奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2431|回复: 4

福建师范大学16年8月课程考试《高级英语阅读(二)》作业考核试题资料

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-7-19 09:23:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
            《高级英语阅读二》期末试2 w' `" g1 o) R. [" j& ]. {* [
" v: j  K7 t4 J
(请把资料写在 资料卷 上)/ s- Q8 H6 {" i* O

4 F2 y: s7 Y( Y5 j3 x, b) v  s! a- `+ f4 ]
  I  Read  Lesson  8 ,Text A “The Girl in the Fifth Row”, translate the following two sentences into Chinese. (阅读教材《高级英语阅读教程(下册) 》第八课课文A,翻译以下句子)
- I7 Z2 q7 v1 W: J+ a& L$ S# X6 nOn my first day as an assistant professor of education at the University of Southern California, I entered the classroom with a great deal of anxiety. My large class responded to my awkward smile and brief greeting with silence. For a few moments I fussed with my notes. Then I started my lecture, stammering; no one seemed to be listening.: U% K# x3 G5 k, Z/ T' f; Z) a
+ t& q+ U1 V0 c5 u: s8 F
II Read lesson 3 ,Text A “To the Victor Belongs the Language”, answer the following  Questions (阅读教材第三课课文A ,回答问题):
2 H( h. {6 A# Q4 I# V& N* C( zTo the Victor Belongs the Language
2 k. W$ w; D( d; @0 |1 D3 ABy Rita Mae Brown 0 s( r3 S. S! u0 c
Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going. A study of the English language reveals a dramatic history and astonishing versatility. It is the language of survivors, of conquerors, of laughter.
% w! ?* }/ Y' r# ~" dA word is more like a pendulum than a fixed entity. It can sweep by your ear and through its very sound suggest hidden meanings; preconscious associations. Listen to these words: "blood," "tranquil," "democracy.'' Besides their literal meanings, they carry associations that are cultural as well as personal. ! d( W2 t+ ~5 m( N4 a9 Z
One word can illustrate this idea of meaning in flux: "revolution." The word enters English in the 14th century from Latin via French. (At least that's when it was first written; it may have been spoken earlier.) "Revolution" means a turning around; that was how it was used. Most often "revolution'' was applied to astronomy to describe a planet revolving in space. The word carried no political meaning.
8 H4 N$ O& `. ?7 \, `"Rebellion" was the loaded political word. It too comes from Latin (as does about 60 percent of our word pool), and it means a renewal of war. In the I4th century "rebellion" was used to indicate a resistance to lawful authority. This can yield amusing results. Whichever side won called the losers rebels—they, the winners, being the repositories of virtue and more gunpowder. This meaning lingers today. The Confederate fighters are called rebels. Since the North won that war, it can be dismissed as a rebellion and not called a revolution. Whoever wins the war redefines the language.
! _+ ?. J8 O/ e0 ]/ ~) t"Revolution" did not acquire a political meaning in English until at least the 16th century. Its meaning—a circular movement — was still tied to its origin but had spilled over into politics. It could now mean a turnaround in power. This is more complicated than you might think. : n- s9 `/ L! s3 n9 l
The 16th century, vibrant, cruel, progressive, held as a persistent popular image the wheel of fortune—an image familiar to anyone who has played with a tarot deck. Human beings dangle on a giant wheel. Some are on the bottom turning upward, some are on the top, and some are hurtling toward the ground. It's as good an image as any for the sudden twists and turns of Fate, Life or the Human Condition. This idea was so dominant at the time that the word "revolution" absorbed its meaning. Instead of a card or a complicated explanation of the wheel of fortune, that one word captured the concept. It's a concept we would do well to remember. 4 u: d( @% r* o+ s# S
Politically, "rebellion" was still the more potent word. Cromwell's seizure of state power in the mid-I 7th century came to be called the Great Rebellion because Charles Ⅱ followed Cromwell in the restoration of monarchy. Cromwell didn't call his own actions rebellious. In I689 when William and Mary took over the throne of England, the event was tagged the Glorious Revolution. "Revolution" is benign here and politically inferior in intensity to "rebellion".
: Q& ^& P+ B: O( h3 I8 wBy 1796 a shift occurred and "revolution'' had come to mean the subversion or overthrow of tyrants. Rebellion, specifically, was a subversion of the laws. Revolution was personal. So we had the American Revolution, which dumped George III out of the Colonies, and the French Revolution, which gave us the murder of Louis XVI and the spectacle of a nation devouring itself. If you're a Marxist you can recast that to mean one class destroying another. At any rate, the French Revolution was a bloodbath and "revolution" began to get a bad name as far as monarchists were concerned and holy significance as far as Jacobins were concerned. By that time "revolution" was developing into the word we know today—not just the overthrow of a tyrant but action based on belief in a new principle. Revolution became a political idea, not just a political act. % s8 @7 H9 O$ p. T
The Russian Revolution, the Chinese Revolution, the Cuban Revolution—by now "revolution" is the powerful word, not "rebellion.'' In the late 1960's and early 1970's young Americans used the word "revolution" indiscriminately. True, they wanted political power, they were opposed to tyrants and believed in a new political principle (or an old one, depending on your outlook) called participatory democracy. However, that period of unrest, with its attendant creativity, did not produce a revolution. The word quickly became corrupted until by the 80's "revolution'' was a word used to sell running shoes.
8 B/ r+ L( ?$ ?1 C1 ~+ nWhither goest thou, Revolution? # a) z6 g! Y3 s3 z7 x/ w. q2 }
. z$ E1 u- v' [+ W$ }* b
1. What is the implied meaning of the last sentence of paragraph 1 “It is the language of survivors ,of conquerors ,of laughter”8 a4 j% c. R1 x, j8 p: ~
2, Can you give some other examples in English or in Chinese to show that language is constantly changing?
" u5 N& ?0 x5 R! f$ m0 }/ c; s# u: Y& ?
III Read lesson 1 Text B , Do  True  or  False Questions(阅读教材第1课课文B ,判断对错):
  m. H6 {' i  @6 L, d3 g* @                     I Became Her Target 7 G$ a) k3 |/ k$ [
My favorite teacher's name was "Dead-Eye" Bean. Her real name was Dorothy. She taught   American history to eighth graders in the junior high section of Creston, the high school that served the north end of Grand Rapids, Mich. It was the fall of 1944. Franklin D. Roosevelt was president; 7 J; p! J* @1 I6 J
American troops were battling their way across France; Joe DiMaggio was still in the service; the   Montgomery bus boycott was more than a decade away, and I was a 12-year-old black newcomer in a school that was otherwise all white. My mother, who had been a widow in New York, had married my stepfather, a Grand Rapids physician, the year before, and he had bought the best house he could afford for his new family.   The problem for our new neighbors was that their neighborhood had previously been pristine(in their terms) and they were ignorant about black people. The prevailing wisdom in the neighborhood was that we were spoiling it and that we ought to go back where we belonged (or, alternatively, ought   not to intrude where we were not wanted). There was a lot of angry talk among the adults, but   nothing much came of it. . s2 F! e  R; N- Y: U0 U
   But some of the kids, those first few weeks, were quite nasty. They threw stones at me, chased   me home when I was on foot and spat on my bike seat when I was in class. For a time, I was a pretty lonely, friendless and sometimes frightened kid. I was just transplanted from Harlem, and   here in Grand Rapids, the dominant culture was speaking to me insistently. 2 q/ `4 ^; P2 N, m
   I can see now that those youngsters were bullying and I was culturally disadvantaged. I knew   then that they were bigoted( 偏执的 ), but the culture spoke to me more powerfully than my mind and I felt ashamed for being different - a nonstandard person.   I now know that Dorothy Bean understood most of that and disapproved of it. So things began to change when I walked into her classroom. She was a pleasant-looking single woman, who looked old and wrinkled to me at the time, but who was probably about 40.   
% z  O8 D, X( e& p   Whereas my other teachers approached the problem of easing in their new black pupil by ignoring him for the first few weeks, Mrs. Bean went right at me. On the morning after having read our first assignment, she asked me the first question. I later came to know that in Grand Rapids, she was   viewed as a person who believed, among other things, that Negroes were equal.
; f- r; E/ Y- mI answered her question and the follow-up. They weren't brilliant answers, but they did establish the fact that I had read the assignment and that I could speak English. Later in the hour, when one   of my classmates had failed to give an answer, Miss. Bean came back to me with a question that required me to clean up the girl's mess and established me as a smart person.   
( T" R- O2 l- z5 Y. u: ]& z  u Thus, the teacher began to give me human dimensions, though not perfect ones for an eighth grader. It was somewhat better to be a teacher's pet than merely a dark presence in the back of the room. A few days later, Miss Bean became the first teacher ever to require me to think. She asked my   opinion about something Jefferson had done. In those days, all my opinions were derivative( 缺乏独创性的 ). I was for Roosevelt because my parents were and I was for the Yankees because my older buddy from Harlem was a Yankee fan. Besides, we didn't have opinions about historical figures like Jefferson. Like our high school building or Mayor Welch, he just was.   + r- d) R$ x- j
After I stared at her for a few seconds, she said: "Well, should he have bought Lousiana or not?"   
2 g: D: P% R8 K: N0 I6 z# b3 B"I guess so," I replied tentatively.  ( K* O" [2 i, S; M, c7 C- F- y/ f
"Why?" she shot back.
2 @$ C+ }5 d; U* d, s9 ]) |Why? What kind of question was that, I complained silently. But I ventured an answer. Day after day, she kept doing that to me, and my answers became stronger and more confident. She was the first teacher to give me the sense that thinking was part of education and that I could form opinions   that had some value. $ f' F" C3 K) f
Her final service to me came on a day when my mind was wandering and I was idly digging my pencil into the writing surface on the arm of my chair. Miss Bean suddenly threw a hunk of gum   eraser at me. By amazing chance, it hit my hand and sent the pencil flying. She gasped, and I crept( 爬 ) shamefacedly after my pencil as the class roared. That was the ice breaker.9 D' P- z6 O$ n& k. d: ?
Afterward, kids came up to me to laugh about "Old Dead-Eye Bean." The incident became a legend, and I, a part of that story, became a person to talk to. ) L3 B, |# ~7 a( ^  \
# b2 x3 h# D+ F* K9 P7 H: I
1. The story happened during the Second World War.3 P+ y) n% l' I0 _, A
2. I was not the only black kid in the school .! T: q: K. `& j$ m2 W+ y
3. The children in the neighborhood are not friendly to me but the adults didn’t discriminate us.
1 Q7 I! D# Z! s( \; g( n1 I% b4. I was just moved from another place to Grand Rapids.
& a2 B( T- U/ G4 ~2 V" ]3 P5.  Dorothy Bean was an old kind teacher.& q  D6 g; B* ^1 u
6. The other teachers neglected their black pupil in their class.
; e$ ]) G  ^% u' F7. Dorothy Bean believed that Negroes were equal with the whites.
6 A& D- \% Y7 r! E8 T+ E  T0 ?, b4 R8. Dorothy Bean want to show her care to me by asking me questions.
! o: {. L  T2 P0 v+ r( |9. It is Dorothy Bean who taught me how to think .
1 O# q9 f5 G1 J& ^# `10. I disliked Miss bean finally because she threw the gum eraser at me which made me laughed at by my classmates." H* L# G8 D7 v' X& B

* r/ }  C/ x2 U   
+ b9 [  ^: ]3 O* f1 _3 q6 }# h6 O( a' {  m8 m6 R5 L

- U3 w8 F' q" \4 O8 R* T" C
( v  o) g; i' Z: e
, Y; ?( W5 ~! I2 p2 ~4 y8 Y
; D# k* B8 o+ w9 i; ?6 t
2 Z6 B: V- z  l5 K& P
. c3 j! j. c( v( i7 z
# A) v: @. k, N/ D# G2 Z     资料卷( l+ I  E8 W  G" v6 D
I,        Translation
/ e; @+ W) r0 ^4 e) W9 S" f
3 j! h4 p1 k5 h$ H/ Z2 H) r1 i% q8 N; a! p# s+ R
: s+ j0 A1 e2 Q5 M- h" |
II,        Answer questions:  D/ ?0 d; B% N7 o% a- I
6 T5 Y) I$ F1 e% v5 ~" }+ a: L% D# `' R
( _4 O0 L/ U4 p+ [! U
- ?! E1 j4 m/ l$ a/ N" f. x
( m1 z5 ^; m5 D. O, n1 `
! C$ M% w/ u' k( X9 ~, A
/ Y$ t% J8 n% p" d" LIII判断对错:
6 r, r" u' H) d. F1-5 : _ _ _ _ _   
0 g/ Z/ M6 a2 q! a 6-10 :  _ _ _ _ _   6 ~9 W6 n2 |. G' ~) [

1 W. E! N' O9 G9 x' G+ N
: z4 f7 ?$ o) @2 ]/ `' q- c
5 h: t7 d* v1 n

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2016-7-19 09:33:47 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-11 14:04:55 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-13 20:43:30 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-18 09:22:45 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 04:25 , Processed in 0.113581 second(s), 23 queries .