奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1315|回复: 0

18秋【北京大学】36081001-大学英语1-第三组》作业(资料)

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-10-11 00:35:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
【北京大学】36081001-大学英语1-第三组
试卷总分:100    得分:100
第1,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Gladys Holm was a secretary(秘书). She worked in an office all her life. Gladys earned(挣) about $ 15,000 a year. She died when she was 86 years old. And she left a big surprise---$ 18 million! She gave the money to a children's hospital.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Gladys Holm never got married or had any children. But she always liked children, and she wanted to help them. When her friend's daughter was ill in hospital, Gladys brought her a teddy bear. After that, she visited the hospital many times. Every time she visited, she brought teddy bears for those children. After that, people started to call Gladys the “Teddy Bear Lady”.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Gladys always gave toys and presents to her friends and family but no one knew she had a lot of money. She lived in a small house outside Chicago. Everyone was very surprised when they learned she was a millionaire. A family friend said, “She always gave us nice presents and things, but we didn't know she was rich.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;How did Gladys get so much money? She asked her boss how to earn more money, and she listened to what he said. She bought the stocks(股票) that he told her to buy, and she got very rich. Before she died, she talked to her friends about “giving something to the children's hospital”. No one knew that the “something” was $ 18 million!
</p>
正确资料:

第2题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;There are three kinds of goals: short-term, medium-range and long-term goals.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Short-term goals are those that usually deal with current activities, which we can apply on a daily basis. Such goals can be achieved in a week or less, or two weeks, or possibly, months. It should be remembered that just as a building is no stronger than its foundation, long-term goals cannot amount to very munch without the achievement of solid short-term goals. Upon completing our short-term goals, we should date the occasion and then add new short-term goals that will build on those that have been completed.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The intermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals. They might deal with just one term of school or the entire school year, or they could even extend for several years. Any time you move a step at a time, you should never allow yourself to become discouraged or overwhelmed. As you complete each step, you will enforce the belief in your ability to grow and succeed. And as your list of completion dates grow, your motivation and desire will increase.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Long-term goals may be related to our dreams of the future. They might cover five years or more. Life is not a static thing. We should never allow a long-term goal to limit us or our course of action.
</p>
正确资料:

第3题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;My grandparents can be good fun. They are retired, so they don't work anymore. My grandfather is 68 and my grandmother is 67, but they are not too old to be active. They exercise by playing golf and they go out for meals and to the theater. Sometimes they take me out, too. We have a good time. They also go on great holidays. Last year, they went to China and walked along the Great Wall!&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Sometimes, my grandparents like to criticize me. They think that children today have an easy life. Life was very different when they were young and there are many things about my life that they do not understand. They tell me, over and over, how they had to start work at 16. They know that I will go on to university and won't be getting a job until I am 22! They also think that I have too many possessions, such as mobile phones, computers and PSPs. When they were young, they did not have anything like that. What they do not realize is that they cannot compare children at present time. They had the same kinds of things as the rest of people of their age, so do I. It would be very strange if I only had the possessions that they had when they were my age.
</p>
正确资料:

第4题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Today Newton is a very clean place. Many years ago, however, there were millions of rats in it. They attacked the cats and dogs. Sometimes a great number of them knocked down a man or woman walking home at night. The rats were very large in size and they harmed many people.
                   The Government ordered everybody to kill rats. Most people were lazy, so they didn't kill many.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The Government promised to pay some money for each dead rat. That made the people very happy. They killed thousands of rats everyday. A Government officer put all the dead rats in a big pile. Sometimes a man brought hundreds in one day.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;After two weeks there were not many rats in the city, but people still brought many rats to the Government office. The Government officer thought that people were stealing dead rats from the pile. He ordered his men to dig a deep hole and put the rats in it. Soon there were no more rats, and the Government didn't pay any more money.
</p>
正确资料:

第5题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Many people like watching TV. Watching TV is one of the most important activities of the day. TV brings the outside closer to people's home. Some people say the world is smaller than before because of TV.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;What's going on in the other countries? How do people live in places far away? Is there a good sports game somewhere? What's life in the deepest part of the sea?
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want to answer these and other kinds of questions, just turn on the TV. Turn it on and watch .You can see a lot and learn a lot. Of course, people can also learn through reading or listening to the radio. But with TV they can learn better and more easily. Why? Because they can hear and watch, too.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TV helps to open our eyes. TV also helps to open our minds (思想) . TV often gives us new ideas. We learn newer and better ways of doing something.
</p>
正确资料:

第6题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;America is growing older. Fifty years ago, only 4 out of every 100 people in the United States were 65 or older. Today, 10 out of every 100 Americans are over 65. The aging of the population will affect American society in many ways — education, medicine, and business. Quietly the graying of America has made us a very different society — one in which people have a quite different idea of what kind of behavior is suitable at various ages.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;A person’s age no longer tells you anything about his/her social position, marriage or health. There’s no longer a particular year in which one goes to school or goes to work or gets married or starts a family. The social clock that kept us on time and told us when to go to school, get a job, or stop working isn’t as strong as it used to be.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It doesn't surprise us to hear of a 29-year-old university president or a 35-year-old grandmother, or a 70-year-old man who has become a father for the first time. Public notions are changing.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Many people say, "I am much younger than my mother — or my father — was at my age." No one says "act your age" anymore. We've stopped looking with surprise at older people who act in youthful ways.
</p>
正确资料:

第7题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you forget to turn off the lights and heaters when you go out of a room? In 2040 it will not matter. They will turn themselves off and on again when you return. A sensor will detect the presence of a human and turn the systems on, and when the humans leave it will turn them off again.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The sensors will work through the central home computer, and they will do much more than just turn the fires and lights on and off for you. They will detect faulty electrical appliances, isolate them so that they cannot harm anyone, and then warn you that they need repair. They will detect fire and if you are out of the house, the computer will call the firemen. It will also call the police, should the sensors detect an intruder(非法闯入者). You will open the door using your personal card--the one you use for shopping--maybe using a number known only to you.
</p>
正确资料:

第8题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;One day a bookseller (书商) let a big box of books fall on his foot. "Go to see the doctor," said his wife. "No," he said, "I'll wait until the doctor comes into the shop next time. Then I'll ask him about my foot. If I go to see him, I'll have to pay him."&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;On the next day the doctor came into the shop for some books. When the bookseller was getting them ready, he told the doctor about his bad foot. The doctor looked at it.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"You must put that foot in hot water every night. Then you must put something on it," said the doctor.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;He took out a piece of paper and wrote on it. "Buy this and put it on the foot before you go to bed every night," he said.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Thank you," said the bookseller. "And now, sir, here are your books."&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"How much?" said the doctor.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Two pounds."&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Good," said the doctor. "I shall not have to pay you anything."
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Why?" asked the bookseller.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"I told you about your foot. I want two pounds for that. If people come to my house, I ask them to pay one pound for a small thing like that. But when I go to their houses, I want two pounds. And I came here, didn't I?"
</p>
正确资料:

第9题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Martin Luther King was a black minister, who became a great leader of the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;King was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. When he was young, he was strongly influenced by Thoreau and Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi's idea of non-violent resistance. Having received a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) from Boston University, he became a political and religious leader of the non-violent civil relights movement in 1955. On August 28, 1963, he led over 250,000 Americans on a march in Washington D.C. to fight for the Civil Rights Law to guarantee equality for all people, and delivered his best known speech "I Have a Dream" before the Lincoln Memorial. The "dream" is a dream of brotherly love and equality for the Black and White. Thus, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for peace in 1964, but he was murdered four years later.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Though he died, he was greatly respected and loved by the Americans, both the white and the black. By vote of Congress in 1968, the third Monday of every January is now a federal holiday in Luther King's honor. He lives in people's hearts forever.
</p>
正确资料:

第10题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;With the steady increase in the amount of leisure time that people enjoy today, the importance of businesses that deal with leisure products and services is also steadily increasing. Among them, tourist industry is one of the biggest industries of this kind. Providing transportation and accommodations for tourists — and guides, brochures, souvenirs — is one of the major industries in many countries. Since people are now having longer vacations and are more and more interested in seeing other parts of the world, this business will no doubt continue to grow.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Another industry obviously devoted to leisure is entertainment. Movies, TV shows, concerts and plays are usually intended for our leisure. The same can be said of most books, except textbooks. Professional sports make money because people pay to watch them in their free time. This list could be greatly extended. But even among these industries, we have mentioned only part of the picture. The people who make the TV sets and build the theatres and tourist hotels are as much a part of the leisure industry as the singers or the hotel clerks.
</p>
正确资料:

第11题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;A dolphin(海豚)is always well-known as a clever and friendly animal. Recently another amazing(令人惊奇的)discovery made by the British marine(海洋的)biologist (生物学家) Alexis shows that dolphins, to our surprise, keep in touch with each other by calling each other's names among themselves something like human beings.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; Alexis recorded over 1700 different kinds of dolphins' calls and made a careful analysis of them. The analysis shows each dolphin has his own sound signal referring specially to himself and used all the time when he gets in touch with others. What's more, one dolphin is even able to imitate another's cry in more or less the same way as sometimes human beings do while talking with birds, which is believed to be an important step towards language from animals' calls.
</p>
正确资料:

第12题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbspaper is one of the most important products ever invented by man. Wide spread use of written language would not have been possible without some cheap and practical material to write on. The invention of paper meant that more people could be educated because more books could be printed and distributed. Together with the printing press, paper provided an extremely important way to communicate knowledge.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;How much paper do you use every year? Probably you cannot answer that question quickly. In 1990 the world’s use of paper was about one kilogram for each person a year. Now some countries use as much as 50 kilograms of paper for each person a year. Countries like the United States, England and Sweden use more paper than other countries.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbspaper, like many other things that we use today, was first made in China. In Egypt and the West, paper was not very commonly used before the year 1400. The Egyptians wrote on a kind of material made of a water plant. Europeans used parchment for many hundreds of year. Parchment was very strong; it was made from the skin of certain young animals. We have learnt of the most important facts of European history from records that were kept on parchment.
</p>
正确资料:

第13题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Mr. Cross wanted to go to his hometown by air. He liked to sit beside a window when he was flying. So he__61__ a window seat when he got in the plane. He found that all of them were taken__62__ one. There was a soldier sitting in the seat beside this one, and Mr. Cross was happy that the soldier had not taken the one by the window. When he__63__ it, Mr. Cross saw that there was a piece of paper with some words on the seat. It said, "This seat is broken. You can't take it, Thank you."&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"A broken seat in a plane? Is that possible?" Mr. Cross said__64__, but he walked on and found another empty seat, not beside a window, to sit in.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;When the plane was quite__65__, a very beautiful girl got into the plane. As soon as he saw her, the soldier quickly took the paper off the seat beside his and let the girl sit in during the whole trip.
</p>
正确资料:

第14题,[组合题]English is widely used. It__66__ by people in England, Australia and the United States. In Sweden, France and manyother countries, a lot of people understand English, too. It is one of the__67__ languages at international meetings. Most international business letters are__68__ in English. Many books and magazines are printed in English, too. English__69 _ be difficult, but it is very useful. It is abridge to so much knowledge. If you know English, you'll find you can__70__ the world better, so we should study it hard.
正确资料:

第15题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Did you sleep well last night? Maybe many people will answer: No. In fact, in the world about one in three people do not have good sleep.___ 71___ you say you do not have good sleep, it means waking early and not getting back to sleep, often interrupted short period of sleep, or hours of wakefulness. You ___72___ get tired, worried, and anxious. Your memory and ability to remember things will  be affected.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Then what should you do when you have the trouble? Do not worry about it too much. First, let’s see whether you can sleep yourself. The ways are as follows:&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;First, ___73___ that your bedroom isn’t too cold or too hot. Keep it dark and quiet.
Second, check your lifestyle:&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Do not drink tea, coffee, cola or chocolate four hours before going to bed. Drink less liquid so that you can have no or fewer visits to the toilet.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Set your body clock well by getting up and going to bed at the fixed time every day. You ___74___ take any daytime naps.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Develop a relaxing bedtime habit. Read or listen to music, then take a warm bath. If you really can not sleep, try some bread, rice or milk. They will help you fall asleep.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Go for a daily walk. Natural light helps you to put your body clock into correct habit, __75___ do exercise outdoors if you can.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Forget the worries of the day. Write down any worries, thoughts or questions before you go to bed. With these written down, you will have less to think about  and your sleep will become easier.
</p>
正确资料:

第16题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;There are many people in the world now. There will be a lot more people next century. The earth will be very crowded and there will be a little room for each person. Maybe there will only be ___76___ room on the earth 600 years later. That will be a very serious problem.
So man is ___77___ of a way to solve the problem.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The moon is the satellite of the earth. Maybe man will go to stay on the moon one day. But there ___78___ no air, no plants, no life there. So scientists are doing experiment in many ways. They have to solve many problems ___79___ man can live on the moon. I'm sure our dream will ___80___ in the next century.
</p>
正确资料:

第17题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Scientists have studied consumer behavior recently and found that the look of the package has a great effect __81__ the "quality" of the product and on how well it sells, because "Consumers generally cannot tell between a product and its package. Many products are packages and many packages are products," as Louis Cheskin, the first social scientist studying consumers' feeling for packaging, noticed.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Colors are one of the best tools in packaging. Studies of eye movement have shown that colors draw human __82__ quickly. Take V8 for example. For many years, the bright red color of tomatoes and carrots on the thin bottle makes you feel that it is very good for your body. And the word"green" today can keep food prices __83__.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Shapes are another attraction. Circles often suggest happiness and peacefulness, because these shapes are pleasing to both the eye and the heart. That's __84__ the round yellow M signs of McDonald's are inviting to both young and old.&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;This new consumer response to the colors and shapes of packages reminds producers and sellers that people __85__ to satisfy both body and soul.
</p>
正确资料:

第18题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;A doctor once taught a class of students in a famous hospital in Edinburgh (爱丁堡). Someone ___86___ a sick man in, and the doctor turned to one of the students and asked him,
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; "What's wrong with this man?"
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; "I don't know, sir," the student answered. "Shall I examine him to ___87___ what his problem is?"
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; "There's no need to examine him," said the doctor. "You should know without asking questions. He hurt his right knee. Didn't you ___88___ the way he walked? He hurt it by burning. You see his trouser leg is burnt at the knee. It is Monday morning now. Yesterday was fine, but on Saturday the roads were wet and muddy (泥泞的). The man's trousers are muddy all over. The man ___89__ on Saturday night."&nbsp;
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp; &nbsp; Then the doctor turned to the man and said, "You had your wages on Saturday and went to a ___90___ and drank too much. You got wet and muddy on the way home. Because you drank too much, you fell on the fire and burnt your knee. Is that right?"
"Yes, sir," said the man.
</p>
正确资料:

第19题,[组合题]<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Since his retirement, one day was just like any other day for John Smith. He woke __91__ precisely at 5:35 a.m.. He went downstairs with his pajamas (睡衣裤)at six o'clock and __92__ himself a cup of hot coffee from the pot which his wife, Mary, had filled and plugged in (给......通上电源)some fifteen minutes ago. He reached for the newspaper as he __93__ the cup to his lips.
This day was different.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It was terrible! He dropped the newspaper and cup. With closed eyes, he swallowed and began to shout: "Mary!". Mrs. Smith was unaccustomed to hearing her husband say much of anything. In fact for the past few days, he had hardly paid any attention at all to many of her important questions. She rushed back to the kitchen.
</p>
<p>
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"John, what is the matter? Oh, you've spilled coffee all over yourself and the newspaper."
She was shocked __94__ her husband's behavior. She wondered what he had read that may have upset him so much. He was not amused at her innocent expression. The coffee was terrible. It was __95__ to drink. She must have purchased a new kind of coffee at the market.
</p>
正确资料:

第20题,[组合题]Fruit is good for people. Many people eat some ___96___ every day. Mr. and Mrs. Black like fruit very much and every Monday Mrs. Black goes to buy some fruit in the ___97___ near her house. The man in the shop knows her well and helps a lot. She can buy all ___98___ of fruit there, like apples, pears, oranges and bananas. In different time of the year the price of each kind of fruit is not the ___99___, sometimes high, something low. Mrs. Black ___100___ to buy cheap fruit. But Mr. Black likes bananas only. She buys bananas for him every week. She only buys cheap items for herself.
正确资料:

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 06:52 , Processed in 0.106244 second(s), 19 queries .