--I was worried about my maths, but Mr. Brown gave me an A.
A. A. Don't worry about it.
B. B. Congratulations! That's a difficult course.
C. C. Mr. Brown is very good.
D. D. Good luck to you！
-Would you mind closing the window? It is windy outside.
A. A. Not at all.
B. B. Sure, go ahead.
C. C. Why not?
D. D. Yes, I would.
- Wow! This is a marvelous room! I’ve never known you’re so artistic.
A. A. Great, I am very art-conscious.
B. B. Don't mention it.
C. C. Thanks for your compliments.
D. D. It's fine.
- Great party, isn’t it?
A. A. Yeah, really.
B. B. My friends are great.
C. C. Have we met before?
D. D. Glad to meet you again.
- Hello, could I speak to Mike please?
A. A. Who are you?
B. B. Who is speaking?
C. C. What's wrong?
D. D. Why?
Thank you ever so much for the coat you bought me.
A. A. No thanks
B. B. I'm glad you like it
C. C. Please don't say so
D. D. No, it's not so good
- Thank you for inviting me.
A. A. I really had a happy time.
B. B. Oh, it's too late.
C. C. Thank you for coming.
D. D. Oh, so slowly?
- This box is too heavy for me to carry it upstairs.
A. A. You may ask for help.
B. B. I'll give you a hand.
C. C. Please do me a favor.
D. D. I'd come to help.
- Hello, may I talk to the director now?
A. A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.
B. B. No, you can't.
C. C. Sorry, you can't.
D. D. I don't know.
--This week, I will travel to Japan.
A. A. Have a good time!
B. B. Let me go with you
C. C. Do you have money?
D. D. Don't joke
A sudden noise of a fire-engine made him___to the door.
A. A. hurrying
B. B. hurried
C. C. hurry
D. D. to hurry
A. A. is made of
B. B. is made on
C. C. is made up with
D. D. is made in
The factory has turned out more and better bicycles since the new techniques were ____.
A. A. adopted
B. B. adapted
C. C. adjusted
D. D. assisted
A police officer claimed he had attempted to ____ paying his fare.
A. A. avoid
B. B. reject
C. C. refuse
D. D. neglect
The computer system suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.
A. A. broke down
B. B. broke out
C. C. broke up
D. D. broke in
No matter _____ , the little sisters managed to round the sheep up and drive them back home safely.
A. A. it was snowing hard
B. B. hard it was snowing
C. C. how it was snowing hard
D. D. how hard it was snowing
When father was young, he ______from morning till night.
A. A. was made work
B. B. was made working
C. C. made to work
D. D. was made to work
You _____do that, if you don’t want to.
A. A. won't
B. B. mustn't
C. C. needn't
D. D. shouldn't
The students were all entertained in a Mexican restaurant, at Professor Brian’s ______.
A. A. money
B. B. pay
C. C. expense
D. D. loss
Jane’s dress is similar in design ___her sister’s.
A. A. like
B. B. with
C. C. to
D. D. as
Can trees talk? Yes, but not in words. Scientists have reason to believe that trees do communicate with each other. Not long ago, researchers learned some surprising things. First a willow tree attacked in the woods by caterpillars (毛虫) changed the chemistry of its leaves and made them taste so terrible that they got tired of the leaves and stopped eating them. Then even more astonishing, the tree sent out a special smell--a signal causing its neighbors to change the chemistry of their own leaves and make them less tasty.
Communication, of course, doesn’t need to be in words. We can talk to each other by smiling, raising our shoulders and moving our hands. We know that birds and animals use a whole vocabulary of songs, sounds, and movements. Bees dance their signals, flying in certain patterns that tell other bees where to find nectar (花蜜) for honey. So why shouldn’t trees have ways of sending message?
It’s implied that caterpillars do not feed on leaves that have an unpleasant taste.
A. A. T
B. B. F
The willow tree described in the passage protects itself by growing more branches.
A. A. T
B. B. F
The willow tree was able to communicate with other trees by giving off a special smell.
A. A. T
B. B. F
It can be inferred from the passage that bees communicate by making special movements.
A. A. T
B. B. F
The author holds that the incident described in the passage must be checked more thoroughly.
A. A. T
B. B. F
In the United States, it is not customary to telephone someone very early in the morning. If you telephone him early in the day, while he is shaving or having breakfast, the time of the call shows that the matter is very important and requires immediate attention. The same meaning is attached to telephone calls made after 11:00 pm. If someone receives a call during sleeping hours, he assumes it’s a matter of life or death. The time chosen for the call communicates its importance. In social life, time plays a very important part. In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are not highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date. But it is not true in all countries. In other areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make an appointment too far in advance because plans which are made for a date more than a week away tend to be forgotten. The meaning of time differs in different parts of the world. Thus, misunderstandings arise between people from different cultures that treat time differently. Promptness is valued highly in American life, for example. If people are not prompt, they may be regarded as impolite or not fully responsible. In the U.S. no one would think of keeping a business associate waiting for an hour, it would be too impolite. A person, who is 5 minutes late, will say a few words of explanation, though perhaps he will not complete the sentence.
What is the main idea of this passage? ________
A. A. It is not customary to telephone someone in the morning and in sleeping hours in the U.S.
B. B. The role of time in social life over the world.
C. C. If people are late, they may be regarded as impolite or not fully responsible in the U.S.
D. D. Not every country treats the concept of time as the same.
What does it mean in the passage if you call someone during his or her sleeping hours? ______
A. A. A matter of work.
B. B. A matter of life or death.
C. C. You want to see him or her.
D. D. You want to make an appointment with him or her.
Which of the following time is proper if you want to make an appointment with your friend in the U.S. A.?
A. A. at 7:00 am
B. B. at 4:00 pm
C. C. at the midnight
D. D. at 4 am
Which of the following statements is true according to the passage? ________
A. A. In the U.S.A. guests tend to feel they are highly regarded if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date.
B. B. No misunderstandings arise between people from different cultures about the concept of time.
C. C. It may be considered foolish to make an appointment well in advance in the U.S.A..
D. D. Promptness is valued highly in American life.
From the passage we can safely infer that _______
A. A. it's a matter of life or death if you call someone in day time.
B. B. the meaning of time differs in different parts of the world.
C. C. it makes no difference in the U.S. whether you are early or late for a business party.
D. D. if a person is late for a date, he needn't make some explanation.
(1) A dolphin is always well-known as a clever and friendly animal.
(2) A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used.
(3) Air pollution is more serious than water pollution.
(4) Another recent study found that children had a greater chance of developing lung cancer if their mothers smoked.
(5) As is known to the world, Mark Twain was a great American writer.
(6) Before leaving the classroom, please turn off the lights.
(7) Bob and Peter found out that they were twin brothers.
(8) But little Smart is not really that smart.
(9) Checking machines which could be used to correct the students’ test papers are very popular now.
(10) Could you tell me where the post office is?
(11) Do you have anything to say?
(12) Do you think you can do it by yourself?
(13) Don’t you see it was just for fun? You got it all wrong.
(14) Eskimos kill the animal for its meat and skin.
(15) Eyes are very important and they are our friends.
(16) Four months after each sowing, the maize is ready for harvesting by the women.
(17) Have you seen Tom recently?
(18) He didn’t understand what the teacher said.
(19) He hates some people riding bicycles on the sidewalk.
(20) He is growing more like his father now.
(21) He looks much older than his age.
(22) He shows a great interest in learning English.
(23) He was calmly watching the fire, his white hair blowing in the wind.
(24) He went out of the room and came back in a few minutes later.
(25) How did you spend your holiday?
(26) How will you spend the evening?
(27) I am writing this letter to complain about the service in your hotel.
(28) I didn’t sleep well.
(29) I gently push the actors in the direction I want them to go.
(30) I had lunch with a friend of mine.
(31) I heard she got married last week.
(32) I never slept better, because I wasn’t buried under layers of heavy bedclothes.
(33) I saved her baby and became a hero.
(34) I think she will change her mind tomorrow.
(35) I was so bewildered by their conflicting advice that I did not know how to act.
(36) I’ll get in contact with you as soon as I arrive.
(37) If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to the cause.
(38) If you look into this lake, you will see beautiful ducks.
(39) I’ll phone you again when I get home.
(40) I’m having a headache now.
(41) I’m thinking about a visit to Paris.
(42) In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it.
(43) In most cultures, animals are in a worse position than human beings.
(44) In the world, soccer or football is the most popular sport.
(45) It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
(46) I’ve changed my mind.
(47) Jack was worried about whether he’d be able to get there on time.
(48) Last year some German students went to England for a holiday.
(49) Luckily, the planes appear to be safe.
(50) May I have a look at the watch?
(51) Movies are the most popular form of entertainment for millions of Americans.
(52) My roommate, Tom, is also a graduate student like me.
(53) On their way they came to a shop where bread was sold.
(54) Our textbooks are very different from theirs.
(55) Playing the sport you like is considered an essential part of a person’s life.
(56) Please tell me what to do next.
(57) She has helped catch many criminals by using her special ability.
(58) She spends too much time on TV each day.
(59) Since ancient times, people have dreamed of leaving their home planet（星球） and exploring other worlds.
(60) Some football teams will have games there.
(61) Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for walk.
(62) Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years.
(63) The company I’m working with is far from here, so I have to commute every day.
(64) The farmer did not spend much time working on his farm.
(65) The healthier people are, the more happiness they will experience.
(66) The man paid no attention to what she said.
(67) The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water, rocks, etc.
(68) The polluted air becomes poisonous and dangerous to health.
(69) The reason for their success was that they knew how to study.
(70) The store opens from 7 am. to 8 pm.
(71) The third of March is an exciting day for little Japanese girls.
(72) Their school has beautiful houses and a big playground.
(73) There was nothing Jenny could do but wait.
(74) They don’t decide who is right and who is wrong.
(75) They thought that there must be something wrong with their TV set.
(76) Things are going from good to better.
(77) This picture doesn’t look like you.
(78) Though it was late, they kept on working.
(79) Tom broke his leg on his way home.
(80) Try to save your hardest work for your best hours.
(81) We also want to find a hotel room if it rains at night.
(82) We can’t live without these things.
(83) We must read as much as possible to enlarge our vocabulary.
(84) We were very excited because our class won the first at last.
(85) What did you do last week?
(86) What time do you go swimming every day?
(87) What’s the size of your shoes?
(88) When I arrived at the station, the train had already left.
(89) When she was eighteen, she began to work.
(90) Where did you go for dinner yesterday?
(91) Who’s going to answer the door?
(92) With all his savings gone, he started to look for a job.
(93) Would you please help me with my homework?
(94) You and your team can discover the answers to problems together.
(95) You could find plentiful material resources wherever you go in that country.
(96) You should put part of your salary in the bank each month.
The Job I Like
Interest is the Best Teacher
My Favorite TV program
内容提示：假如你叫张琳，你昨天（4月7日）在放学回家的路上发生了交通事故。你从自行车上摔了下来，被好心人及时送到了医院，医生叫你卧床休息三天，特此请假（ask for a sick leave）
My Teacher in High School
How to Keep Healthy
(8) Instructions: 建议你在30分钟内，根据下面所给的题目和提纲用英语写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
Should the University Campus be Open to Tourists?
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册