奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1536|回复: 3

20年6月西南大学课程考试[0848]《高级英语一》大作业(资料)

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-6-19 15:03:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网

2 n% t6 ^+ o! F( }5 {8 T西南大学培训与继续教育学院课程考试试
  Y+ E* K+ U' l. }# E' k2 M- Z5 A6 k& c. i( G' V
学期:2020年春季) X/ T7 _1 l+ {  z$ O
  课程名称【编号】: 高级英语一 【0848】               A卷
: M* h0 l! N0 m0 Y:大作业                                更多资料下载:谋学网(www.mouxue.com):100 分: P0 T! g+ c4 Y* Y
, S) [! N. K8 ?& P/ R( oFailure is a better teacher than success since success always encourages repetition of old behavior whereas failure can prompt fresh thinking, a change of direction. After twelve years of studying ballet a friend of mine applied to join a professional company. She was turned down. “Would further training help?” she asked. The ballet master shook his head. “You will never be a dancer,” he said. “You haven’t the body for it.” In such cases, the way to use failure is to face the reality (face the music) courageously, asking “What have I left? What else can I do?” My friend put away her toe shoes and moved into dance therapy, a field where she’s both competent and useful.. s6 Q5 e2 L) V
  M* m- P2 ^9 L* L7 J
Passage 2 (From Unit 4)
# V6 \. D5 }) W  u. WOn the positive side, there are a number of things worth recommending, such as the following:
" ~, V! s$ q$ P: \/ c        1. Ask others about themselves; at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself.& [7 A" w  _7 c+ S& B: E
        2. Keep you voice modulated. Laugh when moved to do so but avoid raucous laughter, and don’t giggle at your own remarks.: p. D& \) d- M9 V0 ~
        3. Listen to whoever is speaking and make it apparent that you are listening by not letting your eyes wander or your attention be diverted.
1 G0 k* Z# O3 Q' x1 C  q        4. If another person joins the conversation, bring him briefly up to date on what is being discussed and encourage him to join the conversation.& F5 L' ]% v0 D! K2 E9 v; \2 u
        5. At dinner parties, break the ice by turning to the person sitting next to you and asking some question that is calculated to elicit an answer that can then become the subject of conversation. It does not make much difference what you ask if it succeeds in getting other person to speak.
% w, K8 s$ u, U: U+ [3 l; ?/ x  q/ x; d
Passage 3 (From Unit 15): A% |$ n$ C! r, o  Y; j9 I
The race will intensify year by year — with far-reaching impacts on society. Who “owns” the bottom of the ocean and the marine life that covers it? As ocean mining becomes feasible and economically advantageous, we can expect the resource balance among nations to shift. The Japanese already extract 10,000,000 tons of coal each year from underwater mines; tin is already being ocean-mined by Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Before long nations may go to war over patches of ocean bottom. We may also find sharp changes in the rate of industrialization of what are now resource-poor nations.+ n" ]3 G3 s  [# t3 |
$ u: M# X$ z, u: p) U
Exercise 2                Skimming and Scanning (10x3=30)& @; l0 n: G6 M8 d  k7 t6 R
In this part, you are required to go over the passage quickly. ; u9 \8 V. e5 z. a" A
For questions 1-7, choose the best answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D.
/ P1 I& n) K. d- \3 GFor questions 8-10, complete the sentences with the information given in the passage.
1 x) @9 E5 t  w& p- d3 H7 r& O. M; v' ~6 Q0 \* E
1.        What is the top reason Americans travel in the summertime?
" L- E3 I8 B9 I        A. School is over.                         B. They think they deserve a rest.
" g( v3 }  C! r9 J        C. Summer is the season to travel.                         D. The weather is great.  - L3 A1 a  Z1 g6 V
2.        Every year, most companies _______. ; e7 b9 U0 m8 t2 u% E4 @3 I
        A. require a business trip                         B. insist that workers commute
9 D) |- x' p5 E: |. ?: t9 m; ?( _: X2 a        C. have employees travel together                         D. provide a vacation for workers  
% Z; J5 G# `8 w! Y7 |3.        Many Americans treat their pets as _______. 0 V0 ~0 ?# Z$ N
        A. their family members                         B. very common things
) ?7 ?' v4 _. ?- k& T( C, O; c) I        C. their own property                         D. very usual things" b' L7 e" Z) T4 ]; X
4.        According to the passage, some fancy hotels could provide for your pets the following EXCEPT _______. + ?5 F4 V/ @* p$ f" T
        A. good accommodation                         B. some well-served food 6 g# t: U3 Y' \: }
        C. a soft bed                         D. delicious Chinese meals  , H6 C$ W" A$ {3 y, ]' x8 }6 S: ~3 F
5.        It’s discovered that interaction with pet animals is good for health as they can help to _______.
$ N% a; R6 k0 |4 F# H% o+ d        A. guard against unwelcome visitors                         B. catch unwanted mice
" Z2 K$ R) X/ v0 b. R        C. lower blood pressure                         D. keep company  
9 v  A7 w& y6 B& v* G# ]+ Z6 ]6.        Pet can encourage social relationship by _______. ; {/ n* U& V* V% s' ~1 r. P
        A. acting as basic element to American culture         B. providing a subject for chatting - N1 z' C$ r2 C/ W1 h
        C. becoming members for the family                         D. having a friendly appearance$ ^7 Z0 \3 k$ T  E' `5 k' P
7.        Traditionally, if a young man wants to get married to his girlfriend he is supposed to _______. ! O' R- W  H: L! e) I  k
        A. propose to his friend at the right time                         B. ask his girlfriend to marry him in a romantic way
6 K8 ?2 ^  u6 y6 L: ~: D        C. get the permission of his girlfriend’s mother         D. get the permission of his girlfriend’s father  / B! Y% n$ u: |6 ?+ K( B
8.        The counseling during engagement can prepare a couple for ___________.
9 r8 @, J3 J, \5 s* D9.        During the ceremony the bride usually wears a beautiful, long white wedding dress while the groom wears ___________.
! m* y# J$ B( Z2 l8 E4 R10.        When the bride and groom begin to exchange their rings, it is a symbol of their ___________.
& t2 x: P) L9 r* ?9 p9 X6 }8 B! c2 l0 M- T9 [  }& x# n6 {0 g
A Few Aspects of American Life- p1 `1 C6 T* @! D
Travel & W7 B4 N- @9 K) g7 a# j7 i5 D3 l
        It’s summertime. For many Americans, this is the season to travel. Why? Because school is over and the weather is great. And most of all, they believe they deserve a break. When Americans take a break, they often head for their favorite vacation spot.  ! t  f" a& P: r
        Throughout their history, Americans have been people on the move. The early immigrants had to travel to get to the New World. Once they arrived, they settled along the East Coast. But they weren’t content to stay here. Explorers and traders journeyed to the unknown western territories. Later, settlers moved west to develop new areas. As a result of this west movement, Americans eventually occupied the whole continent—from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Even today, Americans seem unable to stay put. Research says that average American moves every five years.2 S$ t: F3 i% h; }4 J5 Y1 f4 E
        Americans are used to traveling. Some people make long-distance commuting to work daily. Their jobs may even require them to take frequent business trips. Most companies provide an annual vacation for their employees, and people often use that time to travel. Some people just visit friend or relatives in distant states. Some go on low-budget weekend trips and stay in economy motels. Those with more expensive tastes choose luxurious hotels. Camping out in the great outdoors appeals to adventurous types. Some travel in recreational vehicles to camp out in comfort, while others “rough it” by sleeping in tents. Families often plan their trips with the kids in mind. More and more “family friendly” hotels offer special programs for children.
+ L. D8 ^  d+ p2 X9 @Pet
& l# D4 w! S, K$ C; s) f' e8 W        Americans love pets. Many pet owners treat their pets as a part of the family. You might say Americans treat their pets like they treat their children—sometimes even better.# E( h, S* b. v: G
        In America, there are more households with pets than those with children. At least 43 percent of US homes have pets of some sort. Usual creatures, such as monkeys, snakes and even wolves, find a home with some Americans. More common pets include fish, mice and birds. But the all-time favorites are cats and dogs, even at the White House. Americans sometimes have strong feelings about whether dogs or cats make better pets. “Dog people” and “cat people” often enjoy friendly competition.  
! A! `! T9 V' K! W; N6 E8 ^        Many grocery stores in America sell pet foods. Pets can even accompany their owners on vacation. Fancy hotels are beginning to accommodate both man and animal. Animal guests at Four Seasons Hotels can enjoy delicious meals served on fine china and sleep in soft beds.+ k+ n* q6 H3 ]7 k: {0 q
        The average American enjoys having pets around, and for good reason. Researchers have discovered that interacting with animals lowers a person’s blood pressure. Dogs can offer protection from robbers and unwelcome visitors. Cats can help rid the home of unwanted mice. Little creatures of all shapes and sizes can provide friendship and love. In many cases, having a pet prepares a young couple for the responsibilities of parenthood. Pets even encourage social relationships: they give their owners an appearance of friendliness, and they provide a good subject of conversation.0 n" T: A3 _. W3 a# _& ^
        Pets are as basic to American culture as hot dogs or apple pie. To Americans, pets are not just property, but a part of the family.( a" m. ~! X3 f) m& `' P  n
Marriage
8 m: i2 F/ j  k3 d+ g: s2 c7 _  j        “I do.” To Americans, these two words carry great meaning. They can even change your life, especially if you say them at your own wedding. Making wedding promises is like signing a contract. Now Americans don’t really think marriage is a business deal. But marriage is a serious business.  
: ]/ o, `  i  r; z; P        It all begins with engagement. Traditionally, a young man asks the father of his sweetheart for permission to marry her. If the father agrees, the man later proposes to her. Often he tries to surprise her by asking her to marry him in a romantic way.  1 x, w& V' c/ A7 o4 I
        Sometimes the couple just decides together that the time is right to get married. They may be engaged for weeks, months or even years. As the big approaches, bridal showers and bachelor’s parties provide many gifts. Today many couples also receive counseling during engagement. This prepares them for the challenges of married life.  + X4 @$ h, H! b3 G2 R
        At last it’s time for the wedding. Although most weddings follow long-held traditions, there’s still room for individualism. For example, the usual place for a wedding is in a church. But some people get married outdoors. A few even have the ceremony while skydiving or riding on horseback! The couple may invite hundreds of people or just a few close friends. They choose their own style of colors, decorations and music during the ceremony. But some things rarely change. The bride usually wears a beautiful, long white wedding dress. She traditionally wears “something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue”. The groom wears a formal suit. Relatives and close friends participate in the ceremony.
' y4 ?3 E1 r7 ~4 a! R        As the ceremony begins, the groom stands with the minister, facing the audience. Music signals the entrance of the beautiful bride. Nervously, the young couple repeats their promises. Traditionally, they promise to love each other “for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health”. But sometimes the couple composes their own promises. They give each other a gold ring as a symbol of their marriage promise. Finally the minister announces the big moment: “I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride!”
/ w) }( \' P! [. C2 a
, ~& \2 p7 Q4 B  N) Y, rExercise 3                Writing (1x40=40)
3 `" z- u! e  ?% [& |Write a composition of about 200 words on any one of the following topics:$ E4 S& }6 F8 `6 i* b
% ^" V7 X" T( N4 _+ E6 V
Life without Internet
- Q. R3 U" [5 C4 CMy Views on Studying Abroad$ ?, k9 [! T  a& `/ B% H0 j4 y
Time and Tide Wait for No Man
) ^, U7 J  w* x* V( a! j6 e* S1 g6 u  f. M
You are to write in three paragraphs." h6 G7 p- ?" y6 K( M" ^
        In the first paragraph, state clearly what your view is.
! h+ w* _3 a% c  _1 e  \! i4 \8 @        In the second paragraph, support your view with details.1 ]2 g' |( V9 N5 Y/ w
        In the last paragraph, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion with a summary or suggestion.- _% j. J; q7 Q" I& d1 ?) P
        Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks." P" P/ @9 Q7 ?6 t4 {

9 t! l( i  m' _# q1 J$ y# d: X, f2 R( L$ X/ N& {

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2020-6-19 15:10:49 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-6-19 15:37:02 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-6-19 16:11:20 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:31 , Processed in 0.107896 second(s), 17 queries .