一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. For your future ____, we operate an insurance scheme, covering the equipment against breakdowns for a small additional cost.|
2. The boy asked his mother to _____ him up so that he could look in the window.
3. Fiat’s Brazilian operations now ____ for 18% of the conglomerate’s total auto sales.
A. take up
D. make up
4. At the same time, far-reaching deregulation should ______ the provisions that compel saving (such as compulsory payroll savings deductions) and suppress consumption.
5. In this kind of environment, I see nothing but ____ bad assets.
6. Many of Asia’s banks cannot meet their short-term commitments to overseas lenders or extend credit to ______local borrowers.
7. The answer lies largely _____ the now-pervasive use of information technology throughout the economy.
8. He was ______from his country for political reasons.
9. One of ___great insights was the paradox of savings.
10. He had made noises advocating environment reform that ____ opposition from Mahathir.
A. ran into
B. ran across
C. ran about
D. ran after
11. Out of that, there’s little flexibility in $150 million, but the remaining $100 million is more ______ , says Siboni. “Building Web-centric information systems might become less critical.”
12. Now the same players are dragging their feet ____ reform and defying political pressure to clean up their acts.
13. ___ would be the bad banking practices, the cronyism, and the political favoritism.
14. As the task force nears the end of its life it will probably want to create some permanent agency, perhaps under the aegis of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation ______ to enforce the agreed upon rules.
15. The change of the plan would ______treat inconvenience on them.
16. For example, consumer spending and office construction far ______the rest of the economy during the 1980s.
17. A survey shows bureaucrat is the biggest barrier ____ doing business in Korea.
18. Higher productivity also means that the economy may be _____ of sustaining 5% unemployment rates or lower without triggering inflation.
19. Now HK is getting ___ into the whirlpool.
20. Brazilian auto analysts say it’s only a matter of time before it ______ Volkswagen, which holds 29.1% of the market, to become No.1. “Fiat has clearly done a marvelous job of coming from third place to threaten VW,” says Francisco H. Passos Fernandes, a d
21. Tens of thousands of people poured into the streets of Kuala Lumpur to express their support ____ Anwar and his message.
22. In the immediate future, exports will more than ever be the ___ of the Asian economies.
23. Engineer is an ____ post in Fiat.
24. Computers are not the only capital _____ that have a payoff.
25. As long as the red tape remains, corruption will ____.