一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Congressional critics on the right and left have already geared up to ___ the IMF.|
A. take aim at
B. take it out of
C. bring in
D. buy out
2. It ___ the main problem is financial mismanagement.
3. Information technology has doubtless _____ the stability of business operations.
4. Global leaders should appoint an ____ task force that would have real clout to deal with the problem on a regional basis.
5. Engineer is an ____ post in Fiat.
6. At each step along the way, economic pessimists warned that the economy was about ____ tumble into a yawning chasm.
7. The biggest high-tech downturn in the past two decades came in 1985, when demand_____ just before the introduction of Intel’s 80386 microprocessor.
A. died out
B. petered out
C. came into being
8. Like generals fighting the last war, the Fed seems to be focusing ____ traditional cyclical indicators.
9. Thanks ___ $ 515 billion worth of investment, the multinationals have moved closer to their customers.
10. Although meant to be ___, this incantation is dangerously misleading.
11. Still, most Americans and Europeans are surprisingly ____ about Asia’s turmoil.
12. That realization is shaking ____ the stock market.
13. Conversely, if spending on computers ______ , that’s a sign that companies had little faith in the productivity benefits of information technology.
14. He would move from the company’s headquarters in Turin to take ____ operations in faraway Brazil.
15. Chief among them is the ____ need to improve the productivity of domestic industry as a way to improve Japan’s growth prospects.
16. She _____ her eyes from the ugly sight.
17. High-tech profits ______stock prices, making investors more willing to spend. And rising wages and bonuses for high-tech workers finance the purchases of new cars and homes.
18. Building and ______a political consensus for bailing out Asia will likely be the biggest and most complex foreign-policy challenge facing Clinton in the remainder of his term.
A. holding up
B. holding together
C. holding with
D. holding on
19. Structural bottlenecks bureaucratic resistance and labor ___ slow or even thwart reform.
20. He quickly discovered that Brazil, rather than being some stagnant backwater, was an auto market ______with growth.
21. By imposing austerity ___troubled Asian nations, the IMF may actually be exacerbating the situation.
22. The answer lies largely _____ the now-pervasive use of information technology throughout the economy.
23. Some governments try their best to avoid ____ their national debt.
24. Back then, when unemployment fell below 6.5%, inflation ______ .
A. got up
B. shut down
C. took off
D. put on
25. Each has ____ new notebook or desktop offerings lately, and Sony’s not selling video game machine has come from nowhere to become a $3 million global business.
D. carried on