奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2759|回复: 0

大学英语复习备考题库2011春资料 参考

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-6-15 17:48:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
全国教师教育网络联盟入学联考
(专科起点升本科)
大学英语复习备考
2011年
词汇与语法知识
练习一
1. The workers have built a lot of new houses in Shanghai                        .
A. in the past ten years                                        B. for ten years
C. last year                                                                D. ten years ago
2. Mother was out. I                         look after my little brother.
A. have to                        B. mustn’t                        C. need                     D. had to
3. I met a friend of                        yesterday.
A. Dick’s mother                B. Dick mother            C. Dick mother’s           D. Dick’s mother’s
4. If you need any money, I’ll lend you                        .
A. one                                B. it                                    C. those                            D. some
5. The population of China is larger than                                of Japan.
A. one                                B. those                            C. that                                D. these
6. I carry only enough money to make change for a        bill.
  A. tens-dollar                B. ten-dollar                        C. ten-dollars                        D. tens-dollars
7. Last summer I took a course on        .
  A. how to make dresses                                        B. how dresses to make
C. how to be made dresses                                        D. how dresses to be made
8. Don’t be too        about things you are not supposed to know.
  A. strange                        B. amusing                        C. curious                        D. conscious
9. The water will be further polluted unless some measures         .
  A. will be taken                B. are taken                        C. were taken                        D. had been taken
10. We have studied English for only one year,        we can perform English short play already.
  A. for                                B. and                                C. yet                                D. or
11. Early to bed and early to rise        a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
  A. make                        B. had made                        C. makes                                D. will make
12. Little        about his own safety though he was in great danger himself.
  A. does he care                B. did he care                        C. he cares                        D. he cared
13. “Where        the recorder? I can’t see it anywhere.”
   “I        it right here. But now it’s gone.”
  A. did you put; have put                                        B. have you put; put
C. had you put; was putting                                D. were you putting; have put
14. Police officers working on the murder have        hundreds of families.
  A. asked                        B. researched                        C. questioned                        D. demanded
15. Few of us thought that the problem was worth         .
  A. discuss                        B. discussed                        C. discussing                        D. to discuss
16. She        his number in the phone book to make sure that she had got it right.
  A. looked up                B. looked for                        C. picked out                        D. picked up
17. Julie has gained more experience than        in her restaurant and the customers like her.
  A. any waitress                B. other waitresses                C. the waitress                        D. any other waitress
18. She seems to be too short for a         .
  A. twenty-year old girl                                        B. girl twenty-year-old
C. twenty-years-old girl                                        D. girl of twenty
19. The room was so quiet that she could hear the         of her heart.
  A. hitting                        B. beating                        C. hurting                        D. striking
20.        what the situation would be like, they decided to keep silent.
  A. Knowing not                B. Not know                        C. Not knowing                D. Having not known
21. I         up early this morning, so I stayed in bed until 8 o’clock a.m. .
  A. needn’t have got        B. didn’t need to get        C. shouldn’t have got        D. can’t have got
22.        , the more you are aware of content and meaning.
  A. The more words you are familiar to                B. The more words you are familiar with
C. You are familiar to more words                        D. You are familiar with more words
23. By the time he was twelve, Edison        to make a living by himself.
  A. would begin                B. has begun                        C. had begun                        D. was begun
24. “Are you ready for your paper?” “Not yet. I need        to read through it.”
  A. other three minutes                                                B. another three minutes
C. three other minutes                                                D. more three minutes
25. Although she was frightened, she answered with a         voice.
  A. quiet                        B. silent                                C. still                                D. calm
26. Tom told his mother he was going to go over his lessons but        he went to bed.
  A. almost                        B. actually                        C. immediately                D. hardly
27.        that leather shoes are hand-made, the price seems reasonable.
  A. In view of                B. Because                        C. Since                                D. Considering
28. I don’t think         possible to master a foreign language without much memory work.
  A. this                                B. that                                C. its                                D. it
29.        you have done might do harm to other people.
  A. That                        B. What                                C. Which                                D. This
30. The boy        his time between work and play.
  A. spent                        B. wasted                                C. separated                        D. divided
练习二
1.                         good time they are having!
A. What                        B. How                                C. What a                        D. How a
2. Half of the money                        your brother.
A. belong to                        B. belong                                C. belongs to                        D. belongs
3. Thanks to Mr. Wang, he kept                        us to remember the important things.
A. to ask                        B. asking                                C. to be asked                        D. not asking
4. I don’t think the news you told me                        true.
A. are                                B. is                                        C. being                                D. am
5. Mike knows                        the questions in English.
A. to answer                B. answer                                C. how answer                        D. how to answer
6. Of all the problems, this one is of the        importance.
  A. great                        B. more                                C. less                                D. greatest
7. It happened to be very cold        the morning of our sports meet.
  A. at                                B. of                                C. on                                D. with
8. The gate is too        for a car; we’ll have to walk through.
  A. shallow                        B. loose                                C. broad                                D. narrow
9. In Hangzhou Mr. Green was so struck by        beauty of        nature that he stayed for another night.
  A. /; /                                B. /; the                                C. the; /                                D. the; the
10. There are altogether fifty students in our class, twenty        are boys.
  A. of them                        B. of those                        C. of whom                        D. of whose
11. Although he was so tired,        he went to the concert with his friend that night.
  A. but                                B. so                                C. yet                                D. and
12. He finished his lunch very fast, because he        attend an important meeting.
  A. needed                        B. might                                C. used to                        D. had to
13. I don’t trust him at all. His smiles always make me         .
  A. feeling sick                B. be sick                                C. being sick                        D. sick
14. Not until Mr. Smith came to China        what kind of a country she is.
  A. did he know                B. he knew                        C. he didn’t know                D. he could know
15.        road out of town is good. But this one is better than the other.
  A. Both                        B. All                                C. None                                D. Neither
16. He didn’t know what        while he was away from home.
  A. would happen                B. happened                        C. had happened                D. happens
17. His speech made        deep impression on the audience that they could hardly forget it.
  A. such a                        B. so a                                C. so                                D. such
18. The computer center,        last year, is very popular among the students in this school.
  A. open                        B. opening                        C. having opened                D. opened
19.        is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language.
  A. There                        B. This                                C. That                                D. It
20. Crusoe’s dog became ill and died,        made him very lonely.
  A. as                                B. which                                C. that                                D. this
21. Will the         of houses and land continue to increase?
  A. worth                        B. value                                C. cost                                D. importance
22. It can take up three months to        a man to do this work!
  A. guide                        B. raise                                C. train                                D. learn
23. Although he is considered as a great writer        .
  A. his works are not widely read                        B. but his works are not widely read
C. however his works are not widely read                D. still his works are not widely read
24. Students sometimes support themselves by         of evening jobs.
  A. ways                        B. offers                                C. means                                D. helps
25. I asked him to        me a few minutes so that we could go over the problems.
  A. spend                        B. save                                C. spare                                D. share
26. It rarely snows in the south in winter,        ?
  A. is it                                B. isn’t it                                C. doesn’t it                        D. does it
27. I wonder if he        us, and I think if he         us we’ll be able to complete the task ahead of time.
  A. helps; help                B. will help; helps                C. will help; will help        D. helps; will help
28. Dark glasses are sometimes worn to        the eyes from strong sunlight.
  A. prevent                        B. care                                C. defend                                D. protect
29. He as well as I         the suggestion you put forward just now.
  A. agree with                B. agree to                        C. agrees with                        D. agrees to
30. They often         the scientist’s name, but they have never seen him.
  A. learn from                B. hear from                        C. hear of                                D. listen to
练习三
1. The story is long, but it is worth                        .
A. to listen to                B. listening to                        C. listening to it                D. to listen
2. The subject was so                        that Tom became very                        in it.
A. interesting, interesting                                        B. interested, interested
C. interested, interesting                                        D. interesting, interested
3. You must clean the classroom,                         you?
A. needn’t                        B. mustn’t                        C. can’t                                D. don’t
4. “Alice couldn’t answer the question, could she?” “_________.”
A. No, she couldn’t                                                B. No, she could
C. Yes, she couldn’t                                                D. Yes, she answers
5. I haven’t seen the TV play. Rose hasn’t seen it,                        .
A. neither                        B. also                                C. either                                D. too
6. “Can I help you?”  
“Well, I’m afraid the box is too heavy for you,        thank you all the same.”
  A. and                         B. so                                C. or                                D. but
7. Not until the early years of the 19th century        what heat is.
  A. man knew                B. didn’t man know                C. man did know                D. did man know
8. The great noise produced by the machine will sooner or later do       to the workers’ hearing.
  A. damage                        B. help                                C. wrong                                D. harm
9. The research results show that the earth goes a little faster         it is closer to the sun.
  A. as if                                B. so that                                C. than                                D. when
10. “Where do you suggest going?” “We promised        the children to the West Lake.”
  A. taking                        B. to take                                C. taken                                D. took
11. When we breathe, the oxygen in the air        with our blood and gives us life.
  A. fills                                B. goes                                C. takes in                        D. mixes
12. “I’m sorry to keep you waiting.”
  “Oh, not at all. I         here only a few minutes.”
  A. have been                B. had been                        C. was                                D. will be
13. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty,        great it is.
  A. what                        B. how                                C. however                        D. whatever
14. You never told us why you were one hour late for the last meeting,        ?
  A. weren’t you                B. didn’t you                        C. have you                        D. did you
15. I don’t quite remember the key        the question though I answered it correctly.
  A. of                                B. to                                        C. for                                D. about
16. If you drink too much, your health will get even         .
  A. bad                                B. poor                                C. worse                                D. not well
17. The thing that        is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not.
  A. matters                        B. cares                                C. considers                        D. minds
18. “Which of these two ties will you take?”
   “I’ll take        to give me a change sometimes.”
  A. either                        B. both                                C. neither                                D. all
19. He didn’t keep on asking me the time any longer as he had had his watch        .
  A. to repair                        B. repaired                        C. repairing                        D. repair
20. By nine o’clock I        that my guests were not coming.
  A. recognized                B. realized                        C. understood                        D. noticed
21. You’re        your time trying to persuade him. He’ll never join us.
  A. spending                        B. wasting                        C. losing                                D. missing
22. Alice received an invitation from her boss,        came as a surprise.
  A. it                                B. that                                C. which                                D. he
23. Not only        the data fed into it, but it can also analyze them.
  A. can the computer memorize                                B. the computer can memorize
C. do the computer memorize                                D. can memorize the computer
24. Mrs. White found her husband surrounded by letters and papers and        very worried.
  A. looking                        B. looks                                C. looked                                D. to look
25.        took us several hours to clear the snows and open the road to traffic.
  A. They                        B. All                                C. He                                D. It
26. The doctor suggests that I should sleep with the window open         it’s very cold.
  A. if                                B. unless                                C. when                                D. since
27. His grandma        in bed for a week.
  A. lies                                B. has lain                        C. has laid                        D. has lied
28.        he said at the meeting astonished everybody present.
  A. What                        B. That                                C. The fact                        D. The matter
29. It is reported that        people have entered for the competition.
  A. hundreds                        B. hundred                        C. hundreds of                        D. several hundreds
30. The boy used to watch the planes        and land far away.
  A. take away                B. take off                        C. take out                        D. take up
练习四
1. There are trees on ________ sides of the square.
A. every           B. both              C. neither            D. all
2. The Browns went to the park                        they had had breakfast.
A. after                        B. before                                C. while                                D. as
3. She is only seven years old. She                        be a middle school student.
A. mustn’t                        B. may not                        C. cannot                            D. should
4. Is there anything in your                        hand?
A. other                        B. the other                    C. another                    D. each
5. When she was walking by the playground, a football hit                        .
A. her in her face         B. her face                          C. her in the face                D. her on her face
6. “What do you think of the cake?” “It’s nice. I’d like to have        .”
  A. some other                B. another                        C. others                                D. other
7. When my sister phoned me, I could not hear clearly what she was        .
  A. speaking                        B. saying                                C. talking                                D. telling
8. The number of the teachers in our college        greatly increased this term.
  A. is                                B. has                                C. are                                D. have
9. Her       English is the best in the class.
  A. speaking                        B. spoken                        C. talked                                D. writing
10.        no need to take any kind of vitamin pills if we eat well and properly.
  A. It is                                B. It’s                                C. There has                        D. There is
11. The British people and the American people not only speak the same language but         a lot of special customs as well.
  A. share                        B. spare                                C. hold                                D. carry
12. The book I         the other day can be found nowhere.
  A. borrow                        B. borrowed                        C. are borrowing                D. was borrowing
13. She doesn’t speak        her friend, but her written work is excellent.
  A. as well as                B. so often as                        C. so much as                        D. as good as
14. “Where do you live?”
  “I live        550 Dalian Road.”
  A. on                                B. at                                        C. to                                        D. for
15. They are working hard to        what they have lost.
  A. make up for                B. keep up with                C. catch up with                D. make out for
16. I like spring. I hope good weather will          .
  A. go on                        B. stay                                C. keep                                D. continue
17. There are usually at least two        of looking at every question.
  A. means                        B. directions                        C. views                                D. ways
18 The reason why the car was stopped was         .
  A. that the road was slippery                                B. due to the slippery road
C. because the road was slippery                        D. because of the slippery road
19. He won’t        to bring me my umbrella unless I tell him again.
  A. forget                        B. remind                                C. remember                        D. realize
20. It was the training that he had as a young man        made him such a good engineer.
  A. that                         B. has                                C. what                                D. later
21. He called the police for help,        that the problem was more than he could deal with.
  A. to realize                        B. having been realized        C. realized                        D. realizing
22. The moon        to a large mirror which reflects the sun’s light to the earth.
  A. compares                B. can compare                C. can be compared                D. may compare
23. Science has made        possible for machines to take the place of human labour.
  A. this                                B. that                                C. its                                D. it
24.        it was finished in time.
  A. As the work was difficult                                B. Difficult as the work was
C. Difficult as was the work                                D. As was the work difficult
25. Train services are now back to        after last week’s strike.
  A. ordinary                        B. usual                                C. normal                                D. natural
26. Her parents objected to        that farmer, though he has a lot of money.
  A. her marrying                B. marrying                        C. marry                                D. her marrying with
27. You can not see the doctor        you have made an appointment with him.
  A. except                        B. unless                                C. even                                D. however
28. You can take as many as you like because they are free of         .
  A. fare                                B. charge                                C. money                                D. pay
29. Only when you have acquired a good knowledge of grammar        write correctly.
  A. can you                        B. will you                        C. you can                        D. can’t you
30. Before anyone could take a photo of the strange-looking bird, it       away.
  A. has flown                B. flew                                C. was flying                        D. would fly

阅读理解
A medial student had to read a text-book which was far too expensive for him to buy. He couldn’t get it from the library and the only copy he could find was in a bookshop. Every afternoon, therefore, he would go alone to the shop and read a little of the book at a time. One day, however, he was much surprised to find the book missing from its usual place and was about to leave when he noticed the owner of the shop nodding to him. Expecting to be told off, he went towards him. To his great surprise, the owner pointed to the book, which was lying in a corner. “I put it there in case anyone was tempted to buy it”, he said, and left the delighted student to continue his reading.
1. The medical student       to buy the text-book.
  A. was rich enough                    B. did not have enough money
  C. was too poor not                    D. was poor enough
2. The student often went to the       .
  A. shop to buy the text-book             B. shop to read the text-book
  C. library to read the text-book           D. shop to read all the text-books
3. Which of the following is true?
  A. One day, the owner didn’t see the student.
  B. One day, the text-book was stolen by someone.
  C. One day, the student bought the text-book.
  D. One day , the student found the text-book wasn’t there.
4. The text-book the student was interested in was put in a corner       .
  A. to prevent anyone from buying it
  B. because the medical student might take it away
  C. in case the student was tempted to buy it
  D. because it was a rare and expensive book
5. The medical student was surprised because       .
A.         he saw the owner nodding to him
  B. the book wasn’t in its usual place
  C. he had expected the owner to be angry with him
  D. he was about to be told off
Millions of words have been written about young people in the United States. There are reasons for this interest in the ideas, feelings and actions of youth. Today there are about seven million Americans in the colleges and universities. Young persons under twenty-five make up nearly half of the American population. Many of these will be in power in U.S. Naturally their ideas are important to everyone in the country, and it is necessary for older people to understand what they think and feel. College students today have strong opinions about right and wrong. They are deeply interested in making a better life for all people, especially for those who have not been given a fair chance before now. They see much that is wrong in the lives of their parents. It is hard for them to see what is right and good in the older ways. As a result, there is often trouble in American families.
1. Nearly half the population is made up of the young people          .
  A. less than 25      B. around 25        C. from 1 to 25      D. more than 25
2. What the young people think and feel are important to all the American people because          .
A.        they are mostly correct
B.        many of them will run the country as leaders
C.        they have new ideas and opinions
D.        they are pioneers of the modern force
3. The thoughts and feelings of the young people should be understood by          .
  A. everyone in the country                 B. the older people
  C. college students only                   D. most of the Americans
4. The students at college pay special attention to people          .
A.        who keep their lives in older ways
B.        who enjoy a tearful life
C.        who are treated not in a just way
D.        who have strong opinions about the society
5. Which of the following statements is true?
A.        We have talked much about the young American people.
B.        The young people in American interest millions of people.
C.        Young American people are making a better life for themselves.
D.        People have written many books and articles about the youth in America.
An old woman went suddenly blind. She promised a doctor a lot of money if he could made her see again. “If you fail,” she said, “you will get nothing.” The doctor agreed.
The doctor soon discovered what was wrong with her, but he decided not to cure her right away. Instead , each time he visited, he secretly took some of her things. When he has taken everything he wanted he cured her blindness and set her a large bill.
Now when the old woman could see again she noticed that all her things had gone and she refused to pay the bill. So the doctor took her before a judge.
“What the doctor says is true,” she said to the judge. “but I say I am not cured, because I still cannot see any of the things in my house.”
The old woman won her case and the doctor went away unhappily without getting his pay.
1. The doctor        .
A.        was not able to cure the old woman
B.        cured the old woman immediately
C.        took quite some time to cure the old woman
D.        refused to cure the old woman
2. From the story we may conclude that the old woman lived             .
  A. with her children                 B. with a servant
  C. next door to the judge             D. alone
3. The old woman refused to pay the bill because         .
A.        she didn’t want to keep her promise
B.        she knew the doctor had taken everything in her house
C.        she didn’t know who had taken things in her house
D.        there was still something wrong with her eyes
4. Before the judge the old woman said she was not cured. From the passage we know         .
A.        the doctor didn’t cure her
B.        what she said was not true
C.        she really couldn’t see
D.        this was because doctor asked too much money
5. At last          .
A.        the old woman forgot her promise
B.        the doctor didn’t get his pay
C.        the doctor gave up the things he had taken
D.        the doctor had to ask for less money
A doctor was once teaching a class of medical students at a famous hospital in Edinburgh. An injured man was brought in, and he turned to one of the students and asked him: “What’s wrong with this man?”
“I don’t know, sir,” the student answered, “Shall I examine him and find out?” “There is no need to examine him.” said the doctor. “You should know without asking a question. He hurt it by burning it in the fire. You see that his trousers leg is burned away at the knee. This is Monday morning. Yesterday was fine, but on Saturday the roads were wet and muddy. The man’s trousers are muddy all over. The man fell down on Saturday night.”
The doctor then turned to the man and said, “You had your pay on Saturday and went to a public house and drank too much. You got wet and muddy on the way home. You tried to dry your clothes by the fire when you got home. Because you had drunk too much, you fell on the fire and hurt your knee. Is that right?”
“Yes, sir”, said the man.
1. Where did the story happen?
  A. In a school.       B. In a classroom.   C. In a public house.    D. In a hospital.
2. What was the doctor doing?
A.        He was examining an injured man.
B.        He was talking to his patients.
C.        He was giving a lesson to some students.
D.        He was operating on a wounded man.
3. Just at that time          .
A.        a patient walked into the clinic, supported by someone
B.        the doctor was needed because someone got injured
C.        some medical students asked the doctor such a strange question
D.        a patient was brought in
4. What did the doctor ask one of his students to do?
A.        To examine the patient.
B.        To question the patient.
C.        To take the patient’s temperature.
D.        To tell him what was the matter with the injured man.
5. Actually the doctor was teaching his students        .
A.        how to treat an injured man
B.        how to operate on an injured man
C.        how to get to know a case through careful observation
D.        how to examine a man who has drunk too much
Mr. Richards has worked in a small seaside town for about ten years and he and his wife have a comfortable house near the sea.
During the winter they would be quite happy, but every summer a lot of their relatives used to holiday, and it was much cheaper than staying in a hotel.  Finally one day in June Mr. Richards complained to a clever friend of his who lived in the same place. “One of my wife’s cousins is going to bring her husband and children and spend ten days with us next month again. How have you prevented all your relatives from coming to live with you in the summer?” “Oh,” the friend answered, “That is not difficult, I just borrow money from all the rich ones, and lend it to all the poor ones. After that, they seldom come again.” Hearing this Mr. Richards smiled.
1. The relatives preferred to stay in Mr. Richards’ house because           .
A.        is was near the sea
B.        they might spend less money
C.        they were more welcome
D.        it was a comfortable place
2. The cousin           that small seaside town before.
  A. had worked in              B. had not visited
  C. had been to                D. had never been
3. According to his friend’s opinion, the poor relatives would stop going there so often because      .
A.        they were shy to borrow money again
B.        they were afraid to be asked to pay off the debts
C.        they had been ill-treated
D.        it wasn’t happy for the poor to meet the rich
4. The best title for this passage is         .
  A. Such a Clever Friend              B. Mr. Richards and his Friend
  C. Money is Important               D. Such Good Usage of Money
5. After reading the passage we can infer         .
A.        Mr. Richards still complains about the coming of his relatives in summer
B.        The friend of Mr. Richards’ hadn’t as many relatives as Mrs. Richards
C.        Gradually Mr. Richards succeeded in keeping his relatives out in summer
D.        None of Richards’ relatives came to the seaside town for their holidays
In the past, when people had problems, they went to their families or friends to get advice. Today, it is possible to get advice from radio shows, TV programs and telephone hot lines, too. A hot line is a telephone line that offers a direct way of getting in touch with advisers. Most hot lines are completely anonymous(匿名的) — callers do not have to say names or telephone numbers. Most hot lines are usually free, too.
Callers do not have to pay for the advice or the phone calls — even if the calls are long distance. At some hot lines, the advisers are volunteers. Other hot lines pay their advisers for their work. Usually the advisers are professionals with years of education and experience, but sometimes, the advisers have only taken a short class before starting to work on the hot line. All the advisers listen to people and help them settle their problems.
1. What do you know about a hot line?
A.        It’s a telephone line that is hot.
B.        It’s a telephone line through which people get advice.
C.        It’s a telephone line whose number no one knows.
D.        It’s a telephone line through which callers take a short class.
2. When people call the hot line advisers, they        .
A.        often give their names and telephone numbers
B.        generally have to pay for the long distance calls
C.        usually pay nothing for most of the calls and advice
D.        always try to get in touch with the volunteer advisers
3. The advisers working at the hot lines             .
A.        are not all paid
B.        are all volunteers
C.        are all educated and experienced
D.        have all been trained for a short time
4. How do the hot line advisers work?
A.        They do what callers tell them to do.
B.        They listen to the callers and take their advice.
C.        They give the callers advice.
D.        They go to the callers’ to help them.
5. The writer of the article seems to think that          .
A.        with hot lines people won’t get advice from their families or friends
B.        hot lines are of great help to callers
C.        people had better pay for the advice and phone calls
D.        the hot line advisers will settle all of the callers’ problems
William Henry Harrison, the president of the United States, was born in a small town. As a boy, he was quiet and shy. In fact, he was such a quiet boy that everyone thought he was stupid. The people of the town liked to play him tricks. For example, they often put a nickel and a dime before him and then they all laughed at him.
One day, a woman took pity on him. She asked, “Why do you never choose a dime and always choose a nickel instead? Do you know that a nickel is worth much less than a dime?”
“Of course, I know it,” William answered slowly. “But if I choose the dime, they won’t play the trick on me any more.”
1. The reason William always chose the nickel was that             .
  A. he was so stupid that he failed to see the difference of the value between nickel and dime
  B. he liked it very much
A.        both A and B
B.        he could get another nickel next time
2. In the passage “to play him tricks” means           .
A.        to laugh at and joke with him
B.        to call him up
C.        to play games with him
D.        to make him look stupid and thus give amusement to others
3. In the passage “a woman took pity on him” means         .
  A. a woman felt sorry for him         B. a woman interrupted him
  C. a woman came to help him        D. a woman couldn’t understand him
4. The writer of the passage wants to tell us          .
A.        William Henry Harrison was very clever indeed
B.        the woman was very fond of the stupid
C.        how they found the boy was stupid
D.        the people of town made it a rule to laugh at the boy whenever they saw him
5. From the story we can see         .
A.        clever people are either quiet or shy
B.        those who play tricks on the others are foolish
C.        some people are not what seems to be
D.        it is wrong to cheat a shy and quiet boy
Our eating habits are very important for good health and a strong body. There are times when most of us would have sweets and ice-cream rather than eat meat and rice. Sweets and ice-cream are not bad for the stomach if we eat at the end of a meal. If we have them at meals, they may take away our appetite (胃口). It is important for us to eat our meal at the same time each day. When we feel hungry, it is a sign that our body needs food. When we feel angry or excited, we may not want to eat. A long time ago, in England , some judges used to decide whether a man was telling the truth by giving him some dry bread. If the man could not swallow the bread it was a sign that he was not telling the truth. Although this seems very strange and rather foolish, it is indeed an excellent way of finding out the truth. A man who is worrying about something has difficulty in swallowing anything dry. Because he is worried, he loses his appetite and does not want to eat.
1. Why do we have to form good eating habits?
A.        Because we want to eat more.
B.        Because we enjoy our meal.
C.        Because we want to save time.
D.        Because we want to keep fit.
2. When do you think it is good to eat sweets and ice-cream according to the passage?
A.        When we are happy.
B.        When we have a good appetite.
C.        After a meal.
D.        Before a meal.
3. The word “swallow” means             .
A.        take into the stomach through the throat
B.        eat with difficulty
C.        break with the teeth before taking in
D.        drink like a fish
4. When does the writer think it would be better to have our meal?
A.        When our work is over.
B.        At the fixed time every day.
C.        When we feel happy.
D.        When every family member is home.
5. What could a man do if he told a lie according to some judges in old England?
A.        He could eat a lot of food.
B.        He could hardly need any food.
C.        He could swallow some dry bread easily.
D.        He could not swallow any dry bread.
In recent years, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past. New medicines and machines are being developed every day to extend life. However, some people, including some doctors, are not in favour of these life-extending measures, and they argue  that people should have the right to die when they want. They say that the quality of life is as important as life itself, and that people should not be forced to go on living when conditions of life have become unbearable (不可忍受的). They say that people should be allowed to die with dignity (尊严) and to decide when they want to die. Others argue that life under any conditions is better than death and that the duty of doctors is always to extend life as long as possible. And so the battle goes on and on without a definite (确切的) answer.
1. The best title of this passage is “         ”
  A. The Right to Live                    B. The Right to Die
  C. Doctor’s Duty                       D. Death of Life
2. People can now live longer than in the past. It is because of             .
A.        the development of medical technology
B.        big hospitals
C.        good medical workers
D.        both B and C
3. According to the writer’s opinion,           .
A.        death is better than life
B.        life is better than death
C.        neither death nor life is good
D.        none of the above
4. The expression “life-extending measures” in this passage means            .
A.        examinations of people’s health
B.        machines doing exercise
C.        ways to make people live longer
D.        the right of dying with dignity
5. Which of the following statements is true according to the passage?
A.        Most of the medical workers join in the argument.
B.        The argument has ended in favour of the doctors.
C.        The argument hasn’t ended yet.
D.        The quality of life is as important as life itself, so people should be allowed to die under any conditions.
Not very long ago, a special family system existed in certain parts of South India. In this system, the actual head of a family unit was the mother’s eldest brother, though the mother also had an important position in the family. In families of this kind, a husband was actually no more than a visitor. He did not live with his wife , but with his own mother, brothers and sisters in another house. He saw his sons and daughters sometimes, but the man who actually fed and cared for them and acted as their father was their uncle—their mother’s brother.
    But this system, in which brothers and sisters take the place of the father, no longer exists in South India except in a few villages. Economic changes have had far-reaching effect on family life, so family life began to change when men sent out to work in factories and offices instead of working with their mothers, brothers, and sisters on the land. When a man went out to work he had money of his own and could buy his own land and build his own family, instead of depending on his mother and his brothers. He wanted to be independent. This is an example of the way in which economic relations can have an effect on family relationships.      
1. The best title of this passage is           .
A.        Husband Actually Visitor in Family
B.        Family System in South India
C.        Wife Has Important Position in Family
D.        Economic Relations Affects Family Relationships
2. Who had the actual control of a family in South India not long ago?
A.        Mother.
B.        The mother’s eldest brother.
C.        The father.
D.        The father’s mother.
3. In this system, the husband lived together with his          .
  A. wife                            B. sons and daughters
  C. mother, brothers and sisters          D. wife’s brother
4. Now in South India there are        of this system in which a husband has no control of his family.
  A. no families                       B. many more families
  C. very few families                  D. not any families
5. What has caused such a strange family system to die away?
A.        The fact that the mother has not got any brother.
B.        The fact that the father has got his own house and land.
C.        The changes in economic relations.
D.        The changes in family relationships.
Animals traveling from one country to another have to follow laws, just as people do. They do not have passports, but they have to obey other rules. Most countries have laws about animals coming into their country. The laws were made to stop the spread of diseases that animals carry.
Some animals cannot go into a country unless their owners can prove that they have been vaccinated (接种疫苗) against certain diseases. Others must be studied carefully by animal doctors.
Sometimes animals must spend a month or more in a special place before they can enter a country. The animals are fenced in. There, they are kept away from other animals until it is certain that they do not have a disease. Only the people who care for the animals can go near.
There are many different laws in each country. Anyone who wants to take a pet to another country should check with the government first. Laws are made to protect both people and animals.
1. The story does not say so, but it makes you think that         .
A.        there are special doctors who treat only animals
B.        animals owners cannot take their pets on trips
C.        when an animal is ill, its owner must take it home
D.        animals that travel have to follow rules and laws
2. Animals are often vaccinated against         .
  A. some kinds of rules                   B. certain diseases
  C. their masters                        D. traveling animals
3. On the whole, this story is about          .
A.        ways to stop the spread of disease the animals carry
B.        birds and fish on their way to pet shops in a country
C.        cats and dogs going with their masters on trips
D.        laws about animals going into a country
4. Why are some animals kept in a special place before entering a country?
A.        Their masters are trying to sell them.
B.        They are waiting for passports.
C.        They are forbidden to enter the country.
D.        They must be checked for diseases.
5. Which of the following does the story lead you to believe?
A.  Animals are fenced in while they travel.
B.  People who care for animals carry diseases.
C.  Many people take their pets on trips.
D.  It’s troublesome to take pets on trips.
In Mount Berry, Georgia, people find a group of schools built specially for mountain children. The schools, as well as the mountain itself, are named after Martha Berry, herself a daughter of a Georgian mountaineer.
Martha Berry was born in 1866. Luckier than most Georgian mountain children, she received an education. But she never forgot other children of the mountains whose parents couldn’t afford to send them to school. In 1902 Martha Berry started a school for these children. It was housed in a single small log cabin and was attended by only five pupils. Now, eighty years later, there are a score of Berry schools in the area, with a total of over one thousand students and a waiting list of about five thousand.
Martha Berry in her later years received many medals and honors for what she had done for the poor mountain children of Georgia, and in 1931 she was named one of the twelve most important women in the United States. She never stopped working for the mountain children till her death in 1942.
1. The Berry Schools have a history of          .
A.        half a century
B.        over three quarters of a century
C.        about a quarter of a century
D.        a whole century
2. The first Berry School was founded         .
  A. to honor Martha Berry
  B. in memory of Martha Berry
  C. by the efforts of Martha Berry
  D. in Martha Berry’s own house
3. In Mount Berry there are now         .
  A. enough schools for all the local (本地的) children
B. still not enough schools for all the local children
C. more than enough schools for all the local children
D. school for local children as well as children from other parts
4. Martha Berry was named one of the twelve most important women in the U.S. because         .
A.        she had helped develop one of the most backward(落后的) areas
B.        she had never stopped working till death
C.        she had received many medals and honors
D.        she had helped set up some of the most advanced schools
5. This passage mainly tells us         .
A.        the history of the Berry Schools
B.        about a poor area in the United States
C.        Mount Berry’s development in education
D.        Martha Berry’s work and achievement
If you are like most people, your intelligence varies from season to season. You are probably a lot sharper in the spring than you are at any other time of the year. A noted scientist, Ellsworth Huntington (1876~1947), concluded from other men’s work and his own among people in different climates that climate and temperature have a definite effect on our mental abilities.
He found that cool weather is much more favorable for creative thinking than in summer heat. This does not mean that all people are less intelligent in the summer than they are during the rest of the year. It does mean, however, that the mental abilities of large numbers of people tend to be lowest in summer. Spring appears to be the best period of the year for thinking. One reason may be that in the spring man’s mental abilities are affected by the same factors that bring about great changes in all nature.
Fall is the next-best season, then winter. As for summer, it seems to be a good time to take a long vacation from thinking!
1. According to the passage, your intelligence probably          .
A.        stays the same throughout the year
B.        varies from day to day
C.        changes with the seasons
D.        changes from year to year.
2. Ellsworth Huntington decided that climate and temperature have        .
A.        a great effect on everyone’s intelligence
B.        some effect on most persons’ intelligence
C.        some effect on a few persons’ intelligence
D.        no effect on most persons’ intelligence
3. It seems that the cold winter         .
A.        increases the ability to think
B.        is the best time for thinking
C.        is better for thinking than in very warm weather
D.        is the worst time for thinking
4. One possible reason why spring is the best season for thinking is that          .
A.        all nature, including man, is growing then
B.        it lasts longer than the other seasons
C.        it is not too warm and not too cold
D.        both B and C
5. According to the passage, any vacations from thinking should be taken       .
A.        several times throughout the year
B.        during spring and fall
C.        during summer
D.        as seldom as possible
Ask three people to look out the same window at a busy street corner and tell you what they see. Chances are that you will receive three different answers. Each perceives something different about it.
Perceiving goes on in our minds. Of the three people who look out the window, one may say that he or she sees a police officer giving a motorist a ticket. Another may say that he or she sees a rush hour traffic jam. The third may tell you that he or she sees a woman trying to cross the street with four children. For perception(感知觉)is the mind’s interpretation of what the senses — in this case our eyes — tell us.
Many psychologists today are working to try to determine just how a person experiences or perceives the world around him. Using a scientific approach, these psychologists set up experiments in which they can control all of the factors. By measuring and charting (制图) the results of many experiments, they are trying to find out what makes different people perceive totally different things about the same scene.
1. Seeing and perceiving are           .
A.        the same action
B.        two separate actions
C.        two actions carried on entirely by the eyes
D.        several actions that take place at different times
2. Perceiving is an action that takes place          .
A.        in our eyes
B.        only when we think very hard about something
C.        only under the direction of a psychologist
D.        in every person’s mind
3. Perception involves what          .
  A. our senses tell us                   B. our minds interpret
  C. we see with our eyes only            D. both A and B
4. People perceive different things about the same scene because          .
A.        they see different things
B.        they cannot agree about things
C.        some have better eyesight
D.        none of these
5. The best title for this passage is          .
A.        How We See
B.        Learning about Our Minds through Science
C.        What Psychologists Perceive
D.        How to Become an Experimental Psychologist
My secret for staying young is simple. Put all attention to the part of you — your brain and keep it young and growing. Keep your mind awake and you’ll stay young all over. These are exciting times. Take an interest in the world around you, and stick to learning at least one new thing every day.  
No matter how old you are, it’s not too late to make your life more interesting. I know a housewife with no knowledge before who made herself into a well-known industrial engineer. I know a retired (退休的) electrical engineer who has become a highly-paid fashionable dress designer.
Get over the idea that you are too old to go back to school. I know a man who entered medical college at 70. He got his degree with honours and became a famous doctor. Another man went to law school at 71 and now an active lawyer.
Staying young is easy for those, old or young, who live in the future. You can do it if you care enough to try. Keep your mind awake and active: that’s the only elixir (灵丹妙药) .
1. According to the passage the brain to people of all ages, remains young and growing is        .
  A. impossible       B. a scientific fact     C. a secret      D. a wrong conclusion
2. It is wrong for the old          .
A.        to think oneself too old to go back to school
B.        to keep one’s mind awake
C.        to try to stay young
D.        to lead an active life
3. The passage says that the man who entered college at 70          .
A.        wanted to be a highly-paid man
B.        became tired to his life
C.        became famous for medical science
D.        was unthinkable
4. The only youth elixir is            .
A.        to go back to school
B.        not to consider one’s age
C.        to live in the future
D.        to keep one’s mind awake and live
5. The writer suggests that you should           learning at least one new thing every day.
  A. take care of          B. turn to           C. set out          D. keep on
A well-dressed man entered a famous jewelry shop. He explained that he wished to buy a pearl for his wife’s birthday. The price didn’t matter, since business had been very good for him that year. After examining a number of beautiful and expensive pearls, he chose a nice black one that cost $5 000. He paid for the pearls, in cash, shook hands with the jeweler, and left.
A few days later the man returned and said that his wife had liked the pearl so much that she wanted another one just like it. It had to be exactly the same size and quality, as she wanted a pair of earrings made. “Can you give me any advice on how to get such a pearl?” said the man. The jeweler regretfully replied, “I would say it’s nearly impossible to find an exact one like that pearl.”
The rich man insisted that the jeweler advertise in the newspapers, offering $ 25 000 for the matching pearl. Many people answered the advertisement but nobody had a pearl that was just right. Just when the jeweler had given up hope, a little old lady came into his store. To his surprise, she pulled the perfect pearl from her purse. “I don’t like to part with it,” she said sadly. “I inherited it from my mother, and my mother inherited it from hers. But I really need the money.”
The jeweler was quick to pay her before she changed her mind. Then he called the rich man’s hotel to tell him the good news. The man, however, was nowhere to be found.
1. The man said he wanted to buy a pearl for        .
  A. his wife                                            B. his mother-in-law
  C. his own mother                                D. no one
2. He paid $5 000 for the black pearl without bargaining because         .
A. he was very rich                                B. he wanted to make the jeweler believe him
C. he was anxious to get it                        D. his business had been successful
3. He told the jeweler to get him another pearl that must be         .
A. exactly the same size as the black one
B. exactly the same quality as the black one
C. worth no more than $25 000
D. exactly as big and nice as the black one
4. Many people answered the advertisement because they wanted         .
A. to see the perfect pearl                        B. to buy some beautiful pearls too
C. to get in touch with the rich man        D. to sell their own pearl at a high price
5. The jeweler couldn’t find the man anywhere because       .
  A. he died suddenly                                B. he happened to be out
  C. he got $20 000 by cheating and had run away with the money
  D. he wouldn’t show up until the jeweler called him a second time

完型填空
I’m not at all interested in traveling for pleasure, because I travel for a living. But my family always    1     to go away-to Europe, to America-we    2     went to Australia one year. My ideal holiday would be to do nothing at all!
I’d love to stay at home for four weeks-something I     3     do. I’d really    4     sleeping in my own bed, getting up when I wanted to. It would be wonderful to stay at the same time zone for a bit too-I’m always    5     and subtracting hours.
I’d spend my time    6     in the garden, maybe doing some decorating. I’d love to have more time with my children after school. Sometimes they only see me three times a week and then I’m usually ready to    7     a breakdown. I would like to    8     them out and have fun with them.
My ideal holiday probably sounds very    9     to some people.    10     for me it would be paradise.
1. A. refuse                                B. suggest                        C. want                                D. ask
2. A. even                                B. still                                C. yet                                D. ever
3. A. usually                                B. never                                C used to                                D. am used to
4. A. enjoy                                B. consider                        C. begin                                D. stop
5. A. increasing                        B. keeping                        C. counting                        D. adding
6. A. for working                        B. to work                        C. working                        D. work
7. A. welcome                                B. enjoy                                C. forget                                D. suffer
8. A. put                                        B. call                                C. take                                D. persuade
9. A. dull                                        B. interesting                        C. new                                D. easy
10. A. However                        B. Even                                C. But                                D. Except
One year Miss Wyatt decided to have a holiday in Italy. She did not speak    1     Italian, but wherever she went, she was fortunate enough to find people who knew    2     English to be able to    3     what she wanted, until one day she decided to have lunch in a charming little restaurant in a village    4     the south of Italy.
She had seen some nice mushrooms in the market of another village near there and thought they would taste very    5      , so when the waiter came to take her    6     for lunch, she inquired whether she could have some    7     for her meal, but she had great    8     in explaining to him, because    9     did not know the Italian word for mushrooms.
At last she took out a pencil and drew a picture of a mushroom. The waiter’s face    10     at once, and hastened out to the kitchen. A minute later he returned, carrying an umbrella.
1. A. much                        B. a great deal                        C. a lot                                D. a little
2. A. certain                        B. full                                C. enough                        D. special
3. A. give                                B. get                                C. show                                D. understand
4. A. in                                B. to                                        C. on                                D. outside
5. A. well                                B. nicely                                C. soon                                D. good
6. A. bill                                B. order                                C. dish                                D. check
7. A. meat                        B. dishes                                C. mushrooms                        D. apples
8. A. difficulty                        B. interest                        C. pleasure                        D. patience
9. A. she                                B. he                                C. they                                D. everybody
10. A. brightened                B. astonished                        C. burned                                D. worried
The benefits of exercise    1     be stored for long. They should be renewed each day. Astronauts who have spent long    2     of time in space know at first hand how weightlessness    3     to weaken man’s muscles. On earth when our muscles lift, push or pull, they work    4     the resistance of gravity to maintain the good condition and build    5     .    6     the removal in space of the resistance, they tend to    7     strength and endurance. That is    8     the legs of recently returned astronauts feel so trembling when they    9     take up the normal task of    10     the body’s weight again.
1. A. can                                B. cannot                                C. may                                D. might
2. A. hours                         B. years                                C. periods                        D. days
3. A. works                        B. makes                                C. starts                                D. begins
4. A. at                                B. upon                                C. on                                D. against
5. A. strength                        B. strong                                C. health                                D. healthy
6. A. Along                        B. With                                C. As                                D. Though
7. A. disappear                     B. increase                        C. lose                                D. add
8. A. where                        B. when                                C. how                                D. why
9. A. second                        B. first                                C. last                                D. finally
10. A. holding                        B. maintaining                        C. supporting                        D. keeping
Parents and teenagers often disagree about the amount of freedom and responsibility that young people are to have. The teenager often wants to be    1     choose his own friends, select his own courses in school, plan for his own vocational    2     , and earn and spend his own money and generally    3     his own life in a more independent fashion than many parents are able to    4     .
Most problems between teenagers and their parents yield best to joint planning and decision making. Within any particular family    5     are avoided and problems are solved when all of the persons take    6     in the situation,    7     in working it out.    8     parents and young people learn how to get    9     well with each other and develop skills in understanding and    10     understood, even the most difficult problems are relieved.

1. A. free                                B. likely                                C. able                                D. curious
2. A. school                        B. chance                                C. future                                D. result
3. A. aim                                B. live                                C. charge                                D. serve
4. A. supply                        B. afford                                C. award                                D. allow
5. A. disagreements                B. disadvantages                C. displays                        D. discussion
6. A. pride                        B. interest                        C. look                                D. care
7. A. believe                        B. focus                                C. keep                                D. share
8. A. Furthermore                B. Or                                C. Hence                                D. However
9. A. along                        B. through                        C. down                                D. up
10. A. if                                B. when                                C. being                                D. also
书面表达
(1)以My Favorite TV Program为题,写一篇100词的短文。
(2)以The Job I Like为题,写一篇100词的短文。
(3)以The Book I Like Best为题,写一篇100词的短文。
(4)以My Favorite Food为题,写一篇100词的短文。

久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 16:06 , Processed in 0.105803 second(s), 20 queries .