一、单选题（共 22 道试题，共 66 分。）V 1. Something that is （scarce）is:|
A. easily found
C. few in number
2. That kind of activity of the officials usually （led to）a long jail sentence.
A. brought forward
B. came upon
C. resulted in
D. involved in
3. What started as a small argument between two people ______ into a large fight with dozens of people getting hurt.
4. The garden was （enclosed）with a high wall to keep the stray animals off.
5. I keep coming up with boring ideas for decorating the apartment, but my roommate has several ______ thoughts about what we can do.
6. Because I have no car, I have to ______ on a neighbor for a ride to work.
7. The ______ of garbage rotting in the hot sun makes me sick to my stomach.
8. The new skyscraper downtown is a （tremendous）building. It’s
A. very large.
B. very new.
C. smaller than anyone expected.
9. If the smell of your dinner （attracts）your cats, the smell
A. makes them come near you.
B. makes them run away from you.
C. makes them sleepy.
10. The teachers ______ the classes at different times for lunch. The first-graders go out at 12 o’clock, the second-graders at 12:30, and so on.
11. If you （consider）something, you:
A. cover it up
B. think about it
C. want it
12. To （examine）means:
A. to leave
B. to use
C. to look at carefully
13. The farmer will be angry if you do not （fasten）all the gates.
14. Something that is （permanent）is:
15. Someone who has a （sample）of a new kind of ice cream
A. has a taste of the ice cream.
B. dislikes the ice cream.
C. has a big box of the ice cream.
16. Before graduation, he （entertained）his friends at a restaurant to reward them for their support or friendship.
17. The police will give you a ticket if you （exceed）the speed limit.
18. The Indian film nominated in Oscar （compresses）half a century into less than two hours.
19. Students of the Berry School pay for their education by doing part time labor （related to）particular course of study.
A. begun with
B. connected with
C. translated into
D. concentrated on
20. They were disappointed to find that the fireplace was the only thing that remained （intact）after the tornado.
21. The opposite of （solution）is:
22. Mike is said to （resemble）his father not only in the way he talk but also in his hobby and preference.
A. take after
C. run after
二、多选题（共 2 道试题，共 4 分。）V 1. I’m tired; let’s ______ a rest.
2. The United Kingdom ______ England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
A. is composed of
C. consists of
D. is made up of
三、判断题（共 6 道试题，共 30 分。）V 1. Because I missed the first fifteen minutes of the movie, I didn’t really (comprehend) the rest of the story.
2. My boss (fulfilled) my request for a day off, saying, “No, you’ve had too much time off already.”
3. Parties at the Schroeders’ house are rather (formal), with guests taking off their shoes, helping themselves to food out of the refrigerator, and generally acting at home.
4. 40. Have you ever really had to write a paper on the (theme) “How I Spent My Summer Vacation”?
5. Someday I’d like to replace my old-fashioned camera with a new (automatic) one that does everything by itself, even advancing the film.
6. It is more (economical) to buy a six-pack of sodas for $1.99 than to buy six single sodas at 50 cents each.