一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. Be careful while crossing the street. Don't forget () over by a bike the other day.A. to knock|
B. to be knocked
C. being knocked
D. to have knocked
2. Everything will be all right, Jane. () easy.A. Take
B. Let it
C. Take it
D. Keep it
3. The () of natural resources led to their rapid decrease.A. discovery
4. During the huge earthquake, the animals were () to the extreme that they refused to go back to the cage.A. happy
5. Speak to him slowly () he can understand you better.A. in order
B. so as
C. so that
6. I'd rather you () the book to me now.A. will return
B. should return
7. She wore a dress for that occasion in the prettiest fashion ().A. imaginable
8. The tricks played by the () on the stage have attracted Jim.A. magician
9. An () park is children’s favorite place.A. fun
10. I don’t think those curtains ()very well with the wallpaper.A. suit
11. Since his entry into the election, he and Larry became () as they stand for different teams.A. friends
12. The four-wheeler was lost to sight, the sound of the slow wheels ().A. died away
B. died off
C. dying away
D. dying off
13. The central () of Terry’s paper does not make sense to the experts.A. argument
14. It is urgent that we lend a () hand to people in the disaster.A. friendly
15. Not knowing what to reply () such a question, we kept silent.A. /
16. How did you while () your time during the holiday?A. away
17. The drawl is quite () of Tom’s voice.A. like
18. The criminal was released in () of his good behavior.A. case
19. The accident ()him of his sight and the use of his legs.A. excluded
20. What are you () if she asks you to stay?A. doing
B. to do
C. to be done
D. to be doing
二、多选题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. What makes consumers buy one brand instead of another?A. TV commercials
C. Newspaper advertisements
2. The traditional American food is rich in ().A. fiber
3. The festival the Celts held at the beginning of every winter is for the following except ().A. the goddess of gardens
C. the Lord of the Dead
D. the saints
4. “Our teeth aren’t white enough. Our hair isn’t shiny enough. Our clothes aren’t clean enough” implies ().A. We should wash our clothes with toothpaste and shampoo.
B. To improve ourselves, we should immediately buy the products in the commercials.
C. We should go to a psychologist to talk A
D. Bout our problems.
E. We are imperfect, with several defects which can be im
5. The change with North American diet is ().A. more water
B. fewer eggs
C. more chicken and fish
D. less red meat
6. Which of the following has not explained the word vegetarian?A. Someone who eats fruits and grains and nuts but no meat or fish.
B. Someone who eats only vegetA
D. Someone who is on a diet.
E. Someone who grows vegetA
7. The channels that can connect you with other user and players are ().A. blogs
D. Ble games
E. internet browsing
8. Which of the following do you think is the typical North American food?A. hamburgers
B. hot dogs
E. Bbage soup
9. The inhA##Bitants in the three places famous for longevity have similarities, including ()A. Food without chemicals.
B. They live on agriculture
C. They live far away from the cities.
D. They drink large amounts of alcohol.
10. Which of the following ways can help us to achieve the balance of nutrition ().A. do physical exercise
B. have a limited amount of high-fat food.
C. have a limited quantity of food.
D. eat no meat.
三、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. Fear of being unpopular and having no friends can push customers to buy certain products.A. 错误
2. The “Psychology of Selling” is important to business.A. 错误
3. The clear water and comfortA##Ble climate in the mountains is an important reason for longevity.A. 错误
4. The “information” told in advertisements is actually very often misinformation.A. 错误
5. In the Caucasus Mountains, when a man died at the age of 168, his wife was 120 years old.A. 错误
6. The custom of trick-or-treating in costumes comes from the days of the Celts.A. 错误
7. Christmas is always observed on December 24th.A. 错误
8. The typical North American diet mainly consists of fast food which are low in substances that can cause health problems.A. 错误
9. Restaurants menus are different in today’s North America and salad bars are quite popular.A. 错误
10. Online dating has resulted in many successful couples.A. 错误