奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1888|回复: 0

东大11春学期《大学英语(一)》考前复习题

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-7 08:48:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
大学英语(一)复习
Part I  Vocabulary and Structure
此部分共有20个未完成的句子,针对每个句子中未完成的部分有4个选项,请从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。示例[A][B][C][D]
1. She's __________ some brilliant scheme to double her income.

A. come up with
B. gone over for
C. come out for
D. gone on with

2. You've got to __________ in yourself, or you'll never succeed.

A. assure
B. confirm
C. believe
D. imagine

3. Mike's behavior was __________ the interest of the neighbors.

A. arising
B. raising
C. rising
D. arousing

4. It took him ten years to __________ his publishing businesses.

A. build up
B. pile up
C. make up
D. pick up

5. Our aim is to __________ this government of corruption.

A. prevent
B. rid
C. destroy
D. damage

6. He learned how to use sign language to ________ with deaf customers.

A. connect
B. contact
C. communicate
D. relate

7. I am __________ with being criticized by people who know nothing about my work.

A. tired out
B. worn out
C. fed up
D. filled out

8. I told them I was perfectly ________ to help if they asked.

A. kind
B. interested
C. willing
D. favorable

9. They are very __________ to the dangers of operating a nuclear power station.

A. attentive
B. aware
C. careful
D. alert

10. The windows are open and all the papers that she'd left on her desk were __________ about the room.

A. located
B. scattered
C. discarded
D. replaced

11. I've lost a file ________ a lot of important documents.

A. admitting
B. containing
C. obtaining
D. consisting

12. There are a lot of school children in the long line outside, ________ to get tickets for the show.

A. hurried
B. excited
C. eager
D. worried

13. Gas-fired power stations will ________ for less efficient coal-fired equipment.

A. substitute
B. represent
C. take place
D. fill up

14. The children are ________ in a great deal of outdoor activities.

A. occupied
B. entered
C. dealt
D. engaged

15. My patience is beginning to ________.

A. run out
B. run away
C. run on
D. run down

16. She would be very good for the job, but the same is _______ of several other candidates.

A. real
B. true
C. good
D. probable

17. We'll never finish this meeting if people don't ________ to the point.

A. approach
B. insist
C. reach
D. stick

18. The role of scientists is to ________ and describe the world, but not to try to control it.

A. observe
B. discover
C. notice
D. find out

19. I can't see you, my day is completely ________ with meeting.

A. filled in
B. filled out
C. taken up
D. taken on

20. Who'll ________ for the children when Sarah's in the hospital?

A. take
B. care
C. look
D. watch

Part II  Reading Comprehension
此部分共有4篇短文,每篇短文后有5个问题。请从每个问题后的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。示例[A][B][C][D]

Passage One
Eating in space is different from eating on earth. The food that astronauts carry with them does not look like the food you eat. Some food is carried in closed bags. It is cooked and frozen before the astronauts get it. All the water is removed from the food. In the spaceship the astronaut puts the water back. He “shoots” hot or cold water into the food bag with a special gun. He eats the food through a small hole in the bag.
   Other foods come in bite sizes. The astronaut puts a whole piece in his mouth at once. There can be no crumbs. Crumbs would float around the spaceship and get in the way. Meat and cake often come in bite-sized pieces. Astronauts can’t drink water from open cups. The water would float in drops in the air. The water is put in the special gun. The astronaut shoots the water into his mouth. Eating in space is not easy. Astronauts must learn to eat this way.
21. Some space foods are carried in _______.
A. water guns B. lunch boxes C. closed bags D. crumbs

22. The story does not say this, but from what we have read, we can tell that ______.
A. you get much hungrier in space than you do
B. you can’t have water to drink in a spaceship
C. astronauts must learn many new and different things
D. you can’t eat anything in a spaceship

23. Why can’t astronauts drink water from cups?
A. The water would come out and float in the air.
B. The water would spill all over their food.
C. Water drops would float in the cups.
D. The cups would float in the air.

24. The main idea of the whole story is that _______.
A. there is more food and water in space than on earth
B. eating and drinking in space is a special problem
C. astronauts can never eat or drink in a spaceship
D. there is no food or water in a spaceship

25. Which of the following does the story lead you to believe?
A. Food for astronauts must be made in a special way.
B. All meat on earth comes in bite-sized pieces.
C. Astronauts will only eat cakes made from crumbs.
D. Astronauts have to go hungry in a spaceship.

Passage Two
The energy which the sun radiates goes in every direction, and only a minute part of it falls on the earth. Even so, it represents power of about 5,000,000 horsepower (马力) per square mile per day; the sun gives us as much energy every minute as mankind utilizes in a year. At present, we use this energy indirectly, and it is our final source of power. Coal represents the chemical action of the sun on green plants thousands of years ago. Water power results from the rain formed by vapor which comes from the evaporation of water under the sunshine. Even windmills operate because of air currents set in motion by the different heating affects of the sun in different places. Some day, through chemistry or some type of solar engine, we shall harness this great source of energy more directly. Already a scientist has worked out an engine, surprisingly efficient, in which the sun’s rays are concentrated through mirrors on a tube of water to create steam.
26. How much energy given off by the sun reaches the earth?
A. 100% but indirectly.          C. 5%.
B. 50%.                      D. only a very tiny amount.

27. The reason why all the solar energy falling on the earth can’t be utilized is that ______.
A. only a very small part is available
B. the sun is too distant from the earth
C. it takes thousands of years for this energy to be stored up in coal and oil
D. our scientific knowledge is not sufficient

28. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Even windmill’s action depends on the sun.
B. The sun produces enormous energy for man to make use of.
C. Some day man will be able to utilize 100% of the solar energy that gets to the earth.
D. The sun produces different heating effects in different places.

29. In order to support this argument, the writer gives the example that _______.
A. a machine using solar energy efficiently has already been developed
B. the sun is our final source of power
C. man uses only a tiny part of the sun’s energy
D. the part of the sun’s energy we use is used indirectly

30. This passage centers mainly on ________.
A. harnessing energy through chemistry
B. our last source of power
C. how water power is produced
D. the amount of solar energy that can be utilized

Passage Three
   One hot night last July, when our new baby wouldn't or couldn't sleep, I tried everything I could think of: a warm bottle, songs, gentle rocking. Nothing would settle him. Guessing that I had s long night ahead of me, I brought a portable TV into his room, figuring that watching the late movie was as good a way as any to kill off the hours until dawn. To my surprise, as soon as the TV lit up, the baby quieted right down, his little eyes focused brightly on the tube. Not to waste an opportunity for sleep, I then walked softly out of the room, leaving him to watch the actors celebrate John Bellushi's forth-fifth birthday.
   My wife and I heard no more of the baby that night, and the next morning when I went into his room, I found him still watching TV himself.
I found in my baby's behavior a metaphor(暗喻)for the new generation. My wife and I had given him some books to examine, but he merely spit(吐唾沫)upon them. When we read to him, he did not feel comfortable. And so it is in the schools. We find that our students don't read, that they look down upon reading and scold those of us who teach it. All they want to do is watch TV. After this experiment with the baby, I have reached a conclusion: "Let them watch it!" If television is that much more attractive to children than books, why should we fight it? Let them watch all they want!
31. Why did the author bring a TV set into his son's room?
A. To make his son stop crying
B. To spend the night by watching TV programs.
C. To leave it to his son.
D. To make his son go to sleep as soon as possible.

32. The baby's reaction to the TV program was ________.

A. unexpected
B. awful
C. exciting
D. calm

33. From the passage we know that author is ________.

A. a doctor
B. a writer
C. an editor
D. a teacher

34. According to the passage, which is true of the school children?
A. They prefer reading to watching TV.
B. They like watching TV only after school.
C. They would rather watch TV than read books.
D. They like their teachers who teach them reading.

35. What do you think is the author's attitude towards TV expressed in the last two sentences?

A. Favorable.                              
B. Serious.
C. Not favorable.
D. Not serious.

Passage Four
   Sports and games make our bodies strong, prevent us from getting too fat, and keep us healthy. But these are not their only use. They give us valuable practice in making eyes, brain and muscles work together. In tennis, our eyes see the ball coming, judge its speed and direction and pass this information on to the brain. The brain then has to decide what to do, and to send its orders to the muscles of the arms, legs, and so on, so that the ball is met and hit back where it ought to go. All this must happen with very great speed, and only those who have had a lot of practice at tennis can carry out this complicated chain of events successfully. For those who work with their brains most of the day, the practice of such skills is especially useful.
   Sports and games are also very useful for character training. In their lessons at school, boys and girls may learn about such virtues as unselfishness, courage, discipline and love of one's country; but what is learned in books cannot have the same deep effect on a child's character as what is learned by experience. The ordinary day-school cannot give much practical training in living, because most of the pupil's time is spent in classes, studying lessons. So it is what the pupils do in their spare time that really prepares them to take their place in society as citizens when they grow up. If each of them learns to work for his society as citizens when they grow up, and each of them learns to work for his team and not for himself on the football field, he will later find it natural to work for the good of his country instead of only for his own benefit.
36. When we play tennis we have to _________.
A. use, first, our eyes, then the brain and finally the muscles
B. make our eyes, brain and muscles work almost at the same time
C. use mainly the arms and legs to hit
D. use mainly the muscles so that the ball is met and hit back

37. The "complicated chain of events" refers to _________.
A. the passing of information and making of decisions
B. the meeting and hitting back of the ball
C. the coordinated (协调的) movements of our eyes, brain and muscles
D. a lot of practice before playing tennis

38. By character-training, the author means that sports and games can help children _________.
A. live a better life when they grow up  
B. know better how to behave properly in their future life
C. understand better the virtues they learn in books
D. All of the above

39. According to the author, a child's character can be most deeply influenced by _______
A. what he does out of class
B. what he learns in books
C. his place in society
D. his lessons at school
40. What is of the greatest importance to a football team ?  
A. its members
B. its team work
C. the football field
D. the climate

Part III  Cloze
以下短文中包含10个未完成的句子,针对每个句子空缺部分有4个选项,请从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。示例[A][B][C][D]
The death of a child, _41_ one’s own child, is something the mind can hardly comprehend. It seems to go _42_ nature. The end of a life that is still forming _43_ has just begun is an almost unthinkable cruelty.
But it happens. Parents sometimes must witness the illness and death of the children _44_ whom they gave birth. And _45_ will ever fill the empty place that the dead child leaves behind. Parents _46_ to die before their children, which is the natural order of life events. When the situation is reversed and a child dies _47_ the parents it seems wrong.
Yet we never know why one person dies and another lives. But we do know _48_ a child is gone, the parents still have a future, as grey and worthless as it may at first seem. Death may take the child, but the love never _49_.
The sorrow after a child’s death is one of the longest and hardest _50_ to live with. And it takes long to deal with the parents’ own emotions.
41.A. especially B. special C. especial D. most
42.A. with B. against C. beyond D. above
43.A. and B. or C. but D. so
44.A. at B. with C. to D. for
45.A. everything B. other thing C. something D. nothing
46.A. think B. expect C. like D. surely
47.A. before B. after C. in front of D. as
48.A. as if B. as though C. even if D. that
49.A. gives up B. goes away C. goes back D. goes through
50.A. loss B. losses C. losing D. lost

Part IV  Fill in the blanks with the words given below. Change the form where necessary.
此部分共有10个句子,每个句子中都有一处空白。请从10个备选词中选择一个最佳选项,做适当的词型变化后填入空白处。
apply             avoid             behavior         bore            highly
 ignore          negative         culture             secure            tend

51. The sort of music he listens to varies, but _______toward popular music. (tends)
52. Language is the medium of_______, and when we learn a foreign language, we are exposed to a culture quite different from ours. (culture)
53. Scientific discoveries are often _________to industrial process. (applied)
54. I hope you are not getting _________listening to me. (bored)
55. Can you___________ me two good seats for the concert? (secure)
56. This is a ___________amusing film. You'll regret if you miss it. (highly)
57. He gave a __________answer to my request. I felt quite confused and disappointed. (negative)
58. She was annoyed by the young man's impolite________. (behavior)
59. Ever since that unhappy incident, I have tried to________ any further conflict with him. (avoid)
60. The driver __________the traffic light, and as a result, he ran into another car. (ignored)

Part V  Translate the following sentences into Chinese.
请在20分钟内把下列5句英文翻译成中文,请把资料写在答题纸上。
61. The more practice you do, the better your English will become.
62. As is known to all, China is rich in natural resources.
63. If the students work hard, surely they will realize their dreams.
64. The professor suggests that everyone take part in the discussion.
65. Friendship is one of the greatest pleasures that people can enjoy.

Part VI  Writing
    要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给的题目和中文提纲用英语写出一封不少于80词的短信。
An Invitation to New Year’s Party
1. 问候对方并了解其近况。
2. 说明新年晚会的安排。
3. 邀请对方参加。

久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:09 , Processed in 0.102928 second(s), 19 queries .