一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. The living conditions there were hard; they had so much ().|
A. to put up
B. for putting up
C. for putting up with
D. to put up with
2. There are several () of movies, such as thrillers, romance, action movies and so on.
3. They fulfilled the task in () it took us.
A. two-thirds time
B. two-thirds times
C. two-thirds the time
D. the two-thirds time
4. The school is strongly against () between boys and girls.
5. The advertisement of Adidas is “Nothing is ().”
6. Smoking is () in this area, as it is near the gas station.
7. In our company, the interests of the board members are closely () with those of the employees.
8. You can find his office number in a telephone ().
9. He worked hard on the construction site with a view () some experience.
A. to gain
B. to gaining
C. for gaining
D. to be gaining
10. They are () the causes of the accident.
11. Nancy is always keen () sports channels.
12. In the consumer society, brand () is important to the survival of business.
13. A multifaceted manager should not only understand the world of business, but also be () to the employees' needs and feelings.
14. He told me that it was in the museum () he had visited twice that he learned a lot.
15. Our world is dynamic, changing every day, not().
16. People should break away from the stereotype that women like (), spread around rumors.
17. I was impressed by his highly developed () of humor.
18. His suggestion was approved by a(n) () majority in the company.
19. The leader insisted ()the accompany of the bodyguards.
20. Larry cannot find anyone to () his words before the judges.
二、多选题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. Hero Friends ().
A. are better than the rest of us
B. are role models to us
C. are sick
D. are disgusting
2. In which situations computers do not perform better than the human mind?
A. performing an operation
B. docking a big ship
C. playing backgammon
D. doing the work of a postal clerk
3. Which is not the difference between a computer and a human being?
A. no computer can deal with unexpected situations
B. computers can find the answers to problems by itself
C. a human pilot may go wrong, but a computer won’t
D. a computer can play chess better than a human being
4. Which is not mentioned as the author’s feeling about the work of the volunteers?
A. unimportant to the success of the Olympics
B. unnecessary to the success of the Olympics
C. irrelevant to the success of the Olympics
D. invaluable to the success of the Olympics
5. Why people say computers can never have “minds of their own”?
A. They do not have a brain.
B. They do things as they are told
C. They operate according to the programs created by human beings.
D. They do not have freewill or thinking.
6. What does the author do as a supervisor?
A. She managed 800 journalists’ desks and the telephones
B. She took care of the banks of televisions.
C. She just gave out orders.
D. She was in charge of other volunteers, many of whom were media students.
7. What is true about prenups?
A. They lay bare all one’s finances.
B. It can sometimes save a couple from a terrible marriage.
C. It sheds light on issues which could later widen and result in divorce.
D. It is often signed on free will.
8. Under what conditions is it possible to clone the dead?
A. The body is fresh.
B. The nucleus must be intact.
C. There is still breath.
D. The skin color has not changed.
9. What is the old situation in Chinese communities?
A. Unmarried men and women enjoyed advantages in many ways.
B. Women were in a more difficult position than men.
C. Men often led an unpleasant or uncomfortable life as they did have a wife to do the house chores for them.
D. Men and women were equal in marriage c
10. According to the passage, her pride in being a volunteer in the Olympics does not increased all the more when she was ().
A. wearing the colorful volunteer uniform and greeting the others in the street
B. learning more about staging a major multi-sport event
C. understanding better a whole range of issues related to the Games
D. joining the ranks of those working in the front line
三、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. In every field, computers can never beat people.
2. When you ignore your buddies’ good counsel, they can’t understand you and will have a quarrel with you.
3. Heroism requires daily maintenance according to Paul.
4. Now people seem to be more eager to rush into marriage than go out of it.
5. Friends you love to hate love to death and you are convinced that they are your best friends.
6. It is impossible to clone the dead.
7. The confusion over vocabulary on how to refer to the DNA donor has been cleared.
8. Twins separated at birth do sometimes share personality characteristics.
9. It is impossible for the computers to perform every task as well as people do now.
10. Some experts are worried about the creation of a new social class: “the clones”