一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Not until the game had begun ________ at the sports ground.|
A. had he arrived
B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive
D. should he have arrived
2. I’d ________ his reputation with other farmers and business people in the community, and then make a decision about whether or not to approve a loan.
A. take into account
B. account for
C. make up for
D. make out
3. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders ________ will happen to her private life.
4. He is ________ about his chances of winning a gold medal in the Olympics next year.
5. I don’t mind ________ the decision as long as it is not too late.
A. you to delay making
B. your delaying making
C. your delaying to make
D. you delay to make
6. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is ________.
7. In a sudden ________ of anger, the man tore up everything within reach.
8. These books, which you can get at any bookshop, will give you ________ you need.
A. all the information
B. all the informations
C. all of information
D. all of the information
9. The suggestion that the major ________ the prizes was accepted by everyone.
A. would present
D. ought to present
10. I have no objection ________ your story again.
A. to hear
B. to hearing
C. to having heard
D. to have heard
11. Everybody ________ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
12. It is essential that these application forms ________ back as early as possible.
A. must be sent
B. will be sent
C. are sent
D. be sent
13. Although many people view conflict as bad, conflict is sometimes useful ________ it forces people to test the relative merits of their attitudes and behaviors.
A. by which
B. to which
C. in that
D. so that
14. As we can no longer wait for the delivery of our order, we have to ________ it.
15. You will see this product ________ wherever you go.
A. to be advertised
16. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, ________ overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.
17. Young people are not ________ to stand and look at works of art; they want art they can participate in.
18. I think I was at school, ________ I was staying with a friends during the vacation when I heard the news.
A. or else
B. and then
C. or so
D. even so
19. By law, when one makes a large purchase, he should have ________ opportunity to change his mind.
20. The professor could hardly find sufficient grounds ________ his arguments in favour of the new theory.
A. to be based on
B. to base on
C. which to base on
D. on which to base
21. These surveys indicate that many crimes go ________ by the police, mainly because not all victims report them.
B. to be unrecorded
D. to have been unrecorded
22. She cooked the meat for a long time so as to make it ________ enough to eat.
23. In Britain people ________ four million tons of potatoes every year.
24. It is our ________ policy that we will achieve unity through peaceful means.
25. Wouldn’t you rather your child ________ to bed early?
C. would go
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册