一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Many more eighteenth-century novels were written by women than by men, but this dominance has until very recently, been regarded merely as ___ fact, a bit of arcane knowledge noted only by bibliographers.|
A. a controversial
B. a statistical
C. an analytical
D. an explicit
2. She is aware that things do not go ____.
3. By law, when one makes a large purchase, he should have ______ opportunity to change his mind.
4. First, we need to find out what his scheme is, and then act _____.
5. Video games have ____a pervasive form of entertainment in the 1990s.
D. be coming
6. That is the day ____I'll never forget.
B. on which
C. in which
7. In order to look at sea life closely, people have ____some kinds of special equipment.
A. to work in
B. to work over
C. to work out
D. to work off
8. She’s always been kind to me –I can’t just turn ______on her now that she needs my help.
A. my back
B. my head
C. my eye
9. Slips of tongue are often humorous and could ___as jokes.
A. be passed
C. be passing
10. ______ came______ all the prisoners were set free.
A. Words, that
B. Word, if
C. Word, that
D. Words, what
11. The young man was deeply hurt because his proposal was rejected and, to a certain extent, ____at by the team members.
12. The news of the air crash is not yet ____by the government.
13. The problem becomes ____.
14. The police have ___ a plot to assassinate the President.
15. A child has already ____an offending act.
16. The letter had no positive effects because the authority held a very ____attitude on the labor contract issue.
17. The bar in the club is for the ______use of its members.
18. The leader presented to the committee a __ signed by 1000 electors asking for a through probe into the financial problem.
19. Physics is _____ to the science which was called natural philosophy in history.
20. We should hand down a cultural ____ to posterity.