一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. He was a foreigner, ___ I knew from his accent.|
2. She walked across the meeting room__ everyone looking at her.
3. Not even a word ___ concerning these important matters.
A. she mentioned
B. she mentions
C. she does mention
D. did she mention
4. This bias makes ___ possible to fool the public.
6. Last week we visited West Lake, ___ Hangzhou is famous in the world.
A. in which
B. about which
C. for which
8. The rocket seems very complex; ___, it is a relatively simple device.
9. The rocks are carefully crushed ___ the diamonds are not destroyed.
A. even if
B. so that
C. as if
D. no matter
10. Human beings are different from animals ___ they use language as a tool to communicate.
A. in which
B. in that
C. for that
D. for which
12. Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy___ her examination.
A. to prepare
B. to be prepared
D. being prepared
15. My family is having a hard time watching the film with your children ___ all over the theater.
16. This is the magazine ___ I copied the paragraph.
A. on which
B. from which
17. Do not use the lift ___ there should be a fire.
D. in case
18. Not only ___ us light, but also it gives us heat.
A. the sun gives
B. does the sun give
C. the sun does give
D. gives the sun
20. If a child reaches ___ with recollections only of television, then he has nothing to draw upon when growing up.