一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. After The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Twain gives a literary independence to Tom＇s buddy Huck in a book entitled ___|
A. Life on the Mississippi
B. The Gilded Age
C. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
D. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur＇s Court
2. With Howells, James, and Mark Twain active on the literary scene, ___became the major trend in American literature in the seventies and eighties of the 19th century.
3. which of the following is NOT written by Dreiser?
A. Jennie Gerhardt
B. Go down, Moses
C. An American Tragedy
D. Sister Carrie
4. Whitman＇s poems are characterized by all the following features EXCEPT ______ .
A. the strict poetic form
B. the free and natural rhythm
C. the easy flow of feelings
D. the simple and conversational language
5. In May 1945, Dreiser joined the ___
A. American republican
B. labor party
C. democratic party
D. communist party
6. ___is the first important governess novel in the English literary history.
A. Jane Eyre
C. Wuthering Heights
7. The Romantic writers would focus on all the following issues EXCEPT the in the American literary history.
A. individual feelings
B. idea of survival of the fittest
C. strong imagination
D. return to nature
8. The literary characters of the American type in early 19th century are generally characterized by all the following features EXCEPT that they
A. speak local dialects
B. are polite and elegant gentlemen
C. are simple and crude farmers
D. are noble savages(red and white) untainted by society
9. Of the following American poets in the twentieth century, the one who has the best knowledge of Chinese culture is _______.
A. Robert Frost
B. Allen Ginsberg
C. Ezra Pound
D. E. E. Cummings
10. You may have meet the term "Yahoo" on internet, but you may also have met it in English literature .It is found in _____
A. John Bunyan＇s Pilgrim＇s Progress
B. Samuel Johnson＇s The Vanity of Human Wishes
C. Jonathan Swift＇s Gulliver＇s Travels
D. Henry Fielding＇s tom Jones
11. When did William Faulkner win Nobel Price for Literature?
12. "If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" is an epigrammatic line by
A. J. Keats
B. W. Blake
C. W. Wordsworth
D. P. B. Shelley
13. Henry David Thoreau＇s work___, has always been regarded as a masterpiece of New England Transcendentalism.
B. The Pioneers
D. Song of Myself
14. "I have no monarch in my life." this was said by___
A. Walt Whitman
B. Robert Frost
C. John keats
D. Emily Dickinson
15. Which of the following is taken from John Keats＇Ode to a Nightingale?
A. "Beauty is truth, truth beauty."
B. "Earth has not anything to show more fair."
C. "They are both gone up to the church to pray."
D. "was it a vision, or a waking dream?"
16. Among the great Middle English poets, Geoffrey Chaucer is known for his production of
A. Piers Plowman
B. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
C. Confessio Amantis
D. The Canterbury Tales
17. The Hemingway Code heroes are best remembered for their
A. indestructible spirit
B. pessimistic view of life
C. war experiences
18. Emily Dickinson wrote many short poems on various aspects of life. Which of the following is NOT a usual subject of her poetic expression?
A. Religion and immortality
B. Life and death
C. Love and marriage
D. War and peace
19. When Robert Frost was 87, he read his poetry at the inauguration of President___
20. "This is my letter to the World" is a poetic expression of Emily Dickinson＇s___ about her communication with the outside world.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册