一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The unversity of Maryland ___ a campaign to stop one from of cheating.|
2. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true ___ it comes to classroom tests.
3. What good would guns have been to Jeremy and me?
4. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe ___ by the judge.
5. We don’t need air conditioning, ___.
A. nor can we afford it
B. and nor we can afford it
C. neither can afford it
D. and we can neither afford it
6. If you work hard, you’re ___ to succeed.
7. He was ___ into a life of crime by greed and laziness.
8. I’ll ___ my aunt at the station.
D. run into
9. There was once an ___ idea that the earth was flat and motionless.
10. These films are much better than the ___ we saw last week.
11. As you have seen, the value of nation’s currency is a ___ of its economy.
12. We can ___ a complex argument into its basic elements.
I left earlier this morning ___ traffic jam. (选择最恰当的译文)
A. in case of
for the sake of
C. at the risk of
D. in line with
14. It’s the kind of story we ___ as myth.
A. think of
B. think of it
C. think it of
15. Sometimes patients suffering from severe pain can be helped by“drugs” that aren’t really drugs at all, ___ sugar pills that contain no active chemical elements.
A. or rather
B. rather than
C. but rather
D. other than
16. At the bus stop ___ a soldier and two young men on their way to North Carolina.
C. sits and waits
17. ___ travels more slowly than light.
18. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, ___ something occurred attracted my attention.
19. If I had remembered ___ the window, the thief would not have got in.
A. to close
B. to have closed
D. having closde
20. A large part of human activity, particulaly in relation to the enviornment, is ___ conditions or events.
A. in response to
B. in favor of
C. in contrast to
D. in excess of
21. A man was ___ with suspicion of having murdered the mayor.
22. Knowig something as a whole is far from knowing all its ___.
23. He is going to the garden to ___.
A. watering the plant
B. have watered the plant
C. have the plant watered
D. water him the plant
24. The roots of all these events ___ history.
A. lie under
B. lie up
C. lie in
D. lie on
25. We ___ think seventy was a good age.
A. are used to
B. used to
C. use to
D. were used to
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册