1. He got his coffee, came back and _____ to listen.
A. settled on
B. settled down
C. settled in
D. settled of
2. I hear that Mrs. Lin has been _____ with the translation of a French novel these months.
3. Such principles _____ our religion.
A. alien to
B. are alien
C. are aliening to
D. are alien to
4. Tom assured his boss that he would _____ all his energies in doing this new job.
A. call forth
B. call at
C. call on
D. call off
5. _____ cables are needed in this project.
A. A number of
B. The number of
C. Number of
D. Numbers of
6. _____ Switzerland is very small, _____ it is the land of watch and it is very rich.
A. Though; /
B. Though; but
C. Because; so
D. Because; /
7. Mr. White, _____ car had been stolen, came to the policeman.
8. _____ Henry's mother _____ his father speaks English. They both speak Chinese.
A. Either; or
B. Neither; nor
C. Both; and
D. Not only; but also
9. We can't afford a car, _____ the fact that we have no garage.
A. not mention
B. not to mention
C. not mention to
D. to not mention
10. My father has a computer, but he doesn't know _____ to use it.
11. The money he spent _____ more than $ 1,000.
A. added up
B. added to
C. added up to
D. added to up
12. He lived in a small village, _____ was a long way from the railway station.
13. The letter is from my sister, _____ is working in Beijing.
14. Encourage children to _____ some of their pocket-money to buy Christmas presents.
A. put in
B. put aside
C. put on
D. put off
15. Lincoln promised to _____ slavery _____ the end.
A. fight for; to
B. fight against; of
C. fight for; of
D. fight against; to
16. — I can't decide _____. — You mean the purple sweater or the blue one?
A. how to go there
B. who to go with
C. where to visit
D. which to choose
17. The young actor who had been thought highly of _____ to be a great disappointment.
A. turned up
B. turned out
C. turned down
D. turned in
18. Owing to _____ competition among the airlines, travel expenses have been reduced.
19. We have planned an exciting publicity _____ with our advertisers.
20. She had to _____ the room after the children's party.
A. clean out
B. clean up
C. clean away
D. clean down
二、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）
1. Dress sizes range from petite (娇小的) to extra large.
2. The minister made an undignified retreat from his earlier position.
3. She's busy write letters.
4. Several of my friends came: Ben, Carol and Mike, for instant.
5. The police signaled the traffic to move forward slowly.
6. It was touch and go whether we should catch the train.
7. Estonia is switching of a market economy.
8. She fought back the tears.
9. When Joe gets mad, just let him alone.
10. He agreed for pay me for the drawings.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册