一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 80 分。）V 1. One cannot learn a foreign language well _______ he studies hard.
2. What a table! I've never seen such a thing before. It is _________ it is long.
A. half not as wide as
B. wide not as half as
C. not half as wide as
D. as wide as not half
3. We are disappointed to find that the quality of the products here _________ very poor.
A. to be
B. have been
4. This room ________ cool in summer and warm in winter. It's quite comfortable to live here.
B. is felt
D. is founded
5. My friend helped me ________ my cat when I was on vacation with my wife.
A. look for
B. look on
C. look after
D. look up
6. It is an ________ of kindness to help a blind man cross the street.
7. Mr. Jones ________ in the company for twenty years by the end of next month.
A. will work
B. will have worked
C. has worked
D. would work
8. The rain was _________ make our picnic impossible.
A. hard enough
B. hard so to
C. so hard as to
D. so hard to
9. He ________ a sum of money every month to help the two orphans.
A. sets aside
B. sets up
C. sets along
D. sets in
10. What do you think of the book? Are there any areas that you feel are not _________ adequately in the book?
11. There _______ nothing more for discussion, the meeting came to an end half an hour earlier.
A. to be
B. to have been
12. My uncle's house in the downtown area is much smaller than ours, but it is twice _________ expensive.
13. Many a child ________ to walk before he can speak.
D. have learned
14. As a primary school teacher, one should be ________ with children. This is the first standard for being a good teacher.
15. Parking restrictions in this area do not ________ to disabled people.
16. It was because of the heavy rain last night ________ I didn’t go home before 10 o’clock.
17. The reason I didn’t go to Canada was ________ a new job.
A. because I got
B. how I got
C. that I got
D. why I got
18. In international matches, prestige is so important that the only thing that matters is to avoid __________.
A. from being beaten
B. being beaten
D. to be beaten
19. She used to be terribly shy, but a year abroad has completely ________ her.
20. I wish you'd do _______ talking and some more work. Thus things will become better.
A. a bit less
B. any less
C. much more
D. a little more
1. He has never been engaged in anything like this before.
2. The headmistress led her team of teachers by example that she arrived early at school every morning of the school day.
3. While I like the color of the hat, I do not like its shape.
4. The trophy was bestowed upon the winner.
5. It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
6. Loving throughout the Western world, ballet is a theatrical art that tells a story through dance accompanied by music.
7. Joan bursted into tears when she heard the bad news.
8. While playing football yesterday, he was knocked down heavily and had his arm broke.
9. Despite others say that, I think he's a very nice guy.
10. I don't know how his parents put up his behaviors.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册