一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Such crimes may be so complex that months or years go by before anyone () them.|
B. will discover
C. would have discovered
2. This research has attracted wide coverage in the () and has featured on BBC television’s Tomorrow’s World.
3. It is important to () between the rules of grammar and the conventions of written language.
4. While crossing the mountain area, all the men carried guns lest they () by wild animals.
A. should be attacked
B. had been attacked
C. must be attacked
D. would be attacked
5. The doctor had almost lost hope at one point, but the patient finally ().
A. pulled out
B. pulled through
C. pulled up
D. pulled over
6. Residents were cutting their lawns, washing their cars and otherwise () a pleasant, sunny day.
A. idling away
B. taking away
C. chasing away
D. driving away
7. He said that the driver must have had an accident; otherwise he () by then.
A. would have arrived
B. must have arrived
C. should arrive
D. would arrive
8. Our manager is () an important customer now and he will be back this afternoon.
A. calling on
B. calling in
C. calling up
D. calling for
9. Techniques for () sleep would involve learning to control both mind and body so that sleep can occur.
10. Owing to () competition among the airlines, travel expenses have been reduced considerably.
11. In India more than one hundred languages are spoken, () which only fourteen are recognized as official.
12. Vitamins are complex () that the body requires in very small mounts.
13. () the help of their group, we would not have succeeded in the investigation.
B. Regardless of
C. But for
14. I had just posted the letter when I remembered that hadn’t () the cheque.
15. His wife is constantly finding () with him, which makes him very angry.
16. In Africa, educational costs are very low for those who are () enough to get into universities.
17. It is too early to say whether IBM’s competitors will be able to () their products to the new hardware at an affordable cost.
18. All her energies are () upon her children and she seems to have little time for anything else.
19. It is high time that such practices ().
A. are ended
B. be ended
C. were ended
D. must be ended
20. They always give the vacant seats to () comes first.
21. John doesn’t believe in () medicine; he has some remedies of his own.
22. She had a tense expression on her face, () she were expecting trouble.
A. even though
B. as though
C. even as
D. now that
23. If people feel hopeless, they don’t bother to () the skills they need to succeed.
24. They were () admission to the military exhibition because they were foreigners.
25. Anna was reading a piece of science fiction, completely () to the outside world.
A. having been lost
B. to be lost
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册