一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Your house is not worth as much today as it was a few years ago.|
2. —Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the post office? —_______
A. Don’t ask that.
B. Go stragiht down this street. Turn left at the first traffic lights. You can’t miss it.
C. No, I can’t say that.
D. No, you’re driving too fast.
3. I’m afraid these shoes are not ______ in your size.
4. —Must I stay here for hours? —No, you _______, You can leave any time.
5. — Good morning, sir. May I help you? —__________.
A. No, I’m leaving soon
B. I don’t mind
C. Thanks. I’m just having a look
D. It’s all right
6. —_______. —About 25℃.
A. The temperature may be higher.
B. How is the weather today?
C. What’s the temperature today?
D. What is the weather forecast say?
7. The teacher said, “What are you thinking about?”=The teacher asked me _______ thinking about.
A. what were you
B. what you were
C. what I was
D. what was I
8. The mother demands that the children ______ her.
D. should obey
9. —I’d like to make an appointment with Mr. White. —_______
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.
B. Why didn’t you call earlier?
C. Certainly. May I know your name?
D. Sorry. He doesn’t want to see you.
10. —What do you think of this red hat? Do you think it suits me? —_______. Perhaps another style would be better.
A. I like it very much
B. Sorry, I have no idea
C. I really don’t think it looks good on you
D. Yes, I know what to say
11. The city government has convinced the public that the housing problem will soon be solved.
A. She confessed to steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
B. She confessed stealing the book that Ann bought yesterday.
C. She confessed already steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
D. She confessed had steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
13. —_______ —Just over there at the second corner.
A. Hello, sir. Tell me where the station is.
B. Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the station is, please?
C. Good afternoon, sir. Tht station, please.
D. Pardon, sir. Can I get to the station, please?
14. Tom is the boy _______, everyone thinks, will win the first prize.
15. 6. We should find some way to ______ him ______. He is too tired.
A. pull down
B. put down
C. bring down
D. slow down
16. —What a poor job I’ve done! —_______
A. Do it again.
B. You can do it.
C. Do your best!
D. Don’t be upset. No one can do it better than you.
17. —What’s the date tomorrow? —_______
A. It’s May 15th.
B. It’s Wednesday.
C. It’s May.
D. It’s Teachers’ Day.
18. —My dear! I made a mistake again. —_______
A. Be careful.
B. Don’t worry. We can do something to make up for it.
C. What a pity!
D. ou should worry about it.
19. Yesterday the teacher told the students, “You will learn two lessons this week.”=Yesterday the teacher told the students that _______.
A. you will learn two lessons this week
B. they would learn two lessons this week
C. they will learn two lessons this week
D. you would learn two lessons this week
20. —How much does a radio like this cost? —__________.
A. I’d like to buy it
B. it’s of very good quality
C. About eighty-five dollars
D. It depends on how you like it
21. By the time he was 12, Edison _______ to make a living by himself.
A. would begin
B. has begun
C. had begun
D. was begun
22. —I’m thinking of buying these new boots. What do you think? —_______
A. Don’t ask me.
B. It’s good for you.
C. I’d rather not.
D. Good choice. You need some warm shoes for the winter.
23. When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.
24. —What’s the time by your watch? —_______
A. It’s half past five.
B. It’s Sunday.
C. It’s February.
D. It’s a fine day.
25. I _______ my breakfast when the morning post came.
B. had been having
C. haven been having
D. was having
26. 13. He didn’t go to the meeting last night and ______.
A. So did I
B. Neither did I
C. So I did
D. Neither I did.
27. A number of theories have been put forward about the possible causes of cancer.
28. —Can you speak any foreign languages? —_______
A. Yes, I can speak any foreign languages
B. I don’t know
C. Yes, I can speak English very well and a little Japanese
D. I often speak English at home
29. I’d like to _______ her to you for the job. She is very clever and industrious girl.
30. _______ is a fact that English is accepted as an international language.
31. Fresh air, enough exercise and nutritious food _______ to good health.
32. —It’s a great pleasure to have a talk with you. —_______
A. Thank you. It’s very good of you to say so.
B. you are welcome.
C. See you.
D. It can’t be true.
A. Good teachers always ask the students to think.
B. Good teachers often like the students to think independently.
C. Good teachers often encourage their students to think for themselves.
D. Good teacher always independently encourage their students to think.
34. People who boiled their water to take with tea tended to catch fewer diseases than those who danrk it cold.
35. The teacher would have to spend a lot of time _______ what the studen’ts already know in the subject.
A. find out
B. to find out
C. finding out
D. found out
36. Medical treatment _______ greatly from state to state.
37. Can you find out _______ her pen?
A. where Alice had put
B. where had Alice put
C. where Alice has put
D. where has Alice put
38. It was in the Pacific Cinema _______ they had seen this movie last spring.
C. in which
39. —who is that man? —_______
A. He is a student
B. He is Doctor Took
C. A driver, I suppose
D. He’s drunk
40. These girls have an advantage _______ those in calculation.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册