一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. ____all the inventions have in common is ____they have succeeded.
A. What/ what
B. That/ that
D. That/ what
2. What time do you think__?
A. will Tom come back
B. Tom will come back
C. is Tom coming back
D. can Tom get here
3. Is____ true that the famous scientist will give us a lecture next week?
A. that it
4. ____appeared to me that he enjoyed the food very much.
C. All that
5. ____he does has nothing to do with me.
B. No matter what
6. ___ you did it is not known to all.
7. ____caused the accident is still a complete mystery.
8. In some countries,___ are called “public schools” are not owned by the state.
9. It is widely ______that smoking can cause cancer.
10. Whether ways will be found to stop pollution or not is just___ worries the public.
11. The order came ___the soldiers ____the small village the next morning.
A. that，had to leave
B. that， should leave
C. /， must leave
D. when，should leave
12. ___ David says sounds right to Helen. That’s why she has made up her mind to leave with him___ happens.
B. No matter what/whatever
C. No matter what/ No matter what
D. Whatever/ however
13. This is ___the shenzhou V Spaceship landed.
B. in which
14. Energy is ____makes thing work..
15. It has not been decided ___ they will leave for New York.
16. Only when ___in the afternoon ___able to leave.
A. the match was over
B. they were
C. was the match over
D. were they C was the match over
E. they were
F. the match was over
G. were they
17. ____has passed the test will get a prize
B. No mater who
18. It worried her a bit ____her hair was turning gray.
19. The manager came over and asked the customer how____
A. did the quarrel came about
B. the quarrel had come about
C. had the quarrel come about
D. had the quarrel come about
20. ___is no possibility ____Bob can win the first prize in the match.
B. It/ that