一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. After Senator Smith announced that he planned to run for president, the telephone at campaign headquarters rang ____.|
2. The policeman ____ him by forcing him to follow Jim into the house.
3. The judges have decided who the prize winners will be, and will ____ the names tomorrow.
4. Since antiquity there have been many attempts, some quite ____, to explain how the cosmos came into being——they make imaginative to tell the story of the born of the cosmos.
5. Why do you look so ____ ? You never smile or look cheerful.
6. The children ____the playground for a break from the classroom after the bell had rung.
A. crowded into
B. packed into
C. streamed into
D. crawled into
7. She told the children to ____ while she was talking on the telephone..
A. pipe down
B. pipe away
C. pipe up
D. pipe in
8. His face ____ with pain when badly hurt by the shopkeeper.
B. was twisted
C. was twinkled
9. She is ____ to leave that job, but another company has offered her a high salary.
10. Riding on a bus without paying the fare ____ cheating the bus company.
A. amounts of
D. amounts to
11. I threatened to ____ him to the police.
12. Her pocket was ____ full of cards written in English which she used to remember words.
13. Several unpopular decisions ____ the governor＇s popularity.
14. The factory ____ its waste into the river.
15. Getting a college degree was the most ____ experience of my life. s
16. Most of the people were ____ down by hunger and poverty.
17. The writer ____ his name in the book.
18. Mountain climbers challenge the limits of human ___ in their attempts to scale the world＇s highest peaks—the one who can last to the end wins.
19. The soup tasted so ____ that I asked for some more.
20. Laughing is not an ____ response to the death of someone.
21. He _______ his binoculars ____ the distant figures.
A. trained ... in
B. trained ... for
C. trained ... as
D. trained ... on
22. She has become quite ____to the company.
23. He ____ the plans to enemy agents.
24. Isadora Duncan preferred to dance on a stage ____ scenery; she said that makes the dance itself rather than scenery more distinguishing.
A. close to
B. made of
C. protected from
D. devoid of
25. Although it is commonly believed that an ostrich hides its head when confronted by danger, it actually flees—runs away____.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册