一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 40 分。）V 1. At that time they were poor, and they went （ ）a difficult time.
A. in for
B. along with
2. Let's go. Look,（ ）car is outside （ ）airport.
B. the, an
C. a, an
D. a, the
3. After a few rounds of talks, both sides regarded the territory dispute（ ）.
A. being settled
B. to be settled
C. has settled
D. as settled
4. How many big colleges are there in this city ? Let me （ ）.
5. All （ ）is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. what is needed
B. for our needs
C. the thing needed
D. that is needed
6. Mr. Smith is due （ ）give us a speech tomorrow morning.
7. He is very（ ）.He often comes first in shot putting.
8. A peculiarly pointed chin is his most memorable facial （ ）.
9. Even on Sundays, fewer people go to（ ）church than before. .
10. Ann never dreams of （ ）for her to be sent abroad very soon.
A. there being a chance
B. there to be a chance
C. there be a chance
D. being a chance
11. -what （ ）you talking about? -（ ）talking about our new English teacher.
A. are, You are
B. is, We are
C. are, We are
D. is, You are
12. yesterday I had my hair（ ）.
C. is cut
13. All things （ ）, the planned trip will bave to be called off.
B. be considered
D. having considered
14. Do the students often（ ）on their teachers?
15. After（ ）that unforgettable love, he became more understanding.
A. has experienced
16. -Where are you from? -（ ）from China.
A. I am
B. I is
C. You are
D. You is
17. How about （ ）on Sunday morning？
A. go shop
B. going shop
C. going shopping
D. go shopping
18. She’s going to （ ）a meeting here this evening.
19. I like this kind （ ）fruit.
20. Do you enjoy （ ）English in our class, Miss Gao?
B. to teach
二、阅读理解（共 3 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. “Cool”is a word with many meanings．Its old meaning is used to express a temperature that is a little bit cold．As the world has changed，the word has had many different meaning．
“Cool” can be used to express feelings of interest in almost anything．
When you see a famous car in the street，maybe you will say，“It's cool．”You may think，“He's so cool，”when you see your favourite footballer．
We all maximize（扩大） the meaning of “cool”．You can use it instead of many words such as “new” or “surprising”．Here's an interesting story we can use to show the way the word is used．A teacher asked her students to write about the waterfall（瀑布）they had visited．On one student's paper was just the one sentence，“It's so cool．” Maybe he thought it was the best way to show what he saw and felt．
But the story also shows a scarcity（缺乏）of words．Without “cool”，some people have no words to show the same meaning．So it is quite important to keep some credibility（可信性）．Can you think of many other words that make your life as colourful as the word “cool”？ I can．And I think they are also very cool．
1). We know that the word "cool" has had ________.
A. only one meaning
B. no meanings
C. many different meanings
D. the same meaning
2). In the passage，the word“express”means“________”.
3). If you are _______ something，you may say，“It’s cool.”
A. interested in
B. angry about
C. afraid of
D. unhappy with
4). The writer takes an example to show he is ________the way the word is used．
A. pleased with
B. strange to
C. worried about
D. careful with
5). In the passage，the writer suggests（暗示）that the word “cool”________．
A. can be used instead of many words
B. usually means something interesting
C. can make your life colourful
D. may not be as cool as it seems
2. There are stock markets（股票市场）in large cities in many countries. Stock markets in Paris, London, Tokyo, Shanghai and New York are among the largest and most well-known. The stock, also called stock exchange, is a place where people can buy or sell shares of a factory or company. And each share means certain ownership of a factory or company.
Different people go to stock markets. Some are rich, who want to get more money than they have. Others are not very rich, who buy stocks to try to become rich. Still others buy stocks as part of their plan to save money.
Of course, investing（投资）money in the stock market is not the safest way to make money. No one can tell exactly whether the shares will be doing well. The factory or company may do badly. Then the stocks will go down, and the investors will lose money. The stock may go up or down for a number of untold reasons. Everyone wants the stock to go up, but sometimes even if a factory or company does a good job, the stock may still go down.
No wonder going to the stock market is often compared to gambling（赌博）.All are eager to make money by gambling in the stock market. Factories and companies that need money are pleased that so many people are willing to gamble. Indeed, the stock market is an attractive and complex part of the business world.
1). If you are a good investor, _____in the stock market.
A. you can always make money
B. you can tell exactly when the stock goes up or down
C. you may sometimes lose money
D. your gambling is always safe
2). The passage mainly wants to tell us _____.
A. how to buy or sell shares
B. ABC of stock market
C. the stock market is like gambling
D. investing money in the stock market is not the safest way
3). If a factory or company does a bad job, the stock price will probably _____.
A. keep in the same level
B. go down
D. there is no relationship between a company’s job and stock price
4). Factories and companies are pleased that so many people gamble because _____.
A. they can make them rich
B. they need more people to work for them
C. they need their money to do business
D. some people win and some lose
5). The word complex in the last sentence probably means _____.
3. Do you always understand directions on a bottle of medicine? Do you know what is meant by “Take only as directed”? Read the following directions and see if you understand them.
“To reduce pain , take two tablets（药片）with water , followed by one table every eight hours , as required . For night-time and early morning relief(缓解疼痛)take two tables at bedtime . Do not take more than six tables in twenty-four hours.
For children of six to twelve years old, give half the amount（量）. For children under six years old, ask your doctor’s advice.
Reduce the amount if you suffer from restlessness or sleeplessness after taking the medicine. ”
1). How many tables at most can a person over 12 have in 24 hours ?
2). How many tables should a nine-year old child normally take in 24 hours ?
A. Half a tablet
B. One tablet
C. Two tables
D. Four tables
3). What is the advice for one who cannot sleep well after taking the medicine ?
A. Stop taking the medicine at bedtime .
B. Continue to take the normal amount.
C. Take more than the normal amount.
D. Take less than the normal amount.
4). It can be inferred from the directions that this medicine
A. helps you to fall asleep quickly
B. may be dangerous to small children
C. cannot be taken if one feels sleepy
D. should not be taken by children under six
5). This text is most probably taken from a
C. doctor’s notebook
D. bottle of medicine
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册