谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。|
一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The slight spark can ( ) the explosive stored there.
A. set out
B. set about
C. set up
D. set off
2. Look at all the corruption that’s going on. It’s time the city was ( ).
A. cleaned out
B. cleaned down
C. cleaned away
D. cleaned up
3. John ( ) to be a polite man. But in fact he is very rude.
4. His ( ) personality provides good material for critics.
5. When making modern cameras , people began to ( ) plastics for metal
6. We can not trust him any more because he often ( ) his duty.
7. The wind ( ) the clouds and the sun was again visible .
8. She is fond of ( ), so do not approach her and tell her what trouble you. She will make it known to all.
9. She cast her eyes round the room in ( ) of a chair to sit in.
10. She did it( ) our effects to stop her.
A. in regard to
B. with regard to
D. in spite of
11. Jimmy is only a second rate tennis player ,but he is always ( ) how well he plays .
12. The little boy wore a very thin coat.A sudden gust of cold wind made him ( ).
13. We stopped for a coffeebreak and ( ) working fifteen minutes later.
14. Violence in the local prison has ( ) two lives.
15. What they produced has no any ( ) value. But it is very useful to their research.
16. He was ( ) about the spring outing , but he came back quite depressed and said he should not have joined in it.
17. The story you told me the other day has yet to be ( ).
18. "How often have you seen cases like this?"one surgeon asked another. Oh, ( ) times, I guess." was the reply.
A. hundred of
C. hundreds of
19. He always gives ( ) to his wife’s demands and does whatever she tells him to.
20. He works in our university as a visiting ( ), not as a formal faculty member.
21. “Why are you driving like a mad?”“Well, I have to ( )the hour we lost in Chicago.”
A. make for
B. make up
C. make of
D. make out
22. Work paid according to the amount done puts a premium ( ) speed and not ( ) quality.
B. of , of
C. on , on
D. from , from
23. The chances of seeing a helicopter in my hometown are one ( ) a million.
24. This is a poem about ( ) life in the American West.
25. Although the traffic is not busy, he likes to drive at a ( ) speed.
26. The cure rate of many disease increased dramatically after penicillin was ( ) by more doctors.
A. put into practise
B. put into effect
C. put to use
D. put into operation
27. When he opened the door, he used too much force and ( ) the key.
28. ( ),when he lived in his country , he was a university professor,but now he is working toward a high degree at an American university.
29. As a chairman for nearly ten years, Professor Smith has never ( ) to anything dishonest.
30. The old man was kind and ( ) enough to help the children cross the street.
31. Considering his contribution to our company , Mr. White ( ) better treament than this.
32. This river is so big that it is impossible to build a ( ) under it without modern technology.
33. When you fill in the application form, please use your ( ) address so that we can contact you easily later.
34. The tragic ending of the novel can bring ( ).
A. your eyes to tears
B. tears to your eyes
C. your eye to tear
D. tear to your eye
35. It was a close boxing game, but the boxer in blue was ( ) to be the winner by three of the four referees.
36. Tom's father, as well as his mother,( ) in New York for a few more days.
A. suggest him to stay
B. suggested him that he should stay
C. suggest him staying
D. suggests he stay
37. Shirley ( ) a book about China last year but I don't know whether she has finished it.
A. has written
C. had written
D. was writing
38. The food was divided ( ) according to the age and size of the children.
39. Why do you want a new job ( ) you've got such a good one already?
40. We've made some achievements, but there is still a long way ( ).
B. to go
D. to be gone
41. When he caught a ( ) of his girl-friend in the rain, Jack asked the taxi driver to stop to pick her up.
42. To some ( ), Mary still does not understand this unit. But she herself does not believe so.
43. It was courageous enough for Galileo to ( ) the falling object theory developed by Aristotle, the authoritative Greek scientist.
44. A burning cigarette he threw into the wastepaper basket ( ) fire to the hotel.
45. In the United States, the foreign policy is decided by the ( ) government, not by each state.
46. The table is similar in design to the other , but the top is ( ).
C. more round
47. All the memories of his childhood had ( ) from his mind by the time he was 65.
48. Both O.J.Simpson and Jim Brown have been ( ) as the greatest players in the history of football.
49. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to express my sincere ( ) for you help.
50. Eggs were on sale, and the shoppers ( ) the bargain.
A. snatched up
B. snapped up
C. smashed up
D. summoned up
谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册