一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. --- Ami, I want this report typed today. --- _________.|
A. It’ll be ready in the afternoon, sir
B. I’d like you to help me
C. I know nothing about the report
D. Leave it to tomorrow
2. --- Who has done your hair, Susan? ---__________.
A. My hair has been done
B. The hair stylist
C. My hairstyle is cool
D. Before another one
3. John Kennedy was (_) of the United States.
A. the thirty-five president
B. the thirty-fifth president
C. thirty-fifth president
D. thirty-five president
—Do you mind if I smoke here?
A. Yes, certainly not.
B. No, please don't.
Sorry, it's forbidden here.
D. Yes, I mind.
5. As I felt so much better, my doctor ___ me to take a holiday by the sea.
6. Supposing the weather ____ bad, where would you go?
B. will be
— Why don't you stop and ask a policeman for direction?
Of course not.
Sorry, I can't.
Some customers complain that it usually ____________so long to get refund for the inferior goods they bought.
9. Having no money but ___ to know, he simply said he would go without dinner.
A. not to want anyone
B. not wanting anyone
C. wanted no one
D. to want no one
Scientists think that the continents ____________ always where they ____________ today.
11. ___ we would not have succeeded in our experiment.
A. Without you helped us
B. But for you helped us
C. If you had not helped us
D. But you helped us
12. He ought to have handed in the paper yesterday.That‘s what he (_).
A. should do
B. should be doing
C. should have done
13. About 40% of the land of the country is situated ___ sea level.
14. One of his many faults is that he never ________ anything very long.
A. decides on
B. sticks to
C. goes over
D. makes sure
15. The ship set out for the ___ of the ocean depths.
16. A group of scientists are conducting a ___ into the feasibility of cloning human beings.
17. --- Linda, can you give me a lift after work? --- _________.
A. It’s very king of you to do so
B. Thank you for your offer
C. Never mind. I’ll go shopping
D. No problem. We go the same direction
— Have you ever been to the Great Wall in Beijing?
Yes, I am .
No, I don't.
No, I've never been there.
Certainly, I went there.
19. --- May I have a look at your photo album? --- _________.
A. Yes, you have
B. It’s very interesting
C. This is my girl friend
D. Yes, of course
20. The United States ___ an enormous wealth of resource.
21. The Web also provides an environment in which it is quick and easy to_______ideas with colleagues.
22. ___ yesterday, I would have asked him not to do that.
A. Had he come
B. Provided he came
C. If he came
D. Has he come
23. Here you may select the one which is most to your taste, and you are even allowed to sample them before ___.
A. take a decision
B. taking a decision
C. come to a decision
D. coming to a decision
24. The child will taught that hard work is necessary to ___ academic success.
A. bring up
B. bring with
C. bring forward
D. bring about
25. The complete ___ of the new hospital will take a year.
26. _ my love of landscape, nothing could persuade me to spend another day in the Highlands
A. But for
B. For all
D. Except for
27. Dieters should try to reach and _ a reasonable weight.
28. _______ majority of people are highly against the pollution in this city.
29. Henry talks to his dog as if it ___ him.
D. would understand
—Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get to the railway station?
No, I couldn't.
B. Sorry, I don't know. I'm new here.
C. I couldn't tell you.
D. You can't ask me.
We have ____________ two seats for the 8:30 flight to New York tomorrow.
32. The distance ___ light travels in one second is 300,000 kilometers.
B. at which
C. by which
D. to which
33. She was the only child in the family, but they didn’t ___________ her.
34. If I ____you, I would go by plane. Flying is much faster.
35. The advertisement said that an expanding company wished to ___ a secretary at their head office.
If the boy had ____________ the dog alone it wouldn't have bitten him.
They always kept on good ____________ with their next-door neighbors for the
The coffee is wonderful! It doesn't taste like anything I ____________ before.
have ever had
had ever had
39. Both you and I______ finished the work in time.
40. It is not known for sure whether the oil in this area can be ___.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册