一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 40 分。）V 1. Americans eat（ ）as they actually need every day.|
A. twice as much protein
B. twice protein as much twice
C. twice protein as much
D. protein as twice much
2. These kites are made （ ）paper.
3. He（ ）many beautiful post cards to us .
4. Although they plant trees in this area every year, the tops of some hills are still （ )
5. （ ）this flower symbolize something happy?
6. Today computers（ ）a great deal in many fields.
A. are use
C. are used
7. Ann never dreams of （ ）for her to be sent abroad very soon.
A. there being a chance
B. there to be a chance
C. there be a chance
D. being a chance
8. Mr. Smith is due （ ）give us a speech tomorrow morning.
9. I am a student. （ ）name is Tom.
10. There（ ）three apples on the desk.
11. John and Jack （ ）best friends.
12. We usually have a football match （ ）Sunday.
13. According to the periodic table, （ ）still some elements undiscovered.
A. there seem to be
B. it seems to be
C. it seems that
D. here seem
14. He is very（ ）.He often comes first in shot putting.
15. （ ）the teacher（ ）at this college last year? Yes, he did.
A. Did, taught
B. does, teach
C. Did, teach
16. A new library （ ）in our university last year.
B. is built
C. was built
D. has been built
17. He is to（ ）a train to Paris this afternoon.
18. Of all the students, Linda draws （ ）carefully
19. Do the students often（ ）on their teachers?
20. When the teacher came into the classroom, we stopped（ ）
B. to talk
二、阅读理解（共 3 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. Surtsey was born in 1963. Scientists saw the birth of this island. It began at 7:30 a.m. on 14th November. A fishing boat was near Iceland. The boat moved under the captain's（船长）feet. He noticed a strange smell. He saw some black smoke. A volcano（火山）was breaking out. Red-hot rocks, fire and smoke were rushing up from the bottom（底部）of the sea. The island grew quickly. It was 10 meters high the next day and 60 meters high on 18th November. Scientists flew there to watch. It was exciting. Smoke and fire were still rushing up. Pieces of red-hot rock were flying into the air and falling into the sea. The sea was boiling and there was a strange light in the sky. Surtsey grew and grew. Then it stopped in June 1967. It was 175 meters high and 2 kilometers long. And life was already coming to Surtsey. Plants grew. Birds came. Some scientists built a house. They want to learn about this young island. A new island is like a new world.
1). Surtsey is ______.
A. an island not far from Iceland
B. a new volcano
C. a fishing boat
D. a place in Iceland
2). Scientists flew there ______.
A. to watch the birth of the island
B. to save the fishing boat
C. to learn about the island
D. to build a house
3). When did scientist fly there to watch?
A. Before the volcano broke out.
B. As soon as the volcano broke out.
C. About four days after the volcano broke out.
D. After the volcano stopped rushing up.
4). Put the following sentences in correct order. a.The captain found the boat was moving. b.A new island appeared in the sea. c.Fire, smoke and rocks were seen rushing up. d.A fishing boat was near Iceland. e. The island grew quickly.
5). The best title of this article is ________.
A. A new island
B. The birth of an island
C. A new world
D. Scientists discovered Surtsey
2. Danny was just tired about the way things were going．His mom came to the school and went on and on about Rick Jackson．It seemed that she would never stop talking．"Somebody's got to stop that boy!” she was shouting．"Rick's troubling everybody in the neighborhood(四邻)．And he loves to pick on(结交)little boys like Danny．"
Mrs．Green, Danny's teacher, was concerned(担心)a lot．"I didn't know that Danny was being picked on, " she answered．"He's never said anything about this to me!” Mrs．Green looked at Danny．"How long has this been going on?” she asked．Danny could only shake his head and look at the floor．He knew if he said a word about this, he would have trouble after school．
Danny hadn't said anything about the problem because he wanted to do things with the boys in the neighborhood．After all, most of them were nice to him．He hated to leave the gang just because of Rick．Maybe the time had come to find new friends．He felt it hard to make up his mind．
1). We learn from the reading that ______．
A. Danny was not a good student
B. Danny's mother talked too much about the school
C. Danny's teacher knew something about Danny's problem before
D. Danny wanted to get away from Rick
2). When Danny's mother came for Mrs Green, the matter was now ______ to Mrs Green．
3). Danny now ______．
A. was tired of the school and his friends
B. had no friends at all
C. was not sure what he should to with the problem
D. made some new friends in the neighborhood
4). Danny didn't say anything about the matter to Mrs Green because ______．
A. she had known it
B. the other boys would tell her
C. he didn't want to be in trouble
D. his mother didn't want him to say it
5). The word ”gang” in the reading means ”______”．
A. a place for boys to play games
B. a group of young people
C. a school bus for children to and from school
D. the teacher's office
3. No one is glad to hear that his body has to be cut open by a surgeon（外科医生） and part of it taken out． Today， however， we needn't worry about feeling pain during the operation． The sick person falls into a kind of sleep, and when he awakes， the operation is finished． But these happy conditions are fairly new． It is not many years since a man who had to have operation felt all its pain．
Long ago，operation had usually to be done while the sick man could feel everything． The sick man had to be held down on a table by force while the doctors did their best for him． He could feel all the pain if his leg or arm was being cut off， and his fearful cries filled the room and the hearts of those who watched．
Soon after 1770, Josept Priestley discovered a gas which is now called “laughing gas”．Laughing gas became known in America．Young men and women went to parties to try it． Most of them spent their time laughing，but one man at a party，Horace Wells，noticed that people didn't seem to feel pain when they were using this gas．He decided to make an experiment on himself．He asked a friend to help him．
Wells took some of the gas， and his friend pulled out one of Well’s teeth． Wells felt no pain at all．
As he didn't know enough about laughing gas，he gave a man less gas than he should have． The man cried out with pain when his tooth was being pulled out．
Wells tried again，but this time he gave too much of the gas，and the man died．Wells never forgot this terrible event．
1). It is_____since a man being operated felt all the pain.
A. a few more years
B. not long
C. few years
D. two thousand years
2). Long ago， when the sick man was operated on，he _____．
A. could feel nothing
B. could not want anything
C. could feel all the pain
D. could do anything
3). Using the laughing gas， the people did not seem to______．
A. be afraid of anything
B. feel pain
C. want to go to the parties
D. be ill
4). If a man took less laughing gas than he should have when an operation went on， he ______．
A. felt nothing
B. felt very comfortable（舒服的）
C. still felt pain
D. would die
5). One who took too much of the laughing gas ______．
A. would laugh all the time
B. would die
C. would never feel pain
D. would be very calm