一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 40 分。）V 1. I have（ ）a taxi for them.|
D. to arrange
2. Miss Gao, please show our American visitors （ ）our campus.
3. Mike looks （ ）than John, but they are of the same age.
B. the youngest
4. Lily（ ）to the beach with Prof.Green. They had a swim there.
5. How about （ ）on Sunday morning？
A. go shop
B. going shop
C. going shopping
D. go shopping
6. No one wanted to tell （ ）the reason.
7. Do you enjoy （ ）English in our class, Miss Gao?
B. to teach
8. - （ ）she doing now? -She （ ）singing.
A. Where is, is
B. What is, are
C. Is where, is
D. What is, is
9. Any （ ）of the items in filling in the form is not allowed.
10. I am a student. （ ）name is Tom.
11. The clothes are placed in the closet according （ ）their colors.
12. My litter sister is good at （ ）the pinao.
13. （ ）is big and round in the sky today.
B. The moon
D. A moon
14. John and Jack （ ）best friends.
15. He got on well （ ）his neighbours.
16. Things are getting （ ）and（ ）
A. bad, bad
B. worst, worst
C. worse, worse
D. worse, worst
17. Have you ever been to （ ）Great Wall?
18. As teachers we should concern ourselves with what is said, not what we think （ ）_.
A. ought to be said
B. must say
C. have to be said
D. need to say
19. How many big colleges are there in this city ? Let me （ ）.
20. （ ）your father always（ ）around the park?
B. Do ...jogs
D. Do ... jog
二、阅读理解（共 3 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. Winter is dangerous because it’s so difficult to know what is going to happen and accidents take place so easily. Fog can be waiting to meet you over the top of a hill. Ice might be hiding under the melting (融化) snow, waiting ahead (前面) to send you off the road. The car coming to you may suddenly slip across the road.
Rule Number One for driving on icy roads is to drive smoothly (平稳地). Sudden movements can make a car very difficult to control. So every time you either start or stop your car, increase or reduce your speed, you must be as gentle and slow as possible. Suppose you are driving with a full cup of hot coffee on the seat next to you. Drive so that you wouldn’t spill (溅) it.
Rule Number Two is to pay attention to what might happen. The more ice there is, the further down the road you have to look. Test how long it takes to gently stop your car. Remember that you may be driving more quickly than you think. Generally, allow twice of your usual stopping distance when the road is wet, three times this distance on snow, and even more on ice. Try to stay in control of your car at all time and you will not get into trouble.
1). The writer tries to _____ in this passage.
A. show his dislikes about bad winter weather
B. give information about winter weather
C. ask people not to drive in winter
D. advise people about safe driving in winter
2). People can _____ after reading this passage.
A. find out about the weather
B. get some information on driving lessons
C. learn about better driving
D. decide which is the best season for traveling
3). According to the passage, the writer thinks that _______.
A. people should not drive in the snow
B. drivers should think more about problems in winter driving
C. people drive too fast in winter
D. winter drivers should stop their cars less
4). In the passage he writer talks about a cup of coffee ______.
A. to show how important smooth movements are
B. to ask the drivers to bring some soft drinks with them
C. to tell the drivers to be more relaxed
D. to show how it an be spilled
5). Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Traffic accidents take place easily in winter.
B. Fog and melting snow often cause car accidents.
C. The stopping distance on ice is as long as the usual one.
D. In winter you should drive your car with great care.
2. Surtsey was born in 1963. Scientists saw the birth of this island. It began at 7:30 a.m. on 14th November. A fishing boat was near Iceland. The boat moved under the captain's（船长）feet. He noticed a strange smell. He saw some black smoke. A volcano（火山）was breaking out. Red-hot rocks, fire and smoke were rushing up from the bottom（底部）of the sea. The island grew quickly. It was 10 meters high the next day and 60 meters high on 18th November. Scientists flew there to watch. It was exciting. Smoke and fire were still rushing up. Pieces of red-hot rock were flying into the air and falling into the sea. The sea was boiling and there was a strange light in the sky. Surtsey grew and grew. Then it stopped in June 1967. It was 175 meters high and 2 kilometers long. And life was already coming to Surtsey. Plants grew. Birds came. Some scientists built a house. They want to learn about this young island. A new island is like a new world.
1). Surtsey is ______.
A. an island not far from Iceland
B. a new volcano
C. a fishing boat
D. a place in Iceland
2). Scientists flew there ______.
A. to watch the birth of the island
B. to save the fishing boat
C. to learn about the island
D. to build a house
3). When did scientist fly there to watch?
A. Before the volcano broke out.
B. As soon as the volcano broke out.
C. About four days after the volcano broke out.
D. After the volcano stopped rushing up.
4). Put the following sentences in correct order. a.The captain found the boat was moving. b.A new island appeared in the sea. c.Fire, smoke and rocks were seen rushing up. d.A fishing boat was near Iceland. e. The island grew quickly.
5). The best title of this article is ________.
A. A new island
B. The birth of an island
C. A new world
D. Scientists discovered Surtsey
3. Mr Brown was going away for a week. Before he left, he said to his son, "if anyone asks for me, you can tell him that your father has been out for doing something, and will be back in a week, then be sure to ask him to sit down for a cup of tea."
"OK, Dad," said his son. But he was afraid his son couldn't remember this, he wrote these words down on a piece of paper and gave it to him. His son put it into his small pocket, took it out and looked at it every now and then.
Four days passed, but no one came to see his father. The boy thought that there was no man to come and that the piece of paper was of no more use for him, so he burnt it that evening.
The next afternoon, someone knocked at the door. The boy opened it. A man was standing at the door and said, "Where is your father?" The boy put his hand into his pocket at once and looked for the piece of paper. He could not find it. He suddenly remembered he had burnt it, so he shouted, "No more."
The man was very surprised. He asked, "No more? I met your father last week. When did it happen?"
"Burnt yesterday evening."
1). Mr Brown told his son that _____.
A. he would be away from home for four days
B. he would be back in seven days
C. he would be back in a month
D. he liked a cup of tea
2). Mr Brown wrote the words down on ________.
A. the wall
B. the door
C. a piece of paper
D. his son's pocket
3). A man came to visit the boy's father on ________.
A. the second day
B. the third day
C. the fourth day
D. the fifth day
4). The man was very surprised because _________.
A. he thought the child's father was dead
B. the child didn't ask him to sit down
C. the child gave him a cup of tea
D. he couldn't find that piece of paper
5). What was burnt? ___________.
A. The piece of paper
B. Mr Smith
C. The visitor
D. The boy
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册