一、单选题（共 30 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. The study of meaning, usage, and communication of time is( ).|
2. The English equivalent for “黄色电影” can be( ).
A. a yellow film
B. a green film
C. a pink film
D. a blue film
3. The( )color is usually associated with celebrations and joyful occasions.
4. When westerns introduce one person to others, they( ).
A. do not use “title+surname”, and they introduce his name first, then the positive or rank
B. do not use “title+surname”, and they introduce his position and rank first, then his name
C. use “title+surname”, and they introduce his name first, then the position or rank
D. use “title+surname”, and they introduce his position or rank first, then his name
5. Some nonverbal messages are consistent with accompanying verbal message, which is the( )function of nonverbal message.
6. When you want to learn about someone's family relationship with another person, you may ask( ).
A. Are you relatives?
B. Are you family members?
C. How are you called?
D. How are you related?
7. If someone says, “ What a big house you've got.” , the complimented might respond( ).
A. “Thank you, it's just so so.”
B. “No, it is quite small.”
C. “Really? I think it's not big enough to live in.”
D. “Thank you. It's quite big, I was lucky to be able to get it.”
8. In English culture, the introduction rule“( )” is correct.
A. When introducing two males or two females, put the younger person's name first
B. Men don't have to take off their gloves before shaking hands
C. When a man and a woman are to shake hands, it is the man who extends his hand first
D. When introductions are made , start with first names, and add some descriptive notes
9. The expression “ You don't seem to understand ”, can be called( )from the perspective of interpersonal communication.
A. beautiful words
B. negative words
C. redundant words
D. softening words
10. When you meet an American friend of yours who are just off a plane in the airport, you can greet him by saying( ).
A. You must have had a tiring journey.
B. Did you have a good trip?
C. How long did it take you to get here?
D. So you are here finally!
11. It is said that by tradition the Chinese culture is a( ).
A. shame culture
B. guilt culture
C. industrial culture
D. nomadic culture
12. Word( )frequently appears together with “boy” , “man” , “vessel” or “airliner”.
13. The relationship between language and culture is( ).
A. culture is part of language
B. culture is the carrier and container of culture
C. language and culture are closely related
D. language and culture are separated
14. In English speaking countries you usually introduce( ), not the other way round.
A. a man to a woman
B. a woman to a man
C. an old man to a young woman
D. an old woman to a young man
15. “Love store” corresponds to( ).
16. When someone compliments you on the watch you are wearing ,you should ,in the United States,( ).
A. say Oh, this cheap thing? It's not worth much.
B. give it to him.
C. say Would you like to have it?
D. say Thanks and smile.
17. The study of meaning, usage, and communication of place is( ).
18. ( )are language forms used to show the speaker's modesty.
B. Terms of Humility
19. When you form an “O” with your thumb and forefinger while stretching out the other three fingers, you mean( ).
B. Everything is OK
C. good luck
D. I'm full
20. Americans don't like being inquired about their choice of voting, because( ).
A. they don't want others to know about it
B. they are afraid to being murdered
C. they don't want others to support their choice of voting
D. they are not sure of their own choice of voting
21. The English speaking people are direct, so( ).
A. they reason from the particular to the general, from parts to the whole, or from the small to the big
B. they reason from the general to the particular, from the whole to the part or from the big to the small
C. they prefer the information structure in which the more important information precedes the less important information
D. they prefer the information structure in which the less important information precedes the more important information
22. Thanks giving Day is( )Thursday in November.
A. the first
B. the second
C. the third
D. the fourth
23. In its narrow sense, culture is( ).
A. whatever distinguishes one nation from all the other nations
B. the attributes of man
C. life way of a population
D. intellectual or academic development
24. ( )relations at the sentential level refer to construction whose components are linked through the use of conjunctions.
25. It's generally acknowledged that the publication of The Silent Language in 1959 by( ) marked the beginning of intercultural communication studies in the United States.
C. Edward T. Hall
D. A. Samovar
26. ( )is the inherent quality of the ass, as seen by native speakers of English or Chinese.
27. ( )are defined as “ a class of grammatical forms used in speaking to or about a social superior.”
B. Terms of humility
28. Intercultural communication is concerned with communication among people from different( ).
D. cultural backgrounds
29. Westerners are said to be( )in interpersonal behavior.
30. English is often referred to as a( )language because it uses frequently connectives to indicate the relation between linguistic elements.
二、多选题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. In Chinese culture,( )are honorifics.
2. “黄色书刊”can be translated into( ).
A. a yellow publication
B. a filthy publication
C. a pornographic publication
D. a sexual publication
3. Nonverbal communication can serve to( )the verbal ones.
4. When English speaking people part, they usually say( ).
B. It's nice to meet you
C. See you tomorrow
D. So long
5. English speaking people often use( ).
A. green with envy
C. green-eyed monsters
6. The properties of culture are( ).
A. Culture is human specific
B. culture is general and abstract
C. Culture is a national phenomenon
D. Culture is a historical phenomenon
7. “Green” in English culture may be associated with( ).
B. fruit and vegetables or gardening
C. lacking experience ,training or knowledge
8. Which of the following questions would offend speakers of English?( )
A. Do you go to church?
B. Are you married or single?
C. Who will you vote for?
D. May I know your age?
9. Paratactic relations refer to construction which are linked through( ).
10. “( )”are positive words in English.
三、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. （ ）Whenever someone responds to the behavior or the behavior residue of another person, communication has taken place.
2. （ ）North Americans prefer to sit where they are side-by-side to one another.
3. （ ）In English-speaking countries you usually first introduce a man of higher social status to one of low social status, not the other way round.
4. （ ）In the United States, the extended family, rather than the nuclear family, is considered the family.
5. （ ）In certain situations body action contradicts what is being said.
6. （ ）Stereotyping has its practical uses and limitations, because it helps us better understand what appears to be a mess and at the same time any generalization is very often an overgeneralization.
7. （ ）Thanksgiving Day is on the fourth Saturday of November.
8. （ ）On your way to the school cinema, you happen to meet Professor Jones walking to the cinema, too. You can greet him by saying You're going to see the film, aren't you?
9. （ ）It is a Chinese way of showing hospitality to insist on people accepting offers of drinks and cigarettes.
10. （ ）Instructors of intercultural communication believe that the process of communication under conditions of cultural differences can be analyzed and the knowledge about the process of IC and related skills can be taught.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册