一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Glen is agreeing ___ you now, but he may change his mind later.|
2. Ava was__ to believe that some things in the world cannot be bought.
A. brought up
B. brought along
C. brought about
D. bring up
3. Between 1974 and 1997，the number of overseas visitors expanded ______ 27%.
4. Corn originated in the New World and thus was not known in Europe until Columbus found it ______ in Cuba.
A. being cultivated
B. been cultivated
C. having cultivated
5. Although badly hurt in the accident, the driver was _____ able to make a phone call.
6. As we know, sea mammals, like whales, must__ periodically to breathe.
7. As nobody here knows what is wrong with the machine, we must send for an engineer to _________ the problem.
8. ______ you dislike ancient monuments, Warrick Castle is worth a visit.
A. As if
D. Even if
9. I haven’t seen Ann for ____ long that I’ve forgotten what she looks like.
10. ___ I’d like to welcome you to the conference.
A. All first
B. First of all
C. Of all the first
D. All of the first
11. Eugene is ill and can not receive you__ .
A. at hand
B. on the other hand
C. at least
D. at present
12. In the United States, there is always ____ flow of people to areas of ______ country where more jobs can be found.
A. A. a; the
B. B. the ; a
C. C. the; the
D. D. a; a
13. If I ___ you, I would stop smoking. It is harmful to your health.
D. has been
14. In the United States, professors have many other duties___teaching, such as administrative or research work.
B. except for
D. in addtion to
15. A cough is usually nothing to worry about unless it lasts for ten days ___.
A. or more
C. at most
16. In order to__, the new product should be superior to the old one in most aspects.
A. be accepted
B. being accepted
17. _____ they have taken matters into their hands, the pace of events has quickened.
A. As long as
B. Even if
C. Now that
D. Only if
18. ＿ ＿, the chairman will not give up what he has decided to do.
A. As you may object
B. Object as you may
C. Object though you may
D. Object if you may
19. I didn't have much money on me but I gave the poor little girl and her father____I had.
A. all what
20. I was disturbed to hear that there had been _____ murder the night before.
C. the other
21. ____ I know, there isn’t such a word in English.
A. As much as
B. So far as
C. As long as
D. As soon as
22. If you order the tickets by phone you have to pay a $ 2 service charge ___$ 13.50 for each ticket.
A. as much as
B. as well as
C. except for
D. more than
23. He takes such ________ to do his work that I am deeply moved.
A. a pain
D. big pains
24. In some places women are expected to earn money ____ men work at home and raise their children.
25. In a sudden ______ of anger，the man tore up everything within reach.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册