奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 3795|回复: 0

福师1108考试批次《大学英语(2)》复习题及参考资料(免费)

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-8-2 10:32:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
注:主观资料仅供参考0 T4 R0 x2 ?  z# q* q) ?5 B5 ]' C/ ^
福师1108考试批次《大学英语(2)》复习题一及参考资料# h* r" g& M7 r4 G0 t/ f) F
本复习题页码标注所用教材为:1 v! r' R  V# A* }- j* ~* ~0 z$ j
大学英语(2)(第2版)        主        戴丽萍        北京交通大学出版社        书
; R! N# M8 C8 Z7 L/ Y( w如学员使用其他版本教材,请参考相关知识点" C1 j! Q; {, T2 }% ~6 q( |2 ^6 V3 ^
% E; I/ m1 a2 o# L# r( E8 q
一、阅读:30%9 e5 X* s6 s% {: ~
( 1 )7 h4 L2 d+ b" d4 M6 T
Large companies need a way to reach the savings of the public at large. The same problem, on a smaller scale, faces almost every company which is trying to develop new products and create new jobs. There can be little chance of raising the sort of sums needed from friends and people we know, and while banks may agree to provide short-term loan, they are generally not willing to provide money for long term projects for a long time. So companies turn to the public, inviting people to lend them money, or take a share in the business in exchange for a share in future profits. They do this by releasing stocks and shares in the business through the stock exchange. By doing so they can put into good use the savings of individuals and institutions.
, ~. ~" e& V$ y8 h3 i( zWhen the saver needs his money back, he does not have to go to the company with whom he originally placed it. Instead, he sells his shares through a broker to some other saver who is seeking to input his money.
( h  Y. k$ C* [) {Many of the services needed both by industry and by each of us are provided by the government of the local authorities. Without hospital, roads, telephones, railway, this country could not run on. The government, local authorities, and nationalized industries therefore often need to borrow money to finance major spending, and they, too, come to the stock exchange.
3 ], D- y! ?0 h4 p# s8 w. S' h3 r" B0 E# s, Y( N* f2 J* w* U9 |
1. According to the passage, ___________.  h0 o  K/ ~2 b3 Y4 f' _* ~
  A. big companies also need to develop new products
3 y/ d1 `0 |1 w7 h8 F  B. it is cheap to get loans from the local authorities
7 Q) v: Z/ g/ P0 L  C. the government sometimes gets loan from individuals
% i* l& x- K$ e# {' A6 Z. i  D. the stock market is a good way to get money% ]# U/ e, F" r2 @, H/ j8 A  r0 P
2. Almost all companies need to _______.+ m: o9 S5 H8 O; p
  A. rely on their own financial resources
0 T4 r* j" |" W4 k  B. ask the bank for more loans
) R- w- N4 x; v+ e  C. depend on the public to get more money6 C* v( p. B: \% R) l5 b3 R
  D. borrow much money from other companies
& s( b: C, t! S8 ?, I( H2 ^3 v3. The phrase “short term loan” (Para. 1)  means ________.
* ]; Z+ y" F( {/ T+ W  A. the money that will be received within a few days: R+ P9 q, ]% M' J* V$ |: Y
  B. the money that will be made within a few days
0 _8 m; X" c$ m; i+ |, ^1 T6 s- r  C. the money to be returned within a short time
6 x% v7 R; `- s7 l! k, f; z9 V  D. the money to be saved in a few days
: D" z6 j+ d; F% ^6 }2 \4. When the savers want their money back they _______.! }' N! C! ]0 C- L
  A. sell the shares to someone who needs them, l2 a  Q2 y8 W9 I3 m* T
  B. sell the shares to the original company# C$ K  B2 t" x: X* g+ E
  C. go to the original company and sell the shares
2 V* d" K* c- |5 e4 u  D. go to the bank and exchange the shares7 v+ O% p, V" |; c2 K
5. We can conclude from the passage that the stock exchange _______.5 l, j. h+ }  R) X' P" t
  A. borrows money from different organizations3 P1 Y4 x( m6 c# @( R8 `3 \. T5 V7 q: S# X: H
  B. help raise money both for the government and industry
: O1 s$ e+ u& E$ L0 i  C. raises money for individuals as well as the government
. I% i# v4 u8 e  D. is run by the government or local authorities
0 v% k* H; N$ {7 I2 o# `(2)) n' j( B8 f; ~4 _+ o
  The fridge is considered a necessity. It has been so since the 1960s when packaged food first appeared with the label: "store in the refrigerator".
+ S6 T) b  l0 Q( Q  ]+ F  In my fridgeless Fifties childhood, I was fed well and healthily. The milkman came daily, the grocer, the butcher, the baker, and the ice-cream man delivered two or three times a week. The Sunday meat would last until Wednesday and surplus(剩余的) bread and milk became all kinds of cakes. Nothing was wasted, and we were never troubled by rotten food. Thirty years on, food deliveries have ceased; fresh vegetables are almost unobtainable in the country./ t1 p/ j0 p7 ]( d8 K
  The invention of the fridge contributed comparatively little to the art of food preservation. A vast way of well-tried techniques already existed — natural cooling, drying, smoking, salting, sugaring, bottling ...0 M4 V7 I4 ~- d  o7 T
  What refrigeration did promote was marketing — marketing hardware and electricity, marketing soft drinks, marketing dead bodies of animals around the globe in search of a good price." @& E9 v' f- U& @4 V
  Consequently, most of the world's fridges are to be found, not in the tropics where they might prove useful, but in the wealthy countries with mild temperatures where they are climatically almost unnecessary. Every winter, millions of fridges hum away(不断地嗡嗡作响) continuously, and at vast expense, busily maintain an artificially-cooled space inside and artificially-heated house — while outside, nature provides the desired temperature free of charge.
7 Z" i: J4 i1 R. A  The fridge's effect upon the environment has been evident, while its contribution to human happiness has been insignificant. If you don't believe me, try it yourself, invest in a food cabinet(橱柜) and turn off your fridge next winter. You may miss the hamburgers, but at least you’ll get rid of that terrible hum.  + b- D- Q( H- V8 O# [7 t! K( x, A4 q
6. The statement “In my fridgeless Fifties childhood, I was fed well and healthily.” (Para. 2) suggest that____________ .    ) F8 q3 T3 i0 y0 C7 j6 u
A. the author was well-fed and healthy even without a fridge in his fifties
4 d+ j( e7 ?! D( r" J& E B. the author was not accustomed to using fridges even in his fifties8 T, d5 U$ O# h) O; K& W$ n8 ]
C. there was no fridge in the author's home in the 1950s
% F3 c- R* ?6 k- J% A7 E* r D. the fridge was in its early stage of development in the 1950s $ X; H1 k! Q$ z, d
7.  Why does the author say that nothing was wasted before the invention of fridges?    2 b# C3 w' `* l. n- M# r! x' \
A. People would not buy more food than was necessary.
/ K" |0 D/ Q. U1 Y- B B. Food was delivered to people two or three times a week./ r% }* Y3 W1 ^7 Z0 Y
C. Food was sold fresh and did not get rotten easily.
/ Q* O8 B  L; D2 V- | D. People had effective ways to preserve their food.   e# U+ v* [9 a" H
8. Who benefited the least from fridges according to the author?    3 ?0 v5 `5 R9 B1 m. E/ ?1 m
A. Inventors./ J  [: [: h3 y
B. Consumers.( a9 j( ]/ R- A/ J2 C
C. Manufacturers.: K8 H7 w3 F8 n2 k
D. Traveling salesmen(巡回推销员). 8 r3 X  K( Q- V% y9 n
9. Which of the following phrases in Para.5 indicates the fridge's negative effect on the environment?    9 g( l/ q( N3 h4 {4 ]- L
A. "Hum away continuously". 2 k3 W6 g& T, w" O0 I1 ]
B. "Climatically almost unnecessary".* H9 C- n# H, g( z8 y% U' Z
C. "Artificially-cooled space".
" \/ j, z' N0 {* v" c. k D. "With mild temperatures". , ^& \' D  \; g- I! d  i! p0 ^
10. What is the author's overall attitude toward fridges?    . v7 ~  [" v/ o7 I4 Y
A. Neutral.# V" L/ }. Z5 s8 r6 y
B. Critical.) b9 O0 L6 b7 A
C. Objective.' o: f% v4 D; F3 p
D. Compromising. # U' j' W$ D; H8 S0 ~% E- w3 A7 [' ]
(3)
/ c: x% c# T( B3 `; r Not so long ago almost any student who successfully completes a university degree or diploma course could find a good career quite easily. However, those days are gone, even in Hong Kong, and nowadays graduates often face strong competition in the search for jobs.
2 @* m/ L- c% X, S$ I% g5 H8 @  Job seekers first have to make a careful assessment of their own abilities. One area of assessment should be of their academic qualifications, which would include special skills within their subject area. Graduates should also consider their own personal values and attitudes, or the relative importance to themselves of such matters as money, security, leadership and caring for others. 9 T: J8 N9 n; s  k; }+ s
  The second stage is to study the opportunities available for employment and to think about how the general employment situation is likely to develop in the future. After studying all the various options, they should be in a position to make informed comparisons between various careers.
) `6 X8 l7 H, h/ D% O0 t9 |4 S  Job application forms and letters should, of course, be filled in carefully and correctly, without grammar or spelling errors." \; q' Z! o3 w, k8 h5 W
  When graduates are asked to attend for interview, they should prepare properly by finding out all they can about the prospective employer. Dressing suitably and arriving for the interview on time are also obviously important. Interviewees should try to give positive and helpful answers and should not be afraid to ask questions about anything they are unsure about. This is much better than pretending to understand a question and giving an unsuitable answer.
) j, |, Q$ g0 A7 M' \  There will always be good career opportunities for people with ability, skills and determination; the secret to securing a good job is to be one of them.  - G4 p; N0 u6 X- i; h
11. In Para.1, the sentence "... those days are gone, even in Hong Kong ..." suggest that____________.   
) V" u2 v0 S, H4 g A. in the past, finding a good career was easier in Hong Kong than elsewhere
; t' B+ o) \" o% T; _- z B. nowadays, everyone in Hong Kong has an equal chance of finding a good career
9 w' `. d/ r3 C; Z C. it used to be harder to find a good job in Hong Kong than in other countries# z/ ?# Q+ F' `, L
D. Hong Kong is no longer the good place for finding jobs
8 R5 {- v: U$ e. T12. The word "relative" in Para. 2 could best be replaced by "____________".    / X9 ], X# f. i
A. family
: K2 [. I0 @4 G; o B. comparative2 b" g# j; @2 ?% O3 m, F7 c( h1 h
C. considerable
' w! [9 ^! d6 `6 L3 N2 J D. slight ' C1 R( Y4 P; G2 l
13. The advice given in the first sentence of Para.3 is to____________.   
0 Z3 P3 @$ a; S$ @7 j% U' w A. find out what jobs are available and the opportunities for future promotion
3 y7 R6 ]$ q# V! j  f/ ` B. examine the careers available and how these will be affected in the future
; p2 H! ?% N+ u) ^+ {# r0 a C. look at the information on, and probable future location of, various careers: j2 J& f$ S2 m( l6 [: j
D. study the opportunities and the kinds of training that will be available , @' Y: G  v# `( O6 K7 M: R% m$ F
14. The word "prospective" in Para. 5 is closest in meaning to "____________".    5 ~( k& {% b6 n# F0 P
A. generous
% p) N1 ^8 G" m) L B. reasonable
: }% C1 R, [& h, Q C. future. g* `% l7 `. I& t8 l' w
D. ambitious & }! b- r+ X0 `% V: v
15. In Para.5, the writer seems to suggest that____________.   
' i3 v; o! a* NA. interviewees should ask a question if they can't think of an answer& p  ?6 y, r9 m
B. pretending to understand a question is better than giving an unsuitable answer
7 M8 _) x4 B( k& T' uC. it is better for interviewees to be honest than to pretend to understand) e0 p: W* q- g/ P# d( M
D. it is not a good idea for interviewees to be completely honest in their answers  
2 y; x; V5 ^4 J! p' K) `8 M$ P参考资料:
" ?9 d6 s5 y: W8 O一、DCCAB  CDBAB   ABBCC
# y) G) ?. R6 F( d
# f* k6 l  `& X1 A' L7 @二、语法与词汇:40%
( ]) c6 d9 e; O! B1. All things________,the planned trip will have to be called off.
0 t8 |5 [3 ?. F# o' e% WA. considering              B. be considered   
$ r/ V" Z0 c4 k+ e" o3 NC. considered                          D. having considered- B1 Y9 Y& Y& N& X  }3 P
2. The speech________,a lively discussion started.
" T5 L/ W8 w3 z, ~6 t& h9 N1 AA. to be delivered                           B. was delivered3 x- ^4 c4 ^4 O: s- x
C. be delivered                  D. having been delivered
0 p. z$ J2 B: e7 j8 a# q5 g% `- j3. The temperature________,the chemical reaction is being speeded up.$ l2 s7 u* M% b! J+ o7 D0 o
A. raised   B. being risen   C. rising   D. raising' r* ^7 F7 J: Q/ `3 i5 g8 T
4. The country is faced with great problems,starvation________ the top of them.
$ n1 K5 v, A2 S  f; yA. has been      B. is       C. being      D. is being- a3 I; `1 |' q
5. That tree looked as if it______ for a long time.
+ |% v: w0 g  \6 {A. hasn’t watered                             B. hadn’t been watered
# @1 V$ t' M8 ZC. didn’t water                                     D. wasn’t watered6 f" Z5 l0 `7 K2 [- I: n7 t1 L
6. The young driver looked over the engine carefully lest it______ on the way.. j: Q9 A! m# }9 S; k
A. goes wrong                                            B. should go wrong
: D# K6 u; ^+ _. G, E' p2 W# t, t9 mC. went wrong                                            D. would go wrong6 E( ]0 D7 [! [" f
7. I’d rather you______ make any comment on the issue for the time being.3 U7 f- T* a- l
A. don’t                                B. wouldn’t    C. shouldn’t                        D. didn’t
$ g" j" D& T+ b, A: G/ t8. I wish I______ longer this morning,but I had to get up and come to class.
: a9 ~$ \' j2 u/ ^: \A. could have slept                          B. slept   
, F/ W  P5 f. _6 P! Q5 `& X4 X5 HC. might have slept                          D. have slept
9 \# v+ A7 j/ M9 O7 @* u9. ______we need more practice is quite clear.) L4 M$ |" f5 r! ]' A
A. What    B. That    C. Which    D. When
- \, N+ t9 A+ ?% k" A8 r10. ______you don’t like him is none of my business.: W) o' @- a5 ^* J/ u& v8 e
A. What    B. Who    C. That    D. Whether
9 _+ h! k7 Q+ F; z7 P. T  M11. Hans has a new car. I wonder when____________it.  % V4 ~3 d# t- I. C) V, G* g- N
A. he bought2 y+ p" J; Y* [% Q! h4 d" |$ C
B. did he buy
4 A! b* Y! D4 ~- eC. buys8 d. Y2 ^; }' |
D. he is buying
. [& I& B# v0 D  P  d12.I have not found my book yet. In fact, I'm not sure ____________ I could have done with it.  * w& H# m7 X1 f
A. if
' T% Y2 S, i+ B) p6 Z5 GB. whether
" O! i% M8 j- ?C. how& }) I) C1 |$ E* {2 G
D. what
4 d! G, ?: z+ Y3 S5 I6 o13.The reason I plan to go is ____________if I don't.  / z# D$ N. M5 q% `5 {7 d0 f
A. because she will be unhappy: ]/ b5 A* k+ L" @- ~( {! T
B. that she will be unhappy( L% m2 y* \4 _. z( z
C. what she will be unhappy
2 p1 |; u# q  K' `$ A" D3 J0 jD. for she will be unhappy ; M# ~& {: L3 V8 R6 K# K
14.The music was so loud. That's ____________he left the party so early.  4 o* E4 N. l7 j
A. how) |: _* E/ X/ _+ r2 L2 B8 `( G
B. why
8 l* X2 V4 K( j1 u* GC. what4 c% J" c, e# G* f2 V# _5 A
D. when
( ]2 C( f2 S1 a7 T9 Q15.Do you know ____________?  % m/ x/ w* e# J1 E9 M
A. when does the party start- C  W1 p0 |+ n6 \5 k$ G# O
B. whether the party starts
$ M! @0 h5 ?& L0 o3 c" F5 R9 m: dC. what time the party starts
3 p% `: c" V) D( rD. if the party starts
3 v9 J3 {- g* |1 H0 D3 K" v8 j16.I didn't remember his name____________after I had greeted him.  ( z3 ^) l9 o; ]( X  B3 f( Y, t
A. when# _) x; {5 A! M6 v0 }' i, H; d
B. as
$ ?# m& R8 |6 F9 V/ }C. until- w2 H- E/ y9 L5 C
D. while
8 W, S; ^1 N) |/ F17.The instruments of the older factory____________.  
( _7 j  l7 }* @A. is as good or better than the new one
. E9 ~/ [1 j; |+ FB. are as good or better than the new one
* b; |0 F. W& _1 r' {8 m% E3 ]/ SC. is as good as or better than those of the new one: w; o" W( J* G+ W0 E
D. are as good as or better than those of the new one & p# B# `. V# i! D' f0 k; E: @
18. ____________he works hard, I don't mind when he finishes the experiment.  " |* B8 H0 l1 j' K
A. As soon as8 u& o, _# d% e
B. As well as
: Q! [8 ?& g! Q+ ^$ E. Z! bC. So far as
7 }. w$ f4 Y) ?: F+ bD. So long as
7 z# ?: W' v7 g8 ?, H7 F' v% I( c, L. S19.We'll visit Europe next year ____________we have enough money.  : o; A* d3 e; r$ b6 j
A. provided3 @' g+ `1 X: Y3 [/ E. E$ C
B. unless
1 ^' d% S+ ~5 A: b! TC. until
* A9 v' n: {3 k0 L/ ED. lest 3 Z; n8 F1 c! c3 n
20.Most of the stones are____________ a man and weigh about two and a half tons each.  ; ?& B" v# E4 S3 m
A. more high
; R+ L: E0 B6 b# u0 x# R& \B. much more high
3 y5 v. {1 N; p0 z9 bC. higher more
8 b, D" Z) j- B( }D. higher than
6 [8 w, H  _1 _7 ?( I5 u参考资料:
% ~! m  e3 b9 G二、CDCCB   BDABC   CDDAD" i8 D+ u+ F( ]

+ C" l' v0 p; k4 D' ]$ |% J+ X5 e三、交际用语(此部分共有5个未完成的对话,针对每个对话中未完成的部分有4个选项,请你从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。) 10%% U* _- v" N3 D( ?3 y8 M, q
1. — I wonder if Julie will arrive at five thirty as she said this morning.
1 @/ f. ]6 C8 i' X— ________________________.' N4 Z$ [9 H& d' T, c; ]+ E0 s
A. I think so.                                B. She will be late.
7 u' Q7 U- A8 N0 ~3 ~/ V9 JC. I don’t know.                        D. Don’t worry. She always keeps her word.
- c1 O3 e& h$ w+ e& D" |* c. y2. — Mary,I heard you went skiing with your friends. What happened?
: Z# {6 {2 o" I— ___________________________.
  |  {! x+ ~' E* |9 m" n) {& o$ ]A. Well,I never learned skiing.               
2 \% v: R* c9 Q+ sB. I sprained my ankle and caught a bad cold.
/ A! E2 h6 ], a$ uC. Well,it’s difficult to imagine.      D. Nothing serious. ) P% R" Y/ u, z# O( ]
3.— Why are you interested in working for our company?
) v9 c; k8 [- d—____________    0 K8 T3 ^0 ^4 G1 |" }" j9 Y! _
A. Because I need to support my family.
4 L/ e& {% H- A+ c# u& Q4 HB. Because your company has a good reputation.  ?8 n1 ?$ ]: I1 b: N# C
C. Because I just graduated from university.5 ], o0 l7 P. ^
D. Because you can give me a high salary.  4 r1 k0 y8 C) x/ {8 T6 G6 D- a) Y
4. — Are you looking forward to going home for the summer?
8 \3 m0 Z* U2 _# }/ P—____________    # X5 D- Z- D& {5 M  R
A. Yes, I do.
0 O0 \: O+ Z# N6 k$ O) }" \8 wB. No, I don't.3 B+ t( j* W1 L" `
C. I'm counting the days.
8 U7 @. B( s6 @( I' k/ g- TD. I'm so worried about the final.  
% i+ H9 o* e7 G  b& j4 c$ B5. — How do you like the country life here so far?
) b. X2 f$ H- q  r8 b+ m9 P; |—____________   
- @" Z" [' v; `+ D A. There is nothing special.& {# ?( x) B6 z$ I+ Y$ r- D
B. It looks like boring.
1 y, S) p' e& E- | C. It's too far from the city.
* i; c& s5 f" n0 H# Y& X D. It's quite different from what I expected.
' G& }' R8 F: l. X# P  V参考资料:
7 }' {% P; i) p( X三、DBBCD
" e3 T/ |0 J& c; `' i9 F  o9 Y" {: }) W
四.英译汉:20%/ u7 d3 M/ x0 ^! `. `8 N9 V: W
Do some brainstorming about your expenses and how you could possibly cut back on them. It is wise to write them down on paper because it is less easy to dismiss them that way. For example, can you cut down on the amount of gas you use by taking public transportation? If you eat out often, consider making more meals at home. Examine your buying habits. Do you go shopping when you are depressed?
8 J6 w. o6 f- n  S6 j5 B) y参见课文译文  @2 a$ G' m% k
( 所有资料都必须写在答卷纸上,否则不给分)& x3 H; P% L3 w$ S* _7 E
3 W' R0 M: U* I2 k1 Z
5 y. v( v* `- J0 N! l1 ^
福师1108考试批次《大学英语(2)》复习题二及参考资料
  g, b. v$ K7 }% b6 `' q
8 c0 @* c& {) A+ X注:考试时间为100分钟,所有资料都必须写在答卷纸上,否则不给分
) Y7 ^2 ~0 @2 ?# Y  ]一、阅读:30%
8 U4 n. F! B/ A+ I* ] ( 1 )4 Q9 Q8 B$ t$ [! I! m; ^4 y; A
The case for college has been accepted without question for more than a generation. All high school graduates ought to go, says conventional wisdom and statistical evidence, because college will help them earn more money, become “better” people, and learn to be more responsible citizens than those who don’t go.
; m$ @5 N" ~( |5 @But college has never been able to work its magic for everyone. And now that close to half our high school graduates are attending, those who don’t fit the pattern are becoming more numerous, and more obvious. College graduates are selling shoes and driving taxi; college students interfere with each other’s experiments and write false letters of recommendation in the intense competition for admission to graduate school. Others find no stimulation in their studies, and drop out—often encouraged by college administrators.
/ f8 j9 ^5 Z/ `' v# }2 U2 @2 DSome observers say that the fault is with the young people themselves—they are spoiled and they are expecting too much. But that’s a condemnation of the students as a whole, and doesn’t explain all campus unhappiness. Others blame the state of the world, and they are partly right. We have been told that young people have to go to college because our economy can’t absorb an army of untrained eighteen-year-olds. But disappointed graduates are leaning that it can no longer absorb an army of trained twenty-year-olds, either.: h0 O- ~( e3 M* W
Some adventuresome educators and campus watchers have openly begun to suggest that college may not be the best, the proper, the only place for every young person after the completion of high school. Perhaps college doesn’t make people intelligent, ambitious, happy, liberal, or quick to learn things.
) M# P& a# n' S( l8 `& |1. The passage suggests that _______.
$ @5 f/ h1 j4 P$ @9 P8 [) `0 c  A. people used to question the value of education' M0 \) `3 W% J4 ^! h2 i: g
  B. people used to have full confidence in higher education: J, R3 Q; |) P3 V7 r
  C. all high school graduates went to college
) n* [( z5 @) Y! w4 }, |  D. very few high school graduates chose to go to college
# ^- N3 h2 W! M7 z: w8 }7 m2. In the second paragraph, “those who don’t fit the pattern” refers to _____.
. f/ S# d+ t+ v, W/ {& r  A. high school graduates who are not suitable for college education+ |% g. n4 c: }( l, l
  B. college graduates who are selling shoes and driving taxi& `9 I! R# K6 T+ P3 a  o% N
  C. college students who aren’t good for higher education0 u( W5 D5 w, v! V# s0 |
  D. high school graduates who failed to be admitted to college6 [' O3 Z3 U3 y/ y: K
3. The drop-out rate of college students seems to go up because _____.
$ u1 j' G/ M. Y* C  A. young people are disappointed with the conventional way of teaching, j7 c4 d! p' R, e' s
  B. many young people are required to join the army
7 o$ L3 m- r: q: X* ^2 c0 W  C. young people have little motivation in pursuing a higher education- e" ?  `1 U$ G/ ~( \3 [5 u
  D. young people don’t like the intense competition for admission to graduate school; l: A, G! ~" U4 w8 V, j# G9 E
4. According to the passage, the problem in college education partly arises from the fact that ______.! J+ O2 u8 ~) \4 ^3 y5 i8 p9 D. ~
  A. society can’t provide enough jobs for properly trained college students
6 t6 ^" }% y% g9 L0 r  B. high school graduates do not fit the pattern of college education! g  s2 a4 \( }' N. d8 c
  C. too many students have to earn their own living
% ~$ D$ L3 x8 \! L  x+ D( s  D. college administrators encourage students to work hard/ M. s4 W0 S/ e# [; m$ a0 d
5. What can we infer from the passage?
0 A2 B; @0 j/ c8 y2 O  A. Cheating in school is on the rise.
1 R! M8 I2 k7 U  e" T: G  B. Some people concerned challenge the traditional view that college is the best place for high school graduates.7 O+ X, J- c9 b3 p7 P$ \. i* v/ d
  C. College administrators should be responsible for the increasing number of drop-out.
9 K$ j! E6 i: @  D. College education is not the first choice for intelligent people.
& b2 u8 I1 M' ?5 w(2)- R3 ~* H9 R0 g. p( P% r) H* w
For any Englishman, there can never be any discussion as to who is the world's greatest dramatist (剧作家). Only one name can possibly suggest itself to him: that of William Shakespeare. Every Englishman has some knowledge, however slight, of the work of our greatest writer. All of us use words, phrases and quotations from Shakespeare's writings that have become part of the common property of the English-speaking people. Most of the time we are probably unaware of the source of the words we used, rather like the old lady who was taken to see a performance of Hamlet and complained that it was full of well-known proverbs and quotations.3 j. w" {3 X. ~9 T; e
Shakespeare, more perhaps than any other writer, makes full use of the great resources of the English language. Most of us use about five thousand words in our normal use of English; Shakespeare in his works used about twenty-five thousand./ |; n  h3 w$ e
There is probably no better way for a foreigner to appreciate the richness, and variety of the English language than by studying the various ways in which Shakespeare used it. Such a study is well worth the effort (it is not, of course, recommended to beginners) even though some aspects of English usage, and the meaning of many words,  have changed since Shakespeare's day./ P  V% B* d1 V3 \2 A
6. English people _______.# T2 S" _! m5 _$ t7 @$ }1 z
A. have never discussed who is the world's greatest dramatist
; ^3 O8 Y. P  u$ kB. never discuss any issue concerning the world's greatest dramatist
" s3 B0 f1 _6 z2 ~C. are sure who is the world's greatest dramatist
/ \/ Q2 {, f7 Z9 K* xD. do not care who is the world's greatest poet and dramatist  T5 G, G, O- c9 N/ H1 O
7. Every Englishman knows _______.
" {1 I+ a# i2 }* ]" R( R% o; iA. mote or less about Shakespeare   B. Shakespeare, but only slightly
7 [7 s5 E" Y+ M% @: jC. all Shakespeare's writings   D. only the name of the greatest English writer
- a) G7 Q- u* s9 O) R6 o2 B* E/ K, R8. Which of the following is true?
+ i, Z+ h7 i4 A) ^" f7 M. zA. We use all the words, phrases and quotations from Shakespeare's writings.
1 A( A4 g6 c& H, M; {( NB. Shakespeare's writings have become the property of those who are learning to speak English.
% E, X- @+ M' wC. It is likely to be true that people often do not know the origins of the words they use.. _7 r  M+ \: e2 {- w; W/ l
D. All the words people use are taken from the writings of Shakespeare.
3 o: _. Z2 X8 C; P$ L) S( n. ^1 ?) J9. What does the word "proverb" mean?
1 X& x2 q' |: B5 V$ T& NA. Familiar sayings.                    B. Shakespeare's plays.
% G) O" B' {2 l% Y1 `6 G& x1 Q4 BC. Complaints.                         D. Actors and actresses.8 |; T% S% o: f9 V- {! O
10. Why is it worthwhile to study the various ways in which Shakespeare used English?
$ s7 i  O. B. t" pA. English words have changed a lot since Shakespeare's time.1 M! `6 }* Q( [3 W
B. By doing so one can be fully aware of the richness of the English language.( Z; T: S2 q1 s$ \" _/ v; o
C. English words are now being used in the same way as in Shakespeare's time.
- f* d; `( w. N9 o* w8 X, hD. Beginners may have difficulty learning some aspects of English usage.9 I5 z, ^; i6 B- Q: c- N
(3)1 ?; ?7 U+ O' |6 c+ Q
    Although America is such a huge country, traveling is really very quick and easy. There are three ways to get across the country without a car:planes, trains and buses. Air travel is the most expensive of the three but in many ways the easiest and most comfortable. There are hundreds of flights a day crossing the country, and it is easy to make a reservation(预订). Traveling by train is cheaper than by airplane. But it costs more than by bus and there are few passenger(旅客)trains. On the trains there are dining cars and bars where meals are served quickly. If you are spending the night on the train you can pay for a "roomette" which is a small room with a bed and a toilet. The most inexpensive way to travel is by bus. There are fast bus services between cities, for example, the Greyhound Bus Service. You can buy special tickets that allow you unlimited travel for a certain period of time. In this way you can stop along the way to visit the places that interest you most.! Z0 V$ o3 c2 z& b
  If you need to travel long distances frequently, however, you'll have to decide which way is the most suitable for you. Hardly anyone can positively enjoy sitting in a train for more than a few hours. It is almost impossible to take your mind off the journey. Reading is only a partial solution. During the day, sleep comes in snatches(瞬间). At night, when you really wish to go to sleep, you rarely manage to do so. Inevitably you arrive at you destination almost exhausted. Long car journeys are even less pleasant, for it is quite impossible even to read. On motorways you can, at least, travel safely at high speeds, but the greater part of the journey is spent on narrow, bumpy roads that are crowded with traffic.) k; \& E! s5 @: w# c. A' i
  By comparison, trip by sea offers a great variety of civilized comforts. You can stretch your legs on the spacious decks(甲板),play games, swim, meet interesting people and enjoy good food. However, if the sea is rough, you are likely to get seasick. Even if you travel in ideal weather, sea journeys take a long time.  9 L, D; L  \. v* t
11. If you want to travel easily and comfortably, you should choose to go____________.   
( s% I5 ?& f) P A. by sea
0 A  u, ^0 P' e9 H  ^, F4 x! p( O B. by plane
. b1 M9 }9 {7 R% J, ?, p C. by train* `) P% V% Q9 ]8 i. W$ U  w
D. by bus
3 \/ ]$ W6 {, n3 a, d8 H$ M7 w- u12. Compared with air travel, traveling by train____________.    8 p& N6 i0 @" \) o
A. is cheap but comfortable7 P( x, [6 Q% K! a3 P* k4 o; P
B. is not so easily available& h  U. d8 v6 P( x2 v( K5 o  x" F
C. offer better and quicker meals: s0 {5 J6 v" z9 C) ]
D. requires you to pay for a "roomette"
/ r) r. R8 e: h; q& W+ R6 w) i, j# G13. Which of the following is the advantage of bus service?   
) f; B8 ~6 R5 B1 ^ A. It's the cheapest and least comfortable way of traveling.# b6 ~, ~4 [6 G  a
B. It allows passengers to travel between different cities.
# y0 J. A3 Y3 {- D+ I9 d+ g( n( h C. It sells special tickets that make it convenient for passengers to take.* M7 u" Y9 A. W( {# C3 N  Y  J8 H
D. It travels safely at high speeds. ! U9 M8 a$ z5 P) U9 A
14. The second paragraph mainly talks about____________.   
' r% n4 g- u8 Q0 i7 x2 I+ m* @ A. the way of traveling you had better choose* ?( T" A0 L/ T0 E! ]
B. what you can do on your journey to kill the time7 x* m' }- b, }! P- r
C. reading and sleep on your journey when you travel by train and by bus" r0 s( k. P' W2 A% ?! A
D. the disadvantages of traveling by train and by bus  
8 X  w' s1 K3 W: @! n15. Which of the following is NOT mentioned about trip by sea?    - [3 l) g; e" V2 D
A. You can find more space to stretch yourself.2 W% |7 N* C1 d( k3 v7 x
B. You have different choices to enjoy yourself.& _/ V! D1 E- r: k, c  @
C. You should have enough time and prepare for seasickness.
1 z5 N3 r5 m6 [. y D. You should never travel in bad weather.
2 Y% h, y% m* L# L9 S( {: b4 ]参考资料:
* i$ p9 B. J& K, i7 l' D一、AACAB  CACAB   BBCDD1 _& h: _, p8 P* {) o

' ]2 b! y! Y4 |5 j3 o2 Z2 `) d- y8 V; ~+ f0 ?* M4 u
二、语法与词汇:40%
6 ?( u- {3 C9 @1 E8 e* u! @/ P1. E-mail, as well as telephones, _____an important part in daily communication.
- L% I. U$ G) S$ k( s( ^( bA. is playing      B. have played       C. are playing      D. play
4 x' ^- n. _2 k6 U2. Either John or his friends ________ to blame for the bad results.
- p; B) B9 y5 oA. are         B. is            C. was            D. has been
3 g9 ?4 n+ o) Z  P6 T' X3. The conductor and composer ________ by a crowd of people." G. u( J, v! [- V5 h
A. are greeted     B. is greeted     C. greets    D. have been greeted
  g0 q8 O2 p; G! G7 e2 M  p4. — The trousers ________ you well, madam.
( g; x) j2 w7 G& Z— But the color ________ me.
1 Y+ F0 M1 Y+ l. z, n3 uA. fit ... don’t suit                   B. fits ... doesn’t suit
% y7 k7 _4 Y2 B, B; Q% ?% T+ rC. fits ... don’t suit                   D. fit ... doesn’t suit
) b% E9 s4 t$ V# {8 P# O8 f5. The Smith’s family, which ______ rather a large one, ______ very fond of their old house.% |) {  @1 q6 C( a
A. were ... were    B. was ... were    C. were ... was    D. was ... was1 W0 |4 b+ a8 C! V
6. — What was his performance like?   z5 m+ C. B/ a" ~
  — Oh, it couldn’t have been________.
5 @- k4 x# j, `A. much wonderful          B. more wonderful
2 ^8 y# Y3 P, d) t" WC. less wonderful           D. the most wonderful7 M5 K) L' P$ S* K! |
7. The patient isn’t out of danger. He is _____ than how he was yesterday.
4 G2 J4 g7 ?0 ]  R& R& h   A. no better     B. worst     C. not worse     D. not more
" }) V* J  {! h! a7 \2 X  F) t" V1 |8. Liu Fang studies much better than ________ student in his class. , h5 E& G/ ^) w& n6 q
A. any       B. any other      C. the other       D. other" Y; L; g* W$ X( `7 o* l& }
9. This year the farmers have produced twice ____ grain ____they did last year.  r* k) H& ~2 n! {/ T0 D5 {9 L
  A. as less ... as           B. fewer ... than     
( [4 j' ]# n7 KC. as much ... as          D. as many ... as( A2 y' J+ ]5 n% m; a/ x5 W0 b- `0 x
10. Rather than ______ to see the film he would prefer ______ stay at home.
7 e; Y9 {& D2 A3 N$ b2 XA. go ... to     B. to go ... to     C. went ... to    D. would go ... to/ l) I8 I. E) s$ R1 V
11.He told me the news____________our team had won the game.  
" K; J: c; E( ]. RA. about
" S. d' U5 q1 H, N7 h. k6 d; PB. of
1 k8 ~. m' P. s/ [' W# ~* D- g8 @C. As
2 ]7 P; ~# Z/ h4 B2 V& c# PD. that , {  J& k/ e: }$ c/ Z
12.It makes no difference to me ____________he will come or not.  
. `! Y: a6 f8 @! G6 ~% P' ~% L( PA. how
4 x- k( s3 R2 F0 V6 z) [% ?B. why
2 r2 O! p+ I. ~7 lC. when
, n7 Z/ k( B- y8 UD. whether : o+ D: J0 l7 v5 h
13.____________is unknown to me.  5 n5 u/ t2 ~3 G6 @& p# Z
A. Where he is
, b: _7 h9 C5 w- k" _$ tB. Where is he
5 T  Z8 L* C4 Y, ]. MC. He is where
/ p; k$ Q+ r4 a: ?) h3 DD. Is he where
( S" G2 ^( r: \( N) O+ E" y14.No one was aware____________Jane had gone.  
: D7 O& u/ p$ n8 dA. where that
4 i2 ~1 k& R) \6 [4 C+ uB. of the place
) m" y9 y4 {3 ^  K9 eC. of where
: G' C! k9 n: SD. the place
! H, D3 X& S* l0 n. W# g15.I wonder how many years ago____________.  
% O, i! U  B0 S. Y  YA. did your father retire " s3 ]: y+ `2 R# M
B. your father retired
, c; @. `6 {8 {: u# PC. has your father retired; j2 N* b8 D# Y0 D% c0 C5 }
D. your father has retired
& L0 p% o6 E7 R, i6 O* ]7 a1 u16. Mrs. Lee will move into her new house next Monday, ____________it will be completely furnished.  - S5 N* O( S. o
A. by that time
& ]; N& i' A' LB. by the time& a4 d3 @2 v( u. s( J2 m; x
C. by which time0 d5 z' h2 ~; l, B
D. by some time
; P( q' F) a/ @17.The village____________my mother grew up in is not far from the city.  
) a( ~) \# E! D/ U( }; I4 S: \! lA. what& v0 ]5 `* |8 h% V" x/ ?8 l& f  w- v
B. where
% m% T/ @- k: s8 GC. which4 M8 ~: k& ?5 C9 d- n
D. wherever 1 W; N; j% I4 b( P! J: u
18.The company official ____________ I thought would be fired received a raise.  
$ |6 l, h( ]  d8 wA. whom
  T$ O% P' {8 z$ \! dB. whoever$ N$ T9 Q' H$ M' P
C. who
& k% z2 D: S! w! ]3 W( u2 A3 e' X/ _3 @D. which
0 U* F( P. A, a, g0 g19.The machine is such ____________I have never seen before.  5 i7 Z7 J$ S& t( B% ]4 f
A. what
8 ?- h- l4 l& |& g& a. mB. as
$ d0 l& @- J  m0 v' wC. when
2 `; i7 w$ X/ T4 t. mD. where
. y4 C' U- @8 J, z1 R3 u. h$ e2 ?20.The International Studies University, ____________in 1951, is a military academy.  
" }1 z2 }- e1 J: z. V1 B1 zA. founded
0 Y; Y! P, i, I; EB. has been founded
5 O, c5 H$ f5 `3 j, a  {C. to have been founded1 d% O$ z4 {# |1 ?
D. was founded . @- i6 _2 z7 r; M& b: f
参考资料:* i1 B) c3 s5 k: F
二、AABDB  BABCA   DDACB   CCCBA/ {& `9 f" E) D! K$ J

# }! D" _6 h. g$ n三、交际用语(此部分共有5个未完成的对话,针对每个对话中未完成的部分有4个选项,请你从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。) 10%: l# B5 f7 W: ^0 a3 B* I
1. — Cherry,would you mind looking after my cat for a few days when I go on business?
, y! F/ l; u9 j! M/ ?— __________________________.. ?  l$ A4 `  M# d5 ^0 H
A. No,I do mind.                                        B. No,I don’t think it a good idea.
- v' s' A8 [) T& U6 w/ CC. Of course not!                                   D. I’m not used to it.
) k8 G4 R1 j; a& ]! Y2 g" C+ M4 E2. — You’d better take the umbrella with you. It looks like it’s going to rain.
1 N1 z) X1 l- {5 u- N; Z— ____________________________.' \3 h* w3 m8 W6 P! G; e; ~0 K  r) ]
A. It’s hard to believe.                B. You may be right. Thank you for reminding me.$ U1 b" G8 B/ u# e! ~
C. It’s quite unusual.                               
! B* s% j# i6 [( d! M( ID. I think you are too sensitive.
% y! ]$ y, Y0 G, p3.— Why are you interested in working for our company?
5 ?2 h( F- |$ i& Z# Y—____________    7 G1 `" D# W% s# J( i& c! J
A. Because I need to support my family.
8 U' u4 y4 k6 u" O3 c) s  q6 MB. Because your company has a good reputation.
9 ~) j3 {2 K% ?# ^+ XC. Because I just graduated from university.
% u# Z% K8 `2 e! k8 i+ Y9 PD. Because you can give me a high salary.  
' }1 S2 c2 I4 Q' w- D8 c4. — Are you looking forward to going home for the summer?
; a+ Q! m0 W# w4 @—____________    + u6 _9 Z4 u0 E3 _2 [+ j+ i+ Y
A. Yes, I do.
9 r3 F& m+ U$ I" b* n5 @B. No, I don't.
% d: ]# B" A. x/ C7 o# WC. I'm counting the days.$ N$ B& `/ B/ R4 g2 a
D. I'm so worried about the final.  8 P7 z  k1 v; W3 }
5. — How do you like the country life here so far?/ d8 o$ j/ c! n6 A" Q! p& O2 T. R# L
—____________    7 J6 {- s% n4 W% O  S6 M
A. There is nothing special.
9 W8 e' P9 z8 E* Q B. It looks like boring.
$ r: X: u$ }" t1 M( {( w! @7 ` C. It's too far from the city.
( j' N+ {6 J$ |. L2 K% [/ h6 C2 c& X D. It's quite different from what I expected.
; |& i) a' Z+ F: d" V. [参考资料:
7 N$ K  q; \( O9 J% S# j三、ABBCD. R0 X$ W  e/ d8 D
0 v1 K: X9 j% }6 b7 C, f; Z
6 }. F3 {  W4 N  r" z: k/ b2 F
四.英译汉:20%
0 C6 A0 S4 _. T6 WThe first step to solve air pollution is assessment. Researchers have investigated outdoor air pollution and have developed standards for measuring the type and amount of some serious air pollutants. Scientists must then determine how much exposure to pollutants is harmful. Once exposure levels have been set, steps can be taken to reduce exposure to air pollution. These can be accomplished by regulation of man-made pollution through legislation. Many countries have set controls on pollution emissions for transportation vehicles and industry.
+ N9 j9 h* @$ [  参见课文译文( I2 \4 Q+ J9 a" D9 ~* e
( 所有资料都必须写在答卷纸上,否则不给分)% b4 J" o# V' T: O

, }+ Y( m" N! p* l福师1108考试批次《大学英语(2)》复习题三及参考资料
* S. ]& S8 p& {1 f一、阅读:30%( h( @" o7 K, ~) z
(1). ~. ^0 v; Y/ @  y& x
  Ask three people to look out the same window at a busy street corner and tell you what they see. Chances are that you will receive three different answers. Each person sees the same scene, but each perceives something different about it.- s1 K7 d, O2 D8 k4 |4 W3 T
  Perceiving goes on in our minds. Of the three people who look out the window, one may say that he sees a policeman giving a motorist a ticket. Another may say that he sees a rush-hour traffic jam at the intersection. The third may say that he sees a woman trying to cross the street with four children in tow. For perception is the mind’s interpretation of what the senses — in this case our eyes — tell us.! k4 r3 d; d6 r& g6 w7 r
  Many psychologists today are working to try to determine just how a person experiences or perceives the world around him. Using a scientific approach, these psychologists set up experiments in which they can control all of the factors. By measuring and charting the results of many experiments, they are trying to find out what makes different people perceive totally different things about the same scene.    X5 \8 ]% u3 N& {* |0 i5 V+ a0 q" x
1.What does the passage mainly tell us?   
( F: I4 ]) u$ k7 A- ? A. Perceiving has nothing to do with seeing.7 R( e" ^. L2 Y/ j* ]% s: g9 c4 Q
B. Perceiving differs from seeing., F. @- _- d/ V/ A- u6 l) B/ ^" b& O
C. Seeing is closely connected to perceiving.
- X- u% k2 e: H5 z" l$ c/ [2 [ D. Seeing has much to do with perceiving.
( c4 Z' z( K4 o  e# ~2.The phrase "with four children in tow" in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to "____________".   
, ^5 U; k) ]5 V6 n" l A. with four children following closely behind her" s& u7 l- \7 D) l
B. with four children tied to each other with a rope
6 |4 c# ^) v& R% q C. with four children dragging a rope held by her
2 H$ D; d3 p8 h) F6 ~ D. with four children dragged in a small cart
( s6 W) M) i/ _' M4 [5 g) p# e3.According to the passage, perceiving is an action ____________.   
6 ?, P2 i5 T( n; w# R/ X$ ] A. that tells us information through our eyes ! i% X2 ^) g3 v# C4 S" U: a! D
B. that gives us senses in the mind
5 P  O$ m1 Y% L8 f. i9 U& Z C. that explains what our senses tell us
9 s  h+ X! [8 X: a D. that makes our mind different / o# G" u) K8 A% I% N1 F# g" ^
4.The psychologists are trying to draw their conclusion____________.   
0 p/ c6 g8 F4 O1 V A. by asking different people to tell how they perceive the same scene  K( Z$ R0 D1 i
B. by using a scientific approach in setting up their experiments8 \5 l) |; Y/ G& T0 g; S/ r9 |
C. by determining how a person experiences the world around him* B& B# o$ b0 ^' ?3 k) P( d
D. by measuring and charting the results of many experiments
4 b% g' f. ^8 j7 J# h5. Which of the following statements is NOT true?   
7 g9 [0 H7 K1 y, a6 v8 r2 ]A. Different people may perceive the same scene in a different way.
% X( V! F( z9 p& gB. That a policeman gives a motorist a ticket means the motorist is fined.1 z4 l8 r8 q( [* m# `+ H0 ]* P
C. No people share the same perception when they are asked to see the same scene.
1 X% \3 S! T( j  E3 p+ S7 G9 c9 bD. The psychologists can control all of the factors in their experiments.  
9 z  h0 Q+ w. \(2)
5 X/ D$ F1 g8 O2 `  The average family spends about one-sixth of its income on food. Because food is expensive, it is important to spend money wisely when you shop. Here are some hints to help you shop better.
- u8 L# r4 v. W6 k: \  Buy only the food that you need. There are several ways to avoid buying extra food. First, make a shopping list before you go to the store. Then when you are at the store, follow your list carefully. Furthermore, do not go shopping if you are hungry. When you are hungry, food looks very delicious and you want to buy more than you need. Finally, go shopping alone if you can. If you shop with young children, they often ask you to buy unnecessary food like candy.; \& |0 p' p* ~! m( I/ Z
  When you have a selection, choose the least expensive brand of a product. There are three points to remember when you buy a can of tomatoes, for example. First, look at the advertisements in the newspaper to see if your supermarket is having a special on canned tomatoes. In addition, when you are in the store you should check the price per pound of tomatoes. Sometimes you save money if you buy the larger size can; sometimes, however, you do not. Remember that a grade A product or a more expensive product is not necessarily more healthful than a grade B or less expensive product. Grade A tomatoes may look better, but all canned tomatoes have the same nutrients.6 x3 p. |+ ^" x& g+ Z* L' j+ B
  Shoppers seem to have special difficulties when they buy fresh fruits and vegetables. There are several things to consider when buying fresh foods. Because fresh foods spoil if not used, you have to buy the correct amount for the number of people you are serving. Remember that a pound of peas in their pod is only two to three servings, but a pound of string beans is enough for six servings. In addition, plan to use fresh foods that are in season because fresh foods are generally less expensive when they are in season. Finally, choose fruits and vegetables that have a bright, fresh color. A good color is often a sign that the food has a lot of vitamins. Careful shoppers try to get as many nutrients as they can for each dollar.  
. I2 i" P& m1 t9 E6. The passage mainly tells us____________.    . f: K- q1 P/ y5 ?. s/ \' W
A. how to be a good housekeeper
& B+ N3 T. x- D# j  W9 [, y0 c# RB. how to get more nutrients with less money# G/ d% U9 c: n5 P+ I) Y
C. how the average family should spend its money/ {% Y# }4 q2 P, ?& Z- d; }/ X
D. how to spend money wisely on food  5 u* ~  h/ F2 r& G% M9 U# ?' ?
7.The disadvantage of going shopping when one is hungry is that____________.   
" k( `* j7 S% g) y2 W A. one will have a better appetite8 x$ x% H" a. A& {! q% h
B. one will like delicious food more. L  ^' ?, x# G; F. r9 p/ e
C. one will buy more food than one can eat
# S- V) K, \) C  K3 H( R1 y  V D. one will buy unnecessary food like candy 2 D  @4 b& {! h+ o, {  j
8.If you are not sure which to choose because there are different brands of the same food, remember____________.    ' I- K. D4 ^3 y: z
A. to look for a discount on canned tomatoes
% z7 h9 J0 H$ ~( L B. to check the price per pound of tomatoes
9 y6 n: N0 V  A- v/ ^ C. to buy the larger size to save money
/ z7 V& k2 F3 R; V D. that the more expensive does not necessarily do more good to health
5 H7 v6 G7 [7 W' H9.When one buys fresh fruits and vegetables, all the following should be avoided EXCEPT____________.    9 R* i) R& {$ {1 ]" C  [
A. paying more attention to nutrition than to price3 c" G: A: u+ z0 Y- Z+ i
B. buying a larger amount of fruits and vegetables than necessary" r0 |7 i& W: `; q* c' Q
C. preferring fresh fruits and vegetables that are out of season/ y+ @" @9 t- d8 @
D. choosing fruits and vegetables that do not look bright , o, f1 f) q. O1 M' z
10.According to the author, vegetables and fruits that are in season____________.   
  C3 K2 ~* M4 G$ k5 I A. are easy to spoil
4 {( a: B- w2 d4 ?1 P- v B. are cheap and easily available
) H  g  Q8 J4 ?# d  d C. have a bright, fresh color- M7 p$ X! v4 F0 h  q" `
D. have enough vitamins and nutrients
2 o( y, e* W2 P. y
" ?2 i* @6 y5 Q) n. H( n, }3 f(3)
6 b% L& z! ^9 n$ `8 s5 A  Like many of my generation, I have a weakness for hero worship. At some point, however, we all begin to question our heroes and our need for them. This leads us to ask: What is a hero?9 Z. N* \* Y2 n1 [
  Despite huge differences in cultures, heroes around the world generally share a number of characteristics that instruct and inspire people.
' _" B) ?/ V$ \( a  A hero does something worth talking about. A hero has a story of adventure to tell and a community who will listen. But a hero goes beyond mere fame. . S& ]3 m7 t6 ]& b, w+ m5 y
  Heroes serve powers or principles larger than themselves. Like high-voltage transformers (变压器), heroes take the energy of higher powers and step it down so that it can be used by ordinary people.
0 w1 R5 R; f3 n8 q  The hero lives a life worthy of imitation. Those who imitate a genuine hero experience life with new depth, enthusiasm, and meaning. A sure test for would-be heroes is what or whom do they serve? What are they willing to live and die for? If the answer or evidence suggests they serve only their own fame, they may be famous persons but not heroes. Madonna and Michael Jackson are famous, but who would claim that their fans find life more meaningful?   w6 c$ X% r9 I1 F. }
  Heroes are catalysts (催化剂) for change. They have a vision from the mountaintop. They have the skill and the charm to move the masses. They create new possibilities. Without Gandhi, India might still be part of the British Empire. Without Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr., we might still have segregated (隔离的) buses, restaurants, and parks. It may be possible for large-scale change to take place without leaders with attractive personalities, but the pace of change would be slow, the vision uncertain, and the committee meetings endless.  
, H- r  P" J& y7 Q( x7 q# s5 _+ a11.What does the first sentence "Like many of my generation, I have a weakness for hero worship." in the first paragraph mean?    9 w7 \+ [  }$ v- A4 o9 U
A. Many of my generation and I are not strong enough to be heroes.2 ~4 Q* |6 e) ~- f2 C& R  Z. Y3 c. t& M
B. Many of my generation and I are too weak to worship heroes.
$ H  v* c: I9 E& W$ a2 }* o! t C. Many of my generation and I do not worship heroes.
/ f5 f9 W$ ^$ L$ ~# g+ u D. Many of my generation and I worship heroes.
& S( H6 B* f; P' a3 Q0 J12. Which of the following is NOT one of heroes' characteristics?    * z! |3 B0 V+ O" B% {; o% k
A. Doing something worth talking about.6 B+ c  T; D$ U/ m
B. Having a story of adventure to tell.. k- _! A* J* B' ~
C. Listening to the opinions of his community." U8 M( u$ L) v8 H. G$ ~
D. Serving powers or principles larger than themselves.
/ G% `) w9 j& p/ H13.According to the fourth paragraph, in what sense are heroes like high-voltage $ t! ~: U7 ~4 R; T* K9 R4 X
transformers?    ' l1 R; W. O1 C  b: R5 b- a0 U% l( M! c
A. They instruct and inspire different cultures with their deeds.
- b$ ~/ {. Y6 \" ~! S. s2 _/ q( D B. They set very good examples for ordinary people to follow.
1 G2 K: x) ^' h3 T$ O8 f% T C. Their characteristics give ordinary people strength and confidence.3 {4 o1 p, h5 O1 j/ n
D. They receive high energy and transform it into heroic action. - S( t$ g. \& w* R6 i& B5 y
14.In which of the following aspects famous people are different from heroes?    7 h# D" m! h. V
A. Heroes go beyond mere fame.4 W: y" W- x, B7 o
B. Famous people serve only their own fame., ]: R2 ^% K) Q, m: C$ Q0 C
C. They are willing to live different lives.
8 S/ ^0 d% V; X4 I D. Both A and B.
$ E  Y) Y: h) z15. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that____________.   
& }; m! S* ^: b" i- N A. heroes quicken the speed of historical changes4 Z$ L- A* V  @& Y6 r9 t$ r6 F3 o
B. heroes change possibilities into reality8 r, v# E0 W3 Q# B3 {; C! h. \
C. historical changes are impossible without heroes7 {6 |3 [3 Y7 \7 S3 G" _$ x
D. heroes with attractive personalities will certainly bring about large-scale change ' A! y$ ]" A' D) n5 Y

1 x: p* d7 R# N9 a参考资料:* x0 I  m# L0 o: B/ p- F! ]
一、BACDC  DCDAB  DCCDA  % P+ r/ }3 a4 A

* ^7 i9 w! i) u% `二、语法与词汇:40%
, h* m) t$ p/ q1.Can you find out ____________her pen?  
- j; ^8 o' I4 F4 e4 NA. where Alice had put
1 |3 f7 x2 ?" k8 bB. where had Alice put
/ E0 {- ^% o; [& J. q3 @  A4 l2 [C. where Alice has put
1 T6 S" i: q1 G( lD. where has Alice put 7 Z" K3 q4 D+ q. o; D
2.You can't imagine____________when they received these gifts.  
" y0 g* ?8 O% g* d( `A. how they were excited+ m  J" I9 Y* T* N  e* @
B. how excited they were
: K2 ?6 E$ u3 ^5 }/ rC. how excited they have
. ]$ v2 K( e7 C& a8 rD. they were how excited  6 t9 w. H/ |8 X! R
3.I will give this book to____________wants to have it.  
4 w1 S4 g; y1 r& S2 A6 \# Q  UA. whomever
0 _7 m) g" E- s8 _. }8 X8 ^3 v2 HB. whoever& I& K7 m5 i6 @! s
C. whatever6 x( Z: z8 A( y, o( h/ E
D. wherever
# o- f4 Z8 ?- F* U0 t9 v$ t: W4.I doubt____________he will lend you the book.  
& H: v/ C+ A3 J5 W4 V, T* oA. whether2 q' D- T, G( j3 O( f7 c, X( T0 C
B. when5 ]* }. I! M; l0 _9 d" w* z$ N
C. that
+ Z" ~( S* ~) W6 b% V/ I9 VD. which 9 \9 V# {2 E, U/ X8 S4 z
5.We must do well____________the boss assigns us to do.  
: f! X, m. ^. t/ n( u8 iA. that6 |& _! n- G2 @+ W0 P. q3 ?1 Q
B. whatever
7 L  v, V7 ^* e% C$ H  I& N) ZC. whichever
: O- i& o, t5 T1 W" SD. those
( w/ ~6 M- n% T' X4 J6.Word has come____________some guests from Canada will visit our school.  ) ~' f7 @; U0 `
A. what
# N9 P3 j! u. }1 tB. that( q2 t0 x9 g  N* y
C. whether & Q! }6 F) E1 R& @% o2 m8 {
D. when
$ O1 Y+ s7 V8 x: h2 j7.____________the old man's sons wanted to know was ____________the gold had been hidden.  
1 R1 N6 C8 T7 O: V6 y3 NA. That ... what, d1 U4 H, i# p! c, W' Y. R* h
B. What ... where
6 S- q0 U- l. |" {# \C. What ... thatD( ^( \, ~2 ]  s/ o$ ?% U- }
. That ... where
) @3 ?9 @5 z6 Z8.The crime was discovered till 48 hours later,____________gave the criminal plenty of time to get away.  
" m0 h+ q: e! U+ ?- PA. which
, o( H6 q) Z/ U' f8 B" w4 YB. that' U6 a; e! G" T( l1 x8 Z+ Y$ f
C. so
/ {. P8 C1 H7 A, R. bD. what
4 G1 b0 e+ U! y4 p1 B9.A good many proposals were raised by the delegates,____________was to be expected.  - E9 `3 t; \0 h7 T0 @' N4 G0 @
A. that
' b! l9 C% s: F9 e1 _, E0 X% YB. what
5 B) ]3 p( K) l  k. E* t1 ?C. so, |5 g* k( w. n1 V; ]( {- P
D. as
4 p1 j* d9 g+ _) G9 K7 `/ W10. A student, ____________ name I don't know, came to see me.  
: P: R" W$ a. U0 QA. that- c* H8 E# n; o
B. who$ l! C+ ]; W; a" f/ y" `4 |7 U+ z
C. whose
$ _/ q' K. M# q; p) f5 }D. whom
( Z1 g8 Y( a' A11.The time will come ____________ man can fly____________ he likes in the universe.  0 ^/ m& `2 j! R$ v
A. how ... where5 _  k. c, M6 i2 F, P2 [6 L6 J
B. when ... wherever8 K' O0 m" {# ?$ x; M
C. where ... where
, n* O# W: j# u7 f( n- LD. what ... which : \/ N9 l9 b+ N" c7 O
12.Is this museum ____________you visited a few days ago?  
; w0 ^, a. t7 i' P7 e, [0 aA. where
0 e+ b; C2 G2 E: b+ {8 r" }B. that& J3 K: Y( \2 }1 W
C. on which
9 z5 B4 ~0 p" m$ N+ eD. the one ; o1 Q3 u6 X, H
13.He told me how he had given me shelter and food without which I ____________of hunger.  
: O& z& N9 g+ E: v+ Y; g! s& tA. would have died 2 @6 ^1 N1 n3 R  p; q! L- _5 h
B. would die
% j$ H/ `/ X/ ]# k3 I' q: ?* i: NC. would be died $ U! H0 d- ]% m' ~$ }: N: T. Z! J
D. will die # b+ F& ^  a& h8 e% K
14. ____________he is absent, what shall we do?  ; k0 J/ v" B( b
A. Now that( N* w; [- g3 [6 ~
B. Seeing that
4 H& R5 O9 W; ~/ d7 y. q% XC. Whether) w$ s. [& \" A0 A% }' m$ F+ ^
D. Supposing that
9 c& `6 p1 p* g, Y: K15.____________the door than somebody started knocking on it.  7 ?8 f+ Z! y5 E" B6 F1 I
A. I had closed no sooner
  u1 O/ |: ~; l( Y* X, U0 e, t+ WB. No sooner had I closed
4 {. h6 ^. |4 V' pC. I had no sooner closed
) F" o6 m( q7 C' \* o9 LD. No sooner I close 5 I$ i2 J5 D: ?2 P8 U
16.Either of these young ladies____________perfectly qualified to teach Greek, Latin and French.  
! C8 g: R3 [# K3 RA. were) }& W! e+ E/ V% o3 V4 q2 s# K
B. are0 `# v+ a$ h/ e9 z$ ^2 S
C. is8 H( p# a; e7 `  P& i. C
D. have been 7 }! \4 [& p0 P$ X( o- e7 w6 Q
17. Large quantities of water ____________cooling purposes.  & F" n5 P# o' ?: {6 m
A. are needed for. ~: ~' x# b; P
B. is needed to
5 m2 R0 V& ~1 q4 H3 pC. are need to9 @7 v, E4 P1 ~' o: `# G' f. Q
D. is need for
, H' a# ~- W. Q2 @$ \3 B# _% T18. Copper as well as most metals ____________.  
' O' l( _$ }# z  I& @A. is a good conductor
; _0 H0 Y; f, ~/ o& N1 r9 LB. is a good insulator
( i2 q4 u/ ]6 LC. are good conductors
( ~8 \7 N8 R9 d, a& F+ \D. are good insulators 0 L2 t( L# ?! h# \" X) x0 G/ ~+ l
19.There used to be some trees by the lake, ____________?  
2 U1 F+ n7 e+ r5 L, A1 SA. was there  f$ C7 C9 a9 i, Z5 a( w% |( O& \  [2 v
B. were there
) V' @. }( }8 p1 v. _! S, f0 Y$ EC. weren't there
6 D+ i/ j! C. n- c+ fD. wasn't there
( ^5 z, C) [& i20. War and peace ____________a constant theme in the history of the world.  
2 ]1 K( m+ y  @7 RA. is( ^$ m# \1 U) m/ m4 z* N
B. are/ q2 h9 w  w7 K* Y# {$ A5 @" W
C. have been4 i9 Y/ o9 W3 `) j  R
D. has been ( d7 g; H: Y  ]( J

6 p: N& x' T: _) c参考资料:4 y! G, ?! i0 p& F; X& I8 n
二、CBBAB  BBADC  BDAAB   CBACA; I; r# C; {; Q( _4 F! r

1 k: L9 g2 V$ c$ S3 Y3 J5 ?/ q/ w三、交际用语(此部分共有5个未完成的对话,针对每个对话中未完成的部分有4个选项,请你从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。) 10%
, B4 w+ l7 b1 w) Z  M/ O7 V5 w9 H# j" E" d1. — Are you from Italy?
2 e; s, z1 f9 i4 \7 W$ E$ }—____________   0 w5 S' D3 e; J
A. Yes, we are.2 a. h8 \2 w9 _! l3 L5 K4 @- G
B. No, we don't.* s/ z: V, ~. I1 h2 V% g
C. No, I don't.
2 K* n! e6 T( u1 ? D. No, we won't. : L! w% o$ u8 D$ s6 J
2. — What do you do?
0 z& R) U  I  G—____________  
. p4 A, }9 l1 B( `1 J' o: z A. What do you do?
3 h1 c8 ]: x& x B. Fine, thank you.
  F) w8 L+ W# ^% J+ g6 A9 m C. I'm a college student.
0 D' w# A' Q3 t3 S4 ]/ d5 r D. I do well in my studies.
) h1 c# P: ?% ^1 `5 f3.—Do you think this is a nice place?
/ l4 k/ e" m9 N7 ]0 \# d4 F, u' h—____________    E( e" T6 Z# b3 n* y9 S, u
A. That's right.2 V  D: I' P5 g3 \) J# ?' d4 Y
B. You're right.! @  q. m- Q$ l5 E& K' |
C. No, it's not here.9 A% S, x) q8 m. z
D. Yes, I think so.
2 T( j* j! O, h! [3 J, U4.—How's your mother doing?
- B( ?+ q" \9 N' P1 a( C3 \' I  x—____________  9 b) z1 N! o* N" S( O
A. She is very kind.
- k: r/ O8 ^: x& l7 J B. She is very well.2 y' h! x9 G% J! ~
C. She is not very old.
- |5 ~# b& N1 B D. She is doing shopping now.
; @% Q/ l" ^3 q$ c$ J' r* z4 d5.—How did Mr. Jones get to the cinema? ( @2 @; e. U' _' ^5 E' \9 s4 i
—____________  % F! u% A- G1 X! k: Z( ~! a$ G$ q
A. At 10 o'clock.
) T6 b' Z( ]- {9 aB. With Mrs. Jones.
5 S  }' ~/ n7 H  Y7 N0 p& hC. By car.
& N# E' o6 q' P/ o9 p, ]& w! ?D. To the Grand Theater.  $ w% I: B2 s; I" i) F

- z" s% H+ Y- n# E参考资料:8 }9 M# w. V! |% c2 M
三、ACDBC6 H. Q( L6 h0 \5 q; D) r7 K! v/ m
; N. u( m8 p, g* J- |
四.英译汉:20%
1 d( g* A7 ?% C' T9 |, d    Like other "aholics", the workaholic has an unhealthy addiction. In this case, the addiction is for work, career, or a belief that they are "the only one who can do the job right". Without this consuming focus, the workaholic may believe he's a failure or has little worth. Often, this is a sign of insecurity or having priorities out of order.+ D9 A+ ]5 @' T" i/ |$ ]) k
Workaholics will spend most of their lives at work or taking work home with them. They will often have little time for personal lives — family, hobbies, or relaxation. Having a balance is not just a preferable desire; it is needed for overall mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health. 考核知识点:课文的理解与翻译,参见P214$ o- D) u( @. }2 R; N

( A& ?( o6 B) h5 c) p
* s$ X- P; ]" ^$ {
- h4 @& h3 G  R, h; m久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:45 , Processed in 0.109454 second(s), 19 queries .