一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Which of the following word does not represent person?|
2. The electric shaver____ before it can be used.
A. needs repairing
B. should be in repair
C. has to be repairable
D. must repair
3. Though many people observed the accident which occurred in the center of the city, they were not sure about the exact (series) of events. 选择能代替括号里的选项
4. The ___ products of his kind of education are people who think alike, dress alike, and have no ideas of their own.
5. When the boiler （exploded） many people were by the steam.选择能代替括号里的选项
B. fell down
C. fell over
D. blew up
6. Mission control personnel gave instructions with the help pf （up-to-date） equipment.选择能代替括号里的选项
7. Wise people ___ forming fixed opinions.
8. The hospital has X-ray, operating rooms and other medical___.
9. People with fitting ___ are more likely to succeed in reaching them.
10. An accident does not （occur） as the result of a human purpose.选择能代替括号里的选项
11. Einstein had （genius）.选择能代替括号里的选项
12. A judge of a competition should award the prizes in accordance with the competitor’s merits, just because they (are worthy) of their prizes, but not for some other reason选择能代替括号里的选项
13. She managed to ___herself to the habits and customs here.
14. Why ___that girl ____on the table?
15. Information fed into a computer (passes through) analysis or evaluation. 选择能代替括号里的 选项
16. Unfortunately, the fire fight found that the extinguisher was not （behaving） well.选择能代替括号里的选项
17. I （give advice） to you to go to the Town Hall and ask them for the information about it选择能代替括号里的选项
18. I am confident of his ___ to get work by himself.
19. The main road through the city was blocked for three hours today after an accident__ two buses .
20. Some people consciously seek ___ and wealth.
21. The explorer used a radio to （send） news of their location.选择能代替括号里的选项
22. Communication is one of the most important （bonds） that hold cultural systems together.选择能代替括号里的选项
23. The （foundation） was not firm enough to support the weight of the apartment house.选择能代替括号里的选项
C. basic part
24. Water is （essential） to the growth of crops.选择能代替括号里的选项
25. he has decided to (continue) his career of a teacher. 选择能代替括号里的选项