一、单选题（共 22 道试题，共 66 分。）V 1. Some institutions see this as a welcome opportunity to （ease）the financial pressure.|
2. Someone who is (fortunate) is:
3. At first, I didn’t have the ______ to eat anything. But when I smelled the chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, I wanted to eat every single one of them.
4. If a company (produces) candy, that means it
A. buys candy and then sells it to people.
B. makes the candy.
C. wraps the candy for the candy maker.
5. This is a chance that she should (grasp) with both hands
6. The opposite of (careless) is:
7. The (outlook) for the weekend is good, with warm, sunny weather expected to last until Monday.
8. I’m lucky. My family has always been there to ______ me during the hard times.
9. Since the new baby down the street is all dressed in pink, I ______ that the baby is a girl.
10. I cannot remember the ______ time that the train will arrive, but I know it will be in the afternoon.
11. The opposite of (negative) is:
12. Joseph ______ several neighborhoods before deciding where he wanted to live.
13. The opposite of (vacant) is:
B. in use
C. falling apart
14. The opposite of (damp) is:
15. Something (negative) is:
16. If a friend is (furious) with you, the friend would be
A. really angry with you.
B. relaxed with you.
C. fearful of you.
17. Our survey (indicates) that men are happy to carry out household tasks.
18. The promise of money can ______ people to do things they know are not right.
19. I had a （faint）hope that the Manager might have succeeded in his attempt.
20. If friends say that their plans to move to a new home are (definite), that means
A. the plans are not clear yet.
B. the plans will change.
C. the plans will not change.
21. To (satisfy) is to:
B. make unhappy
C. be enough for
22. Jeanne was ______ when she learned she had fallen asleep in class and had snored loudly.
二、多选题（共 2 道试题，共 4 分。）V 1. Do you know the date ______ I was born?
C. on which
2. She stood there ______ he had passed out sight.
三、判断题（共 6 道试题，共 30 分。）V 1. After hiking for miles with nothing to eat, the friends were (eager) for dinner.
2. It was fun to go to my first soccer game with Franco. He knows the sport so well that he could (interpret) everything that was going on for me.
3. The famous ballet dancer is (awkward); he moves so lightly his feet seem to never touch the ground.
4. Maya’s elderly parents are too (dependent) on her. They constantly call her for help and advice.
5. The lovely bushes and flowering trees certainly (detract) from the beauty of the neighborhood.
6. Don’t (exaggerate) when you fill out a job application. If you were a store clerk, for instance, don’t say you were the manager.