一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. He always takes pride in his work. He is very _______.|
2. ________number of errors was surprisingly small.
3. This is the Chinese _______, translated from English.
4. You sang well last night. We hope you’ll sing ________.
A. more better
B. still better
5. Usually, they have been _______by foreign businessmen, diplomats or Britons returning from abroad.
A. brought over
B. turned over
C. taken over
D. come over
6. Scientists will have to__________new methods of increasing the world's food supply.
A. come out
B. come up for
C. come into
D. come up with
7. Your _______ in teaching is different from mine.
8. Under no circumstances __________anything that will benefit ourselves but harm the interests of the state.
A. should we do
B. we should do
C. we will do
D. did we do
9. Michael found it difficult to get his British jokes ________ to American audiences.
10. That radio company is so big that it has a lot of _______ in foreign countries.
11. I didn’t know where to send this _______ letter.
12. We are leaving this afternoon, but we have not _______ our suitcases yet.
13. I certainly didn’t intend to _______ your plans.
14. His wife had only her husband's interests_________.
A. on her heart
B. on heart
C. at her heart
D. at heart
15. He needed a _______ operation.
16. If you want a pen, look inside the _______ of the desk.
17. Not until the year of 1954_______made the capital of that province.
A. the city was
B. when the city was
C. was the city
D. that the city was
18. _________the heavy rain, we stayed at home.
A. But for
B. Due to
C. Owing to
D. As to
19. Look at the terrible situation I am in! If only I _______your advice.
B. had followed
C. would follow
D. have followed
20. Under no _______ will I go there again.
21. You are responsible for the work_______.
A. for a whole
B. on the whole
C. as a whole
D. on a whole
22. Grace ________ tears when she heard the sad news.
A. broke in
B. broke into
C. broke off
D. broke through
23. I'd rather you _______anything about the garden until the weather improves.
A. shouldn't do
B. didn't do
C. mustn't do
D. oughtn't to do
24. Very seldom in my life ________such a thing.
A. I have heard
B. I heard
C. have I heard
D. did I hear
25. This is the military ________. Nobody is allowed to get in without permission.
26. Get up early and run every day. You will _______ a lot from it.
27. Nowadays advertising costs are no longer in reasonable ________ to the total cost of the product.
28. I am afraid it was a _______ for you to do this.
29. How much are you going to _______ me for repairing this bike?
30. It isn't easy to be inspired in that spontaneous way for long periods_________.
A. at a stretch
B. for a stretch
C. in a stretch
D. on a stretch
31. "Mr. Green is likely ______about this meeting. Why hasn't he come?"
A. to notify
B. to be notified
C. to have been notified
D. to be notifying
32. I never realized that someday I would be married to a _______.
33. Because there are only two competitors_______, it is almost inevitable that one will receive a majority.
A. in the running
B. for the running
C. in the run
D. for the run
34. What are the _______ farm products in this region?
35. Not until quite recently ___________that language was closely related to culture.
A. I realized
B. do I realize
C. did I realize
D. I have realized
36. Alone in a desert house, he was so busy with his research work that he felt ________ lonely.
A. nothing but
B. anything but
C. all but
D. everything but
37. He gave us a good _______ of his experience.
38. _________he had told us the truth in the first place, things wouldn't have gone so wrong.
A. If only
C. On condition that
D. Even if
39. You have your choice of three _______ of ice cream.
40. Many a man _______sacrificed his life for the cause of revolution.
41. When she saw the clouds she went back to the house to ________ her umbrella.
42. Modern statesmen are often faced with________ problems_______ defeated the ancient Romans.
A. the same ... as
B. such many ... as
C. as ... as such
D. such ... as they
43. _________had he gone to sleep than the telephone rang once more.
A. As soon as
B. No sooner
44. That is a _______ point of view. I don’t agree with you.
45. Lots of dependent babies are _______a liability than numbers of the inactive aged.
A. more as
B. more to
C. more of
D. better of
46. He felt _______ of what he had done in school.
47. Painters, writers, and composers also have _________heavily ________their sensitivity to inner fantasies.
A. drawn ... back
B. drawn... on
C. drawn ... in
D. drawn ... from
48. ________we understand what Jet Lag is, we can go some way to overcome it.
A. Since that
D. Now that
49. They serve _______ food in this restaurant.
50. ________they would not have achieved so much.
A. Had they not been working so hard
B. They had not been working so hard
C. Had not they been working so hard
D. They haven't worked so hard
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册