一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The more we looked at the abstract painting,__________.|
A. the less we liked it
B. better we liked it
C. we liked it less
D. it looked better
2. The weather is bound to change_________.
A. soon and late
B. soon or late
C. sooner and later
D. sooner or later
3. Joe is not good at sports, but when it______ mathematics, he is the best in the class.
A. comes up to
B. comes around to
C. comes to
D. comes on to
4. This is not an economical way to get more water , _____it is very expensive.
A. or else
B. on the contrary
C. in short
D. on the other hand
5. Critics believe that the control of television by mass advertising has _____the quality of the programs.
6. It is an offence to show _______ against people of different races.
7. I always associate this song_______my school days.
8. She was not _________her best in the game today.
9. __________a result _______your bad work, I am forced to dismiss you.
A. For ... to
B. Due to ... with
C. As ... of
D. Because of ... of
10. The statistics ________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times.
B. is proving
C. are proving
11. The enemy _______of the power to resist.
B. was taken away
C. was robbed
D. was deprived
12. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was _______.
13. It is because English is very useful ________we study it hard.
14. If I were in movie, then it would be about time that I ________ my head in my hands for a cry.
B. am burying
D. would bury
15. He was knocked down by a car and badly ________.
16. Land belongs to the city; there is ________ thing as private ownership of land.
A. no such a
B. not such
D. no such
17. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not ______ for her work.
A. enough good
B. good enough
C. as good enough
D. good as enough
18. She was so fat that she could only just _______ through the door.
19. They_________the government's new policies.
A. are opposed
B. oppose to
C. are opposed to
D. are opposed against
20. A great amount of work has gone into ________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour.
21. Ellen did not finish________in time to go to the party with her friends night.
B. to study
C. to have studied
D. having studied
22. It was nine years ago _________Sir Alfred returned from America
C. when that
23. His __________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure.
24. The reception was attended by _______ members of the local community.
25. Conversation becomes weaker in a society that spends so much time listening and being talked to ________ it has all but lost the will and the skill to speak for itself.
26. When carbon is added to iron in proper_____ the result is steel.
27. Good news was sometimes released prematurely, with the British recapture of the port ________ half a day before the defenders actually surrendered.
A. to announce
D. was announced
28. I went along thinking of nothing only looking at things around me______.
A. in brief
B. in doubt
C. in harmony
D. in particular
29. Now that spring is here, you can ______these fur coats till you need them again next winter.
A. put over
B. put off
C. put down
D. put away
30. The bad weather is responsible________the small attendance.
31. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone _______ an opportunity to hear the speech.
A. ought to have
B. must have
C. may have
D. should have
32. In deciding _________to pursue a course of action, they try to estimate its likely impact _________the voters.
A. if... for
B. as ... at
C. whether ... on
D. that ... to
33. It’s high time we _______ cutting down the rainforests.
B. had to stop
C. shall stop
34. We should enable every student _________morally, intellectually and physically.
D. to develop
35. ________finished your work so early?
A. How come you
B. How do you come
C. How can you come
D. How you come
36. She would have to_________her own living when she grows up.
37. I believe his invention ______of great importance to the industrial development of that country.
B. to be
38. The reason for the traffic accident was________one of the drivers lost control of his car.
39. The party, ________ I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable.
A. by which
B. for which
C. to which
D. at which
40. Hardly had Professor Birch finished his speech_________the audience started cheering.
41. The job of a student accommodation officer _______ a great many visits to landladies.
42. We can use plastics as a substitute_______wood.
D. instead of
43. I_______a doctor now if I had studied medical science in my youth.
B. should be
C. had been
D. should have been
44. The economic recession has meant that job _______ is a rare thing.
45. Many people nowadays save money to _______ for their old age.
46. You should try to _____your ambition and be more realistic.
47. She keeps a supply of candles in the house in case of power____.
48. For more than 20 years, we’ve been supporting educational programs that____ from kindergartens to colleges.
49. Deserts and high mountains have always been a _______to the movement of people from place to place.
50. The score was 80 to 78________the guest team.
A. in favor of
B. in way of
C. in spite of
D. in view of
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册