一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. He ______ his speech so that his most telling points came last.|
2. He was in poor health, so his doctor _______ him to drink wine.
3. I like watching TV______ to the cinema.
A. more than to go
B. than going
C. more than going
D. rather than to go
4. It’s one thing to make a promise , but it is quite ______ to carry it out.
A. other thing
B. the other
5. In the of proof , the police could not take action against the man .
6. We _______ with each other again after all these years.
A. got in touch
B. will get in a touch
C. got in the touch
D. are tried to get touch
7. They demanded that the books _______ to the school library at once.
B. should return
C. be returned
D. will be returned
8. That cold current (寒流) came south quickly and struck this area,________the ice on the rivers and lakes________thicker and thicker.
A. cause,to be
B. causing,to be
9. A:Oh, it’s you .I _____ you. Why are looking so thin and pale? B:I’ve been ill for weeks.
A. can’t recognize
B. could hardly recognize
C. haven’t recognized
D. wasn’t recognizing
10. Before the final examination, many students have shown ___ of tension. Some have trouble in sleeping while others have lost their appetite.
11. The manager promised to keep me ______ of how our business was going on .
A. to be informed
B. on informing
12. Corn originated in the New World and thus was not known in Europe until Columbus found it ________ in Cuba.
A. being cultivated
B. having cultivated
C. been cultivated
13. Eye contact is important because wrong contact may create a communication ________.
14. Human tries to ________ the deep oceans mostly in order to________large amounts of natural resources.
15. It isn’t quite _____ that he will be present at the meeting.
16. -The police have caught the murderer. -Yes, and he admitted ________ his boss on a rainy night seven years ago.
A. to kill
B. to have killed
C. having killed
D. have been killing
17. He is an _________ teacher, so he has much _________ .
18. It will take a long time ______ a new town and its people.
A. to get to knowing
B. to get to know
C. to be getting known
D. to have got knowing
19. The school buildings are so arranged as to be ____ of easy enlargement at a future date.
20. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders ________ will happen to her private life.
21. He lost control of his feelings and began to______
22. He _____ a letter with the book he sent to me
23. The Olympic Games begin with a ______ of all the competing nation.
24. Her _____ was never more acute than in a crowded theatre.
25. Comrade Li Dazhao, ___ librarian of Beijing University, was one of the founders of the Chinese Communist Party.
C. some time
D. some times
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册