谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。|
一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. This research has attracted wide coverage in the () and has featured on BBC television’s Tomorrow’s World.
2. He said that the driver must have had an accident; otherwise he () by then.
A. would have arrived
B. must have arrived
C. should arrive
D. would arrive
3. Actually, information technology can () the gap between the poor and the rich.
4. This is not an economical way to get more water; (), it is very expensive.
A. on the other hand
B. on the contrary
C. in short
D. or else
5. The machine looked like a large, (), old-fashioned typewriter.
6. At yesterday’s party, Elizabeth’s boyfriend amused us by () Charlie Chaplin.
7. Techniques for () sleep would involve learning to control both mind and body so that sleep can occur.
8. When carbon is added to iron in proper () the result is steel.
9. First published in 1927, the charts remain an () source for researchers.
10. If people feel hopeless, they don’t bother to () the skills they need to succeed.
11. Within two weeks of arrival, all foreigners had to () with the local police.
12. The test results are beyond (); they have been repeated in labs all over the world.
13. I had just posted the letter when I remembered that hadn’t () the cheque.
14. The most basic reason why dialects should be preserved is that language helps to () a culture.
15. The lecture which lasted about three hours was so () that the audience couldn’t help yawning.
16. Showing some sense of humor can be a(n) () way to deal with some stressful situation.
17. All the arrangements should be completed () your departure.
A. prior to
B. superior to
C. contrary to
D. parallel to
18. The situation described in the report () terrible, but it may not happen.
19. All her energies are () upon her children and she seems to have little time for anything else.
20. For professional athletes, () to the Olympics means that they have a chance to enter the history books.
21. John doesn’t believe in () medicine; he has some remedies of his own.
22. The shop assistant was dismissed as she was () of cheating customers.
23. The group of technicians are engaged in a study which () all aspects of urban planning.
24. Urban crowdedness would be greatly relieved if only the () charged on public transport were more reasonable.
25. Apart from caring for her children, she has to take on such heavy () housework as carrying water and firewood.
谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册