谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。|
一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. His father died _______ drink.
2. Their son dreamed that he could succeed _______ they had failed.
3. The tall buildings ____of streets in New York make one feel as though he were walking through a deep valley.
A. at both sides
B. on either sides
C. at both side
D. on either side
4. He made up his _______ to go in and buy the tallest hat in the shop.
5. She will not _______ when I talk about the things that interest me and my friends.
A. get on
C. speak at
D. cut in
6. He kept himself all the time as straight as a young soldier ________.
A. on guard
B. in guard
C. with guard
D. for guard
7. And practice needs great effort and _______ much time.
8. All the guest around the king’s daughter _______ their breath.
9. Then, with the cheers of the kingdom, the two,_______ walked into a new worl##
A. hand to hand
B. hand in hand
C. hand with hand
D. hand for hand
10. They learned the same things, so they could help _______their homework and talk about it.
A. one another with
B. one other with
C. one another for
D. each other for
11. He had grown up _______ the poor in London’s East End and experienced great poverty.
12. The pride of his color was in his ________.
13. Their son dreamed that he could succeed _______ they had failed.
14. I should have gone to the opera yesterday. It was very good. I wish I _____ yesterday off.
A. have had
D. had had
15. The last inch of space was filled, yet people kept on pushing _______ in along the walls of the store.
16. The sharp hearing of a fish _______ by two scientists.
A. have been proved
B. have proved
C. has proved
D. has been proved
17. If someone had the fine things all above his fortune, he would have_______ debt.
B. running into
D. run into
18. I am so grateful to you _______ clearing this up.
19. The ring has been passed _______ in my family from mother to daughter.
20. In the very early days, China ________ and ruled by many kings.
B. was divided
C. is divided
21. The car _______ when the driver was making a sharp turn．
A. turned down
B. turned up
C. turned off
D. turned over
22. Edison did not allow his odd moments to slip by while he_______ his living by tapping out messages. A. earned B. obtained C. was earning D. was obtaining
C. was earning
D. was obtaining
23. Her legs got _______while teaching her daughter to ride a two wheeler.
A. beat up
B. beat down
D. beat over
24. She had carried home her babies who were _______ sleepy to walk.
25. He came into the room and found her, the sleeping beauty, ________ on the floor.
A. to lie
B. to lying
26. The faster we get this assignment done, _______ we can go out and play.
C. that soon
D. the sooner
27. He spent the whole morning _______ for the coming exam．
A. to preparing
B. having prepared
D. being prepared
28. In wanting nothing, he _______ nothing.
B. need for
29. Nancy isn’t here. It’s my fault. I forgot all about _______ her.
A. to telephone
B. to telephone to
30. And while I am going to school I want a wife _______ my children.
A. looking after
B. to look after
C. looking about
D. to look about
31. That evening I looked for gifts _______ just fulfilling a duty.
A. instead that
B. instead of
D. instead with
32. It is reported that the fish can _______the difference between colors.
33. I found a railway official and asked him if I could get a place _______in a sleeping-car.
34. Good manners really mean to be kind and helpful to others, especially those _______than ourselves.
A. older or weaker
B. elder or weaker
C. older and weak
D. old and weaker
35. _______ you like it or not, you’ll have to do it.
36. I think Daddy knew it himself, but he had to _______ his anger somewhere.
A. let off
B. let over
C. let in
D. let out
37. A good command of English depends upon ________ practice.
A. a lot of
B. a great deal
C. a number of
D. a good many
38. It is an exciting experience just _______ down a New York street.
B. being going
C. to walk
D. to be going
39. They were always looking for a house just a little better ________ the place we were living _______.
A. more as…in
40. We divided them _______ groups according to race, religion and social background.
41. Remember the chances to read or think _______ come now and again during the day.
42. The travelers were not aware _______ the danger ahead.
43. His mother’s life had been so hard ________ she had finally gone mad.
A. so that
44. Such a company collects _______ information about such man or woman.
A. a great number of
B. a great many
C. a great deal
D. a great deal of
45. I watched him from the _______ of my eye.
46. In 1911 a penniless young man left England _______ America.
47. If he, by accident, knocks someone, or _______ their way, he say “ Excuse me” or “I’m sorry”.
A. gets on
B. gets in
C. gets by
D. gets to
48. Louis keeps _______ the blows to him.
49. We laughed and cheered, ________ our victory over the white in the fight.
D. having celebrated
50. In fact, to work with one’s hands is thought to be dirty and ______ in such countries.
谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册