谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。|
一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. He _______ his hat on the side of his head like an Englishman and hurried back.
D. made up
2. His father died _______ drink.
3. Their son dreamed that he could succeed _______ they had failed.
4. His favorite saying was “Do not do to others _______ you would not have them to do to you.
5. The Chinese family came to include _______ children and their parents _______ their uncles and aunts..
A. not only…but
6. We grew _______ as the fight was coming to an end.
A. having uneasy
B. be uneasy
C. to uneasy
7. Then, with the cheers of the kingdom, the two,_______ walked into a new worl##
A. hand to hand
B. hand in hand
C. hand with hand
D. hand for hand
8. The emperor combined these walls into one _______ wall.
9. They were always looking for a house just a little better ________ the place we were living _______.
A. more as…in
10. There had been a number of walls ________ brick and stone alone the northern border.
A. build in
D. built of
11. _______ you like it or not, you’ll have to do it.
12. I found a railway official and asked him if I could get a place _______in a sleeping-car.
13. In the very early days, China ________ and ruled by many kings.
B. was divided
C. is divided
14. He was poor but _______ being rich.
A. dream of
B. dreamed about
C. dream about
D. dreamed of
15. I was ashamed of the place we _______ , so I managed four years without having a friend visit my house.
A. lived in
B. where lived
D. which lived
16. He is unable to go to work _______ the fall from his bike.
A. as a result
B. as a matter
C. as a result of
D. as a matter of
17. He kept himself all the time as straight as a young soldier ________.
A. on guard
B. in guard
C. with guard
D. for guard
18. Now certain companies can help a young person _______ the right husband or wife.
A. in search
B. on search
C. in search of
D. on search of
19. “Niggers are dirty,” he said. “_______ mud,” said I. “And I am not as dirty as you, yet.”
A. It is
B. That is
C. So is
D. Nor is
20. Good manners really mean to be kind and helpful to others, especially those _______than ourselves.
A. older or weaker
B. elder or weaker
C. older and weak
D. old and weaker
21. I regretted _______ taken a bath and dressed in my Sunday best.
A. having not
B. not have
C. have not
D. not having
22. On the quiet waters ________ a dark outline of the Statue of Liberty under the pale moonlight.
A. are cast
B. is cast
C. were cast
D. being cast
23. This story did not happen during the Depression; this was ________ and early 70’s.
A. in late 60
B. in the late 60
C. in the late 60’s
D. in late 60’s
24. The Great Wall ran _______ high mountains and deep valleys.
25. We should remember ________ we learned Chinese when we were children.
26. Have you ever _______ anyone who thought of becoming great by wearing fine clothes?
A. heard of
D. listened to
27. She had carried home her babies who were _______ sleepy to walk.
28. His mother’s life had been so hard ________ she had finally gone mad.
A. so that
29. He had grown up _______ the poor in London’s East End and experienced great poverty.
30. If the story ended there, one could say that the fish _______ itself by change.
A. had freed
B. has freed
C. were freed
D. was freed
31. Her school was a room _______ her bedroom.
A. next to
B. close upon
32. He dropped the pennies _______ the two dimes I had hidden in my hand.
A. out with
C. in with
33. I am thankful none of us children ever ________ our parents _______the poor living conditions.
A. blamed… for
C. blamed… to
D. blamed…at .
34. I planned ______ the night train to New York and go on a journey with a friend.
A. to get
D. to take
35. The man ________ at the other side of the table rose.
A. to sit
B. to seat
36. I’m ashamed of _______ I did.
37. Many stories are told _______ the fishes that get away.
38. The soap bubble liquid bottle _______ fifty-seven cents and he had only forty cents.
D. is worth
39. And while I am going to school I want a wife _______ my children.
A. looking after
B. to look after
C. looking about
D. to look about
40. We are even told _______ is our duty to clean the classroom.
41. What was the use of having such high heels, when people seemed to _______ a blind eye to them.
42. In short, the sufferings of mankind are largely _______ their putting a false value on things.
A. due to
43. His father _______ shout at his mother, ________ couldn’t do anything to change the conditions.
A. used to… which
B. was used to…whom
C. used to…who
D. was used to… that
44. It was always on at the same time every day _______ Saturday and Sunday.
A. except for
C. except that
45. The USA ______ a great advanced country without the labor of the newcomers.
A. could become
B. can become
C. couldn’t have become
D. couldn’t become
46. Actually, the busier he is, _______ he feels.
B. the happy
C. the happier
D. happier more
47. These examples will tell you _______ a polite man should do and what he shouldn’t
48. There are plenty of eggs in the basket. Take _______ as you like.
A. as much
B. as more
C. as little
D. as many
49. His face was covered with the dust which _______ out of the ceiling during the night.
A. has fallen
B. had fallen
C. was falling
D. were falling
50. I should have gone to the opera yesterday. It was very good. I wish I _____ yesterday off.
A. have had
D. had had
谋学网: www.mouxue.com 主要提供奥鹏作业答案，奥鹏在线作业答案，奥鹏离线作业答案以及奥鹏毕业论文，致力打造中国最专业远程教育辅导社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册