奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2336|回复: 0

川大11春《大学英语(三)》第2次作业

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-9-8 23:26:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
一、单选(共 30 道试题,共 75 分。)V 1.  After the Minister of Education had finished speaking at the press conference, he was made _______ all sorts of awkward questions.A. answer
7 G# a1 b$ n. IB. answering  G0 Z$ x% h# B
C. answered- V  F9 x: c9 j) p) l" w( p3 Y
D. to answer
( ^- T8 I6 m# \& Q      满分:2.5  分
" P( W) l5 ?# z6 \% K# A2.  —Would you like to go skating with me? —________________.A. Yes, I think so$ x6 S! z$ D, l! J$ B, W8 Q$ v. m
B. No, thanks
) E; Z" `3 p( T3 bC. Yes, I'd love to
  p5 z2 H" \% O' O; d  u* k' mD. I'm afraid not
, d/ d# L% _" A3 j6 C* [9 K+ Y      满分:2.5  分
$ h6 |. M+ L2 l5 V, t& L3.  They have learned about _______ in recent years.A. several hundreds English words
0 Y, C& T& w8 G* B/ ZB. hundreds of English words' \4 U# S+ L* ^* G  v. h: Y
C. hundred of English words
: t" p9 k2 b6 S5 H/ D1 A# F/ LD. several hundred English word
. @8 [; Y; ]& x5 b" @$ C% b      满分:2.5  分
) G- A9 `" x  C  ]- K( r6 j4.  —Can I help you carry the bag? —________________.A. Needn’t.
3 k9 I% F1 R8 d$ ~. ^B. you couldn’t do it.' o' a' e) y0 A) p# X9 \$ W
C. I could do it myself.: c& v1 ~7 o! ?' `! r! N) O
D. Thank you, but I can manage it myself.6 Z- _4 |, h8 }& R1 |6 u
      满分:2.5  分
0 F) C2 x0 y; S/ G+ `" A5.  —Would you mind closing the window? It is windy outside. —________________A. Not at all.
$ X1 u0 b1 @' `, xB. Sure, go ahead.( W+ D0 k' R. b' s$ @2 q+ _
C. Why not?
% X6 C7 r. W9 c5 m+ q% v* Q3 uD. Yes, I would.
8 }4 A9 _% \' _: r9 `  S' w1 }      满分:2.5  分7 e3 f$ n! L3 U. s' A
6.  The patients are quite _______ to the nurses for their special care.A. enjoyable
4 k% a9 B6 A6 t* a8 m1 |B. helpful
8 p; L! W* X& A; g7 QC. confident
% T9 w! ~. Z1 ^$ FD. grateful
, I$ [2 v: M# K4 i; i      满分:2.5  分
8 p! B  F% i# @& r8 a( X  S7.  
7 M9 t3 N, Y, lAs long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.0 ?# T0 t; a! d8 i$ s6 Q
    Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing(治理利用)the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.. ^0 r: t1 l. P* i% ~9 F
    But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on. 3 Q1 f+ Z0 {2 j& c# H2 z) G
(4)、What are the problems facing scientists who want to use solar energy?/ b. H2 w4 Z& O( C0 x
A. It is not easy to collect.
4 k0 F0 q1 b0 @+ OB. It is not easy to store.
% @, i" @) [3 ^3 B6 N. P; j9 J. fC. It is not easy to find out.) z+ W2 L* T1 d  R- [; T; B8 }( ?
D. both A and B." h# i4 K3 N1 p! b
      满分:2.5  分- N: G, ?! z: ?+ I2 Z, x, A- W0 M
8.  —Hello, may I have an appointment with the headmaster? —________________.A. Sorry, I don't know you
" l( v; k& P& C- M4 b. h5 G, j' GB. No, you can't# }9 y1 Z$ q$ n6 i
C. Certainly. Wait a minute, please
& ^/ U2 \% X& @8 C& v/ ID. Let me see
2 |# {8 c. y. R/ Y! g      满分:2.5  分1 m  _, R( o5 b  _0 o; j% f
9.  Nancy is _______ girl.A. a eighteen-year-old* I" v, o2 ^" ^1 g, G
B. an eighteen-years-old6 h8 S* W! |' W& q5 C* M2 \7 n
C. a eighteen-years-old  f! D4 t4 q4 M" a
D. an eighteen-year-old- s% a$ m) Q+ p  F3 R
1 f* X! G( {' B( M10.  6 S) p7 d, w$ w& o: @1 o
As long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.
: s# B, o7 x" Y8 O    Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing(治理利用)the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.
4 c- H- ?0 i' R5 g- u    But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on. + w& N( p9 ^  h( d/ d" E
(1)、What form does most of solar energy take to reach us?9 a) w* `8 E9 W& |9 }
A. Light.
$ U/ d6 T! Z: W8 z/ _6 t4 RB. Heat.! j0 L9 M; [6 o$ f9 J$ A* J" s
C. gas.
# {7 T) f/ W: `; z. g! z& v# ZD. both A and B.4 V; }- m9 [( G4 f: s8 w
1 v/ m! @& L. S* |11.  Every morning Mr. Smith takes a _______ to his office.A. 20 minutes' walk! @2 |9 G: _1 W( N5 }+ m6 A( @
B. 20 minute's walk
5 X) l; |# p/ k/ J' t9 s& lC. 20-minutes walk) u9 P5 Z$ E2 l4 s
D. 20-minute walk: v, x" s/ F  z( l5 z
0 O7 r; b/ ^: y7 X4 i7 S4 O12.  —Could I see your ticket please? —________________A. I am not sure yet3 A/ C4 u4 I) t  |2 G: ]  w
B. I'd love one
8 P8 x$ I, A* w1 y+ W/ jC. I might be. Why?
: w; o. O: e" j6 S! o* Q7 q# G0 iD. Here you are.
4 l$ U& e- c! O3 C" M' t) \1 H      满分:2.5  分, P$ b0 _" {5 b( {; I( @
13.  Are you going to fix the car yourself, or are you going to have it _______?A. fixing
+ s5 h2 s5 i/ W9 f7 O. B1 _  PB. to fix
0 e& `1 B  k, dC. fix9 W1 t! C) {, @
D. fixed
# Z1 x( N8 E; T9 Q% A      满分:2.5  分% y" }4 d5 p6 F9 [9 m, o9 I
14.  _______ the War of Independence, the United States was an English colony.A. Before4 S3 n$ W# [2 J: c( K% ^
B. At0 f9 t  P+ |7 D) z5 K( i4 N
C. In
. F0 Z2 \; J5 H- p+ JD. Between
# Z8 Z8 k8 ]8 A! _8 C- {      满分:2.5  分
1 a2 r9 M7 [6 `  O9 o  h! D15.  It's _______ that he was wrong.A. clearly3 f! Z; b  ?: ]( v0 F
B. clarity
) `( ~& d! V: A8 v6 o" fC. clear
% l# U- o4 e% UD. clearing1 _  B4 g6 z# z' [; T( e
      满分:2.5  分+ C( @+ u( F. R' u
16.  The Japanese, _______ average, live much longer than the Europeans.A. with
9 i% ~) x  P4 k! RB. in
2 J- G2 J$ P" \! p8 AC. to' t) d8 f5 M- `
D. on
5 U# }* |5 a0 v0 f, ~8 W      满分:2.5  分  I: T$ Q1 h; P( D. C# u0 `  x
17.  She leaned _______ the wall while she was speaking to her friend.A. to
$ b' e8 f: w7 Q1 o2 v1 ~B. against2 H/ i, q& A7 n( ^2 A  E( G( H
C. towards5 K9 y) v3 m0 {4 E; ~9 y: B6 g
D. for
8 K! E& |* Q8 D8 p: C      满分:2.5  分
1 b/ g7 h# H9 E6 E18.  - It's a good idea. But who's going to _______ the plan? - I think John and Peter will.A. carry out
4 y/ W2 H( D# {9 M* v* }* lB. get through# v1 ^$ V# V7 V# u4 g* Q0 F
C. take in# ^5 [% t! {: r$ ^2 `
D. set aside9 a) W: k& u: ^; \# l
      满分:2.5  分( [3 I$ f1 N3 s3 @9 E
19.  —Would you like something to drink? What about a cup of tea? —________________A. No, thanks& ^. A' l# ~" g" ^9 p- r
B. No, I wouldn't
1 m& {: p9 e+ e6 XC. Yes, I want
$ I0 U& H& }3 qD. Yes, I like$ w( _4 G: q3 T
      满分:2.5  分0 w" z1 F, A1 m! O0 D3 n* @
20.  —Do you think I could borrow your dictionary this weekend? —Sorry, but ________________A. you can not have it right away.; l6 t4 Z6 {3 o4 X8 ~: l
B. I'm sure you'll like it.
; {- v0 M" U) d: C/ J0 SC. I'm going to need it myself.
1 @) Q: K7 M: i9 L. H, }0 PD. the dictionary is just there.
: V5 m8 B/ r2 T: ^+ a3 @      满分:2.5  分
* f6 e! X% ~& \21.  
* d0 E# ?/ n4 T+ A2 XAs long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.( ^3 p& Y2 n" G1 g
    Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing(治理利用)the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.- \4 ?4 `0 Y9 o0 U2 I% L6 p# m' T
    But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on.
3 j* T9 C; p/ `4 b' j$ l( \(5)、What is the writer's purpose of writing the passage?) z- K8 N/ ]; o
A. To give a brief introduction to solar energy.- d- K& H5 ]7 x) b( I7 a" i
B. To explain the reason why it is not easy to make solar energy.
( B0 T: t1 e3 pC. To give information about the advantages of solar energy.
; p  f4 _% C+ \. M- U4 Y  q, c& ?D. To give a brief introduction to the word "solar".
6 P" X8 h4 s3 s, H: n% }      满分:2.5  分" o3 o6 n! z9 J: I
22.  When will you finish _______ the outing for next Friday?A. plan
" W+ ?$ m( i  }0 `4 d' ?B. to plan
" T% Z* J/ d4 ?+ ^( ~0 BC. planning
4 c9 `4 m( s4 j0 }$ w: c; oD. planned; T0 f) M( f; P3 k! J9 V+ {
4 g, t0 q0 v1 t& l; `9 Y23.  ! T- F! w( P- p7 Z" E* E
As long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.  P' l; h  }+ ~0 f4 p
    Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing(治理利用)the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.! |; J, H) e( `
    But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on. & c$ _  z$ U4 o' q% [
(2)、Where does the word "solar" come from?- X1 l" x( G; r6 |1 m  M
A. Greek.) D4 H" X$ v0 O) ?% {! [! M" c
B. Roman.: o: t% n2 O- R9 U9 D5 Z
C. Old English.' U9 v. I+ j1 m1 K, _/ p
D. Chinese.9 I- P. v0 Z" c6 c8 k
& l( D7 V7 P% m( V+ u* u24.  —Why not join us in the game? —________________.A. OK! I'm coming% R8 q( o$ B* u. ]5 {* X
B. No, you do the same3 w/ [: b! Q3 ?
C. Oh, that's all right3 F& Z  u8 S8 \6 w
D. Don't mention it
! l: q7 l2 j* C* n0 k, X      满分:2.5  分
1 Q+ \7 e" g6 v3 N' T25.  You'd better _______ in bed. It's bad for your eyes.A. not to read
2 ~4 j7 r1 Q: x: kB. not read& s# K3 _9 J- E1 n7 E5 A8 N" I
C. don't read6 ]( `* U1 r4 K7 ^: f& g- ?
D. read+ V  D. T  Z3 y1 l. W
      满分:2.5  分5 o! E* M- v5 c
26.  —Don't forget to come to my party this evening! —________________A. I can't.0 a" T2 W& o4 u+ q! s
B. I won't.) g  k7 E; a# Q
C. I don't.8 A$ ?* F: x8 H* V- R) O& L) F9 u
D. I will., S$ b  K. j& Z
7 A, T: r' ~# v7 W* N4 W27.  0 z; m) A/ B" r# N) T9 e
As long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.
. G) E. Z" Y0 g. z- n% m    Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing(治理利用)the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.
1 S4 A  D9 z6 D8 f    But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on.
* D7 @& E! E- E1 @6 `/ U# M( T: k0 L(3)、Which of the following is NOT true of solar energy?3 X, c- B7 s( |$ T, e6 A
A. It is a safe energy.( x# t  |% ]6 N4 d3 K* K* h: P# R: m
B. It is a green energy.% g6 \* N) @5 H
C. It may cause pollution to the air.
4 Z- \, W* W3 r6 S: \: VD. It is endless.0 w+ f9 m' P. P2 `9 O
' k7 a5 j% v- x2 P% H28.  The football game will be played on _______.A. June six  _! l+ k& |! R! \- I3 M
B. six June' y- V+ s1 N1 E" }, Z
C. the sixth of June
* r' N1 Z0 ?9 \. }# A1 z) nD. the six of June
  M! @/ Q* z  F      满分:2.5  分# o. C0 {$ U6 G1 N/ S8 y
29.  Eggs, though rich in nourishments, have _______ of fat.A. a large number2 C$ B" T9 d3 N# u' |2 d9 U
B. the large number
$ h$ G. z7 g9 C- k$ {; o/ eC. a large amount
/ A9 w5 t4 F% L! }% VD. the large amount$ g( d4 q: b& _
7 M$ b9 w9 |+ n7 m7 [1 ^30.  —This box is too heavy for me to carry it upstaris. —________________.A. You may ask for help.  u4 H  o1 A" W6 @
B. I’ll give you a hand.
" q7 t3 U  J! c) T: j; i% ~C. Please do e a favor.' j* d8 _0 n8 k( L2 U# h
D. I’d come to help.5 G* b. J2 T' h$ j1 n6 {0 f
& A  D& x. T/ o7 t; W二、判断题(共 10 道试题,共 25 分。)V 1.  % `6 q- @* T: G2 w7 N0 \. m
A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend. I'd like to bring him home with me."+ d, `: \7 R. j! q; R
"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."! D8 n' l5 u2 t
"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine(地雷) and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us."
. _) p. b" M! `% ]1 [( _2 U1 g "We're sorry to hear that, son. But, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."$ x+ h7 N, v0 L" U% ?/ V
"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."8 J% O0 ]8 M& }9 H0 ?0 l# }/ [
"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden to us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."7 c: j1 C; O) V' E7 x
At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed he had killed himself.
! \4 a) W2 U" p/ h. m! `6 z! J    The grief-stricken(悲痛欲绝的) parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue(太平间) to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.$ @& u6 B2 \. z8 g+ a
(1)、The soldier called his parents from San Francisco after having fought in Vietnam.- }; j. j: n; s) R
A. 错误# T$ J: m# U9 |# _9 A
B. 正确: q* ^, L8 j) O: Y1 L/ ^7 [
      满分:2.5  分% s; R* ?3 [3 L( p8 q; {
2.  ! x2 B* @% A! V1 k
A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend. I'd like to bring him home with me."# t9 R! R! S: T' U
"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."
0 x, _) X; z6 R; I& T "There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine(地雷) and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us."9 d  J. F* ~& ]6 ~4 R! s# X0 D
"We're sorry to hear that, son. But, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."" u9 r9 M4 ~2 _) Z* k
"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."
0 m: |) v( v* H3 a$ }5 { "Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden to us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."
: x! ]( O/ J  e, z; C5 X( r At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed he had killed himself.
/ b0 n5 a9 ]* u    The grief-stricken(悲痛欲绝的) parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue(太平间) to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.3 M0 q1 x6 z2 Z
(2)、The soldier told his parents that he wanted them to meet his friend in the army.) h. @9 v  E* k& f
A. 错误
5 F/ E! H* D5 q' W2 SB. 正确
5 c( h2 X3 [2 p      满分:2.5  分
: ^0 A$ \- a; Q% B3 p) [( f! Z3.  
, V- ?9 @$ s( d7 G. IThe word "horsepower" was first used two hundred years ago. James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine. He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was, for at that time there were no units for measuring power.
5 B' q! c+ f* I5 d     Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute. He called that unit one horsepower. With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.
1 M0 l5 M; N. l, M- @, W5 u+ ~     He discovered that a horse could lift a 3300-pound weight 10 feet into the air on one minute. His engine could lift a 33-pound weight 100 feet in one minute.
2 J4 t) y, R  B# E4 [     Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse, Watt called it a ten horsepower engine. ) z% F& ~2 N% C% X: d
(4)、One horsepower would equal the weight of one horse. A. 错误! M3 h, H" F, a. }2 V6 }& x/ z* \
B. 正确: G+ q1 j+ ?6 s1 K4 Y
& H# Y! _8 t3 o. N) s0 e4 d4.  4 k0 s: k' o9 K! ^, e
A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend. I'd like to bring him home with me."
2 u5 q) F' [* h* L7 l; Q- ]1 h "Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."
/ F; h1 [2 V# O0 l% ]; D "There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine(地雷) and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us."
; T7 A# r- n' u+ p: O "We're sorry to hear that, son. But, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."
% Z3 {3 z3 E$ F% Z4 X' a0 o "No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."
2 Z7 v6 [& [$ c3 \% F2 R5 a "Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden to us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."
4 X$ R, v" s% J5 t At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed he had killed himself./ Y4 C- \2 o1 q# x$ A' K0 c3 c
    The grief-stricken(悲痛欲绝的) parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue(太平间) to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.: V1 M! c0 `$ Y- L; P
(5)、The son killed himself because he was unable to find a job.
; W  q% F4 W, i; w' k2 XA. 错误
' }  j7 w) y; b  ]( A0 V0 IB. 正确
3 b- d3 V' D- x( D6 D      满分:2.5  分
9 g# q5 l( |! ]5.  8 M" f* p& L) w4 w! o# A7 K
The word "horsepower" was first used two hundred years ago. James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine. He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was, for at that time there were no units for measuring power.
- ?! Z( O, h1 e" @  s4 ]     Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute. He called that unit one horsepower. With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.
6 u% S) p, C2 A) h4 [     He discovered that a horse could lift a 3300-pound weight 10 feet into the air on one minute. His engine could lift a 33-pound weight 100 feet in one minute.5 T- _+ J7 E# X' V; \; k& D
     Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse, Watt called it a ten horsepower engine.
6 T  W' g+ Y* X0 ^! T* Y. N(2)、Watt wanted to find a way to lift a 3300-pound weight. " C% v" ^/ Y1 a7 L
A. 错误0 C  w# P/ G$ x9 j
B. 正确
4 [* D' `) ?( Q      满分:2.5  分5 w4 }- p! U7 b8 q7 x8 V8 w
6.  - I9 P& T& O- `( n3 ~
The word "horsepower" was first used two hundred years ago. James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine. He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was, for at that time there were no units for measuring power.8 D( `7 h/ c& l' Q$ K# @
     Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute. He called that unit one horsepower. With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.
1 q( z) V0 ]1 U! V- j* Q/ u, e     He discovered that a horse could lift a 3300-pound weight 10 feet into the air on one minute. His engine could lift a 33-pound weight 100 feet in one minute.  U- S; j- B/ d
     Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse, Watt called it a ten horsepower engine.
4 e( Z" V; G" j' r0 v& H5 F, N" E(3)、He made up a unit of measurement based on the strength of a horse.A. 错误+ s- ]- z! r. x+ y
B. 正确7 v3 b) B( F7 X$ w& D( H
      满分:2.5  分5 p: ]1 @# ]2 _* b% w
7.  3 H. I# W% B% M) v8 W8 n9 }9 c' c
The word "horsepower" was first used two hundred years ago. James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine. He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was, for at that time there were no units for measuring power.
" c* w: E7 k/ \9 F. o0 I. U     Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute. He called that unit one horsepower. With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.
2 L  G. n! Z$ M6 r# T6 f& J7 L     He discovered that a horse could lift a 3300-pound weight 10 feet into the air on one minute. His engine could lift a 33-pound weight 100 feet in one minute.
7 S* V9 F' g9 ~% g. H% S     Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse, Watt called it a ten horsepower engine. 8 I4 o2 @% d; W6 w
(1)、The passage says that Watt made the first widely used steam engine.
1 E! S6 m3 Z- c3 E7 D0 q# PA. 错误7 r5 q6 P1 }' n0 D: t8 Y$ k6 j
B. 正确
# K  O' d" L# c. s  q/ Q( t5 h      满分:2.5  分
6 y0 d2 l& k5 ~& ^. U6 I1 N8.  
7 u  F6 W8 G. z4 q$ s! s% HA story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend. I'd like to bring him home with me."# h' ?( n# K, x9 X, I1 J. f) ~0 }
"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."
) B, G. o, n0 s- V/ s3 q( [ "There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine(地雷) and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us."
) a/ _/ f0 s! z% z. C "We're sorry to hear that, son. But, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."# D% f3 F, y( e' B" h3 J" V& y. t5 f
"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."1 V( m  I) ]2 l. T  x: b
"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden to us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own.". k( O/ T& _; B' G4 g, a2 K" h3 A
At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed he had killed himself.% c: c& X' B9 a& ~; F" H3 J
    The grief-stricken(悲痛欲绝的) parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue(太平间) to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.
/ m" I2 y4 m6 u! o: z0 @5 o: C(3)、His father considered his plan unacceptable.
% l4 N7 }' E2 k- b8 HA. 错误
4 P. {6 ]9 m, }& Q/ d0 q. YB. 正确
* q# m% @2 U" J0 o      满分:2.5  分
( m8 v. M; a' \% W9.  : Q  e8 s3 a5 L% W) M# {
# `6 f3 Z9 `5 @! V1 Z4 z  \5 y     Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute. He called that unit one horsepower. With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.
+ L3 F  E1 P1 S! z0 A6 I* f3 z0 X     He discovered that a horse could lift a 3300-pound weight 10 feet into the air on one minute. His engine could lift a 33-pound weight 100 feet in one minute.2 _* a$ A  R# n. A; i, |# Z6 M# ?
     Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse, Watt called it a ten horsepower engine. ! M! o) O& ?4 R
(5)、The possible title for this passage is The Origin of the Term "Horsepower". A. 错误* ~( i; u+ c( T; T$ u
B. 正确, U1 m" b9 R# d
" m+ F$ k6 [  f( |# Q10.  / a! ]' g2 k( U# x7 l( g
A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend. I'd like to bring him home with me."
' M" u' ]: ]3 y1 v0 ~1 Y "Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."
/ P% p2 T$ P! [2 v, `/ s/ X/ @ "There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine(地雷) and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us.", w: N6 }- k9 m" u/ o8 Z/ I2 ~+ B+ A
"We're sorry to hear that, son. But, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live.": O: o% \: v  Y) O9 j
"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."' C3 c. [1 x4 Y, S. {- H
"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden to us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."3 v; i$ z+ D7 J$ x: u  y2 ]0 R
At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed he had killed himself.
: h& y$ E1 o- D: D' F    The grief-stricken(悲痛欲绝的) parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue(太平间) to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.7 d: S; q% P. M% J
(4)、A few days later the parents were told by the police that their son had killed himself.# u5 `4 E0 d; i( T/ w& C5 d4 P" o
A. 错误
4 S3 O! T. n- L7 U) `3 xB. 正确  v: w  w' R' k% y( f' \$ \5 f3 y

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 07:14 , Processed in 0.101535 second(s), 20 queries .