1. After the Minister of Education had finished speaking at the press conference, he was made ________ all sorts of awkward questions.|
D. to answer
2. He is not a child __________.
A. no more
B. no longer
C. any much
D. any more
3. Since this road is wet and slippery this morning, it _________ last night.
A. must rain
B. was raining
C. must have rained
D. may rain
4. He had often dreamed of retiring in England and had planned to ________ down in the country.
5. New businesses _________ in this area due to the new policy adopted recently.
6. His words are _________ but the meaning is deep.
B. a few
D. a little
7. They got a ________ result, and they were wild with joy.
8. I advise that they ________ to the government for a home improvement fund, but I'm not sure whether they can obtain it.
9. Coal was formed out of dead forests by a long and slow _______ of chemical change.
10. I don’t know the park, but it’s ________ to be quite beautiful.
11. It’s bad _________ for you to smoke in the public places where smoking is not allowed.
12. I didn’t buy the apples; she gave them to me ________ nothing.
13. How much did you _____ all these things?
D. pay for
14. The chemical factory was _________ the new policy, believing it would ensure fair competition.
A. in spite of
B. in honor of
C. in favor of
D. in the name of
15. Tom was once cheated by his friend; ________ he would not trust anyone.
16. What is the train ________ to Birmingham?
17. We all know that there are ________ ways of getting to know a person.
D. various of
18. I didn’t know what to do, but then an idea suddenly _______ to me.
19. It is not an ________ method to learn a language by focusing on a large vocabulary only.
20. Mathematics ________ the study or science of numbers.
大连理工大工12秋《大学英语3》在线测试1 2 3
、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）
1. It was about 600 years ago that the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made.
2. Everyone was in his room when the bell rings.
3. Building hotel furniture involves furniture making on a large scale and in a very economical and durable manner.
4. I believe that people given certain circumstances are capable of cheating even when they know they might be found out.
5. We have so many tasks which need to do in all phases of medicine, public health and industry.
6. There are distinct differences between albino animals and those that are "white", but both albino and white animals are considered rare.
7. Having spent his childhood in France, John is able to converse in French rather good.
8. Every change of season produce some change in the magical hues and shapes of these mountains.
9. They succeeded because they knew how to research, collect information and process the information to be collected.
10. When he knew that he had passed the exam, he felt a great weight taking off his mind.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册