奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1180|回复: 0

北语11秋《阅读》(II)作业3

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-9-21 13:02:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
一、单选(共 20 道试题,共 100 分。)V 1.  Most Americans think that ice cream is as American as baseball and applepie.But ice cream was known long before American was discovered.The Roman emperor Nero may have made a king of ice cream.He hired hundreds of men to bring snow and ice from the mountains.He used it to make cold drinks.Traveler Marco Polo brought back recipes for chilled and frozen milk from China.Hundreds of years later,ice cream reached England.It is said that King Charles I enjoyed that treat very much.There is a story that he bribed his cook to keep the recipe for ice cream a royal secret.Today ice cream is known throughout the world.Americans alone eat more than two billion quarts a year. 问题:Charles I of England wanted to ( )
A. make ice cream popular
B. keep the secret of ice cream for himself
C. develop new kinds of ice cream
D. bring ice cream recipes from China
      满分:5  分
2.  At the 1908 Olympics in London the Marathon race was held on a very hot day.The race started at Windsor Castle,one of the homes of the Royal Family,so that the Royal children could see the runners leave.The race was planned to continue for 26 miles 385 yards (42,195 metres),now the accepted distance for this race,into Central London.Because of the great heat,however,many runners had to give up before they could finish the race.Towards the end,the large crowd waited with great excitement for the South African,Charles Hefferon,to come into the stadium first.They were surprised,however,when the 1st man to appear was the small Italian,Pietri Dorando.Dorando was by now extremely tired and weak and,as he was running round the stadium towards the finishing line,he fell to the groud,unable to continue.Doctors rushed to help him and he soon got to his feet and continued,with loud cheers from the crowd.As he came close to the line he had to be helped again, this time by a journalist,but finally he finished the race.He was not,of course,allowed to receive the gold because he had had help during the race.Afterwards, Dorando argued unsuccessfully that he had not asked for this help.But the medal was given to an American,Hayes,who had finished second.However, Dorando later received a special gold cup from Queen Alexandra for his courage. 问题:The problem with the Marathon race at the 1908 Olympics in London was ( )
A. the distance to be covered
B. the hot weather
C. the route of the race
D. the destination of the race
3.  Last December 22 a pickup truck slid on an icy bridge over the Elizabeth River near Portsmouth,and slammed into the guardrail,where workers were removing scaffolding from a paving project.The impact threw Cornell Taylor,43,more than 70 feet into the frigid water below.Nearby,Joseph G.Brisson,36,was in the wheelhouse of his tugboat.He and his crew were talking about the upcoming holidays when suddenly their chatter was interrupted by an urgent voice:"Man down!"Brisson saw Taylor hit the water."He went down a few times and all I saw was a hand."Realizing there was no time to wait for rescue crews,Brisson took off his shoes and handed his wallet to a co-worker,then jumped feet-first into the 40-degree water.Swimming to Taylor,Brisson helped the disoriented man get his face above water."I told him I was not going to let him go,that if he went,I was going with him."The river current was freezing."I couldn't feel my legs,arms or hands,"Brisson said.He locked his legs around Taylor's waist and kept the injured man float and talking."I told him we were going to be all right,that we were both going to enjoy Christmas."Finally, after about 30 minutes in the water,the men were pulled to safety.Calling himself "a normal Joe,"Brisson says,"I have a family.I thought about that.But I thought about how life is very important,I couldn't let anything happen to him." 问题:By calling himself a normal Joe,Brisson means that ( )
A. he is willing to sacrifice himself for others
B. he is a family man
C. he is an ordinary man
D. he knows the value of life
4.  Although American civilization took over and replaced the frontier almost a century ago,the heritage of the frontier is still very much alive in the U.S.today.The idea of the frontier still stirs the emotions and imaginations of the American people.Americans continue to be fascinated by the frontier because it has been a particularly important force in shaping their national values.The frontier experience began when the first colonists settled on the east coast of the continent in the 1600s.It ended about 1890 when the last western lands were settled.The American frontier consisted of the relatively unsettled regions of the country.Here,both land and life were more rugged and primitive than in the more settled eastern part.As one frontier area was settled,people began moving farther west into the next unsettled area.By settling one frontier area after another,Americans moved across an entire continent,2,700 miles wide. 问题:The frontier experience began ( )
A. in the 16th century
B. in the 17th century
C. in the 18th century
D. in the 19th century
5.  From this (perspective),sleeping until noon on Saturday is not enough to pay back the ten lost hours as well as meet your nightly requirement of eight.
A. scene
B. example
C. expectation
D. view
6.  Most Americans think that ice cream is as American as baseball and applepie.But ice cream was known long before American was discovered.The Roman emperor Nero may have made a king of ice cream.He hired hundreds of men to bring snow and ice from the mountains.He used it to make cold drinks.Traveler Marco Polo brought back recipes for chilled and frozen milk from China.Hundreds of years later,ice cream reached England.It is said that King Charles I enjoyed that treat very much.There is a story that he bribed his cook to keep the recipe for ice cream a royal secret.Today ice cream is known throughout the world.Americans alone eat more than two billion quarts a year. 问题:The selection says that most Americans ( )
A. think that ice cream is very new
B. think that ice cream was an American idea
C. know that ice cream is very old
D. do not know what ice cream is
7.  At the 1908 Olympics in London the Marathon race was held on a very hot day.The race started at Windsor Castle,one of the homes of the Royal Family,so that the Royal children could see the runners leave.The race was planned to continue for 26 miles 385 yards (42,195 metres),now the accepted distance for this race,into Central London.Because of the great heat,however,many runners had to give up before they could finish the race.Towards the end,the large crowd waited with great excitement for the South African,Charles Hefferon,to come into the stadium first.They were surprised,however,when the 1st man to appear was the small Italian,Pietri Dorando.Dorando was by now extremely tired and weak and,as he was running round the stadium towards the finishing line,he fell to the groud,unable to continue.Doctors rushed to help him and he soon got to his feet and continued,with loud cheers from the crowd.As he came close to the line he had to be helped again, this time by a journalist,but finally he finished the race.He was not,of course,allowed to receive the gold because he had had help during the race.Afterwards, Dorando argued unsuccessfully that he had not asked for this help.But the medal was given to an American,Hayes,who had finished second.However, Dorando later received a special gold cup from Queen Alexandra for his courage. 问题:the one who 1st finished the Marathon race turned out to be ( )
A. Hefferon
B. Dorando
C. Hayes
D. Alexandra
8.  Last December 22 a pickup truck slid on an icy bridge over the Elizabeth River near Portsmouth,and slammed into the guardrail,where workers were removing scaffolding from a paving project.The impact threw Cornell Taylor,43,more than 70 feet into the frigid water below.Nearby,Joseph G.Brisson,36,was in the wheelhouse of his tugboat.He and his crew were talking about the upcoming holidays when suddenly their chatter was interrupted by an urgent voice:"Man down!"Brisson saw Taylor hit the water."He went down a few times and all I saw was a hand."Realizing there was no time to wait for rescue crews,Brisson took off his shoes and handed his wallet to a co-worker,then jumped feet-first into the 40-degree water.Swimming to Taylor,Brisson helped the disoriented man get his face above water."I told him I was not going to let him go,that if he went,I was going with him."The river current was freezing."I couldn't feel my legs,arms or hands,"Brisson said.He locked his legs around Taylor's waist and kept the injured man float and talking."I told him we were going to be all right,that we were both going to enjoy Christmas."Finally, after about 30 minutes in the water,the men were pulled to safety.Calling himself "a normal Joe,"Brisson says,"I have a family.I thought about that.But I thought about how life is very important,I couldn't let anything happen to him." 问题:The word "frigid" in paragraph one means ( )
A. deep
B. warm
C. icy
D. running
9.  At the 1908 Olympics in London the Marathon race was held on a very hot day.The race started at Windsor Castle,one of the homes of the Royal Family,so that the Royal children could see the runners leave.The race was planned to continue for 26 miles 385 yards (42,195 metres),now the accepted distance for this race,into Central London.Because of the great heat,however,many runners had to give up before they could finish the race.Towards the end,the large crowd waited with great excitement for the South African,Charles Hefferon,to come into the stadium first.They were surprised,however,when the 1st man to appear was the small Italian,Pietri Dorando.Dorando was by now extremely tired and weak and,as he was running round the stadium towards the finishing line,he fell to the groud,unable to continue.Doctors rushed to help him and he soon got to his feet and continued,with loud cheers from the crowd.As he came close to the line he had to be helped again, this time by a journalist,but finally he finished the race.He was not,of course,allowed to receive the gold because he had had help during the race.Afterwards, Dorando argued unsuccessfully that he had not asked for this help.But the medal was given to an American,Hayes,who had finished second.However, Dorando later received a special gold cup from Queen Alexandra for his courage. 问题:the accepted distance for the Marathon race was about ( )
A. 50km
B. 40km
C. 30km
D. 20km
10.  Although American civilization took over and replaced the frontier almost a century ago,the heritage of the frontier is still very much alive in the U.S.today.The idea of the frontier still stirs the emotions and imaginations of the American people.Americans continue to be fascinated by the frontier because it has been a particularly important force in shaping their national values.The frontier experience began when the first colonists settled on the east coast of the continent in the 1600s.It ended about 1890 when the last western lands were settled.The American frontier consisted of the relatively unsettled regions of the country.Here,both land and life were more rugged and primitive than in the more settled eastern part.As one frontier area was settled,people began moving farther west into the next unsettled area.By settling one frontier area after another,Americans moved across an entire continent,2,700 miles wide. 问题:Which of the following is not true?
A. the influence of the frontier has died out in modern America
B. American civilization substituted the frontier long ago
C. Americans are still fascinated by the frontier experience
D. the frontier experience lasted about 3 centuries
11.  Most Americans think that ice cream is as American as baseball and applepie.But ice cream was known long before American was discovered.The Roman emperor Nero may have made a king of ice cream.He hired hundreds of men to bring snow and ice from the mountains.He used it to make cold drinks.Traveler Marco Polo brought back recipes for chilled and frozen milk from China.Hundreds of years later,ice cream reached England.It is said that King Charles I enjoyed that treat very much.There is a story that he bribed his cook to keep the recipe for ice cream a royal secret.Today ice cream is known throughout the world.Americans alone eat more than two billion quarts a year. 问题:More than 2 billion quarts of ice cream have been eaten ( )
A. by Americans in one year
B. all over the world in one year
C. since the time of Nero
D. since America was discovered
12.  Last December 22 a pickup truck slid on an icy bridge over the Elizabeth River near Portsmouth,and slammed into the guardrail,where workers were removing scaffolding from a paving project.The impact threw Cornell Taylor,43,more than 70 feet into the frigid water below.Nearby,Joseph G.Brisson,36,was in the wheelhouse of his tugboat.He and his crew were talking about the upcoming holidays when suddenly their chatter was interrupted by an urgent voice:"Man down!"Brisson saw Taylor hit the water."He went down a few times and all I saw was a hand."Realizing there was no time to wait for rescue crews,Brisson took off his shoes and handed his wallet to a co-worker,then jumped feet-first into the 40-degree water.Swimming to Taylor,Brisson helped the disoriented man get his face above water."I told him I was not going to let him go,that if he went,I was going with him."The river current was freezing."I couldn't feel my legs,arms or hands,"Brisson said.He locked his legs around Taylor's waist and kept the injured man float and talking."I told him we were going to be all right,that we were both going to enjoy Christmas."Finally, after about 30 minutes in the water,the men were pulled to safety.Calling himself "a normal Joe,"Brisson says,"I have a family.I thought about that.But I thought about how life is very important,I couldn't let anything happen to him." 问题:After Brisson saw Taylor fall into the river,he ( )
A. waited for rescue crews first
B. couldn't be sure where the latter was
C. jumped into the cold water to save him
D. asked a co-worker to jump first
13.  The history of the Winter Games,however,has been even more troubled than that of the Summer Games.Until 1924 all the winter sports competitions,held every 4 years from 1901 to 1917 and again in 1992,had been in the Scandinavian countries-Sweden,Norway and Finland.The sportsmen of these countries believed that the Winter Games could only be held in the Scandinavian way.Coubertin,himself,was against a separate Winter Olympics as he felt that they would cause trouble within the Olympic movement.However,as winter holidays in the Alps became more and more popular,so did the idea of a truly international Winter Games.The first Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix in 1924,though they were only recognized by the International Olympic Committee as "Olympic" two years later in 1926.Although there were many arguments before them,the 1st Games were a success,but the problems did not end there.In 1935,it was decided by the IOC that ski teachers could not compete in the Olympics because they were professionals.This caused a big argument between the IOC and the International Ski Federation,who agreed with the ski teachers and,as the two organizations could come to an end very soon after their beginning.However,war came and with it an end to the discussions.When the war was finally over,the Winter Games were started up again,as before,in St Moritz in 1948 and the crisis had passed. 问题: the 1st Winter Olympics were held in ( )
A. 1901
B. 1922
C. 1924
D. 1926
14.  New measurements taken from sleeping people explain,at least in part,why dreams tend to have such bizarre but vivid storylines.The findings deal a blow to the Freudian interpretation of dreams but leave open the possibility that some useful personal meaning can be extracted from them.The main purpose of dreams,however,the authors of the new study believe,is to test whether the brain has had enough sleep and,if so,to wake it up.The new results show that in sleep,the frontal lobes of the brain are shut down.In the absence of activity in these lobes,which integrate other information and make sense of the outside world,the sleeping brain's images are driven by its emotional centers.The content of these dreams may be vivid and gripping but lacks coherence.The new results are consistent with the theory that memories are consolidated during sleep.From the pattern of activity that was recorded,"it seems that memories already in the system are being read out and filed in terms of their emotional salience,with is an extremely interesting idea,"said Dr.J.Allan Hobson of Harvard Medical School.The new measurements were made by applying the technique known as PET scanning to sleeping subjects.The biologists focused on the two forms of sleep,known as slow-wave sleep and REM sleep.REM sleep,so named because of the rapid eyeball movements that occur then,takes palce about four times during the night and is the phase from which the most vivid dreams are recalled. 问题:The new results of the study ( )
A. show that in sleep the frontal lobes of the brain are active
B. record the pattern of dream activity
C. prove that memories are consolidated during sleep
D. prove that dreams are based on and reflect daily facts
15.  Yet when their daytime alertness was tested later on, more than 80% were not (optimally) alert.
A. best possibly
B. actually
C. enough
D. really
16.  The history of the Winter Games,however,has been even more troubled than that of the Summer Games.Until 1924 all the winter sports competitions,held every 4 years from 1901 to 1917 and again in 1992,had been in the Scandinavian countries-Sweden,Norway and Finland.The sportsmen of these countries believed that the Winter Games could only be held in the Scandinavian way.Coubertin,himself,was against a separate Winter Olympics as he felt that they would cause trouble within the Olympic movement.However,as winter holidays in the Alps became more and more popular,so did the idea of a truly international Winter Games.The first Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix in 1924,though they were only recognized by the International Olympic Committee as "Olympic" two years later in 1926.Although there were many arguments before them,the 1st Games were a success,but the problems did not end there.In 1935,it was decided by the IOC that ski teachers could not compete in the Olympics because they were professionals.This caused a big argument between the IOC and the International Ski Federation,who agreed with the ski teachers and,as the two organizations could come to an end very soon after their beginning.However,war came and with it an end to the discussions.When the war was finally over,the Winter Games were started up again,as before,in St Moritz in 1948 and the crisis had passed. 问题: The crisis over the qualifications for competitions taking part in the Winter Games ended because ( )
A. the IOC made a final decision
B. the IOC and the International Ski Federation reached an agreement
C. war broke out and stopped the Games
D. the two organizations could not find a solution
17.  At first,she was almost alarmingly (apathetic) and seemed to be totally uninterested in my visit.
A. active
B. indifferent
C. emotional
D. enthusiastic
18.  New measurements taken from sleeping people explain,at least in part,why dreams tend to have such bizarre but vivid storylines.The findings deal a blow to the Freudian interpretation of dreams but leave open the possibility that some useful personal meaning can be extracted from them.The main purpose of dreams,however,the authors of the new study believe,is to test whether the brain has had enough sleep and,if so,to wake it up.The new results show that in sleep,the frontal lobes of the brain are shut down.In the absence of activity in these lobes,which integrate other information and make sense of the outside world,the sleeping brain's images are driven by its emotional centers.The content of these dreams may be vivid and gripping but lacks coherence.The new results are consistent with the theory that memories are consolidated during sleep.From the pattern of activity that was recorded,"it seems that memories already in the system are being read out and filed in terms of their emotional salience,with is an extremely interesting idea,"said Dr.J.Allan Hobson of Harvard Medical School.The new measurements were made by applying the technique known as PET scanning to sleeping subjects.The biologists focused on the two forms of sleep,known as slow-wave sleep and REM sleep.REM sleep,so named because of the rapid eyeball movements that occur then,takes palce about four times during the night and is the phase from which the most vivid dreams are recalled. 问题:According to the passage,all of the following are ture except that ( )
A. the content of the dreams is not very consistent and seems very boring
B. the technique,PET scanning,leads researchers to focus on two forms of sleep
C. a man's sleep can have 2 forms:slow-wave sleep and REM sleep
D. in REM sleep,rapid eyeball movements occur
19.  Laboratory experiments have confirmed that the sleep-deprived mind is (prone to)"microsleeps".
A. likely to suffer
B. easy to do
C. sensitive to
D. dumb to
20.  An amazingly precise biological clock within us regulates sleep and waking,and also (synchronizes) a vast array of biochemical events in our bodies.
A. regulates afterwards
B. works off in an efficient way
C. causes…to occur at the same time
D. supervises closely

需要满分标准资料请直接加QQ :1306998094

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 14:21 , Processed in 0.105763 second(s), 20 queries .