一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. While I am on holiday, ring me at my hotel only if there are any ___ message for me.|
2. The photographer gave no （response） to my question.选择能代替括号里的选项
3. The lecture_____, he left his seat so quietly that no one complained that his leaving disturbed the speaker.
C. having begun
D. being beginning
4. It was a ___ project.
5. Shanghai Jiao Tong University was （founded） in 1896.选择能代替括号里的选项
6. Which of the following is not a country?
7. A word of encouragement might have made me respect __ hate him.
A. in place of
B. in spite of
C. instead of
8. The River Naver flows through a green and beautiful___.
B. river bed
9. To ___ a living a person must be able to convince the company that he can do the job required.
10. The house ______in bad repair since he moved out.
B. has been
C. had been
D. was being
11. Which of the following does not related to sheep?
12. The decision to (keep) newspaper reporters away from the meeting was strongly criticized. 选择能代替括号里的选项
13. But that he saw it, he ___it.
A. could not have believed
B. did not believe
C. could not believe
D. cannot believe
14. The scientist （argued） that his discovery had changed the course of history.选择能代替括号里的选项
D. tried to prove
15. Do you know how the war ___?
C. was won
D. had won
16. The foreigner found to impossible for him to (give details) more exactly or precisely of what he wanted, and if he did we might help him. 选择能代替括号里的选项
17. He is thoroughly __ in this newly developed branch of knowledge ___ computer science.
A. in home
B. in his home
C. at home
D. at his home
18. Now able to pay his own____, he continued his schooling at the University of Zurich.
19. The actual cost of printing the book was much higher than his (earlier) estimate. 选择能代替括号里的选项
20. There is a supermarket near here. They have quite a lot of things_____.
A. to choose from
B. of choosing from
C. for choosing
D. to be chosen
21. The enemy air force dropped bombs ___ all over the city, causing many deaths together with great destructions.
22. The old man jumped off from the bridge and ___ the icy water save the drowning child.
A. plunged into
B. plunged to
C. plunged out
D. plunged for
23. Do not disturb me. I____ letters all morning and have written ten so far.
B. have written
C. was writing
D. have been writing
24. The aim fell so heavily that it ___ through the ceiling.
25. The committee reported its __ after a through investigation.