一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. But I _____ weight if I don’t exercise.|
A. put up
B. put on
C. put with
2. If he was fitter, he( )live longer.
3. A ), Polly? B:I'd like a glass of wine, thank you.
A. Do you want
B. What would you like
C. What you like
4. It is useful to be able to predict the extent _______ which a price change will affect supply and deman
5. The weather report says that there will be a strom ____ two days.
6. The girl in the snapshot was smiling sweetly, ________.
A. her long hair flowed in the breeze
B. her long hair flowing in the breeze
C. her long hair flow in the breeze
D. her long hair was flowing in the breeze
7. I usually go to the office _____ train.
8. Never before_____in greater need of modern public transport than it is today.
A. has this city been
B. this city has been
C. was this city
D. this city was
9. His ______ is full of happiness.
10. The rent is 700 pounds a month. It is a good price ( ) the area.
11. A:Hello. I'm David Manning. Nice to meet you. B: ( ).
A. I'm nice, too
B. Fine, thank you
C. Nice to meet you too. I'm Xiaoyan
12. A:What do you do? B: ( ).
A. I am washing the dishes now
B. I am a policeman
C. I do my homework
13. A: ( )is David from? B:I think he's an American. But I'm not sure.
14. Mary never does any reading in the evening,________ .
A. so does John
B. John does too
C. John doesn't too
D. nor does John
15. – Will you have some dessert, Judy? – ( ).
A. No, thank you. I'm on a diet
B. Yes, I've had enough
C. You are so good at making it
D. Oh, I don't mind
16. If you don’t want to get wet, then you’d better ________ this umbrella with you.
C. to take
17. You ______ all those calculations! We have a computer to do that sort of thing.
A. needn’t have done
B. must not have done
C. shouldn’t have done
D. must have done
18. —How are you feeling? —Much better. _________.
A. Thanks for coming to see me.
B. You look great.
C. You are so tired.
D. Don't mention it.
19. I was ____ that I had seen him before; I couldn’t have been mistaken.
20. Only by chance .
A. I heard that her mother had died
B. did I hear that her mother had died
C. Had I heard that her mother had died
D. I had heard that her mother had died.
21. He is a good student. He never _____ late.
22. A ), Polly? B:I'd like a glass of wine, thank you.
A. Do you want
B. What would you like
C. What you like
23. A: I like documentaries on TV. B: ( ).
A. So am I
B. So do I
C. So have I
24. – David, you've been losing your temper over nothing lately. – ( ).
A. I haven’t been getting much sleep either
B. You’d better not push yourself too hard, or you’ll get sick
C. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have blown up like that
D. You’d better do exercises regularly
25. ( )every day for 20 minutes.
B. To exercise
C. Should exercise
26. Who is that man over there? Do you know _____ name?
27. A:So, do you like the cinema near Hyde Park? B:Yes, I ( ) it.
B. am loving
28. A: ( )? B:She is talking to Mary.
A. What is she doing right now
B. What does she do
C. What is she talking about
29. Smoking is bad for your health. You'd better _______.
A. give up it
B. give it up
C. take out it
D. take it out
30. When he realized the police had spotted him, the man ______ the exit as quickly as possible.
A. made off
B. made for
C. made out
D. made up
31. I'm tired. I( )working very hard.
D. have been
32. – What do you find difficult in learning English? – ( ).
A. Listening and speaking
B. Don't be afraid of difficulties
C. Learning English is useful
D. Don't be disappointed
33. A: ( )is David from? B:I think he's an American. But I'm not sure.
34. Her experience __________ how easily young women can ________ trouble abroad.
A. show…get into
B. shows…get in
C. show…get in
D. shows…get into
35. Kindness is the most important __________ a man can have.
36. That was the first time the old lady _______ her sufferings to others.
A. was telling
B. had told
37. There isn't anything wrong with the radio, ______?
A. is there
B. is it
C. does it
D. does there
38. — You seem to show interest in cooking. — What? ____, I'm getting tired of it.
A. On the contrary
B. To the contrary
C. On the other hand
D. To the other hand
39. Polly goes to a gym twice ( )week with her friends.
40. I ________ my handbag stolen last week.
41. Hello, ( )Franco Rossi speaking. Can I speak to Polly Williams?
A. this is
B. he is
C. I am
42. What is your job? I am ( )information technology manager.
43. My uncle ( )in the IT Department. But now he ( ) on a plan for the marketing department.
A. works, is working
B. work, is working
C. is working, works
44. ____he works hard, I don’t mind when he finishes the experiment.
A. As soon as
B. As well as
C. So far as
D. So long as
45. A )? B:My father is a manager. My mother is a nurse.
A. Where are your parents
B. What do your parents do
C. What are your parents doing right now
46. Will you _____ me a favor, please?
47. – Excuse me. Is this table taken? – ( ).
A. We haven't booked the dishes
B. We haven't ordered the dishes
C. Yeah. I'm saving these seats for friends
D. Yeah. I'm stuffed
48. Rose is _____ easy-going than Frank in the interview.
C. much more
49. A:I don’t get up late on Sundays. B: _____.
A. Neither have I
B. Neither am I
C. Neither do I
50. – Do you like watching football matches? – ( ).
A. Thank you for inviting me
B. I don't like watching it on TV, either
C. I hear the football match will be put off
D. Football? No. It's a waste of time