奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1228|回复: 0

东师《高级英语》2014春第二次在线作业(随机)

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-8-22 13:29:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
谋学网(www.mouxue.com)是国内最专业的奥鹏作业资料,奥鹏离线作业资料及奥鹏毕业论文辅导型网站,主要提供奥鹏中医大、大工、东财、北语、北航、川大、南开等奥鹏作业资料辅导,致力打造中国最专业的远程教育辅导社区。; m. Z( q& g, D5 F/ K( `
# I9 I5 ]; D; V4 f$ @. f/ H
一、多选(共 4 道试题,共 10 分。)V 1.  Which of the sentences below apply the rhetorical device of metaphor?' b: w" u3 E- ^- c
A. One turns on the radio while doing something else and absentmindedly bathes in the sound.8 P* ?/ m0 N- W- }
B. Immediately that one note is enough to change the atmosphere of the room—proving that the sound element in music is a powerful and mysterious agent, which it would be foolish to deride or belittle.
' l7 ?7 t* N" \/ ^% D$ b5 kC. You will soon realize that each theme mirrors a different world of feeling.  g# ^7 [; n7 K. d
D. But one should never try to boil it down to “the fateful hammer of life,” etc.
1 T( R) q% W6 g6 t- A      满分:2.5  分7 }: g0 ?( g- V- z9 T4 f6 t
2.  Understatement is applied in ________.! r7 J) r5 T% T& Y, I, x
A. It is the rarest thing in the world to hear a rational discussion of vivisection.8 o9 J6 v' ~( L5 \: q7 t. E) S
B. What he thought was, “I must have a Navy as good as Grandmamma’s.”6 n6 O9 V# R/ ]/ e& x/ q+ u
C. When the Arabs, who had been used to living sparingly on a few dates, acquired the riches of the Eastern Roman Empire…& s" M" ]. o" i2 f
D. When white men first effect contact with some unspoilt race of savages, they offer them all kinds of benefits, from the light of the Gospel to pumpkin pie.
0 Q; Q0 E6 V6 }  z      满分:2.5  分
5 {1 S) }$ c- Q% J# g2 ], l' L3.  Sarcasm is applied in ________.: {! g8 z1 ?" J
A. When white men first effect contact with some unspoilt race of savages, they offer them all kinds of benefits, from the light of the Gospel to pumpkin pie.
' m" D' n; B* |4 h0 ?2 NB. When the Arabs, who had been used to living sparingly on a few dates, acquired the riches of the Eastern Roman Empire and dwelt in palaces of almost unbelievable luxury, they did not, on that account, become inactive.
6 z" s/ l7 F5 bC. When London crowds assemble in Trafalgar Square to cheer to the echo an announcement that the government has decided to have them killed, they would not do so if they had walked 25 mile that day.) @  g& ]4 W% e1 d* |8 e  q
D. Any persons found advocating a preventive war should be condemned to two hours a day with these ingenious monsters.
% E% P* B5 U# \" ^      满分:2.5  分- n- |7 D2 d* Q' h+ v
4.  Parallelism is used in ________.
5 w- e% e4 z. G  Y/ C% dA. It is women who can bring empathy, tolerance, insight, patience, and persistence to government …, x& H) k- t( w0 t' h
B. The women of a nation mold its moral, its religions, and its politics by the lives they live.& a7 i9 i" m  z- Z0 U
C. Why are women thought of as secretaries, not administrators? Librarians and teachers, but not doctors and lawyers?# Y8 i/ T& L5 x
D. “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done …”( M: g+ o6 Q& s: b9 w% H
      满分:2.5  分 6 `  ^% w* N" P4 N3 @  A
3 b: l1 a9 g" B( i4 W, g
二、判断题(共 36 道试题,共 90 分。)V 1.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) The author found the area very disturbing because the equator sun was beating down him mercilessly.
+ d- |4 q# j9 Q+ M5 L5 GA. 错误
0 E3 O0 d, y, z6 f  IB. 正确
. k! n0 E) K2 R1 u% x' ^      满分:2.5  分' @; S2 _3 @8 s
2.  (Vivisection) Protest against vivisection used to be strong, but today no one dare show any opposition.$ }$ O. Z9 k- Z! Z
A. 错误  ^+ |" F% J+ R
B. 正确3 n+ C" R! A- ~; N* p; Z" X+ T& t& q
      满分:2.5  分# {; O) l5 q* f; _5 r1 x) L
3.  (On Human Nature and Politics) Even gods love to be praised.
; s* P  K6 f. y% ^! MA. 错误
' ?9 m) H6 G! P4 c* ?4 F) BB. 正确  V( A$ r5 q* w; i& _0 C
      满分:2.5  分
8 E! c8 T! K& y& ]' j: A0 }* w4.  (The Spanish Bullfight) Successful matadors are even more idolized than film stars.
% v2 Y: k1 s* Y- @/ XA. 错误
7 T; B: s9 \1 k: t5 d0 z( d, l" RB. 正确2 B6 t2 Q4 b" `* ]
      满分:2.5  分" r" D7 D3 `, A# |: g
5.  (Why I Write) Orwell believes that talented people have individual ambition which is a motive to drive them on.% J% P+ u; `3 d  j8 o
A. 错误
' w+ J4 l3 j7 q: B; kB. 正确, T6 i, ?1 i9 g* k8 l3 P1 `6 C
. h$ Z  v# {" T2 ]6 s3 t5 a6.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) Priestley thinks he will become more famous if people know what is in his mind when he is sleepless., Q" s/ O6 h) a; e
A. 错误
, Q1 [% c1 M% {) w. L3 pB. 正确
9 d; N: T4 b+ H/ ?9 E) o, y      满分:2.5  分
5 s- |. n3 H' L8 t7.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) The author says that when he is in bed, he feels like writing, so he puts pens, ink and paper near him.; i0 X( F3 P* A0 L+ ?4 j8 {  k
A. 错误3 d! {# \, j% L6 {1 z4 s# R
B. 正确
; g/ j$ W, d$ i2 P( b1 G      满分:2.5  分
' Q' M( l# p% a  r" O  I8.  (The Trouble with Television) Television stations in the US often organize the viewers on a guided tour to museums, cathedrals or other places of interest.3 _2 ?" p5 e* V# [
A. 错误
% ^& i" P2 Z9 V0 p# i3 aB. 正确
9 x5 M* b0 j# y. ^% \4 ?- p% w      满分:2.5  分  i* A% R6 i! G9 n3 v9 [
9.  (Vivisection) The author dismisses the question of how much cruelty there is in laboratories because it is not important at all.
" G9 z6 O: M( R/ T9 |( O2 mA. 错误
: Q5 A# \9 e* u: ^- J" n3 j; eB. 正确; h1 p# u6 ~1 N! x0 h3 u2 d( H
  d6 n0 u5 V$ v/ A9 O  _. j- \10.  (On Human Nature and Politics) The more experience you have of exercising power, the more power you desire.
0 A1 _, O8 ?# i8 ]& Q; a: IA. 错误
! D. B, ^- P+ q7 uB. 正确. S+ l7 U" }$ d$ a' y( |4 }+ e
' Y$ x% L+ S% t3 G! @11.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) Priestly doesn’t think he has an iron will, and he is not sorry about it.
. \0 d9 x8 r2 ]' L! k* E- mA. 错误
, a! \, N3 H; C- U5 ~B. 正确) M. p+ R* t) ?6 Z8 L
      满分:2.5  分% `2 r7 d) p9 a
12.  (A Lesson in Living) Mrs. Flowers read to Marguerite a poem from the book A Tale of Two Cities.& [+ X. q2 _, Y6 e, R( z$ S, t" d
A. 错误
# q/ n8 h' H9 Y* _( ]B. 正确1 s3 I# Z* L, {$ C+ ^& @$ `# J
# \4 r3 O! l: J13.  (Science Has Spoiled My Supper) Hatred is the very feeling the author has about what science has done to food.
' \1 j2 f% \6 R* E7 Z2 b2 Y- u3 ?$ `" \A. 错误$ w7 T( P. ]. z) P, R+ E
B. 正确" t$ u/ m: f$ B& N# q8 c" y
! [; U/ K4 X& j' l0 \9 ?14.  (A Lesson in Living) Mrs. Flowers understood Marguerite’s feelings better than Momma did.
- m4 U: f& i! v5 jA. 错误
% e8 v# W* M2 `$ ?4 G& DB. 正确% ?7 R/ S" E; r- r0 w) w! u# R; U
      满分:2.5  分8 r7 H; W9 ~2 ?0 P, i1 ]0 g
15.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) The African guides were unhappy when the author decided to interrupt the pursuit and have lunch.
$ j) k# ?# [0 Q1 ]0 u9 b% uA. 错误' P1 R9 A6 \$ o0 C* `
B. 正确! P1 {! Y& L9 i+ a. y, d
      满分:2.5  分* x( Z% J0 h$ r" e, f2 P
16.  (Eveline) Eveline was more attracted to Frank by his wide experience than by his person.6 A  l5 d; M& l" q! d" ~! T+ j
A. 错误
. t2 T* v1 B, S8 o2 g* d9 jB. 正确8 `6 T- i3 I( c8 V
9 F: ?- Q( ~9 _17.  (Why I Write) Orwell first gives information about his early development because he thinks that one cannot evaluate a writer’s motives without such background knowledge.+ n! \: G2 S, J$ N- c
A. 错误
9 Y7 G8 Z* R5 S  g" y" H9 O- ^: [B. 正确* M  y& n, L6 r. O  Y
      满分:2.5  分$ W0 b2 O/ l# z& `. I! c
18.  (The Trouble with Television) The American public is not well aware of the adverse effects of television.
/ K& N. b1 ~- I) e( L) Q- nA. 错误! ]: Y# |: l% o
B. 正确8 P& N, Z5 J# `
2 }# }  Y4 I4 ^. \$ }8 F19.  (A Lesson in Living) Mrs. Flowers has the manner of a rich lady: refined, gentle and gracious.
! F# E, Q! S9 X- hA. 错误1 p2 c% x3 q0 U  W  G
B. 正确# c$ U1 P% n1 c, p  k
  T3 N9 I8 _/ V, t' F! W20.  (Eveline) What made Eveline pluck up her courage and leave for the station was that she didn’t want to live her mother.- l+ A% A/ F0 t6 U. s0 r
A. 错误: ~6 w  u' y3 r  z
B. 正确+ p: O( }  a  Y/ h; f# c! i, I/ x3 ^
      满分:2.5  分. K5 y- q( K' q+ T6 P3 ?, N
21.  (Jerusalem the Golden) British high school students wore uniforms provided by the government.
# H) P! m2 z' n6 uA. 错误
9 Q, f7 u- h4 E( FB. 正确
9 I" G1 k6 U7 n' |5 M0 x      满分:2.5  分4 C5 ]5 `5 {3 q: m6 T( B6 K1 h  ~; D
22.  (What to Listen for in Music) An intelligent listener is satisfied with a general concept of what a musical piece means.
4 u$ \6 W' c6 n# {; [A. 错误
- X7 O- x5 ^( m8 ?B. 正确7 J( t& G6 b' u; L3 k
      满分:2.5  分1 d- L) y+ r" j- Q  `7 q1 m
23.  (What to Listen for in Music) “The fateful hammer of life” is a precise description of the first main theme of the Ninth Symphony.2 ~( Z" m, a$ N0 b( B* G
A. 错误
0 A5 A5 M& L8 n$ kB. 正确2 M- w& F6 r2 n0 X
      满分:2.5  分8 ?  T, F4 m: u" U7 E6 h
24.  (Rock Superstars) Some sociologists believe that on effective way to know people and the society is to ask questions about rock music.
9 w% f2 \0 [8 q2 A% [5 JA. 错误
; w7 z, z' A+ n( K' ~7 bB. 正确4 g3 H, [" k# t* m; }1 T9 @
$ _* n$ O. @0 u' t( N25.  (Four Choices for Young People) The author tries to prove with his own experience that people are likely to be radical reformers when young.7 E& |+ R; D7 A7 D: ^
A. 错误5 f3 [' D9 K  X' T
B. 正确! C9 J5 P6 Q) {& W3 u( \% @
" a" E3 N; c" F& k! k26.  (Science Has Spoiled My Supper) The author thinks it wrong to cut costs by mass-producing “standardized” cheese.
9 O! v$ [. ?/ UA. 错误
; ~% p0 w4 T% ]$ Y# b. U, WB. 正确
( M8 ?8 v' g7 P& {2 ^; N      满分:2.5  分: v9 C" |, ?8 k: N# W+ r% H
27.  (Four Choices for Young People) To deal with such problems, the young should draw on the experiences of the old rather than reject them altogether.7 J* b1 A5 b. \8 x
A. 错误
% Y9 w. z" ^% l9 {7 j: `B. 正确
6 w, }0 o5 C# T& r) P      满分:2.5  分
2 R- {! S: R0 q* z3 j28.  (The Spanish Bullfight) A priest prays for the matadors before the fight.( a* S$ ~; ~# N( L5 Q
A. 错误
7 `" N. @# f) [' C) M% Z- @B. 正确+ B+ F" ?7 `" C
      满分:2.5  分' n0 P4 Q# i- n( ~2 V% a# g+ D
29.  (Rock Superstars) Chris Singer, a rock fan, worshiped Bob Dylan as a god and actually crawled on his knees into one of his concerns.1 b) @5 a3 l6 p- g# L
A. 错误( Z6 i+ k* B  W( |; B7 f# t) H
B. 正确
4 Z0 ^* R% U. s+ T      满分:2.5  分4 p/ h( w6 o4 m% w3 ?3 q7 s: |
30.  (The Tragedy of Old Age in America) Old people who are poor have been poor all their lives.
7 F: Z2 ]# v% {* `9 ^- {: ^( NA. 错误+ X; L- J% z/ o6 j5 l4 g" j
B. 正确
6 K3 d- O. t+ X8 T' D  c7 o' l      满分:2.5  分9 d* v0 r" B$ a# D  O; f
31.  (Vivisection) The author doesn’t think the victory of vivisectionists is final.1 v& e& \) s8 J; L& H6 @
A. 错误
# `7 O* q$ q' K; i: W% pB. 正确& P9 R" N6 \  s+ c7 O1 z
      满分:2.5  分5 s0 d. e( M8 }, z$ R
32.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) When the author and his party se out that morning, he was quite certain that he would meet the gorillas.9 a  m1 E6 J: @3 n1 W9 q! h
A. 错误9 Z& \: D& O8 j0 S7 p  H! a, I$ T
B. 正确
) n; D/ K" o9 W4 Y) c) x      满分:2.5  分
( H9 I% D. |, e2 t. a" K33.  (The Tragedy of Old Age in America) The author implies that it is only natural for employers to practice job discrimination against the old.
1 y; ]: O" O/ z  ^& g0 C& z3 K7 d) \A. 错误. E+ j  i) g  }9 S
B. 正确
6 R$ s: [  n: [( P( ?2 E. X      满分:2.5  分0 [& A" a, C0 k- z: J; j! E
34.  (A Lesson in Living) Marguerite was a sensitive girl and was upset by Momma’s behavior towards Mrs. Flowers.
# O! h. y" @  J' VA. 错误; `, Y3 g, F  o4 j0 N( t( D7 k4 s
B. 正确' ~. q6 p- g: j; K
7 b! s& f' e  E' L/ `' n% V7 ^7 n- `* {35.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) Gorillas have far greater physical strength than human beings.
# N3 u6 X+ |1 M/ E5 d) F9 GA. 错误
' u1 `. i3 l+ nB. 正确5 m- {' v: C: C
$ g( ^' O) ^# }( o36.  (Jerusalem the Golden) This excerpt shows the author’s interest in feminine psychology./ |' c3 f. w6 ~  Q- @, H
A. 错误5 d" B9 x! R, C+ L4 o( K
B. 正确
' E! j$ n5 w$ ~+ n* [8 x+ [      满分:2.5  分 ) y7 K+ ^( N7 ~; k# Q3 E

8 n7 p4 i4 G: k! ]谋学网(www.mouxue.com)是国内最专业的奥鹏作业资料,奥鹏离线作业资料及奥鹏毕业论文辅导型网站,主要提供奥鹏中医大、大工、东财、北语、北航、川大、南开等奥鹏作业资料辅导,致力打造中国最专业的远程教育辅导社区。
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 08:46 , Processed in 0.121628 second(s), 23 queries .