一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. "Are you worried about your son being alone in a strange country?"" _________. I'm sure he'll manage fine"
A. By all means
B. Of course
C. Not in the least
D. No wonder
2. But for her mother's sudden illness, she would never think of breaking this _________with you.
3. Fluency in three languages _________her for work in the European Parliament.
4. According to the recent research, heavy coffee drinking and heart attack are not necessarily ____ an effect．
5. Jim is one of the most popular ________ in my company.
6. A:I’m thinking of the test tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t pass this time. B:_____! I’m sure you’ll make it.
A. Go ahead
B. Good luck
D. Cheer up
7. We'd like to _________a table for five for dinner this evening.
8. If you live in the country or have ever visited there, ______ are that you have heard birds singing to welcome the new day.
9. I am sorry I am not in a position to answer this question. Ask the man sitting by the window. He is _________here.
A. in charge
D. in power
10. John remarked after the meeting that the speaker was a woman of _________wit.
11. I still believe children should be disciplined when the need_________.
12. A:Is this Mr. White’s office, Linda? B:Yes, Mr. Taylor. He’s waiting for us.____.
A. Of course
B. After you
C. This way ,please
D. Make yourself at home
13. I don’t think he is a good writer; he specially writes books to _____ to low tastes.
14. Through which ______ did you get the information?
15. For more accurate data, we need more _________equpipment to do the research.
16. Most people are not yet aware that water is a precious resource that must be_________.
17. As a receptionist, my job_________answering phone calls and offering general information about the company.
A. is involved with
B. consists of
18. A:It's a good idea. But who's going to _______ the plan? B: I think Tom and Greg will.
A. set aside
B. carry out
C. carry away
D. get through
19. ----I’ve passed the driving test! ----I’m glad to hear that you ____ it at last!
20. I have told her on ________occasions that George is not a man to be trusted.
21. In these remote villages, women are _________the opportunity of having a career.
22. President Bush admitted that no proof had been found that Iraq had _____ weapons.
23. Being_________about its future, investors are wary of putting more money in the dot.com industry.
24. Tian’anmen Square is situated in the ________ of Beijing city.
25. A:____would you like your coffee, black or white? B:White, please.
D. How much
26. A:What are you looking for? B:I’m looking for a tool____.
A. and open the box
B. with that to open the box
C. and opening the box
D. to open the box
27. A:Why is____ she put off going abroad for further education? B:Because of SARS.
C. it that
28. The president to the automobile company said that short-term profit is not at the top of company's _________list.Their major concern at present is developing a more competitive model.
29. The new research team ______ charge of a _____ engineer will carry out the plan.
A. in; main
B. take ; major
C. in the ; chief
D. with the ; primary
30. The earthquake left thousands of people in _________need of medical care.
31. The survey shows that the officials of some listed(上市的)companies are _________themselves at the expense of the stockholders(股东).
32. She has the ability to keep _______ in an emergency.
33. After the earthquake, the injured were cared ________ in the hospitals or taken by air to the hospitals in the neighboring cities.
34. The employer worked his men almost _________collapse.
A. to the extent of
B. to the point of
C. on top of
D. in spite of
35. Brain cheated in the last math exam, so he thought he could _________it again this time,but he was wrong.
A. get rid of
B. get away with
C. avoid being caught
D. mess around with
36. _________by a strange loud noise downstairs, the two girls jumped from their bed and screamed.
37. In the past ten years Jack has been with us, I think he has proved that he _________respect from everyone of us.
38. The plot of the novel _________the economic development of the village.
A. evolves with
B. emerges from
C. blends with
D. attaches to
39. James Joyce's novels are difficult to understand and impossible _________into another language.
A. to translate
B. for translation
C. to translate it
D. being translated
40. A:Hello, Will you please put me through with Room 302? B: Hold on please .... Oh, the guest in Room 302 _______ two hours ago.
A. checked in
B. checked out
C. checked up
D. checked away
41. Most of ______ geniuses are successful only because they have made extraordinary efforts.
A. what do we call
B. what we call
C. we call it
D. we call what
42. Bonuses are meant to _________hard work and outstanding performance.This means that not all workers are entitled to them.
43. This entrance is in_________use:do not block it.
44. Wait till you are more ________ . It's better to be sure than sorry.
45. The seller gave me a thirty percent _________on the shirt.Don't you think it's a good bargain?
46. I could see from her expression that my comments had_________.
A. come through
B. hit home
C. borne out
D. got away
47. Aaul, I’d like to have a talk with you at the tea break. B:____Have What with me?
A. Yes, please.
D. You’re welcome.
48. The store had to _________ a number of clerks because sales were down.
A. lay out
B. lay off
C. lay aside
D. lay down
49. To keep up with the pace of the modern world, we must overcome the_________to new technology.
50. It wasn't the dinner. It was _________people talked about at the dinner that disgusted him.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册