一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. With the shining water before you and the wind ( ), trees behind you, you can not help ( ).
A. blow...but feel relaxed
B. blowing... feeling relaxed
C. blown...but feel relaxing
D. blowing... but feel relaxing
2. A computer file is a collection of ( ) data, used to organize the storage and processing of data by computer.
3. This report offered the most （ ） and accurate information on the possible defects resulting from cloning.
4. Vicki never worried or hesitated about anything, she just（ ） it and almost always got whatever she wanted.
A. went by
B. went for
C. went over
D. went with
5. （ ）impressed me most was that all the players had shown strong team spirit on the sports field.
6. Grandma always paid attention to the needs, wishes and feelings of those around her. She was the most （ ）woman I've ever known.
7. ( )their service, many taxi drivers in Shanghai are now learning everyday English.
B. Having improved
D. To improve
8. My son failed to come back home last night. This morning the police came to our house and （ ）my worst fears that he was injured in a car accident.
9. Certainly in our society teachers don't enjoy the respect that is ( ) to doctors and lawyers.
10. Color-blind people often find it difficult to ( )from blue and green.
11. The thought of dying slowly and painfully （ ）me. I really can't understand why so many people are opposed to euthanasia (安乐死).
12. While freshmen are considered part of the academic elite, some of them appear to lack common sense （ ）following the traffic regulations.
A. coming to
B. when coming to
C. when it comes to
D. when they come to
13. Where was （ ）the traffic accident happened last night?
B. the place that
C. the place
D. it that
14. Parks and open spaces are essential to the quality of life in dense ( ) areas such as New York City.
C. that suburban
15. I just wonder if （ ）ever（ ）that you could have your own enterprise and run it yourself when you were still a student.
B. you...occurred to it
C. it...occurred to you
16. The meeting was successful and ended with a(n) （ ） to step up cooperation between the six states of the region.
17. He was ashamed. That feeling （ ） , and he was never comfortable in church after that.
18. Mary （ ） to go abroad for further education, but she gave it up later.
A. is hoping
B. was hoping
C. had hoped
D. has hoped
19. We often hold fairs here. There are a lot of things ( ) .
A. to choose from
B. to choose
C. to be chosen
D. for choosing
20. In the last few years, the Internet and the World Wide Web have become ( ) words; almost everyone has heard of them.
21. As she matured as an artist, she （ ） realize that "all artists are a product of their culture."
A. came to
B. kept to
C. took to
D. went to
22. NASA's Mars program was set back when two spacecraft failed up reaching Mars, one （ ）up in the planet's atmosphere and the other after a software failure.
A. burned; disappeared
B. burned; disappearing
C. burning; disappearing
D. burning; disappeared
23. He （ ）the problem （ ）in his mind for a whole week before he did anything about it.
24. "Hi, John, could you show me how to （ ） graphics with text on the same screen?"
25. My trip to the small village under the control of the enemy fire was full of delays and difficulties, but I eventually （ ） .
A. got by
B. turned it over
C. hit the sack
D. made it
26. The ( ) of older persons is relatively low in developing countries, but it is growing much faster than in the West.
27. When energy is converted from one form to another, some energy is always lost as heat.（ ）,no energy conversion is 100% efficient.
A. In other terms
B. In other words
C. In another way
D. In some way
28. In social dancing, the participants dance for their own pleasure rather than for the ( ) of an audience.
29. The woman is a （ ）offender and has been arrested five times this year for shoplifting.
30. （ ）more information, they could make the plan better than it is now.
A. Having given
B. If giving
D. To be given
31. After a very busy schedule in the past two months, Kenneth plans to take things （ ）for a while.
A. at ease
D. with ease
32. Because of the mad cow disease, the European Union （ ）a worldwide ban on British beef and beef product exports.
33. Any excitement you have at starting a new job is always ( ) with a certain amount of fear.
34. A remote-controlled bomb exploded outside a hotel near the town square yesterday, （ ）at least 12 people.
A. having been injured
B. having injured
35. It seems these creatures can （ ）temperatures which would kill other species.
36. The worsening of the country's economy could mean ( ) public support for the ruling party.
37. In some areas China is（ ）the developed countries, but it will take some years before we can catch up with them.
A. growing into
B. whipping up
C. gaining on
D. heading for
38. Japan's productivity has overtaken America's in some manufacturing industries, but elsewhere the United States has （ ）its lead.
A. take up
B. brought back
C. rested on
D. clung to
39. Wireless waste from cell phones, pocket PCs, and music players （ ） special problems because they have toxic chemicals in batteries and other components.
40. Henry stood by me when I most needed it. I will always （ ） that.
41. Scientists have discovered many planets orbiting distant stars, all are （ ）to life.
42. For traditional Chinese painters, fame and fortune come late, and it is （ ）for artists to hold their first exhibitions when they are over seventy years old.
A. hardly common
B. less frequent
C. not unheard of
D. just usual
43. Makers of consumer electronics will pay for environmental sanitation services to collect and （ ） used refrigerators, computers and televisions under the new rules.
C. dispose of
D. deal with
44. The problem of poverty is particularly （ ） in rural areas where one in three adults is unemployed.
45. For convenience's sake, most couples in America have a ( ) bank account instead of separate accounts.
46. Space exploration has been made ( )with the development of modern science and technology.
A. it possible
B. it was possible
C. that possible
47. As some of the rules concerning foreign trade run contrary to the principles of the WTO, the government decided to （ ）them as soon as possible.
48. If your monthly salary exceeds 10,000, you have to （ ） 20% tax from the sum you receive.
49. The school strives to treat pupils as individuals and to help each one to achieve their full （ ）.
50. The changes our city （ ）in the past few years are little short of miraculous.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册