一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. A fire engine must have priority as it usually has to deal with some kind of ___.
2. Many people complain of the rapid ___ of modern life.
3. He ___ over a stump, nearly falling onto the ground.
4. His wife is constantly finding ___ with him, which makes him very angry.
5. Such crimes may be so complex that months or years go by before anyone ___ them.
B. will discover
C. would have discovered
6. I ___ the book I wanted to find before I left the bookstore.
A. caught sight of
C. got hold
D. lost sight of
7. Anna was reading a piece of science fiction, completely ___ to the outside world.
A. having been lost
B. to be lost
8. The shop assistant was dismissed as she was ___ of cheating customers.
9. Mike’s uncle insists ___ in this hotel.
A. staying not
B. not to stay
C. that he would not stay
D. that he not stay
10. Before you leave, please ___ all the windows are closed.
B. make sure
11. He wrote about 90 ___.
12. It is high time that such practices ___.
A. are ended
B. be ended
C. were ended
D. must be ended
13. The doctor had almost lost hope at one point, but the patient finally ___.
A. pulled out
B. pulled through
C. pulled up
D. pulled over
14. They always give the vacant seats to ___ comes first.
15. Mechanics ___ a concept in physics.
16. I was always taught that it was ___ to interrupt.
17. Do you think that the quality of the product is superior ___ that one’s?
18. Wouldn’t you rather your child ___ to bed early?
C. would go
19. The soldier risked ___ to save the child.
A. his life
B. to lose his life
20. It’s difficult to ___ her from her sister.
C. said to
D. spoke to
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册