一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. I don't know the park, but it's ________ to be quite beautiful.
2. Our journey was slow because the train stopped ___ at different villages.
3. Had you come five minutes earlier, you ________ the train to Birmingham. But now you missed it.
A. would catch
B. would have caught
C. could catch
D. should catch
4. There is an undesirable ___ nowadays to make films showing violence.
5. It is quite necessary for a qualified teacher to have good manners and ___ knowledge.
6. Today's weather is ________ worse than yesterday's.
C. very much
D. much too
7. We’ll visit Europe next year ___ we have enough money.
8. It was essential that the application forms ___ back before the deadline.
A. must be sent
B. would be sent
C. be sent
D. were sent
9. Mike is better than Peter________ swimming.
10. Although he did not know London well, he made his way ________ to the airport.
A. easy enough
C. easily enough
D. enough easily
11. If you don’t work hard, you would amount ___.
A. to anything
B. to nothing
C. to anybody
D. to nobody
12. The baby is hungry, but there's ________ milk in the bottle.
B. a little
D. a few
13. Eggs, though rich in nourishments, have ________ of fat.
A. a large number
B. the large number
C. a large amount
D. the large amount
14. A ___ of red arrows on the wall point the way to the meeting room.
15. He has been in office for 3 years ___.
A. up to the day
B. in the day
C. to the same day
D. to the day
16. It's bad ________ for you to smoke in the public places where smoking is not allowed.
17. The young lady coming over to us ________ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that!
A. must be
B. can be
C. would be
D. could be
18. My father seemed to be in no ___ to look at my school report.
19. The boy got ___ his bike in front of a post office.
20. It is not that we are more eager, ___ we have invented all sorts of social devices to hasten the process.
B. but that
D. only because
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册