一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. Not until the game had begun ________ at the sports ground.
A. had he arrived
B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive
D. should he have arrived
2. Everybody ________ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
3. You will see this product ________ wherever you go.
A. to be advertised
4. —“May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o’clock tonight?”—“I’m sorry. Mr. Williams ________ to a conference long before then.”
A. will have gone
B. had gone
C. would have gone
D. has gone
5. Niagara Falls is a great tourist ________, drawing millions of visitors every year.
6. The clothes a person wears may express his ________ or social position.
7. It is our ________ policy that we will achieve unity through peaceful means.
8. She cooked the meat for a long time so as to make it ________ enough to eat.
9. By law, when one makes a large purchase, he should have ________ opportunity to change his mind.
10. The early pioneers had to ________ many hardships to settle on the new land.
A. go along with
B. go back on
C. go through
D. go into
11. I have no objection ________ your story again.
A. to hear
B. to hearing
C. to having heard
D. to have heard
12. In order to show his boss what a careful worker he was, he took ________ trouble over the figures.
13. He is ________ about his chances of winning a gold medal in the Olympics next year.
14. The growth of part-time and flexible working patterns, and of training and retraining schemes, ________ more women to take advantage of employment opportunities.
A. have allowed
15. Peter, who had been driving all day, suggested ________ at the next town.
A. to stop
D. having stopped
16. These books, which you can get at any bookshop, will give you ________ you need.
A. all the information
B. all the informations
C. all of information
D. all of the information
17. This kind of glasses manufactured by experienced craftsmen ________ comfortably.
A. is worn
D. are worn
18. Putting in a new window will ________ cutting away part of the roof.
19. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders ________ will happen to her private life.
20. The sale usually takes place outside the house, with the audience ________ on benches, chairs or boxes.
A. having seated
D. having been seated
21. The suggestion that the major ________ the prizes was accepted by everyone.
A. would present
D. ought to present
22. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is ________.
23. There are signs ________ restaurants are becoming more popular with families.
C. in which
24. Young people are not ________ to stand and look at works of art; they want art they can participate in.
25. Although many people view conflict as bad, conflict is sometimes useful ________ it forces people to test the relative merits of their attitudes and behaviors.
A. by which
B. to which
C. in that
D. so that
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册