奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 6527|回复: 0

东北农业大学网络教育学院大学英语第一册作业题(2014更新版)

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-12-11 21:45:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
东北农业大学网络教育学院
大学英语第一册作业(2014更新版)
一、单项选择题
1. A scientist who speaks and writes English is in closer touch with the scientists in other countries than         _______ who doesn’t.
        A. one        B. those        C. /        D. that
2. -Have you found the problem with the car?    -Sorry.  It_____.
A. is checking    B. is being checked    C. has checked   D. was being checked
3. Even if the treatment ________, there is still no magic pill for patients in the late stages of AIDs.
  A. does    B. uses     C. works    D. helps
4. If you need help ,for instance ,money or          , let me know ,will you?
        A.everything        B.anything        C.nothing        D.something
5. _____, his father took him to a small island and he lived there until eighteen.
    A. when he was three    B. As a boy of three    C. At the age of three    D. Being three years old
6. He didn’t come today, ________ it necessary for us to find another person to do the work.
A. making        B. makes         C. made          D. to make
7. You’ll have to wait for one more week, ___________ the manager will be back from his trip.
    A. before                        B. when                        C. as                        D. until
8. ________ we were out of the traffic jam we were able to resume our normal speed.
A. Whenever         B. No sooner     C. In case        D. Once
9. Only after a baby seal is pushed into the sea by its mother _______ to swim.
A. how will it learn  B.  will it learn how    C. it will learn how   D. and it learns how
10. -Serina has been watching the TV series the whole night.
        A.So her parents have  B.So have been her parents  C.Her parents have been so D.So have her parents
11. Japan has taken a more independent stand _________ .
A. as it does before    B. as it did before  C. than it does a few years ago  D. than it did a few years ago
12. “If”he added, “________ enough time, we would certainly have done it better.”
  A. given    B. to be given     C. give    D. giving
13. “He gave me ________ $100!” he said with satisfaction.
A. no less than       B. no more than     C. something like      D. only
14. There was a big log in the road which__________the traffic.
    A set back       B stood back        C held up        D kept down
15. If the car ________ just once more, I’m going to get a new one.
A. breaks out     B. breaks off     C. breaks down    D. breaks up
16. He was attending a meeting , ________ come to your birthday party then.
  A. unless he would have    B. or he would    C. nevertheless he did not     D. or he would have
17. -Does Bill do his new job well?  - ________ his old job. I’m afraid there’s no hope for him.
  A. Not better than    B. No better than  C. Not so well as   D. Not as well as
18. Memories of her staying with the host family in China often        to the mind of the Italian exchange student.
A.come back        B.call up        C.hold back         D.bring up
19. You are supposed to _______ in your composition yesterday.
    A. hand        B. have handed     C. be handing     D. handing
20. Ever since the Smiths moved to the suburbs a year ago, they ______ better health.
     A. could have enjoyed         B. had enjoyed    C. have been enjoyed         D. are enjoying
21.           out of the office building ,suddenly a car stopped in front of me.
        A.To come        B.Having come        C.Coming        D.The moment I came
22. -- How is your plan getting along?
    -- I can’t carry on ___________ any longer. I have to get help.
    A. singly                B. simply                C. alone                D. lonely
23. Some people hope, the rains will return and ease the hardship ______ the peasants of North China.
A. faced      B. faces        C. facing         D. to face
24. Agriculture was a step in human progress          which subsequently there was not anything comparable until our own machine age.
        A.to         B.in      C.for        D.from
25. I think this trip was well worth          we had paid.
A.that            B.what        C.which                D.how
26. -Canada is       colder than China.    -Are you joking ? It’s       colder!
        A.a little ;more        B.little ;more        C.a little; much        D.little; much
27. -- Miss Eldon, please look again for those orders from the Diamond Store.
    -- They’re not with the other orders, sir. They ___________ be there, but they’re not.
    A. may                B. should                        C. will                        D. ought to
28. Every student as well as teacher who      to visit the museum      asked to be at the school gate on time
A.is;is            B.are;are            C.is;are        D.are;is
29. I haven’t seen you for a couple of days. What have you been up ___________?
    A. in                        B. with                C. to                        D. for
30. We teenagers are reminded to         our manners in public places.
        A.mind         B.notice          C.look                D.care
31. Being spoiled, the girl could do ________ boiling eggs when his parents were out.
A. less than          B. no more than   C. no less than     D. none other than
32. -- Hello. Is Doctor Smith in?  -- Yes. But I’m sorry. He’s lying ill in bed, ___________ move about.
    A. is not able to                B. being unable to    C. being not able to                D. unable to
33. There were sun-beds and sun-shades _____ shades the entire length of the beach.
    A.along              B.across           C.through         D.over
34. I certainly appreciate ________ about the delay in delivering the materials because we had planned to begin work tomorrow.
A. him tell      B. he tells      C. his telling     D. him to tell
35. It is a great        for a person to be able to drive when he is seeking a job.
  A.advantage    B.chance    C.fun   D.importance
36. -How do you find your missing pen?        -Wow,         .
A. It writes well B. Quite by chance C. It lies in my drawer D. It was kept by my grandfather
37. One’s outlook cannot but _______ in what one says and does.
A. coming out      B. come round    C. come through    D. come to
38. The Chang’e I lesson is that national goals can be met      there is a strong enough will to do so.
        A. where        B. though        C. before        D. until
39. There are many things whose misuse is dangerous, but it is hard to think of anything that can be compared   __________ cigarette products.
    A in                 B with               C among              D by
40.  The _________ is working on the house today,
    A carpenter          B plumber       C mason            D electrician
41.          where to stand, and I’ll move the world.
        A. Given        B. If given        C. Give me        D. Giving me
42. Give me your telephone number__________I need your help.
    Awhether              B unless                Cso that               D in case
43. Sorry.At no time          in this building,sir
A.is smoking permitted   B.smoking is permitted   C.does smoking permit D.smoking does permit
44. I didn’t hand in my term paper yesterday although I ________ . That’s why I feel so guilty now.
A. would         B. should          C. had to          D. had better
45. The project won’t carry on           we can get financial aid from the government.
A.unless            B.though            C.whether         D.until
46. Today, housework has been made much easier by electrical __________.
A. facilities      B. appliances     C. equipment      D. instruments
47. I would appreciate           if you could give me a lift to the Lakefront School
A.that        B.it        C.you         D.one
48. I advised her that in the presence of the princess she should not say anything until _______.
  A. being asked     B. asked        C. to be asked      D. having been asked
49. Do you think the reason ________ he gave is believable?
  A. for which   B. which    C. why      D. what
50. -What do you think of Johnny’s latest novel?
        -Well ,I was really attracted by the first half of it ,but           quite boring.
        A.others were        B.the others were        C.the rest were        D.the rest was
51. Although he knew little about the large amount of work done in the field, he succeeded ________ other more well - informed experimenters failed.
  A. which    B. that      C. what     D. where
52. It’s believed that children with single parents at my school were          .
        A.a few        B.few        C.in the minority        D.for the minority
53. -I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have been so rude to you.  -You ________ your temper but that’s OK.
  A. have lost     B. had lost  C. did lose      D. were losing
54. Fran is an honest girl; I say it, ___________ I don’t like her.
    A. even though                B. as if                C. as long as                        D. as though
55. I think that this meal was well worth ________ was charged for it.
A. that     B. what     C. which     D. how many
56. Professor Zhang gave all the textbooks to all the pupils, except ________ who had already taken them.
  A. these     B. ones     C. the ones    D. the others
57. My mother asked me to repeat ___________ telephone number ___________ second time so that she could write it down.
    A. the ; a                B. an ; the        C. an ; a        D. the ; the
58. ________ he is ,he seldom shows his precious coins to others.
  A. Coin -collector as  B. As a coin -collector  C. A coin- collector as  D. Coin- collector that
59. I bought a new type of cell-phone, which was the ___________ of all my classmate.
    A. admire                        B. wish                C. respect                        D. envy
60. When he was running across the field, he _________a log.
     A fell down        B fell off            C fell into          D fell over
61. Though expensive, a coat made of synthetic material lasts longer than _______ made of cloth.
A. that       B. those are         C. which is         D. the ones
62. -Is the experiment easy?    - ________ . I’ll just do my bit.
  A. I think so     B. Certainly     C. Not a little    D. Anything but
63. -I’m so glad to have got recovered so soon with your help. Thank you very much, Dr. Brown!
    A. You’re welcome        B. With pleasure      C. Not at all         D. My duty
64. It is a great        for a person to be able to drive when he is seeking a job.
    A.advantage    B.chance    C.fun   D.importance
65. ______that all mountain roads were closed.
        A.So became the dangerous weather            B.So dangerous did the weather become
        C.So dangerous became the weather            D.Dangerous the weather became so
66. The old lady has _______ a lot of pain in the last four years.
A. got through     B. got over     C. gone over    D. gone through
67. I think this trip was well worth          we had paid.
A.that            B.what        C.which                D.how
68. Ever since the Smiths moved to the suburbs a year ago, they ______ better health.
   A. could have enjoyed         B. had enjoyed    C. have been enjoyed         D. are enjoying
69. -- Miss Eldon, please look again for those orders from the Diamond Store.
    -- They’re not with the other orders, sir. They ___________ be there, but they’re not.
   A. may                B. should                        C. will                        D. ought to
70. ________ we were out of the traffic jam we were able to resume our normal speed.
71. Being spoiled, the girl could do ________ boiling eggs when his parents were out.
A. less than          B. no more than   C. no less than     D. none other than
72. The mistake that is made on television ________ believing that anyone can speak interestingly.
A. relies on     B. consists in   C. consists of      D. consists with
73. It is necessary that an efficient worker ______ his work on time.
A. accomplishes     B. has accomplished    C. can accomplish    D. accomplish
74. -- Do you think living in the country has advantages?
     -- ____________.
    A. Yes, perfectly                B. Yes, it is     C. All right                D. Well, that depends
75. The neighbors do not consider him quite  _________ as most evening he awakens them with his drunken singing.
    A respectful    B respectable        C respected         D respective
76. It will take ____ time, but I’m sure you’ll learn the rules of golf in the end.
    A.1ittle            B.1ittle of            C.a little        D.a little of
77. We consider _________ the instrument should be adjusted each time it is used.
A. that it necessary    B. necessary that     C. it necessary that  D. necessary of it that
78. Not having worked out the program, ________ leave the office.
  A. so he was forbidden to        B. and he didn't want to
  C. his little son couldn't make him  D. he couldn’t free himself to
99. I’ve already told you that I’m going to buy it _________.
A. however much it costs   B. however does it cost much   C. how much does it cost   D. no matter how it costs
80. ________ he had forgotten to take his notebook.
A. That occurred to him     B. He occurred that    C. To him that occurred     D. It occurred to him that
81. 16.        This is the same story ______ I heard ten years ago.
A. that         B. which         C. about that      D. of which
82. I’ve never been to Beijing ,but it’s the place          .
        A.where I’d like to visit        B.I most want to visit        C.in which I’d like to visit        D.that I want to visit it most
83. I bought a new type of cell-phone, which was the ___________ of all my classmate.
    A. admire                        B. wish                C. respect                        D. envy
84. A new technique _______ worked out, we set about our project.
    A. being       B. to be      C. having       D. having been
85. You’ll have to wait for one more week, ___________ the manager will be back from his trip.
    A. before                        B. when                        C. as                        D. until
86. Written in a hurry,              
A.they find many mistake in the report        B.Sam made many mistakes in the report
C.there are lots of mistake in the report        D.the report is full of spelling mistakes
87. I advised her that in the presence of the princess she should not say anything until _______.
    A. being asked     B. asked        C. to be asked      D. having been asked
88. Fran is an honest girl; I say it, ___________ I don’t like her.
    A. even though                B. as if                C. as long as                        D. as though
89. Do you think the reason ________ he gave is believable?
  A. for which   B. which    C. why      D. what
90. -Excuse me .I want to have a letter mailed ,but I can’t find a post office.
        -I know       nearby .Come on , I’ll show you.
        A.it        B.one        C.that        D.another
91. There were sun-beds and sun-shades _____ shades the entire length of the beach.
   A.along              B.across           C.through         D.over
92. -Have you found anything interesting?    -None of the information_____ particularly useful to me.
        A.is            B.are            C.have         D.has
93. If Mary can _______ a solution by herself, I should be very grateful.
A. come up with    B. come up to   C. get on with    D. put up with
94. Mr. Chen gradually ________ a knowledge of the subject.
A. attained        B. achieved        C. acquired      D. enquired
95. ________ numerous at the turn of the century, the number of tigers in India had fallen to 2,500 by 1969.
A. In spite of     B. Although      C. As        D. Despite
96. The old man has four children, the youngest of _________ is Jack.
A. that          B. which         C. whom       D. who
97. I regret _______ him a thief, but I regret even more his stealing my watch!
   A. to call       B. to have called     C. having called     D. called
98. I don't like the paintings.It doesn't        well with the walls of the room.
  A.fit    B.suit    C.go    D.match
99. It is not considered ________ in this country to touch the head of an adult person.
   A. respective    B. respectful     C. respectable      D. respecting
100. -What do you think of Johnny’s latest novel?
        -Well ,I was really attracted by the first half of it ,but           quite boring.
        A.others were        B.the others were        C.the rest were        D.the rest was
101. -Serina has been watching the TV series the whole night.       -          .
        A.So her parents have        B.So have been her parents        C.Her parents have been so  D.So have her parents
102. We teenagers are reminded to         our manners in public places.
        A.mind         B.notice          C.look                D.care
103. These folk songs are familiar _________ the local people .
A. with          B. of          C. to           D. on
104. Some people hope, the rains will return and ease the hardship ______ the peasants of North China.
105. Bumper harvests are guaranteed even ________ drought .
A. as a result of    B. with respect to    C. in the event of   D. by reason of
106. - Why did he say so? - Sorry, I don't understand ________he has said means.
  A. all what  B. what all     C. all that     D. that all
107. Although the false banknote fooled many people, they did not _____ close examination.
A. put up      B. keep up       C. stand up to     D. look up to
108. Professor Zhang gave all the textbooks to all the pupils, except ________ who had already taken them.
  A. these     B. ones     C. the ones    D. the others
109. Sorry.At no time          in this building,sir
A.is smoking permitted    B.smoking is permitted  C.does smoking permit   D.smoking does permit
110. I would appreciate           if you could give me a lift to the Lakefront School
A.that        B.it        C.you         D.one
111. Now nobody expected the chairman to___at the party meeting yet. We thought he was still in hospital.
    A turn in                B tum over              C turn up               D tum down
112. “He gave me ________ $100!” he said with satisfaction.
A. no less than       B. no more than     C. something like      D. only
113. One’s outlook cannot but _______ in what one says and does.
A. coming out      B. come round    C. come through    D. come to
114. -Why didn’t you turn up at my sister’s wedding ceremony?    -           ,man
A.Yes, I didn’t            B.No, I did          C.Neither did I                 D.But I did
115. You are supposed to _______ in your composition yesterday.
    A. hand        B. have handed     C. be handing     D. handing
116. Dennis ,if you are late again, I’ll phone your parents .I’m          ,you know.
        A.serious        B.careful        C.true        D.promising
117. She never laughed, ________ ever lose her temper.
A. so did she      B. but she did not       C. and nor she did          D. nor did she
118. Although he knew little about the large amount of work done in the field, he succeeded ________ other more well - informed experimenters failed.
  A. which    B. that      C. what     D. where
119. He was attending a meeting , ________ come to your birthday party then.
  A. unless he would have        B. or he would   C. nevertheless he did not     D. or he would have
120. The death of the president was a _________ the company.
    A check to         B set back to        C set off           D reorganization
121. It is necessary that an efficient worker ______ his work on time.
A. accomplishes     B. has accomplished    C. can accomplish    D. accomplish
122. We consider _________ the instrument should be adjusted each time it is used.
A. that it necessary     B. necessary that     C. it necessary that  D. necessary of it that
123. My cousin became a soldier in 1988 and served____the Army until 2001.
    A. in           B. for              C. 不填            D. at
124. Some people hope, the rains will return and ease the hardship ______ the peasants of North China.
125. A new technique _______ worked out, we set about our project.
   A. being       B. to be      C. having       D. having been
126. When it comes to bringing up children ,some people say______strict control produces
______well-behaved children.
        A.不填;the        B.the;不填        C.不填;不填        D.the; the
127. Dennis ,if you are late again, I’ll phone your parents .I’m          ,you know.
        A.serious        B.careful        C.true        D.promising
128. -- How is your plan getting along?    -- I can’t carry on ___________ any longer. I have to get help.
    A. singly                B. simply                C. alone                D. lonely
129. I am writing _________ my mother, to express her thanks for your gift.
A. in honor of       B. instead of     C. on behalf of     D. by way of
130. “ You finally made it, didn’t you?”    “ Yes, _______ my brother’s help, I would have finished the work.”
  A. as a result of  B. as for     C. but for      D. for the sake of
121. If Mary can _______ a solution by herself, I should be very grateful.
A. come up with    B. come up to   C. get on with    D. put up with
132. Ever since the Smiths moved to the suburbs a year ago, they ______ better health.
133. He loves doing some reading at home _______ to the cinema.
A. than to go       B. more than going   C. than going       D. rather than to go
134. -What do you think of Johnny’s latest novel?
135. ________ we were out of the traffic jam we were able to resume our normal speed.
136. He prefers to type a letter _______.
A. to sit idle         B. that sit idle     C. to sitting idle       D. rather than sit idle
137. You’ll have to wait for one more week, ___________ the manager will be back from his trip.
138. -Hey, Dad, can I have____ car on Friday night?    -What do you need it for?  -I want to take Sally to ___movie.
    A. a; a         B. the; 不填        C. the; a           D. a; the
139. The curious children watched the towers _______.
A. erected       B. be erected    C. to be erected     D. being erected
140. Scientists say it may be five or ten years _________ it is possible to test this medicine on human beings.
A. since           B. before        C. after        D. when
141. Give me your telephone number__________I need your help.
    Awhether              B unless                Cso that               D in case
142. It is not considered ________ in this country to touch the head of an adult person.
   A. respective    B. respectful     C. respectable      D. respecting
143. Although the false banknote fooled many people, they did not _____ close examination.
A. put up      B. keep up       C. stand up to     D. look up to
144. -- Miss Eldon, please look again for those orders from the Diamond Store.
145. -Serina has been watching the TV series the whole night.      -          .
        A.So her parents have  B.So have been her parents  C.Her parents have been so  D.So have her parents
146. -I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have been so rude to you.  -You ________ your temper but that’s OK.
  A. have lost     B. had lost  C. did lose      D. were losing
147. All flights          because of the snowstorm ,many passengers could do nothing but wait.
        A.had been cancelled  B.were cancelled    C.have been cancelled  D.having been cancelled
148. ________ he is ,he seldom shows his precious coins to others.
  A. Coin -collector as  B. As a coin -collector  C. A coin- collector as  D. Coin- collector that
149. Fran is an honest girl; I say it, ___________ I don’t like her.
150. If you need help ,for instance ,money or          , let me know ,will you?
        A.everything        B.anything        C.nothing        D.something

二、阅读理解
Once upon a time in the West, the only acceptable role models available to women were that of the wife and mother. But now, not only are feminist critics and historians rediscovering the heroines of the past, we have also enough real heroines around today to believe our own new dreams of power.
    Although Madonna’s star might be getting less bright in Britain and America, let us not underestimate her influence. Many young women used to think that being a strong, feminist, demanding woman meant that they might have to give up their claims to be sexual, funny and individualist. But here is someone who is completely in control of her life, her art, her performance. When she grabs her crotch on stage or sells a book o f pin-up pictures of herself, we can see her recreating images that have been used before only to exploit women , and using them to show women that their sexuality is something to be proud of .
     No wonder of Madonna’s fans are not men but young women. They are responding to this new, real possibility that they can play with fire and may not get burnt. They identify with the fat that Madonna controls all aspects of her art, rather than being the innocent victim.
     Another female icon whose power has swept through women’s imaginations is Margaret Thatcher. It is all very well for her to say that she does not think she woes the women’s movement anything. What is important for women, whether or not they sympathizes with her methods, politics or rhetoric, is that here was a woman who stood with the men at the G7 summits or in the British Cabinet as a leader among leaders.
She is not an icon that is easy to cope with. Just as with Madonna, she goes against the grain of the most traditional images of female power. But by breaking through the male cordons of the British establishment she has made sure that never again can a woman’s ability to run a democratic country be questioned just because she is a woman.
31.It can be seen from the passage that Madonna’s influence is _________.
A.        more and more increasing   B. still great in society  C. becoming less and less  D. disappearing as time goes by
32.Most of Madonna’s fans are young women because _________.
A.        she controls all aspects of her life and art   B. she sells a book of pin-up pictures of herself
C. she grabs her crotch on stage             D. she uses her pictures to show that she is sexy
33.It is indicated in the passage that Margaret Thatcher __________.
A.        became successful because she was the only stateswoman among statesmen.
B.        Thinks male British leaders should have done more to help women
C.        Thinks her success has nothing to do with the women’s movement
D.        Has donated a large sum of money to the women’s movement
34.The example of Margaret Thatcher shows that __________.
A.        everyone should support the women’s movement    B women should learn to work together with men
C one’s ability should not be judged by sex            D women should not seek to be sexual only
35.The main idea of the passage is __________.
A.        women have gathered strength from the women’s movement   B. women have achieved a new-found power
C women should take careers to realize their power             D women’s role should be in the home

In science the meaning of the word “explain” suffers with civilization’s every step in search of reality. Science cannot really explain electricity, magnetism, and gravitation; their effects can be measured and predicted, but of their nature no more is known to the modern scientist than to Thales who first speculated on the electrification of amber. Most contemporary physicists reject the notion that man can ever discover what these mysterious forces”really” are. “Electricity”, Bertrand Russell says, “ is not a thing, like St. Paul’s Cathedral; it is a way in which things behave. When we have told how things behave when they are electrified, and under what circumstances they are electrified, we have told all there is to tell.” Until recently scientists would have disapproved to such an ideA.
Aristotle, for example, whose natural science dominated Western thought for two thousand years, believed that man could arrive at an understanding of reality by reasoning from self-evident principles. He felt, for example, that it is a self-evident principle that everything in the universe has the ground because that’s where it belongs. The goal of Aristotelian science was to explain why things happen. Modern science was born when Galileo began trying to explain how things happen and thus originated the method of controlled experiment which now forms the basis of scientific investigation.
36. The aim of the controlled experiment is ___________.
A.        to explain why things happen             B.        to explain how things happen
C.        to form the basis of scientific investigation.  D.        to prove accepted theories
37. What principles most influenced scientific thought for two thousand years?
A.        Thales’ speculations.         B.        Self-evident principles.
C.        Aristotle’s natural science.    D.        Russell’s theory on electricity.
38. Bertrand Russell’s notion about electricity is __________.
A.        disapproved of by most modern scientists  B.        in agreement with Aristotle’s theory of self-evident principles
C.        disagreed by Galileo’s theory    D.        supported by scientific investigation directed toward “how”things happen
39. The passage says that until recently scientists disagreed with the idea that _________.
A.        man can’t discover what forces “really” are    B.        there are mysterious forces in the universe
C.        there are self-evident principles              D.        we can discover why things behave as they do
40. According to Aristotle, that objects fall to the ground __________.
A. is a result of reasoning                 B. could be explained from self-evident principles
C. is an instance of self-evident principle    D. could be tested by experience

When John Milton, writer of“Paradise Lost”, entered Cambridge University, in 1625, he was already skilled in Latin after seven years of studying it as his second language at St. Paul’s School, London. Like all English boys who prepared for college in grammar schools, he had learned not only to read Latin but also to speak and write it smoothly and correctly. His pronunciation of Latin was English, however, and seemed to have sounded strange to his friends when he later visited Italy.
  Schoolboys gained their skill in Latin in a bitter way. They kept in mind the rules to make learning by heart easier. They first made a word -for -word translation and then an idiomatic translation into English. As they increased their skill, they translated their English back into Latin without referring to the book and then compared their translation with the original. The schoolmaster was always at hand to encourage them. All schoolmasters believed Latin should be beaten in.
  After several years of study, the boys began to write compositions in imitation of the Latin writers they read. And as they began to read Latin poems, they began to write poems in Latin. Because Milton was already a poet at ten, his poems were much better than those painfully put together by the other boys. During the seven years Milton spent at university, he made regular use of his command of Latin. He wrote some excellent Latin poems, which he published among his works in 1645.
 41.What does the passage mainly tell about?     A. How John Milton wrote“ Paradise Lost”.
  B. How John Milton studied Latin. C. How John Milton became famous.  D. How John Milton became a poet.
 42.Which of the following is true of John Milton’s pronunciation of Latin?
  A. It has a strong Italian accent.        B. It has an uncommon accent.
  C. It was natural and easy to understand. D. It was bad and difficult to understand.
 43.It can be inferred from the passage that________.
  A. Milton’s training in Latin was similar to that of the other boys
  B. Milton hadn’t learned any foreign language except Latin before going to college
  C. Milton’s Italian friends helped him with Latin when talking
  D. Milton's classmates learned Latin harder but worse than Milton
 44.Which of the following is suggested in the passage?
  A. The schoolmaster mainly helped those who were bad at Latin.
  B. The schoolmaster usually stood beside the schoolboys with a stick in his hand.
  C. The schoolboys could repeat Latin grammar rules from memory.
  D. Some of the schoolboys were quick at writing compositions in Latin.
 45.What is the meaning of the underlined part“ Latin should be beaten in”that the writer wishes you to understand?
  A. Schoolboys should be punished if they were lazy to learn Latin.
  B. Schoolboys should be encouraged if they had difficulty in learning Latin.
  C. Schoolboys were expected to master Latin in a short time.
D. Schoolboys had to study Latin in a hard way.

Between about 1910 and 1930, new artistic movements in European art were making themselves felt in the United States. American artists became acquainted with the new art on their trips to Paris and at the exhibitions in the famous New York gallery “291”( named after its address on Fifth Avenue) of the photographer Alfred Stieglitz. But most important in the spread of the modern movements in the United States was the sensational Armory Show of the 1913 held in New York, in which the works of many of the leading European artists were seen along with the works of a number of progressive American painters.
     Several of the American modernists who were influenced by the Armory Show found the urban landscape, especially New York, an appealing subject. Compared with the works of the realist painters, the works of American modernists were much further removed from the actual appearance of the city; they were more interested in the “feel “ of the city, more concerned with the meaning behind appearance. However, both the painters of the Ash Can School” and the later realists were still tied to nineteenth-century or earlier styles, while the early modernists shared in the international breakthroughs of the art of the twentieth century.
The greatest of these breakthroughs was Cubism, developed most fully in France between 1907 and 1914, which brought about a major revolution in Western painting. It overturned the regional tradition that had been built upon since the Renaissance. In cubism, natural forms were broken down analytically into geometric shapes. No longer was a clear differentiation made between the figure and the background of a painting: the objects represented and the surface on which they were painted became one. The Cubists abandoned the conventional single vantage point of the viewer, and objects depicted from multiple viewpoints were shown at the same way.
46.What’s the main topic of the passage?
A.        Modern art movements in the United States.
B.        The great influence of Cubism.
C.        Several American modernists found urban landscape an appealing subject.
D.        Contemporary artists in the United States.
47.Which of the following is not mentioned as a means through which American artists learned about new movements?
A.        Trips to Paris.                                   B  Lectures by European artists.
C The exhibitions in the famous New York gallery “291”.    D  The sensational Armory Show in 1913.
48.What was exhibited on the sensational Armory Show of 1913 in New York?
A.        Works of many leading European artists as well as works of many progressive American painters.
B.        Works of all the European artists and American painters.
C.        Works of a number of American modernists and painters of the “Ash Can School”.
D.        Works of European artists only.
49.According to the author, which of the following was a major new movement in twentieth-century art?
A. Impressionism.      B. Cubism.     C. The rational tradition.  D. Realism.
50.What do we know about Cubism?
A.        It made a clear differentiation between the figure and the background of a painting.
B.        Natural forms were broken down analytically into shape of a square.
C.        The object represented and the surface on which they were painted became one.
D.        The Cubists preserved the conventional single vantage point of the viewer.

We are all familiar with magnets. The Chinese knew about them in the eleventh century. But the earth itself is also a magnet, with a magnetic North and a magnetic South.
No one really understands very much about the earth’s magnetism, although many people have written about it. Scientists believe the center of the earth is like an enormous magnet, giving out a steady magnetic force. This slowly moves away from the center and up to the surface. By the time it reaches the surface the force is really very weak.
Magnetism is measured by a unit called the gauss. The earth’s magnetic force is much weaker. It measures about 0.7 gauss at the North and South Poles. The weakest point is near Rio de Janeiro at 0.3 gauss.
Many scientists now believe the magnetism of the earth may have a strong influence on life itself. In the distant past many kinds of animals and plants died out suddenly, when the North and South magnetic Poles changed position.
Animals, birds and even people are to some extent controlled by magnetic forces. When there is a sudden increase in magnetic strength, many animals have difficulty finding their way. Mice ,placed near a strong magnet, lose their hair and die early. And when the earth’s magnetism suddenly decreases, the number of men or women who kill themselves increases.
How much does the earth’s magnetism control our lives? We can not know for certain. We do know this magnetism is getting weaker and we know that in 2500 years the magnetic poles may change position again. And we know when this happened in the past there were enormous changes in life on Earth.
51. Which one of the following statements is true?
A.        The earth is a magnet with many magnetic poles.
B.        The earth has a very feeble magnet.
C.        The Chinese knew about magnets as far back as eleven centuries ago.
D.        It’s not clear whether the earth’s magnet has any impact on its beings.
52. What is true about the center of the earth?
A.        Science has proved that the center of the earth is an enormous magnet.
B.        The center of the earth gives out a very weak magnetic force.
C.        The center of the earth has the strongest magnetic force than elsewhere.
D.        The magnetic force at the center of the earth is unstable.
53. According to the passage, what will happen if the magnetic force of the earth increase suddenly?
A.        Doves will not be able to find their way back.     B  People will commit suicide.
C  People will become mad and abnormal.          D  Rats will reproduce very rapidly.
54.According to the passage, the magnetic force of the earth _________.
A.        is controlling more and more people     B  is disappearing little by little
C  is becoming weaker and weaker        D  is hard to predict
55. What does the author imply in the last sentence of the passage?
A.        There will be great changes in life in the future.    B  Animals will die out in the future.
C  The human race will die out in 2500 years.        D  The earth will meet its ruin.

A few days ago I asked my sons’ governess(女家庭教师)Julia to come into my study. “Be seated, Julia, ”I said, “Let’s settle our accounts. I guess you most likely need some money, but maybe you’re too polite to mention it. Now then, we agreed on thirty dollars a month...”
  “Forty.”
  “No, thirty. I made a note of it. I always pay our governess thirty. Well, um, you’ve been here two months, so...”
  “Two months and five days.”
  “Exactly two months. I made a special note of it. That means you have sixty dollars coming to you. Take off nine Sundays... you know you didn’t work with Tom on Sundays, you only took walks. And three holidays... ”Julia was biting her finger nail nervously, her face red, but - not a worD.
  “Three holidays, therefore take off twelve dollars. Four days Tom was sick and there were no lessons, as you were occupied only with Dick. Three days you had a toothache and my wife gave you permission not to work after lunch. Twelve and seven - nineteen. Take nineteen off ... that leaves. hmm.... forty one dollars. Correct?”
  Julia’s left eye reddened with tears welling up. Her chin trembled; she coughed nervously and blew her nose, but - still not a worD.
  “Around New Year’s Day you broke a teacup and a saucer; take off two dollars. The cup cost more, it was a treasure of the family, but- forget it. When didn’t I take a loss! Then, due to your neglect (疏忽), Tom climbed a tree and tore his jacket; take away ten. Also due to your carelessness the maid stole Dick’s shoes. You ought to watch everything! You get paid for it. So, that means five more dollars off. The tenth of January I gave ten dollars.”
  “You didn’t. ”sobbed JuliA.
  “But I made a note of it.”
  “Well... if you say so.”
  “Take twenty seven from forty one -that leaves fourteen.”
  Both her eyes were filled with tears. Beads of sweat stood on the thin pretty little nose. Poor girl!
  “Only once was I given any money,” she whispered, her voice trembling, “and that was by your wife. Three dollars, nothing more.”
  “Really? You see now, and I didn’t know that! Take three from fourteen.. leaves eleven. Here’s your money, my dear. Three, three, three, one and one. Here it is !”
  I handed her eleven dollars. She took them and pocketed them.
  “Merci (法语: 谢谢),”she whispereD.
  I jumped to my feet and started pacing the room. I was overcome with anger. “For what, this - ‘merci’?” I askeD.
  “For the money. ”
  “But you know I’ve cheated you - robbed you ! I have actually stolen from you ! Why this‘merci’?”
  “In my other places they didn’t give me anything at all.”
  “They didn’t give you anything? No wonder! I played a little joke on you, a cruel lesson, just to teach you... I m going to give you all the eighty dollars! Here they are in the envelope all ready for you... Is it really possible to be so spineless (懦弱)?Why didn’t you protest? Why were you silent? Is it possible in this world to be without teeth and claws(爪)-to be such a fool?”
  Embarrassed, she smileD. And I could read her expression,“It is possible.”
  I asked her pardon for the cruel lesson and, to her great surprise, gave her the eighty dollars. She murmured her little“merci”several times and went out. I looked after her and thought,“How easy it is to crush the weak in this world !”
56.While talking to Julia, the wrier expected from her ________.
  A. a protest    B. gratitude       C. obedience     D. an explanation
57.What shocked the writer was Julia’s ________.
  A. nervousness in front of her boss       B. acceptance of injustice
  C. shyness when talking about money     D. reluctance to express herself
58.The writer said, “Is it possible in this world to be without teeth and claws?” He was actually telling the governess ________.
  A. to be more aggressive B. to be more careful in her work  C. to protect her right   D. to live independently
59.At the end of the story, the writer said,“ How easy it is to crush the weak in this world!”to show ________.
  A. his understanding of Julia’s anxiety       B. his worry about Julia’s future
  C. his concern on the living condition of working - class people
  D. his sympathy for the mental state of those exploited
60.From the story, we can tell that Julia’s employer was ________.
  A. greedy but honest  B. ill - tempered but warm – hearted   C. strict but forgiving  D. none of the above

So long as teachers fail to distinguish between teaching and learning , they will continue to undertake to do for children that which only children can do for themselves. Teaching children to read is not passing reading on to them. It is certainly not endless hours spent in activities about reading. Douglas insists that“ reading cannot be taught directly and schools should stop trying to do the impossible”.
  Teaching and learning are two entirely different processes. They differ in kind and function. The function of teaching is to create the conditions and the climate that will make it possible for children to devise the most efficient system for teaching themselves to read. Teaching is also public activity. It can be seen and observed.
  Learning to read involves all that each individual does to make sense of the world of printed language. Almost all of it is private ,for learning is an occupation of the mind ,and that process is not open to public scrutiny.
  If teacher and learner roles are not interchangeable ,what then can be done through teaching that will aid the child in the quest(探索)for knowledge? Smith has one principal rule for all teaching instructions. “Make learning to read easy, which means making reading a meaningful, enjoyable and frequent experience for children. ”
  When the roles of teacher and learner are seen for what they are, and when both teacher fulfil them appropriately, then much of the pressure and feeling of failure for both is eliminated. Learning to read is made easier when teachers create an environment where children are given the opportunity to solve the problem of leaning to read by reading.
61.The problem with the reading course as mentioned in the first paragraph is that ________.
  A. it is one of the most difficult school courses   B. students spend endless hours in reading
  C. reading tasks are assigned with little guidance   D. too much time is spent in teaching about reading
62.The teaching of reading will be successful if ________.
  A. teachers can improve conditions at school for the students
  B. teachers can enable students to develop their own way of reading
  C. teachers can devise the most effcient system for reading
  D. teachers can make their teaching activities observable
63.The underlined word“ scrutiny” most probably means“________”.
  A. inquiry    B. observation  C. control    D. suspicion
64.According to the passage, learning to read will no longer be a difficult task when ________.
  A. children become highly motivated     B. teacher and learner roles are interchangeable
  C. teaching helps children in the search for knowledge    D. reading enriches children’s experience
65.The main idea of the passage is that ________.
  A. teachers should do as little as possible in helping students learn to read
  B. teachers should encourage students to read as widely as possible
  C. reading ability is something acquired rather than taught
 D. reading is more complicated that generally believed

Animals other than humans have not developed communications comparable to human language. But is it possible that other animals have the capacity to learn a language if they are adequately taught? Obviously, this is a fascination notion. The idea of communicating directly with another species has long been a part of human folklore and children’s fantasies. But on a scientific level, the question of whether animals can learn a language is important primarily because it relates to the controversy()between the cognitive and the learning approaches to language. If language is dependent on and is actually an outgrowth of the intellectual structure of the human mind, there is the strong supposition that only humans are capable of using language. Therefore, Noam Chomsky and other psycholinguists have argued that only humans can learn a language, while most behaviorists feel that with sufficient patience it should be possible to teach an animal some sort of language. Although the two schools of thought clearly differ on this point, it is not really a crucial test of the two theories. If a chimpanzee can master a simple language all it would mean is that the chimp’s intellectual capacity and brain structure are more similar to ours than we thought. It would not necessarily imply that our intellectual structure is unimportant in our own mastery of language. Thus, teaching an animal language is an impressive demonstration of the power of learning techniques, but it is not evidence that language is developed entirely through learning.
On the other hand, the question of whether other animals can learn a language is fascination in its own right, aside from its value as a test of the two theories of language development. Accordingly, whatever one’s position on the theoretical dispute, we must consider training an animal to use language a dramatic accomplishment.
66.Which of the following statements is the view of psycholinguists?
A.        The cognitive view of language learning says that only human beings can learn language because it is an outgrowth of the structure of the human mind.
B.        Other animals simply could master a language.
C.        The animals intellectual capacity is much better than human beings.
D.        Language is developed by learning.
67.The behaviorists’ view is that __________.
A.        language is actually an outgrowth of intellectual structure of the animal’s mind
B.        animals have not developed communications system
C.        given enough patience, a man should be able to teach an animal some sort of language
D.        only human beings can learn language
68.That an animal can master a simple language means that __________.
A.        human’s intellectual structure is not important
B.        animals’ intellectual capacity and brain structure are more similar to the humans’
C.        the learning techniques are much more important
D.        language is developed completely by learning
69.The main idea of paragraph two is ___________.
A.        teaching a chimp language is not crucial test of the two theories
B.        their brain structure is not similar to human
C.        using various methods to let the chimp master a language
D.        training a nonhuman to use language is an amazing accomplishment
70.The best title for this passage would be _________.
A.        Animals’ language             B  Human’s language
C  Teaching Animals’ Language    D  Can Other Animals Acquire Language?

Disraeli was as sparkling a letter-writer as he was a novelist.  His letters show that his capacity to observed was matched only by his ability to describe, and they are excited by his over-developed sense of self-dramatization as well as by his enduring sense of the greatness of his own destiny.  He skims through these pages like some gorgeous bird of paradise, spreading his multi-colored feathers and never pausing long enough to become boring.  
     As early as 1830, when only 26, he is found advising Benjamin Austin to carefully conserve his letters for posterity.  Fortunately Austin and others followed his advicA.  As a result over 10,000 letters in his own hand have survived, quite apart from dictated letters and other notes and documents.  Disraeli rarely kept a diary, and poured his thoughts, desires and reflections into his correspondencA.
      What treasures there lie in store!  We leave him 1837 with his longed-for election to Parliament, but ahead come into view the high peaks of his career with the twin mountains of his two premierships and his friendship with the Queen.  Lord Esher maintained that the letters between Disraeli and Queen Victoria had largely been destroyed, but this was not so.  A new, bright and searching light will eventually shine on that extraordinary political and romantic friendship.

71.  This passage appears to be written by _______.
    A  a friend of Disraeli's     B  a contemporary of Disraeli's    C  a literary critic    D  an autobiographer
72.  ...his capacity to observe was matched only by his ability to describA... means
    A  he was as accomplished an observer as he was a descriptive writer  
    B  his capacity to observe and his ability to describe were unrivalled
    C  he was capable of adapting descriptions to fit his observations
    D  his observations and descriptions reflected his own personal ambitions
73.  During his lifetime Disraeli pursued the career of _______.
    A  a correspondent     B  a politician     C  a novelist       D  a consultant
74.  Even as a young man Disraeli realized that one day his letters would be _______.
    A  antiquated     B  well-connected   C  destroyed        D  widely-read
75.  Disraeli's two premierships and his friendship with the Queen are described as being _______.
    A  obstacles to surmount   B  unsurmountable obstacles  C  pinnacles of success  D  impossible challenges

It is said that the public and Congressional concern about deceptive packaging rumpus started because Senator Hart discovered that the boxes of cereals consumed by him, Mrs. Hart, and their children were becoming higher and narrower, with a decline of net weight from 12 to 10 1/2 ounces, without any reduction in price. There were still twelve biscuits, but they had been reduced in size. Later, the Senator rightly complained of a store-bought pie in a handsomely illustrated box that pictured, in a single slice, almost as many cherries as there were in the whole pie.
The manufacturer who increases the unit price of his product by changing his package size to lower the quantity delivered can, without undue hardship, put his product into boxes, bags, and tins that will contain even 4-ounce, 8-ounce, one-pound, two-pound quantities of breakfast foods, cake mixes, etC. A study of drugstore and supermarket shelves will convince any observers that all possible sizes and shapes of boxes, jars, bottles, and tins are in use at the same time, and, as the package journals show, week by week, there is never any hesitation in introducing a new size and shape of box or bottle when it aids in product differentiation. The producers of packaged products argue strongly against changing sizes of packages to contain even weights and volumes, but no one in the trade comments unfavorably on the huge costs incurred by endless changes of package sizes, materials, shape, art work, and net weights that are used for improving a product's market position.
When a packaging expert explained that he was able to multiply the price of hard sweets by 2.5, from $1 to $ 2.5 by changing to a fancy jar, or that he had made a 5-ounce bottle look as though it held 8 ounces, he was in effect telling the public that packaging can be a very expensive luxury. It evidently does come high, when an average filmily pays about $ 200 a year from bottles, cans, boxes, jars and other containers, most of which can't be used for anything but stuffing the garbage can.
76 What started the public and Congressional concern about deceptive packaging rumpus?
     A  Consumers' complaints about the changes in package size.
  B  Expensive packaging for poor quality products.
     C  A Senator's discovery of the tricks in packaging.
     D  The rise in the unit price for many products.
77. The word "undue" (ParA. 2)means___________.
      A  improper          B   adequate            C   unexpected             D  excessive
78. Consumers are concerned about the changes in package size mainly because___________.
     A  they hate to see any changes in things they are familiar with
     B  the unit price for a product often rises as a result
     C  they have to pay for the Cost of changing package sizes
     D  this entails an increase in the cost of packaging
79. According to this passage, various types of packaging come into existence to___________.
     A  meet the needs of consumers                     B  suit all kinds of products
     C  enhance the market position of products            D  introduce new products
80. The author is critical mainly of___________.
     A  dishonest packaging                                B  inferior packaging
     C  tbe changes in package size                       D  exaggerated illustration on packages

Between about 1910 and 1930, new artistic movements in European art were making themselves felt in the United States. American artists became acquainted with the new art on their trips to Paris and at the exhibitions in the famous New York gallery “291”( named after its address on Fifth Avenue) of the photographer Alfred Stieglitz. But most important in the spread of the modern movements in the United States was the sensational Armory Show of the 1913 held in New York, in which the works of many of the leading European artists were seen along with the works of a number of progressive American painters.
     Several of the American modernists who were influenced by the Armory Show found the urban landscape, especially New York, an appealing subject. Compared with the works of the realist painters, the works of American modernists were much further removed from the actual appearance of the city; they were more interested in the “feel “ of the city, more concerned with the meaning behind appearance. However, both the painters of the Ash Can School” and the later realists were still tied to nineteenth-century or earlier styles, while the early modernists shared in the international breakthroughs of the art of the twentieth century.
The greatest of these breakthroughs was Cubism, developed most fully in France between 1907 and 1914, which brought about a major revolution in Western painting. It overturned the regional tradition that had been built upon since the Renaissance. In cubism, natural forms were broken down analytically into geometric shapes. No longer was a clear differentiation made between the figure and the background of a painting: the objects represented and the surface on which they were painted became one. The Cubists abandoned the conventional single vantage point of the viewer, and objects depicted from multiple viewpoints were shown at the same way.
81.What’s the main topic of the passage?
A.        Modern art movements in the United States.
B.        The great influence of Cubism.
C.        Several American modernists found urban landscape an appealing subject.
D.        Contemporary artists in the United States.
82.Which of the following is not mentioned as a means through which American artists learned about new movements?
A.        Trips to Paris.
B.        Lectures by European artists.
C.        The exhibitions in the famous New York gallery “291”.
D.        The sensational Armory Show in 1913.
83.What was exhibited on the sensational Armory Show of 1913 in New York?
A.        Works of many leading European artists as well as works of many progressive American painters.
B.        Works of all the European artists and American painters.
C.        Works of a number of American modernists and painters of the “Ash Can School”.
D.        Works of European artists only.
84.According to the author, which of the following was a major new movement in twentieth-century art?
A. Impressionism.      B. Cubism.     C. The rational tradition.  D. Realism.
85.What do we know about Cubism?
A.        It made a clear differentiation between the figure and the background of a painting.
B.        Natural forms were broken down analytically into shape of a square.
C.        The object represented and the surface on which they were painted became one.
D.        The Cubists preserved the conventional single vantage point of the viewer.

Without proper planning, tourism can cause problems. For example, too many tourists can crowd public places that are also enjoyed by the inhabitants of a country. If tourists create too much traffic, the inhabitants become annoyed and unhappy. They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely. They forget how much tourism can help the country’s economy. It is important to think about the people of a destination country and how tourism affects them. Tourism should help a country, keep the customs and beauty that attract tourists. Tourism should also advance the wealth and happiness of local inhabitants.
  Too much tourism can be a problem. If tourism grows too quickly, people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry. This means that other parts of the country’s economy can suffer.
  On the other hand, if there is not enough tourism, people can lose jobs. Businesses can also lose money. It costs a great deal of money to build large hotels, airports, air terminals, first- class roads, and other support facilities(配套设施)needed by tourist attractions. For example, a major international class tourism hotel can cost as much as 50 thousand dollars per room to build. If this room is not used most of the time, the owners of the hotel lose money.
  Building a hotel is just a beginning. There must be many support facilities as well, including roads to get to the hotel, electricity, sewers to handle waste, and water. All of these support facilities cost money. If they are not used because there are not enough tourists , jobs and money are lost.
86.Which of the following do you think has been discussed in the part before this selection?
  A. It is extremely important to develop tourism. B. Building roads and hotels is essential.
  C. Support facilities are highly necessary.      D. Planning is of great importance to tourism.
87.The underlined word“ inhabitants” (in Paragraph 1 ) probably means________.
  A. tourists    B. passengers  C. population   D. citizens
88.Too much tourism can cause all these problems EXCEPT ________ .
  A. a bad effect on other industries         B. a change of tourists’ customs
  C. over - crowdedness of places of interest  D. pressure on traffic
89.It can be inferred from the text that ________ .
  A. the author doesn’t like tourism developing so fast
  B. local people will benefit from tourist attraction
  C. other parts of a country’s economy won’t benefit from tourism much
  D. we can't build too many support facilities
90.The author thinks it is good for local people to know that tourism will ________ .
  A. waste a lot of money   B. weaken their economy C. help establish their customs  D. help improve their life

The way people hold to the belief that a fun - filled, pain free life equals happiness actually reduces their chances of ever attaining real happiness. If fun and pleasure are equal to happiness then pain must be equal to unhappiness. But in fact, the opposite is true: more often than not things that lead to happiness involve some pain.
  As a result, many people avoid the very attempts that are the source of true happiness. They fear the pain inevitably brought by such things as marriage, raising children, professional achievement, religious commitment (预担的义务), self - improvement.
  Ask a bachelor(单身汉) why he resists marriage even though he finds dating to be less and less satisfying. If he is honest he will tell you that he is afraid of making a commitment. For commitment is in fact quite painful. The single life is filled with fun, adventure, excitement. Marriage has such moments, but they are not its most distinguishing features.
  Couples with infant children are lucky to get a whole night’s sleep or a three - day vacation. I don’t know any parent who would choose the word fun to describe raising children. But couples who decide not to have children never know the joys of watching a child grow up or of playing with a grandchilD.
  Understanding and accepting that true happiness has nothing to do with fun is one of the most liberating realizations. It liberates time: now we can devote more hours to activities that can genuinely increase our happiness. It liberates money: buying that new car or those fancy clothes that will do nothing to increase our happiness now seems pointless. And it liberates us from envy: we now understand that all those who are always having so much fun actually may not be happy at all.

91.According to the author, a bachelor resists marriage chiefly because ________ .
  A. he is reluctant to take on family responsiblilities
  B. he believes that life will be more cheerful if he remains single
  C. he finds more fun in dating than in marriage
  D. he fears it will put an end to all his fun adventure and excitement
 92.Raising children, in the author’s opinion is ________ .
  A. a moral duty  B. a thankless job  C. a rewarding task D. a source of inevitable pain
 93.From the last paragraph, we learn that envy sometimes stems from ________ .
  A. hatred   B. misunderstanding  C. prejudice    D. ignorance
 94.To understand what true happiness is one must ________ .
  A. have as much fun as possible during one’s lifetime  B. make every effort to liberate oneself from pain
  C. put up with pain under all circumstances  D. be able to distinguish happiness from fun
 95.What is the author trying to tell us?
  A. Happiness often goes hand in hand with pain.  B. One must know how to attain happiness.
  C. It is important to make commitments.   D. It is pain that leads to happiness.

Increasingly , over the past ten years, people ---especially young people --- have become aware of the need to change their eating habits, because much of the food they eat, particularly processed foods, is not good for the health. Consequently, there has been a growing interest in natural foods: foods which do not contain chemical additives and which have not been affected by chemical fertilizers widely used in farming
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:30 , Processed in 0.104678 second(s), 22 queries .